Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2004, 09:06 AM   #1
bumbleroot

Default Libs are right again

Well, well, well, the latest news I have been hearing is how the CPI (that's Consumer Price Index) took a heftier than expected jump up the last month. The Fed is considering raising rates because of inflationary pressures. We are going back into the days of inflation. (Funny, I don't recall much of those during Clinton's days).
The odd thing about inflation is that conservatives on this board and those in the media have been saying that Outsourcing will lead to lower cost goods at home and thus offset the practice. That isn't happening apparently.
Could it be that this macro-economic theory is wrong? Are the libs right again? It certainly seems so.
God you cons are so damned easy to win arguments against. All we libs need to do is sit back and let you make mistakes and then point them out everytime. When the truth always comes out, us libs are always right because we, unlike you, have others' interests at heart and we aren't blinded by our own pocketbooks but rather we follow a path of common sense.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:16 AM   #2
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Inflation is the sign of a good economy.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:33 AM   #3
Chiteng
Supporter

Really? Germany 1930 comes to mind.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 10:36 AM   #4
bumbleroot

Inflation is the sign of a good economy.
Chuk- was I speaking of the state of the economy? NO. I was speaking of the EXCUSE cons have been using about outsourcing is now gone. So when you and your conservative buddies get on TV or have a forum, stop feeding the American people bullshit about how outsourcing will lower prices and make it beneficial to consumers.

I am sick and tired of excuses like
1. We would be welcomed as liberators
2. They have WMD
3. Oil pays for the war
4. Tax cut will create massive job growth
5. The latest how outsourcing causes lower prices
6. Etc. etc. you get the picture.

I am tired of excuses- let's get some real leadership in there that doesn't try to gloss everything over. In fact, you cons are falling lock, step and barrel inline with EVERY excuse they give. When we point out the results from your little escapades we hear nothing but excuses. There is ZERO responsibility being taken by this regime for anything they do. And almost everything they do they break.

Oh an by the way Chuk- inflation helps the economy because it ADDS money to the economy. However, if the base money isn't there, it pretty much is offset by a holding off of spending. Which means no new money added into the economy.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:29 AM   #5
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Not sure what you want me to tell you. Outsourcing lowered consumer products, that wasnt a myth. the economy is healthy, not a myth there. interest rates are starting to go up which is also a sign of a healthy economic recovery. What was your point?
Old 05-15-2004, 12:01 PM   #6
bumbleroot

Outsourcing lowered consumer products
That is not true. Inflation has taken over. You are buying into this lie. Can you explain how prices go down while inflation goes up? Because it sounds like you are bullshitting us again Chuk.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:53 PM   #7
Sakkath

I don't agree that inflation is always the sign of a good economy, but moderate and managed inflation can be a healthy sign.

Current figures largely reflect rising oil prices (which are still being artificially inflated by the US admin). A rise in US interest rates is well overdue, and unless there are any big economic suprises I'd expect to see three 25 basis point rises before the end of the year. One in June, one in August and one in October or November.
Sakkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:57 PM   #8
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
inflation is sign of an awesome economy. When deflation occurs I find it quite difficult to insert my penis with any sort of results. However, when inflation occurs I often find the rubber walls of the dolls to be much more firm and therefore conveying more feeling. And THAT makes me want to spend more money and therefore help the economy. Deal with that you red diaper doper babies.
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:15 PM   #9
Lurikeen
Freaky

I have to agree with Trech. With deflation the latex just doesn't feel the same.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:25 PM   #10
Gerick

How fucking stupid do they think we are? if we outsource the money goes to other nations, while we keep buying the result, which goes to the company based in china.

basically by cutting jobs your cutting consumers, which is what we need for a econemy, im SOOOOO glad we are making india rich /eyeroll
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 05:30 PM   #11
Trech

To be completely honest, while the short term ramifications of making other countries rich is bad, the long term is good. As a civilization, humanity will never be able to progress to our next level of existance without a true global community.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:31 PM   #12
Gerick

bull, we base our wealth off of bobbles, fucking pretty lumps of rock.

We cant float the world on greed
Old 05-15-2004, 05:36 PM   #13
Trech

no we dont. The us economy hasnt had a gold or silver backing for many years now
Old 05-15-2004, 05:45 PM   #14
bumbleroot

To be completely honest, while the short term ramifications of making other countries rich is bad, the long term is good. As a civilization, humanity will never be able to progress to our next level of existance without a true global community.
Thats just bullshitting and making excuses. Why not instead of saying you are being completely honest actually try being completely honest.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:47 PM   #15
Trech

Youre wrong bumble. We arent going to be able to advance to the next levels of knowledge and accomplishment without a cooperation on a global level. Its a simple fact. I thought thats what you libs wanted? Globalization?
Old 05-15-2004, 05:59 PM   #16
Gerick

Thats not true trech, we just expanded off gold and silver, and our money in america is still backed by some form of mineral wealth or oil, it just doesnt contain the amount because of the "trading with the enemy" bill passed back in the day, meaning our money is only good to people that we are willing to extange money with, its also why you have to document every trade of gold and silver over seas
Old 05-15-2004, 06:01 PM   #17
Trech

right. Our money is worth something because we have stuff. Thats called faith based.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:13 PM   #18
Gerick

I think money should be made to reflect the value of the item or work done, not how many shiny rocks your nation has.

the fact that we can now create diamonds in russian plasma and presure tanks is scary enough to this mineral wealth system
Old 05-15-2004, 07:15 PM   #19
Maximus Faticus

I'm sure that everyone will agree that a stronger economy is good, right?

I'm going to explain it in layman's terms.

Outsourcing will increase profit margins, which in turn will cause the companies stock to rise. Therefore a lot of people will make more money.

Another way to look at outsourcing is modern imperialism. We spread out our companies all over the world. As the countries get stronger we get stronger because they became dependent on us. Essentially we begin to Americanize other countries.

The only downside to outsourcing is that some people at home will have to change their careers.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:19 PM   #20
Gerick

Oh, some details

http://www.physics.usyd.edu.au/plasma/diamond.html

except its a bit out of date, we can create perfect diamonds now but they are small, but in 5 years time they will be able to create diamond motherboards in 1 months time of lab growth.

max, the spin doctors told us only low level, manual labor jobs will be lost, but look where we are, tech jobs, telomarketers etc.

just so you know, my uncle couldnt find work for a year and shot himself because of all the jobs lost in the area, REAL fucking easy for you to sit there, while you have a job, and tell others to find a new profession
Old 05-15-2004, 07:31 PM   #21
bumbleroot

Outsourcing will increase profit margins, which in turn will cause the companies stock to rise. Therefore a lot of people will make more money.
The problem with this is that the people that make more money are the ones that invest more money. Basically those with money will make more money. Its a curve model. As they make money, they will make more money. However, this makes the rich richer and everyone else out of the money chase. This in turn lowers the standard of living.

In other words welcome to 1929 all over again.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:57 PM   #22
Maximus Faticus

You don't have to be rich to invest, just intelligent.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:04 PM   #23
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

The problem with this is that the people that make more money are the ones that invest more money.
How is that a problem? Those that take greater risks should reap greater rewards.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:10 PM   #24
Chiteng
Supporter

How is that a problem? Those that take greater risks should reap greater rewards.
Really? So Drug runners are 'entitled' to their profits?

No Wildane, the 'people' determine who is entitled, not you.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:17 PM   #25
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

So, you don't believe that someone who makes a bigger investment should see a bigger return, Chit? Besides, *I* am not attempting to decide who should get what, I'm just telling it like it is.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote