Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2004, 08:30 AM   #26
Vireil
Disturbing the force

Inmountains, please take your racist bullshit elsewhere. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Vireil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:35 AM   #27
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
So you don't like "nigger" but "rag head" seems to be ok with you based on your other postings today. Nice try douchebag. Here's a tip- you're embarrassing yourself. Do yourself a favor and just shut the fuck up before you cultivate anymore bad karma.
I dunno, I don't see anything wrong with what IM is writing.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:36 AM   #28
Vireil
Disturbing the force

As far as the topic at hand, this senator's comments and the attitude that it's just a few soldiers at fault here are absurd at best IMNSHO. The Red Cross reported problems in US run detention facilities over a year ago. This is a big deal. We're supposed to be the good guys. We need to act like it.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:39 AM   #29
Caelie123

Inmountains "raghead" is politically incorrect. It's "towelhead" silly. That's the politically correct term.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:40 AM   #30
Felessan

Originally Posted by Caelie123
Inmountains "raghead" is politically incorrect. It's "towelhead" silly. That's the politically correct term.
/chuckle

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:42 AM   #31
Zephaus

I listened to the good Senator yesterday on CSPAN. It was clear from his tone of voice and his words that he was disgusted by the investigations and public inquiry. He obviously felt that this was a waste of time. His full comments (from the NY Times Transcript) were:

SEN. INHOFE: Thank you, Mr. Chairman. I -- well, first of all, I regret I wasn't here on Friday. I was unable to be here. But maybe it's better that I wasn't, because as I watched the -- this outrage, this outrage everyone seems to have about the treatment of these prisoners, I was, I have to say -- and I'm probably not the only one up at this table that is more outraged by the outrage than we are by the treatment. The idea that these prisoners -- you know, they're not there for traffic violations. If they're in cell block 1-A or 1-B, these prisoners, they're murderers, they're terrorists, they're insurgents. Many of them probably have American blood on their hands. And here we're so concerned about the treatment of those individuals. And I hasten to say yeah, there are seven bad guys and gals that didn't do what they should have done. They were misguided, I think maybe even perverted, and the things that they did have to be punished. And they're being punished. They're being tried right now, and that's all taking place. But I'm also outraged by the press and the politicians and the political agendas that are being served by this, and I say political agendas because that's actually what is happening. I would share with my colleagues a solicitation that was made. I'm going to read the first two sentences. "Over the past week, we've all been shocked by the pictures from Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq. But we have also been appalled at the slow and inept response by President Bush, which has further undermined America's credibility." And it goes on to demand that George Bush fire Donald Rumsfeld. And then it goes on to a timeline, a chronology, and at the very last it makes a solicitation for contributions. I don't recall this ever having happened before in history. Mr. Chairman, I ask unanimous consent that this solicitation be made a part of the record at this point.

SEN. INHOFE: Mr. Chairman, I also am -- and have to say, when we talk about the treatment of these prisoners, that I would guess that these prisoners wake up every morning thanking Allah that Saddam Hussein is not in charge of these prisoners. When he was in charge they would take electric drills and drill holes through hands, they would cut their tongues out, they would cut their ears off. We've seen accounts of lowering their bodies into vats of acid. All these things were taking place. This was the type of treatment that they had. And I would want everyone to get this and read it. This is a documentary of the Iraq special report. It talks about the unspeakable acts of mass murder, unspeakable acts of torture, unspeakable acts of mutilation, the murdering of kids -- lining up 312 little kids under 12 years old and executing them, and then of course what they do to Americans, too. There's one story in here that was in the I think it was The New York Times, yes, on June 2nd. I suggest everyone take that -- get that and read it. It's about one of the prisoners who did escape as they were marched out there, blindfolded and put before mass graves, and they mowed them down and they buried them. This man was buried alive and he clawed his way out and was able to tell his story. And I ask, Mr. Chairman, at this point in the record that this account of the brutality of Saddam Hussein be entered into the record, made a part of the record.

