Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2002, 09:19 AM   #1
Kamakasi Battlemaster

Default Share Form of the Great Wolf

New PoP level 49 Druid spell.

eq.crgaming.com/spells/spell.asp?Id=2316

Does anyone other than myself cast this in groups for the melee? Everytime I ask if any of the melee wants it, some of them say no thanks, but if I hit them with it anyway they are FLOORD by the ATK bonus they get. I forget the level and class of the person, but I had one person tell me it raised their ATK over 130! It also lasts almost 2 and a half hours. I would have thought this would be more widly used unless there is something better that it would not stack with that im not aware of.

Kama
:rollin:
Old 11-01-2002, 11:32 AM   #2
Arnwolf Magnuson

Most of your large tanks prefer to use bash over kick...and you can't bash in wolf form.

You know what though, for the kickin (no pun intended) atk bonus, I'll take greater wolf form all day.

Arnwolf
Old 11-02-2002, 06:10 AM   #3
Stacy the Druid

From experience, Large races once they are changed from normal to a lower form weither its wolf or werewolf, we lose the ability to slam/bash. However after level 55, for warriors, kick will actually stun target just the same as a bash/slam would. It has the same chance of working as bash/slam does. The actual level at which it begins I am unsure of, but this was about the level when I noticed it. All the times before I just /slam /bashed my way through fights. Now, I love it when a druid puts a doggy form on me. In outdoor zone raids where your not the MA, it helps to get this with the added attack. I like it better then being shrunk. It's also nice to get your attack close to 1300 as well ).
Old 11-02-2002, 10:38 AM   #4
Ironskin

Slam and bash are 2 different things, even though they work off the same skill. Im almost positive i have never lost the ability to bash while in wolf form, its just slam that dosent work.
Old 11-02-2002, 08:17 PM   #5
Arnwolf Magnuson

I was speaking from the perspective of warriors who "never" use a shield...at least I hope they don't.

For a large race warrior when we say slam or bash...we really just mean slam. Forget the whole shield thing.

But yes, you are right. Bash works fine in doggy form (with a shield), slam (which doesn't use a shield) does not work in doggy form.

While at high levels kick and slam may seem to be on equal footing...slam actually has a considerably higher skill cap then kick does...of course, this is mute when you are getting a huge attack bonus from doggy form.

Arnwolf
Old 11-03-2002, 08:01 AM   #6
Zel Greyweather

For those of you who don't know the real difference between Slam and Bash...

Bash is using your shield.

Slam is using your shoulder.

I remember reading a patch that said "You can now slam creatures immune to non-magic attacks with a magic shoulder item"