Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2004, 06:48 PM   #1
bumbleroot

Default A possible scenario

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4855930/

When I saw this picture something popped into my head immediately. The picture shows intelligence officers interrogating prisoners previous to one of the already seen photos.

Did anyone catch that every enlisted personnel in the photos first seen were posed? None of them are shown interrogating but basically posing with the prisoners. That led me to suppose that those photos were released first to get them blamed for this fiasco. I am not sure that any of the enlisted personnel or MPs did the interrogating. None of the pictures show this. I think that the photos we all saw first were shown to us first so the blame would go towards them and away from others. Someone intentionally released these photos first and I wonder who that was. Whomever it was wanted to deflect blame from someone onto these personnel.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:30 PM   #2
Ramesses Elliscer

Send a message via Yahoo to Ramesses Elliscer
You think they are being used as scapegoats? That might be the case, but what they did is wrong either way. I can't say I feel pity for them, but if they were following orders as they claim I might be inclined to understand why they did it even though they knew it was wrong, we are taught to obey lawful orders, these were anything but lawful. But it is so dam hard not to follow an order even when you know its wrong; all that goes through your mind is the repercussions and how your military career will end.

Not trying to make an excuse for the behavior, just trying to point out that standing up against something in the military is probably the hardest thing a soldier can do, especially when its condoned by the immediate chain of command, they are being railroaded and the other parties responsible will most likely walk.

I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity.
General Dwight D. Eisenhower
Ramesses Elliscer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:54 AM   #3
Felessan

What they did was wrong, period.

But...

As Ramesses stated, it is so hard not to obey. Especially in a forward combat area. You are conditioned to respond, immediately. It is hard to explain.

In their case they were not under fire, and were in a confinement facility. They knew damned well they shouldnt be doing what they were doing. Their actions have made it that much harder for the line trooper walking their sector...it didnt need to be made any more intense out there.

They deserve to rot. No exceptions, burn them down.

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:11 AM   #4
bumbleroot

but what they did is wrong either way.
Posing for pictures is wrong?
I have yet to see a picture of them doing anything but posing with the prisoners. I am not condoning their actions but we don't know if they did anything to the prisoners of if someone else did.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:17 AM   #5
Felessan

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
Posing for pictures is wrong?
I have yet to see a picture of them doing anything but posing with the prisoners. I am not condoning their actions but we don't know if they did anything to the prisoners of if someone else did.
They stood by, and let it happen. They did not report any wrongdoing. If for nothing other than that, they were wrong.

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:04 AM   #6
bumbleroot

They stood by, and let it happen. They did not report any wrongdoing. If for nothing other than that, they were wrong.
We don't know that they didn't report it. If one person tried reporting it and it was knocked down, then the rest would know there is no possibility of reporting it. I did hear one of the soldiers say they tried to report it and did get knocked down. I heard it on the news, and I don't have the source atm.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:16 AM   #7
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
I can see it now...

Libs will start crying pretty soon for the poor enlisted men and women who abused the Iraqi prisoners...only because it is the opposite stance that Bush has on this matter.

I may be wrong, but let's see.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:30 AM   #8
Inmountains

My sister served in the US Army and was raped by her CO and other enlisted men. She went to the Chaplain on base, in Germany, and was told to NOT tell anyone. How screwed up is that? Being a soldier does NOT give you the right to disregard basic human decency!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:55 AM   #9
Vireil
Disturbing the force

I'm not making any excuses for the people involved in abusing prisoners. Let's just keep it in perspective that it was not just 6 or 7 MP's involved in this.
Vireil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:20 PM   #10
bumbleroot

Aye aye. The Administration does not want you to know that they had something to do with the treatment of these prisoners. That would mean that they were complicit with the actions.
If MI (Military Intelligence) is involved then it means there was a directive at some place and level to have them involved conducting some of this. The last pic we see shows that they appear to be doing the interrogation. It also is not a rogue intelligence officer leading the interrogation. It is a group of MI. Every one of the MPs claims that MI was in and out and there were so many different ones that they did not know who was who. This implies that MI was doing this on a large scale. This also implies that it was directed and not conducted by rogue MI. That implies that it was a directive. Where that came from is the question. If it was the Pentagon- Rumsfeld's ass is grass.