Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2002, 12:54 PM   #1
Chiteng

Default Vote you people!

I hope you all voted.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:55 PM   #2
Birren

/agree.......... although strange place to put this.....
Old 11-05-2002, 12:57 PM   #3
Langree

I will be... not a great choice for Gov's here in Cali, who should I write in?
Old 11-05-2002, 01:12 PM   #4
Igota

Seriously, it would kill me to vote for either one of the two big jackasses running for our state...

/e pencils in "arnold schwarzenegger"
Old 11-05-2002, 01:14 PM   #5
Raedwulf

Langree: I voted for the Green Party candidate. He's not too crazy for a Green, and I only agree with maybe half his platform, but he's at least honest. Davis is gonna win due to his underhanded tactics in killiing Riordan in the primary and Repugnantans were too stupid and fell for it. And Simon is a tool.

I was at the polls at 8am this morning, just like every election in the last 19 years but two. I was in England in 1988 during Bush/Dukakis, and couldn't make myself vote for either of them. And I was out of town on an emergency business trip during another primary. Only two I've missed since I got the franchise.

I sure hope Mondale beats Coleman. And that Democrat in Texas would be sweet, too.
Old 11-05-2002, 01:22 PM   #6
athao

I can understand voting for issues and such, but trying to choose between people, who to even get on the ballot have had to completely sell out, is pretty pointless. I would venture a guess that about 1% of them have our best intrests in mind.

Lets see, who do I want to choose:
sellout_01 from party 'big_buisness_pay_me_more_01'
or
sellout_02 from party 'big_buisness_pay_me_more_02'

It is ALL about the $$$.

Sucks since we are the greatest 'democracy' on earth, right? hahaha.

This party/nomination/ballot system is totally screwed up. We don't even have a chance to vote for people who are real.

sorry, had to vent...bring it!
Old 11-05-2002, 01:34 PM   #7
Chiteng

Default well

Since I think all politicians are either corrupt or will become corrupt, I dont really care. But I do know that not voting is stupid. Those decisons these clowns make cost you money.

I would love to see Libby Dole lose.

His name in Kirk, Raed.

Old 11-05-2002, 01:48 PM   #8
Malevant

Default Re: well

I vote purely so that I have a legitimate reason to complain about my government. Well, that and the sticker.

Seriously, it takes a half hour tops most places and it gives you a warm glowy feeling for the entire trip back to the highway gridlock.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:39 PM   #9
Largar

Default Re: well

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>/e pencils in "arnold schwarzenegger"[/quote]

Thats a mighty fine idea! Too bad I didnt read that one before I went to the polls.

On a side note, just watched the returns for the proposals in CA. Looks like every fookin one that will raise taxes passed

Dunno If I am going to be able to afford to live in this state anymore

Crus
Old 11-06-2002, 04:12 AM   #10
Trech Da ShadowKnight

Default .

I voted entirely 3rd party candidates where I could as I find more and more there is very little difference in the two major parties.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:31 AM   #11
Daveena

Default Re: .

Bwahahahaha...I didn't vote...I refuse to vote on this...oh wait...I'm a Canuck! Don't tell me what to do!

Old 11-06-2002, 12:09 PM   #12
Raedwulf

Trech: Here's a little piece I got from a website I enjoy quite a lot - Bartcop.com. I think you are VERY wrong about the Dems being identical to the Rebug's.

"In his disgraceful presidential campaign, Nader contended that voters ought to side with him to make a difference because there would be no policy distinction between Gore and Bush. Would Gore have reversed environmental and workplace protections, shoveled out tax breaks for the rich, shriveled the Social Security surplus and driven the country back into deficit spending?

"Would Gore have promoted an energy agenda that favored the industry over conservation? Would he have handcuffed federal stem cell research that promises to cure terrible diseases or blocked new gun control measures? ... Would Gore be a wholly owned subsidiary of Enron and Halliburton? Not blooming likely."

--Marianne Means, seattlepi.nwsource.com

I'm very disappointed in the results of yesterday's elections. Get ready for more war, less freedom, and a crappier economy.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:13 PM   #13
RazerZedgeEmarr

I didn't vote. I had better things to do like drool on my pillow, and scratch my butt while drooling on my pillow. did I mention I had to drool on my pillow?

oh yeah, I'm also canadian so I didn't actually have to vote today.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:58 PM   #14
Raedwulf

Razer: Apparently a lot of people that should have stayed home doing nothing but drooling on their pillows and scratching their asses, went out and scratched their ass in public - ie. Voted Repugnant.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:32 PM   #15
Maeri

interesting commentary on the US voting system:

www.sciencenews.org/20021102/bob8.asp
Old 11-06-2002, 10:06 PM   #16
Nogem

Heard something on the news about how this was the highest non-presidential voting turn out in a really long time. So someones voting.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=309652"><em><strong>Crypte X`Y ~ Assassin</strong></em></a>
Old 11-06-2002, 10:25 PM   #17
Chiteng

Default Re: Raedwulf

I agree, and no matter what the outcome in Iraq, it wont do a damn thing to avenge the WTC. Nothing at all.

We put Sodamn Insane in power, we pumped him up, and the people of Iraq KNOW that.

The economy will hit the cellar when they run out of things to loot, and then will come the taxes, for the people that still have jobs.

Old 11-07-2002, 05:14 AM   #18
Jexielia

oOo I voted for the candidate who called me less than 100 times in the last two weeks with automated messages telling me why I should vote for them, or asking me to put a big sign with their name on it in my yard.

wait... there wasnt one.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:26 AM   #19
Maltzeform

Raedwolf I think the answers to your questions would be a disheartening Yes. Except the part about Halliburton. Gore's oil-daddy was Occidental Petroleum. Different cats getting fat, same shaft for the rest of us. That article read like propaganda meant to shame liberals into voting for the lesser of two evils, instead of voting for their beliefs and that is why the system is fuckked. Gore is no more a liberal than Bush is a Christian, those are just faces they paint on so the people can love them.

Ritt