SEN. INHOFE: I am also outraged that we have so many humanitarian do-gooders right now crawling all over these prisons, looking for human rights violations while our troops, our heroes, are fighting and dying. And I just don't think we can take seven -- seven bad people. There are some 700 guards in Abu Ghraib. There are some 25 other prisons, about 15,000 guards all together, and seven of them did things they shouldn't have done and they're being punished for that. But what about some 300,000 troops have been rotating through all this time and they have -- all the stories of valor are there.
He is plainly spelling out that he thinks these crimes were the relatively isolated and minor acts of a few people that have been blown out of proportion by the President's political opponents. My stomach turned to hear him go on in this dismissive fashion.

In fact, he received a gentle rebuke from fellow Republican, SC Senator Lindsey Graham, who said:

I would -- just want to say for the record that I'm very proud of the fact that our military command system, civilian and military, comes out in the open, is asked hard questions, has to appear before the public. And you've documented, General Taguba, some failings. I think we're failing the country ourselves up here a bit. I think we're overly criticizing this. This should be what binds us, not what tears us apart. I think Republicans and Democrats have a different view of a lot of things, but it seems to me that investigating a prison abuse scandal, when you say you're the good guys, should pull you together, not tear you apart. And I would just hope my colleagues can understand that when you say you're the good guys, you've got to act as the good guys. So, General Taguba, how long have you been in uniform?

GEN. TAGUBA: Sir, this is my 32nd year.

SEN. GRAHAM: Saddam Hussein is in our control. How would you feel if we sicced (sp) dogs on him tomorrow?

GEN. TAGUBA: Sir, on Saddam Hussein?

SEN. GRAHAM: Yeah.

GEN. TAGUBA: Sir, we still have to follow the tenets of international law.

SEN. GRAHAM: As much as you and I dislike him, as mean a tyrant as he is, and you know he'd kill us all tomorrow, I am so proud of you. What are we fighting for, General Taguba, in Iraq? To be like Saddam Hussein? Is that what we're fighting for?

GEN. TAGUBA: No sir.

SEN. GRAHAM: Our standard, General Smith, can never be to be like Saddam Hussein, can it be, sir?

GEN. SMITH: No sir.
The good senator from Oklahoma should be ashamed of himself. He implies that we should not subject these actions to serious public scrutiny because what we've done is not as brutal as what Saddam did. Is that to be our standard in America? It's okay to do things as long as they aren't as bad as what viscious totalitarian thugs do? I don't think many Americans agree with that standard.

The point is, regardless of how few people were involved, a serious blow has been dealt to America's credibility, and it is important to deal with the situation in a way so as to restore the credibility. If it means a huge circus of hearings and trials and resignations, so be it. The future of American foreign policy is more important than a few careers...
Check me out here or here.

Last edited by Zephaus; 05-12-2004 at 09:24 AM.
Zephaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:47 AM   #32
Inmountains

Why Vireil, you think your view is better than mine? Hmmmm, what does that sound like?

By the way, you idiots, I NEVER said racism was good either, my point is that racism EXISTS!! My whole goal was to get a "assanine reaction" from you so called "compassionate" people, and I succeeded. It just goes to show that YOU think you are superior /sarcasm on 'because I am not racist, I am better than you' /sarcasm off. I used the term 'rag head' in one of my previous posts for the sole purpose to watch you libs take that ball and run with it. I still can't stop laughing. I could have used "camel jockey", or some other slang term, but redundancy to prove a point gets tiresome.

Vireil, take your "superiority complex bullshit" elsewhere.

Oh, just for the record, I am one of the LEAST racist people posting here. You can ask the Native American, the African American, the Mexican American, the Jewish American, even the Texan, that I work with all day long, and they will back up my claim 100 percent. Also, I believe OJ is innocent, and have always felt that way. (another topic, but just to prove my point)
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:52 AM   #33
Vireil
Disturbing the force

Inmountains, I think you need to get your son to post in your defense again. Your response illustrates that you are not up to the task yourself.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:55 AM   #34
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
You know what's left over if you extract the superiority and god-complex from a liberal?

