Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2002, 07:45 PM   #1
Uruz Magnuson

Default restoring deleted files?

just wondering if anybody has anything that might help me. i reformatted my hard drive. i copied the folder with outlook express. when i copied it back, it wouldn't work right. the only way to get it to work was to uninstall and then reinstall. the problem is I, not being at my brightest, cut and pasted the folder. and didn't leave myself a copy.

is there any way to get it back? or am i just sol.

thanks
Uruz
Old 11-04-2002, 07:30 AM   #2
Ziktiny

Unless you have a third party program that preserves all deletions I am pretty sure you are SOL. Sorry
Old 11-04-2002, 08:27 AM   #3
Harkyn

Uruz,

Are you trying to preserve the old messages that you might have in your old copy of Outlook Express? Or are you trying to just install the whole thing again?

If you are trying to install the whole program again (without preserving old messages), check in the folder you copied. It might have a copy of the old install file. If it isn't there, you might be able to download it from Microsoft's website. Try to download it by loading up your browser (Internet Explorer), selecting 'Tools' on the menu bar, and then 'Windows Update'. Click on 'Product Updates' (or something similar). Look for Outlook Express. If you don't see it, do it the hard way, and search through www.microsoft.com to see if it is still available for download.

Bear in mind, I haven't done this in a long time, since I don't use Outlook Express. OE is known for having many security vulnerabilities associated with it.