Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2002, 08:33 AM   #1
Sefa Akajira

Default PoP Corpses

With the advent of the automatic corpse delivery feature in Planes of Power, it sure would be nice if folks would completely loot their corpses.

Personally I've never quite understood why folks want to leave a placemark for where they died or were rezzed. However, now that the corpses are all popped to the same very small area, it has turned these tokens into delay for others, perhaps even yourself!

How? Well, with all the surplus corpses lying about, the CLR or group members in zone can't easily *see* when a new corpse is dropped in. This results in a lot of running around the 'graveyard' checking for the corpses a CLR (or player) is seeking. Sometimes the names are buried in a pile of corpses.

Yeah, ok -- so I can always do /tar player's corpse ... then run around graveyard hotkeying it till I find a "hit". On the other hand, it sure is easier for players to LOOT their corpses completely in the first place.

Hope this doesn't turn into being considered a 'flame' - not intended that way.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:37 AM   #2
Dewstreehugger

Default completely agree

All i can say is I completely agree with this it also causes lag till you get /hidec all typed in. Would be easier if you just looted that last item off instead of 100s of ppl having to type /hidec all
Old 11-07-2002, 08:42 AM   #3
Snaz the Snaptail

Default Re: completely agree

On the other hand, it lets us know who the server litter bugs are.

Then too if ya see someone's corpse a LOT you might wonder about the advisability of grouping with em.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:40 AM   #4
Codsan Morcods

Man I remember back before the res timer was put in, you'd zone into Sol B or Guk and there would be dozens of semi-naked corpses at the zone..

Old 11-07-2002, 09:42 AM   #5
Jexielia

I personally agree completely... I somewhat expected that so many players would abuse the graveyard/corpse popping feature by leaving their corpses so much that Verant would nerf it...

Old 11-07-2002, 07:20 PM   #6
Razer Zedge

Send a message via AIM to Razer Zedge Send a message via Yahoo to Razer Zedge
I zoned into PoD (same thing, same person, in justice too) a while back and noticed that 1 person had 4 or 5 naked corpses on top of one of the big blocks (the word for them escapes me right now) in the graveyard. I sent him a tell asking why he can't just loot the corpses instead of being an idiot and leaving 4+ in every plane he dies in.

His response was something like "They are there as a big F-U to VI for bugs and crashes" So he dies due to a bug, or a server/zone crash, gets rezzed by another player or, as he mentioned, a GM/guide, and then loots all but 1 item off his corpse cause he thinks that VI will notice and give a damn that it happened. I am so sure a guide goes to PoD and sees 4 corpses and immediately goes red in the face remembering the bugs that caused that person to die.

And, as usual, when I asked why he leaves corpses, and told him it causes lag, he did what all the server litter bugs do, and tried to introduce me to the /hidecorpse command. I'm sorry but I shouldn't have to /hidecorpse every time I go somewhere cause a bunch of idiots can't loot their corpses. I have to do it when the corpses cause too much lag, then I need to turn it off to drag other people, then turn it back on again. I shouldn't have to use it because of a handful of idiots.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:47 PM   #7
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
On the bright side, it stops any case of "D00d I was camping this spot, but I died! Didn't you see my corpse!?"

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 08:52 PM   #8
Ana Silversong
Brat in Training

Send a message via AIM to Ana Silversong
I agree completely. I haven't quite grasped why people would leave their corpses there.

I did see one that was 4 in an X shape on top of a headstone. Creative, yet still no real point in it.

Especially with the ease of being able to find a clickable cleric in the Planes of Power.

One corpse, I can see, but over that, I don't see the point.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:51 PM   #9
Razer Zedge

Analorn, was that in Justice? I noticed a few corpses on that headstone, and then more were added. I don't know if the original person was the same person from Disease, but his corpses were in that mass on the headstone.

Now ever time I see that person the first thing that comes to mind is "grr"
Old 11-08-2002, 01:06 AM   #10
Malevant

I am sending Tessot a bill for lost bandwidth, I swear to god he had like 5 bodies in every 1st tier zone I went into.

Dunno if he was the guy you were thinking of, but seems like I saw more of his corpses than I saw of mine, and I have a 2 death a day minimum...

Didn't really bug me all that much, but I found it kinda non-sensical all the same, hehe.
Malevant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 01:25 AM   #11
Razer Zedge

yeah, Tessot is the guy. didn't want to come right out and say it was him, and I kinda wanted to see if anyone else knew who it was :P
Old 11-08-2002, 02:20 AM   #12
Fyrsong

Bah

Not just PoP.. Everywhere!

Nothing worse than trying to do CR for people who don't smack their /loc key before they splat in places like WW, and I have to play my corpse locate song.

If the player isn't in zone, I need to play it with no target -- which brings up the closest corpse. Thats a pain in the arse when people leave a corpse just for sh!ts 'n giggles.

CLEAN YOUR CORPSES!!
Old 11-08-2002, 08:53 AM   #13
Ana Silversong
Brat in Training

Send a message via AIM to Ana Silversong
Default AHA!

Yes! That was the corpse. I saw them in PoJ, too.

Technically, it's against the rules and can be reported and a player can be issued a warning for it. It's considered spam because it affects the ping time of other players.

Fyresong...I feel your pain.

I do have to say I was rather impressed the other night when I had to do a double CR in Fear, though. I didn't pick up a single corpse that wasn't one that I was looking for. It helped my day go alot smoother that I wasn't having to dodge CT to try to find the corpses I actually NEEDED.

I have never understood why people leave corpses, though. If it was rezzed, or even if it wasn't full rezzed, when the timer is up, go loot your corpse.

Last edited by Ana Silversong; 11-08-2002 at 08:56 AM.
Ana Silversong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 09:14 AM   #14
Davek
Squawk Box

But you can have fun with a corpse if you're a druid! Pop on wolf form and hump it!

I bet VI wasn't thinking along that line when they finally gave a sit animation to wolf form

To quote Alice Cooper:

I love the dead
before they're cold.
Their blueing flesh
for me to hold.
Cadaver eyes upon me see,
nothing.

Well something like that :eek:

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:27 AM   #15
Krrak

Just be glad that Verant - oops, no longer Verant - Sony doesn't change the rez timers to be that as soon as a corpse is no longer rezzable, that it poofs - imagine the screams then...
Krrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:40 AM   #16
Braydin
Alpha Mage!

Location: If I told you, then witness protection would have to move me... again
Send a message via Yahoo to Braydin
Its a conspircy by VI to make us Die more, by putting the zone out in a GY so that when you get clost with your train you LAG like an SOB and get killed.
Resilience
Braydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 09:44 PM   #17
Miiphon

Send a message via AIM to Miiphon
Default Re:PoP Corpses

Alternately, they could have put the graveyard in a safe spot adjacent to the zone in/out, but not on top of it.
Miiphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 09:48 PM   #18
Krrak

The graveyards in PoN, PoJ and PoD are not quite at the zone out - well PoN is really close and PoD is farther away - but only PoI (that I know of) has the GY right where the zone out is... and that zone has as many trains as KC did/does... perhaps made by the same sadistic designer - something to think about.
Krrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:11 PM   #19
RacterVargun

My problem isn't finding my own corpse at the graveyard in places such as PoD...it's finding haffers, dorfs and gnomes who wanna group with mah. It seems it's the ogres who love leaving their corpses around, and poor shorties can't get their head above the sea of corpse bellies.