A pair of dirty tennis shoes and 8 ounces of unmetabolized LSD....
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:57 AM   #35
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Trith
You know what's left over if you extract the superiority and god-complex from a liberal?

Damn! I was wondering what happened to my acid! Thanks for helping me find it.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:01 AM   #36
Felessan

Im still laughing...thanks Trith.

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:05 AM   #37
Zephaus

Originally Posted by Inmountains
Oh, just for the record, I am one of the LEAST racist people posting here. You can ask the Native American, the African American, the Mexican American, the Jewish American, even the Texan, that I work with all day long, and they will back up my claim 100 percent. Also, I believe OJ is innocent, and have always felt that way. (another topic, but just to prove my point)
Can you please provide names, addresses, and phone numbers? Or e-mail would suffice. You seem to be missing an Asian American among your acquaintances. Normally I would ask for one from each of the various Asian ethnic groups, but since this is still a rather informal inquest, one from any would suffice. Perhaps you also have an Islamic friend or associate? They would not even have to be Arabic. If you have any other non-Western European friends, associates, or neighbors, please feel free to include them.

Are there any other high profile cases involving individuals from a minority group that you find particularly troubling? For example, how do you feel about Kobe Bryant?

If you have any pictures of you with a member of a minority, please attach them to your response.

If you have ever started a website like http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/ please include a link. It will go a long way towards bolstering your claim to being among the "least racist" person here.

Thank you.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:12 AM   #38
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Yeah, cause if you were one of them you'd like a 3 second news brief to be the total coverage of your captors depravity.
You know what? As long as the guilty parties got the punishment they deserved, I don't give a fuck if the whole world knows about it or not. This isn't a soap opera, this is real life. Just HANDLE IT and move on. Dragging this shit out is just going to outrage more and more people and I fail to see the benefit in that.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:17 AM   #39
Deadscale

>< Texan

wait...I'm from Texas!
Old 05-12-2004, 09:18 AM   #40
Trith

Dragging this shit out is just going to outrage more and more people and I fail to see the benefit in that.
The benefit is only on the Democratic side. The libs believe that if they can falsely tie this somehow to Bush they can help Kerry's ailing campaign. So..as long as the liberal media and Teddy "one for the road" Kennedy care to use this a political grandstand they will do so. If this was a Democratic presidency this issue would have swept under the rug within hours of it happening..and you would never have seen the photos and never heard a word of anything even happening...except maybe on Drudge..

They would also be hyping up the murder of Nick Berg to build sentiment for the war. Instead we have the exact opposite..the libs are trying to sweep Nick Berg under the rug the prevent war support from growing and trying to shove the prison pictures down everyone's throat while lying and screaming " BUSH ORDERED THIS!!!!!".
Old 05-12-2004, 09:31 AM   #41
Lurikeen
Freaky

The benefit is only on the Democratic side. The libs believe that if they can falsely tie this somehow to Bush they can help Kerry's ailing campaign.
WTF do you mean by "falsely tie" to Bush? You mean to tell me that Bush didn't choose war and is therefore not responsible for both the successes and failures in Iraq? That somehow he is not responsible for actions that have put our civilians in harms way?

I think it is you who is on acid, my friend.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:33 AM   #42
Zephaus

The benefit to it is it shows the Iraqis that, unlike the other regimes in the Middle East, a republic actually holds people accountable for the crimes they commit. While you may not know it, the way we are handling these inquiries is actually having an impact...

