Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2004, 06:14 AM   #1
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Default Clinton = Bush

Yesterday I was listening to the Rhandi Rhodes show at work. For those of you who don't know who she is. She has a show on the afternoon on Air America. She is very liberal and very funny. And I say funny because of the way she rants and raves about Limbaugh spewing hate and then spews forth hate.

Well, yesterday she was talking about how only 'poor white farmboys and hispanics and blacks' join the military. Being former military myself I took exception to that. Being as I was not poor, not a farm boy, nor am I black or hispanic. So I called in. And even got to talk to her.

Seems her major complaint was that rich kids, more importantly for her, George W. did not have to join the military to get money for college. So what? I noticed she did not mention all the rich liberals whose kids don't have to join the military for college money.

Now that leads me to my question. Is Bush the left's version of Clinton? Afterall the right blames Clinton for everything. And now the left blames Bush for everything. The left defends Clinton. The right defends Bush.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 06:32 AM   #2
bumbleroot

I noticed she did not mention all the rich liberals whose kids don't have to join the military for college money.
Perhaps you mean Al Gore or perhaps you mean John Kerry or perhaps you mean the Kennedy boys. Since you mention about the rich liberal kids who don't join the army or didn't join for Vietnam, please tell us who you are referring to?
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 06:33 AM   #3
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I still find it hilarious that the right has chosen a centrist Democrat as a "liberal" whipping boy It would be like liberals bashing John McCain as the root of all right-wing evil.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:36 AM   #4
Inmountains

That's because Byrdie, Killem Kennedy and Hilarious Hillary are too easy!!! Even the rare intelligent lib hates them!!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 06:42 AM   #5
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Not really- it's more illustrative of how little the right-wing understands the political spectrum and anything left of far-right is deemed liberalism.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:14 AM   #6
Flub Man

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
Since you mention about the rich liberal kids who don't join the army or didn't join for Vietnam, please tell us who you are referring to?
I didn't say anything about Vietnam. The word Vietnam never came up in the discussion. You should not try to read into posts. We were talking post Vietnam.

Let's see, the Kennedy clan never have to worry about joining the army to pay for college. The Clinton family never has to worry about how college will be paid for. The Daschle family has college taken of. As do the children the Kerry's, Pelosi's, Byrd's and McAullife's.

Originally Posted by Horm
I still find it hilarious that the right has chosen a centrist Democrat as a "liberal" whipping boy It would be like liberals bashing John McCain as the root of all right-wing evil.05-13-2004 09:32 AM
I did not mention Kerry in my original post. Black helicopter sound make you see his name? And when he is voted the most liberal Senator based on his voting record. I don't see how you can call him a centrist.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 05-13-2004, 07:28 AM   #7
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Flub Man
now the left blames Bush for everything. The left defends Clinton. The right defends Bush.
Dude, I told you to lay off the weed.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:37 AM   #8
bumbleroot

Seems her major complaint was that rich kids, more importantly for her, George W. did not have to join the military to get money for college. So what? I noticed she did not mention all the rich liberals whose kids don't have to join the military for college money.
Let's see, the Kennedy clan never have to worry about joining the army to pay for college. The Clinton family never has to worry about how college will be paid for. The Daschle family has college taken of. As do the children the Kerry's, Pelosi's, Byrd's and McAullife's.
Hmm, Flub. If I remember the rich kids issue is NOT an issue today because there is NO DRAFT. So this issue is pertinent ONLY during the draft/war days. Clinton was not rich then. Daschle- nopers, Byrd has two daughters- neither eligible for the draft, Pelosi herself was not eligible for the draft, McCauliffe was too young for Vietnam and his oldest kid is only 12 years old. So before you start naming names you know nothing about, perhaps you ought to do a tad bit of research before you open your piehole.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:48 AM   #9
Flub Man

Um bumble, and I'll do this real slow, we were N-O-T talking about Vietnam. Nor were we talking about the draft. The discussion was about people who join because they could not afford college. She mentioned that the Bush family would not have to worry about their kids doing that. She failed to call out any of the liberal family's that don't have to sorry about that either.

The discussion is N-O-T about V-I-E-T-N-A-M. It's about the class warfare that you on the left like to play. Bush's family doesn't have to serve in the military and can afford to send their children to college. And you poor people can't. So you must hate him. Never mind the rich liberals who can do the same but are not mentioned. As I have said before the richest Senators are on the Democrat side of the aisle. I guess when you are rich you can afford to play the class warfare card.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 05-13-2004, 07:57 AM   #10
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Flub
I did not mention Kerry in my original post. Black helicopter sound make you see his name? And when he is voted the most liberal Senator based on his voting record. I don't see how you can call him a centrist.
Ummm Flub- you wrote about Bush being the whipping boy for the left and Clinton being the whipping boy for the right. Clinton was a centrist Democrat and so therefore I was talking about....nah, nm- you're a smart guy, you'll figure it out
Old 05-13-2004, 08:11 AM   #11
Flub Man

Yeah, that 'centrist' Clinton guy. Umm, yeah, he is a centrist.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 05-13-2004, 08:15 AM   #12
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

