Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2002, 03:30 PM   #1
TheodwynRiddermark

Default Fan Faire Attendees: PLEASE READ!

Fellow Emarrians,

If you are at Fan Faire, please post here how I may get in touch with you. I live in the SF Bay Area, and am very interested in imbibing fluids with you.

Theo

Old 11-04-2002, 04:14 PM   #2
Dauragon N Sethius

Fellow Emarrians,

If you are at Fan Faire, please post here how I may get in touch with you. I live in the Reading, Pennsylvania Area, and am very interested in expelling fluids into you.

Daur

Old 11-04-2002, 04:40 PM   #3
TheodwynRiddermark

Daur,

That can really be taken wrong when that is communicated to people in San Francisco.

Just letting you know.

Old 11-04-2002, 05:58 PM   #4
Vendrix

Reading, Pa... I grew up in Birdsboro. Left for college at 18 and never went back. Reading does have one really good thing going for it though, Al's Diamond Cabaret.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:41 PM   #5
Igota

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it down there either day, which is really a shame as I live an hour away. Sorry I can't make it, I would enjoy throwing back a few drinks with you Theo.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:58 PM   #6
Kildara StormShadow

I'll be at the fan faire and I'm looking forward to meeting more EMarr folks! Shoot me an email if you want to meet up for drinks. sclausen4@yahoo.com

Felinah
Old 11-05-2002, 01:54 AM   #7
Stacy the Druid

I wanted to go, but Work has kept me busy. It would be about a 45 min drive for me. I live in Petaluma, about 12 miles south of Santa Rosa.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:50 AM   #8
bhupindar

Can't make that one Theo (I live 45 minutes away)... my wife and I are having our 12th Wedding Anniversary that weekend

Bhupindar Grudgebearer
55 Cleric
Free Company
Old 11-05-2002, 02:15 PM   #9
Martigan

I may be able to make it Saturday...Friday night is out of the question though. Wife told me "we can use the fan fair money to buy me some new clothes....yadda yadda yadda". We'll see I guess.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:17 PM   #10
Festivus

My wife would disown me if I went to Fan Faire.... so I will just exchange fluids with her.

Old 11-05-2002, 07:17 PM   #11
Aulus Cornelius Celsus

Out of curiosity - could someone who has been to one of these things tell us what cool/fun things happen at Fan Faires? I live in San Francisco, so might pop down over if I can get away from work...

Best,

Celsus

Old 11-05-2002, 11:00 PM   #12
Largar

Fan Faire in San Fransisico eh?

My hunch: There will be many, many Bards there...

Crus
Old 11-06-2002, 12:33 AM   #13
Siilverain

What cool/fun things happen at FanFaires?

Good news is, it's a short list -- Drunk Gamers. Best people in the world to get drunk with and the conversation always turns from EQ to Sex in short order. Good times.

My goodness, I hope the next one is in Denver!

*Viva la FanFaire!*
Old 11-06-2002, 05:50 AM   #14
Kidin

Hail,

Cool/fun things that happen at Fainfaires?

Making fun of the whackos. Talking to the GM's & guides, and Verant employees. Those people really do work hard, and talking face to face may dispell many of your preconceived notions on how things really work there.

Admiring some of the costumes, laughing at the others.
I'll never forget the kids in Boston who made costumes out of beer case cartons, Saran-wrap, and liberal amounts of duct tape...Browsing over-priced souvenirs & meeting some of the people running many of the websites you may visit. (I met Woody, Baelish, and others.)

Heavy amounts of drinking and socializing. Finally meeting people IRL that you've chatted with for months/years. The mental image of your friends may need some adjustment afterwards. Meeting people from your server that you never knew before, making new friends.

Do you need to register for Fanfaire? Unless you have a few specific meetings that you want to attend, you can probably bypass spending your money if you live nearby. Hang out in the hotel lobby/lounge, and you'll meet plenty of people. The dinner and sessions weren't worth the expense.

Take care,
Old 11-06-2002, 08:05 AM   #15
sueno

Umm, I'll be there Friday and Saturday, and possibly even Sunday (if Fri and Sat are good enuff)

I'll be riding up with some friends.

Kissies!
Sueno
Old 11-06-2002, 09:08 AM   #16
CeruleanRuneguard

I was really wanting to go. But I'm shooting 2 commercials this weekend. Only chance I have of showing up is if it rains, then I can delay the shoots.

Ceru