Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2002, 03:50 AM   #1
Dwarkarn

Default September 11

Yes I know a lot of you may think the topic is old and been and done with, but frankly I think the topic should never become old.

I don't know if any of you have seen this before but frankly, I found it an amazing read...........

On Monday Sept 10th 2001, we emailed jokes to each other, on Tuesday Sept 11th we did not.

On Monday we were secure, On Tuesday we learned better.

On Monday we were talking about our heroes being athletes, On Tuesday we learned who our true heroes were.

On Monday we were irritated that our rebate check hadn't arrived, On Tuesday we gave money to people we never we had never met.

On Monday people were fighting about prayer in school, On Tuesday you'd have been hard pressed to find a school where somebody wasn't praying.

On Monday parents argued with their kids about cleaning their room, On Tuesday they couldn't get home fast enough to hug them.

On Monday we were upset about waiting 6 minutes in a fast food line, On Tuesday we were willing to wait 6 hours to give blood to the dying.

On Monday we defined each other by race, sex, colour and creed, On Tuesday we wera all holding hands.

On Monday Amercian politicians argued about budget surplusses, On Tuesday they stood together on the steps of the capitol singing "God Bless America!"

On Monday the President went to Florida to read to children, On Tuesday he returned to Washington to protect them .

On Monday we had families, On Tuesday we had orphans.

On Monday people went to work as usual, On Tuesday they died.

The lessons learned in 24 hours, the things taken for granted or forgotten, or overlooked, hopefully will never be forgotten again.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:51 AM   #2
PrincessRazz

I like that to bad we tend to get back to doing what we did on Monday and how its going to take something bad to happen for us to have another Tuesday.

Razz
Old 10-31-2002, 09:12 AM   #3
Maltzeform

I like that also dwark.

I must agree with Razz though.

It was the middle of September when we prayed that there would be no more violence. It was the middle of October that we demanded more blood.

It was the middle of September we were told our questions were unanswerable. It was the middle of October we were told our questions were unpatriotic.

It was the middle of September we were told our freedoms were under attack from abroad. It was the middle of October when freedoms was legislated away.

It was the middle of September when all the world looked upon us with sympathy. It was the middle of October when 3 nations were told to look upon us with fear.

It was the middle of September when we were told not to hate those of differing beliefs and origins. It was the middle of October when we were told to villify the pacifists and debaters as "Against us."

Not to sound pessimistic, but I think its important to remain aware and not just go with the flow of pop sentiment.

Ritt