Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2002, 03:04 PM   #1
Elnoyle Aeroscarr

Default Fletching: Seems REALLY complicated...

I looked at some of the recipies for Fletching, and I Didn't even Know how to get them and what they were. I am COMPLETELY clueless about all this stuff in fletching, Is it really as hard as it looks? Is this natural for someone to be this confused over fletching?....
Thanks

Old 11-05-2002, 10:13 PM   #2
Malevant

I've found tailoring to be rougher than fletching by a large margin, especially the pre-200 bits. What recipes/info are you looking for?
Old 11-05-2002, 10:57 PM   #3
Gloriana Frostglitter

Default Fletching

Each arrow fletched takes four components: arrowhead, shaft, fletch and nock.

Read this FAQ:

pub147.ezboard.com/feqtra...=204.topic

Use this Guide:

pub147.ezboard.com/feqtra...=683.topic

Make arrows until a part trivials. Triviality depends on the most complex part, so if you're not concerned about making the best arrows in skilling up, buy the one part you're practicing on and go cheap on the rest. Basically, The trivial for a complete bow/arrow will be the same as the highest trivial component used.

Old 11-06-2002, 02:06 AM   #4
Aishen

Default Re: Fletching

oh geez I saw the topic and I thought it said "feltching." /shudder
Old 11-06-2002, 04:07 AM   #5
Trech Da ShadowKnight

Default .

Get ya about 5kpp and a day off work and you can be a 212 fletcher in no time. Thats how I did it.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:22 AM   #6
The Lone Ranger

Default !

Actually vendor buy-back prices were nerfed 2 patches ago. You will need more than 5k to get past 200 skill.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:09 PM   #7
Braydin Firecaster

Default Re: !

Post Nerf Info.

Flething to 202 = less than 1k pp.. done properly around 200-300pp

Fletching from 202 - 216 = 17k pp (for me atleast)

Post 216 I have spent 5k pp without a single skill up.

BUT... if I sell this new shiney bow I have on me I will make up almost ALL of what I spent.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:28 PM   #8
Darue Ivywood

LMAO Aish!

HAHAHAHAahaha..that was too much...
Old 11-06-2002, 02:55 PM   #9
Elnoyle Aeroscarr

Well..I'm just starting out a new character who is a Ranger. And i figured from all the talk about fletching i would make a lot of profit, and i know that since i will obviously start out at level 1, i won't have very much Platinum, gold Etc. So i know that I will most likely start fletching around level 10 or so..so.I also want to know about what level of fletching i will have to be to start making a profit..and how much i will need to invest in this skill.
Thanks again.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:59 AM   #10
Malevant

Realistically? 200+, probably not until you hit 250 will it be profitable in a monetary sense. You won't be able to finance yourself until that point, at least, in terms of selling big name bows for large profits (Blessed Faydark Thunderbolts, Nightmarewood Compound Bows, etc).

That said, there's no reason to avoid taking up Fletching. First off, if you are a Ranger, you are going to be using arrows. A lot of arrows. By purchasing the cheapest arrow portions, you can get something like 4 or 5 times the arrows for the same price as the store bought ones, and also level up your skill a little at lower levels. Additionally, those bare-minimum arrows are as good as the store bought versions. If you upgrade any part of the arrows you are making, you will have something better than can be purchased straight from a vendor.

For myself, I sell the occasional bow if someone asks me to make it, or I do combines for free if they bring the parts and don't mind a possible failure. This has probably netted me something like 2kpp tops in my entire fletching career. I have, however, saved a very large amount of money fletching my own arrows up til 45, when I gained use of a Tolan's Bracer. Archery is a bastard of a skill to raise, and making your own arrows is the cheapest way to do get them so that you can work on raising it.

Fletching won't be a big money skill for a long time for you, if ever, although if you get it to 250, you can make a decent amount making and combining the high end bows.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:46 AM   #11
Felessan

Default Gloriana!

Hehe, hiyas Glori! Responding to a fletching thread? My goodness, we do get around, lol...

Seriously though...just start up the Fletching...its addictive, and as someone above stated...your a Ranger, and will be an everpresent part of your life from now on.

Tolan Bracer helps, too...hehehee...Good luck.

I am,

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 06:03 AM   #12
Braydin
Alpha Mage!

Location: If I told you, then witness protection would have to move me... again
Send a message via Yahoo to Braydin
Default Profitable Fletching

hehe Fletching at 216 and have made 5 Nightmarewood Compound Bows out of 7 attempts. Fletching is quite profitable before you get to 250
Braydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:44 AM   #13
Malevant

That's more because of the wierd difficulty to make those bows than anything else though, hehe. Pre-PoP, you really did need to be fairly high up there to make a profit at it. DN bows were just better for Rangers til BFT came out, and most other classes didn't need a Darkwood bow unless they were really into being able to pull from a long ways away
Malevant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 11:50 AM   #14
Guntak

Where's my BFT Bray?

Last edited by Guntak; 11-08-2002 at 11:53 AM.
Guntak is offline   Reply With Quote