Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2002, 07:49 PM   #1
cnjmorris

Default New Chat from outside game.....

eqlive.station.sony.com/eqim.jsp

Who bets they charge an arm and a leg because addicts will pay?

Love how they encourage people who are "stuck at work" to steal from their companies.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:52 PM   #2
Araya LeBon

I am:

1) stuck at work

2) excited about this feature

because:

1) it beats pr0n

2) my company doesn't give a crap
Old 11-01-2002, 08:20 PM   #3
Dwarkarn

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Love how they encourage people who are "stuck at work" to steal from their companies. [/quote]

Is this the same way that smoking companies encourage us to smoke and that drug dealers encourage us to take drugs?

Don't be fvcking ridiculous, I smoke and I don't blame the smoking company for it, I blame myself because I made that choice. Verant isn't encouraging anyone to do anything, and if an anyone gets caught chatting on this new program at work and fired, then they deserve it, they made the choice, it's not Verants fault. Verant is simply providing a tool for people to use and I bet people do use it in droves, like I said if someone gets caught using it and fired, THEY made the choice not Verant.
Old 11-02-2002, 12:48 AM   #4
Chukzombi

www.mirc.com

its been free for the 2.5 years ive been using it.

enjoy
Old 11-02-2002, 04:59 AM   #5
cnjmorris

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Verant isn't encouraging anyone to do anything[/quote]

This is directly from their site:
<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>There is almost no limit to the ways you can use EQIM. Stuck at work but want to monitor your guild’s big raid? No problem! EQIM will keep you in touch with people and on top of events in your EQ community while you’re not in the game. [/quote]

Sure, some people are allowed. Sure, some people have a boss that doesn't care. The majority of people have to steal from their employers to use this from work. You say if they get caught if its their fault. Great, so no we ignore whats wrong and only care when people get caught. Well, I guess thats been the trend for a while actually.

I don't blame Verant, people have to be responsible for their own decisions. My point was simply that few companies so blatantly encourage people to steal from work.

Don't quite get the smoking and drug analogies. Smoking companies don't encourage people to steal cigarettes if they can't afford them or to smoke in the face of people. Drugs, last I knew, were illegal.

Old 11-02-2002, 05:44 AM   #6
Maltzeform

Drugs, last I knew, were illegal

Some drugs are very much legal and encouraged..Some drugs are not. Just depends on who is selling the brain candy.

Ritt

Old 11-02-2002, 01:22 PM   #7
Chukzombi

Thats 3 times you mentioned VI is encouraging people to steal from their companies.

How are they stealling? you mean time they are paid to work is spent typing in this chat channel?
In a large company it would be very hard to monitor what everyone is doing all the time and if production doesnt suffer i dont think they would care.

Many people have dull jobs where all they type is numbers on a screen and it can get extremely tedious at times. If a person can break that tedium and type with friends a few minutes out of the day it makes the employee happier and a happy employee is a productive employee. This is bad how?

Stick with IRC, you can do more things with it for free instead of this new pay feature with VI
Old 11-02-2002, 01:52 PM   #8
Ulujain Ebonelphette

Something else they've ripped off from Funcom.

1. Hypertext-linked item descriptions
2. Multi-group experience
and now 3. Web-based IG chat

mIRC is for lamers; real humans use BitchX. IRC on any platform other than Unix is asking for exploitation.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:55 PM   #9
afferon

Imagine that Legends subscribers will get it for free.