He isn't? That's the concensus view of Clinton's politics- how is he a liberal?
Old 05-13-2004, 08:22 AM   #13
bumbleroot

we were N-O-T talking about Vietnam.
Seems her major complaint was that rich kids, more importantly for her, George W. did not have to join the military to get money for college
Gee, Flub. Who was not talking about VIETNAM? You or her? Last I checked "George W. did not have to join the military" means that it was regarding the draft in Vietnam.
Here let me break this down for you-
The term "have to join the military" implies THE DRAFT.
George W.'s time was VIETNAM.
Her point was all about George W. not having to join during Vietnam because he was rich. I don't think she could have said it any clearer. You perhaps wanted to argue so you made up your own train of thought.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:26 AM   #14
crimsonedge

Gee, Flub. Who was not talking about VIETNAM? You or her? Last I checked "George W. did not have to join the military" means that it was regarding the draft in Vietnam.
Here let me break this down for you-
The term "have to join the military" implies THE DRAFT.
George W.'s time was VIETNAM.
Her point was all about George W. not having to join during Vietnam because he was rich. I don't think she could have said it any clearer. You perhaps wanted to argue so you made up your own train of thought.
And that charge is absolutely false, he did have to join and he did do his service to his country as did about 500k other reservists. Get over it Bumble, she and you are wrong.
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:28 AM   #15
bumbleroot

Perhaps you need to check on the way Flub paraphrased this.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:30 AM   #16
Flub Man

You take part of a sentance and use that as part of you arguement?

Ok, then let's do the same:

Originally Posted by bumble
perhaps you mean the Kennedy boys
The term Kennedy boys implies PEOPLE WHOSE BROTHER KILLS A WOMAN.

That was fun.

I guess Vietnam is bumble's answer to everything.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 05-13-2004, 08:44 AM   #17
bumbleroot

No Flub. I take what you said She said. I show you that you are arguing a different point than her. And unfortunately you just don't seem to still get it.

Your not listening or not understanding concepts is becoming a habit for you Flub. I just pointed out in my thread on Venezuela how you state that I am complaining about Bush when the thread has nothing to do with Bush. In fact I don't mention him or allude to him.
You have proven in that thread and you are proving in this thread that all you are doing is throwing up opposition even if it is a point that you don't know what is being said. You simply are NOT LISTENING too well.
Take my advice Flub, next time you argue something, make sure you actually listen or read first so you can argue the points that are being made and not your own points. Because when you do that, you are only arguing to hear yourself. Stick with the topic man!!!!
Old 05-13-2004, 08:47 AM   #18
Flub Man

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
He isn't? That's the concensus view of Clinton's politics- how is he a liberal?
No, that is the left's concensus.

Let's see, gays in the Armed Forces, Universal Health Care and his anti-gun stance. And let's not forget his loathing of the military. All centrist values I'm sure.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 05-13-2004, 08:58 AM   #19
Flub Man

Stick with the topic man!!!!
Um, if you read my first post you would know that Vietnam has nothing to do with this Thread. Reread my first post and Stick with the topic man!!!!

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 05-13-2004, 09:06 AM   #20
Felessan

Im pretty sure Flub is able to determine the topic, at hand..he started the thread. Now whom is having trouble here?

Flub Man - 40
Bumble - Love

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:14 AM   #21
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

No, that is the left's concensus.

Let's see, gays in the Armed Forces, Universal Health Care and his anti-gun stance. And let's not forget his loathing of the military. All centrist values I'm sure.
You mean a "Don't ask don't tell" policy when the left wants zero discrimination? Gun control (not anti-guns, many on the right don't understand the difference between imposing clip-size limits and taking away your guns- part of that whole slippery-slope logic you paranoid kooks adore so much I guess)=anti-guns?

What about NAFTA and DOMA? Surely those aren't liberal.

I'm not saying he was right-wing. But he was not a liberal president.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:21 AM   #22
Flub Man

Since the military is an all volunteer force descrimination plays no part of discussion. There were already a ton of gun control laws on the books before he took office. By slowing adding more, one dose turn the corner from gun control to anti-guns.

Horm, by your reasoning Bush is a Centrist. After all he has added more money to domestic projects and even let Ted 'Don't Worry, I'll Drive Carefully' Kennedy write the education bill.

I'm not saying he is left-wing. But he is not a conservtive president.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 05-13-2004, 10:28 AM   #23
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Since the military is an all volunteer force descrimination plays no part of discussion.
Paid for by the people of this country- I don't see how the volunteer nature of the military somehow makes sexual orientation discrimination ok?
I'm not saying he is left-wing. But he is not a conservtive president.
Then we agree- you don't think he is left-wing, nor do you think he is conservative. Therefore he must be <fill in the blank>

Old 05-13-2004, 10:38 AM   #24
Flub Man

Paid for by the people of this country- I don't see how the volunteer nature of the military somehow makes sexual orientation discrimination ok?
It's not discrimination. Every place of employment has requirements to be hired.

After all:
There are rules regarding how old one can be to join. Is that age discrimination? There are rules regarding height requirements. Is that vertical discrimination? There are rules regarding weight requirements. Is that horizontal discrimination?

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 05-13-2004, 10:43 AM   #25
Flub Man

Then we agree- you don't think he is left-wing, nor do you think he is conservative. Therefore he must be <fill in the blank>
Which 'he' are we talking about?

The former governor of a Southern state with a questionable background who did not serve in Vietnam and who ran against someone who did goto war and has managed at some point to piss off his base?

Or:

The former governor of a Southern state with a questionable background who did not serve in Vietnam and who ran against someone who did goto war and has managed at some point to piss off his base?

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble