Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2004, 10:43 AM   #51
Gerick

Originally Posted by Wildane
What makes these people assholes? It's their money, they can spend it how they like. Worry about your own money and quit judging what other people do with theirs.

the fact that they are wasteful shits?
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:12 AM   #52
Inmountains

All right, WHO let Gerick out of the preschool sand box? I have to know!! Even IF you had a clue, you wouldn't know what to do with it!!!

Debt is NOT bad, too much debt is a killer. Inflation is not bad (who in here doesn't like a pay raise?), too much or too quick is a killer. Someone mentioned that we did not have much inflation during Clinton's Administration which is true, my income went DOWN every year under Clinton until I finally had to change careers in 1999.

It's funny how the Liberal's were quiet month after month of low CPI inflation. Then when ONE fucking month it has a jump, the Liberals jump all over it like flies to a dog shit pile. How much of the CPI jump is attributed to Oil and Food. Gas and Milk have gone through the roof here, and both are made here. The gas I burn in my car comes out of the ground right under my house and the surrounding area (as crude oil for those limp brained liberals who were going to jump on that one), and we have thousands of cattle and milk cows in my county, so I have no idea why the price jump!?!?

Yes, the CPI had a jump, but lets see over the next 3-6 months before we start really making a mountain of this little mole hill!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:39 AM   #53
Maximus Faticus

Who is this "we"?
American's.

Gerick, i you have the competence to make those financial decisions you would understand. It's like arm-chair quarterbacking. Expand your horizons.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:46 AM   #54
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Have you made a fuckton of money from outsourcing Maximus- or do you show likely signs of making a fuckton of money from outsourcing? I sure haven't- nor have the vast- and I do mean vast- majority of Americans.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:09 PM   #55
Maximus Faticus

Not directlly I haven't. I sure have saved a lot of money though when I upgraded my PC.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:22 PM   #56
Gerick

if sending your money to people you dont know(or people that hate you) is good why not just dump all you cash on the poor? you will see the same return you would end up with from outsourcing a few years down the road, cept it would work faster
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:13 PM   #57
Everclear

Wealth for everyone, means more wealth and standard of living for everyone, basic economics does actually work if you leave behind all the Luddite-esque fears and let it run.

Yeah, I know globalization helps "everybody"... I am not against globalization... indeed there is nothing to be "against" it is happening and will continue.

However, when you say "global economy produces the most for the most" you are unfortunately correct, considering most of the world doesn't live in America =D

I do believe American's standard of living will be compromised somewhat and a large part of the wealth concentrated in the US will be spread abroad. Here's the deal..Yes a "fuckton" of money will be made, but do you realize that for most of the "average" Americans citizens it will be more of a "cost" than a "benefit"? In fact, in almost all of my business classes the globalization trend has been stressed, and there is a general attitude that a business "belongs" to no country. Our colleges are teaching us, basically how to participate and operate businesses in a borderless paradigm. This does mean that this "fuckton" of money will be made by individuals or collections of individuals, but by people who bear no particular "obligation" to the US. My basic point is that while yes, we are poised to reap great rewards "we" is not the US. "We" are business individuals who will be located wherever "our" profit can be maximized. I don't know if I am being clear.

Basically IMO "globalization" is the weakening of influence of political or government organizations, and the emergence of transnational business entities that serve only themselves. Good for some... not so great for others... but lots of opportunity for those with education or large amounts of investment capital =D
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote