Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2002, 08:48 PM   #1
TheClericBanton

Default Internet Explorer Sucks!

Yes, I use IE mainly because Netscape is unstable as hell and i dont like any other browers, just use to IE.

well the problem is that ill go visit a site it will begin to load the page then just suddenly stop and then windows says it stopped responding. It keeps on doing this randomly on any page from my Guilds msg board to gamespot.com.

Its pissing me off!
Old 11-06-2002, 09:01 PM   #2
Igota

Not your browser, most likely it is a missconfigured router if you are on broadband.... well, maybe your browser is configured improperly... I would look into all those settings and see what shows up.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:06 PM   #3
TheClericBanton

Thing is it was working a while back and then suddenly it started happeneing, I never mess with settings as soon as i get it working so i know it doesnt have to do with my router being imporperly configed (also do to the fact that the 2 other pcs can surf just fine).

Edit: LOL went to go to Download.com to get a new browser and it keeps locking up on me, It KNOWS im gonna replace it, Dam you MS ><
Old 11-06-2002, 10:25 PM   #4
RazerZedgeEmarr

on this pc, when ie opens a new window and tries to open a page, it sits there frozen. I have to hit Escape, then F5 to refresh, and it works. Otherwise I don't get any buttons or anything, just a window border and whatever is behind it. Windows 98 on this machine, ie6. ie6 works fine on my xp machine.
Old 11-06-2002, 11:21 PM   #5
Shazanti

/love Mozilla

/hate IE
Old 11-07-2002, 07:15 AM   #6
Darue Ivywood

Had the same problem on my laptop (Win2K)...

It went away once I installed a pop-up stopper on it.

Seems pop-ups werent getting loaded properly and taking my IEx down to the point of reboot.

Once Pop-Up stopper was installed (and temp files/cookies deleted) ..it all seemed to go away.

Just a thought from what I went through.

Old 11-07-2002, 07:42 AM   #7
Kerryn Darkwater

Default Heh

Ulujains going to love this post.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:44 AM   #8
Thorwald The Warrior

Default Re: Heh

I Had the above problem on IE 5.5. IE 5 I did not have the problem and IE 6 it was also not present. The caching for IE 5.5 is supposed to be buggy according to one source.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:11 AM   #9
Baledin Trueblade

I'm having this issue right now on my laptop. I have to hit stop on each window, then refresh to get it to work. I did have a virus on there recently, so any others with this problem may want to check for viruses. I'll delete the cache this evening to see if that clears up the problem, but I'm willing to bet it's the aftereffects of the virus.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:22 AM   #10
Festivus

Mozilla > all

www.mozilla.org