I recommend:

Healing Iraq

http://bigpharaoh.blogspot.com/

http://messopotamian.blogspot.com/

Iraq the Model

Another Iraq the Model Post

http://hammorabi.blogspot.com/
Old 05-12-2004, 09:37 AM   #43
Trith

WTF do you mean by "falsely tie" to Bush? You mean to tell me that Bush didn't choose war and is therefore not responsible for both the successes and failures in Iraq? That somehow he is not responsible for actions that have put our civilians in harms way?
Stay on target here little buddy..we are talking about the prison photos..nothing else. Stop trying to insert other issues or you will derail your own arguments. Do you think Bush ordered the 7 soldiers personally, or ordered anyone else to perform those acts on the captives in Iraq?
Old 05-12-2004, 09:41 AM   #44
Iannyen

Also, I believe OJ is innocent, and have always felt that way
That doesn't make you not racist. It makes you retarded.
Iannyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:43 AM   #45
Lurikeen
Freaky

Stay on target here little buddy..we are talking about the prison photos..nothing else. Stop trying to insert other issues or you will derail your own arguments. Do you think Bush ordered the 7 soldiers personally, or ordered anyone else to perform those acts on the captives in Iraq?
What a load of BS. Liberals aren't saying that Bush is directly responsible for the handling of the prisoners as you imply. He is indirectly responsible in that he ordered a war of choice. It is called cause and effect. Plainly, if there was no war, then our soldiers wouldn't have been put in such a stressful situation.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:47 AM   #46
Trith

Liberals aren't saying that Bush is directly responsible for the handling of the prisoners as you imply. He is indirectly responsible in that he ordered a war of choice. It is called cause and effect. Plainly, if there was no war, then our soldiers wouldn't have been put in such a stressful situation
Which is implying that Bush is ultimately responsible for the prison incidents Lurikeen. In other words..either you are lying..or your party is lying about your underlying intentions here.

Again..you guys are using the whole issue of "It's raining again today...DAMN YOU BUSH FOR MAKING IT RAIN"...

what are you going to try and pin on him next...Kerry's shitty voting record?

Bush made John Kerry waffle on votes...DAMN YOU BUSH!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 09:52 AM   #47
Lurikeen
Freaky

Which is implying that Bush is ultimately responsible for the prison incidents Lurikeen. In other words..either you are lying..or your party is lying about your underlying intentions here.
You are jumping to conclusions you haven't supported. Where is the link between pointing out that Bush is ultimately responsible for what happens in Iraq with regard to the war (remember his choice to go to war?) and the Democrats lying?

You are really stretching.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:58 AM   #48
Vireil
Disturbing the force

Bush is President. He is responsible for what happens on his watch. Somewhere in his chain of command there are parties that need to be held accountable. He made his bed. Now he has to lay in it.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:02 AM   #49
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
These prisoners haven't experienced anything yet...wait until they get to Hell.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:07 AM   #50
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by IM
By the way, you idiots, I NEVER said racism was good either, my point is that racism EXISTS!! My whole goal was to get a "assanine reaction" from you so called "compassionate" people, and I succeeded. It just goes to show that YOU think you are superior /sarcasm on 'because I am not racist, I am better than you' /sarcasm off. I used the term 'rag head' in one of my previous posts for the sole purpose to watch you libs take that ball and run with it. I still can't stop laughing. I could have used "camel jockey", or some other slang term, but redundancy to prove a point gets tiresome.
Oh, I see- your infantile, racist, rage-filled posts earlier today were all part of your little sociology experiment to see how we'd react. Riiiiight Give me a fucking break guy- that's about as tired a message board excuse as "my little brother posted that under my account " You should have taken my advice to shut the fuck up- instead you choose to look like more of an ass than you already did. GG!

Originally Posted by IM
Oh, just for the record, I am one of the LEAST racist people posting here. You can ask the Native American, the African American, the Mexican American, the Jewish American, even the Texan, that I work with all day long, and they will back up my claim 100 percent.
Priceless! Is it cliche day? Did I miss the memo? You moved on to use the "I'm not a racist, I have black friends, I do!" excuse. I love it- IM you really are pure comedy gold!

Lastly, the real kicker!~
Originally Posted by IM
Also, I believe OJ is innocent, and have always felt that way. (another topic, but just to prove my point)
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I guess maybe that gives you "street cred" as a hip whiteboy in Colorado IM, but to me, and most any other reasonable human being, it shows what an ignorant troll you truly are. "OJ is innocent...that proves my point"....you're killing me over here