Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2004, 05:40 AM   #1
Caelie123

Default Senator sums it up

I'm so glad we have some Senators that know all to well just how these photos are being used for political motivation.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,119674,00.html
Old 05-12-2004, 05:48 AM   #2
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Some fucktard senator
"You know, they're not there for traffic violations," he said. "If they're in cell block 1A or 1B, these prisoners -- they're murderers, they're terrorists, they're insurgents. Many of them probably have American blood on their hands. And here we're so concerned about the treatment of those individuals."
What a fucking pile of shit this guy is. So because they're in jail it's ok to rape and psychologically abuse them? Jesus fucking Christ- and this is the sort of elected official you cons support. Way to go
Old 05-12-2004, 05:52 AM   #3
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Where did he say it was ok?
Old 05-12-2004, 06:01 AM   #4
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

It's implied Chuk.

"Many of them probably have American blood on their hands. And here we're so concerned about the treatment of those individuals."

He's upset that there is outrage about the treatment of these prisoners. If he isn't outraged then surely he must find the conduct of our soldiers at the bare minimum permissible.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:03 AM   #5
Felessan

I wouldnt say he was saying it was ok, Horma. I think he could have used some different verbage.

No two ways about it, the incidents in question are dispicable, but...the grandstanding and "outrage" is getting a bit sickening as well.

/shrug

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:17 AM   #6
Inmountains

Horma, go back to sucking your compassionate thumb. Those prisoners deserve every thing done to them and MORE. The only thing those rag heads understand is beheading, so lets start today in the public square. "When in Rome, do as the Roman's do!" "Kill or be killed!" "Survival of the fittest!"
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:21 AM   #7
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Inmountains
The only thing those rag heads understand is beheading
Do I even need to respond to you? What an ignorant cumdumpster you are.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:24 AM   #8
Felessan

Originally Posted by Inmountains
Horma, go back to sucking your compassionate thumb. Those prisoners deserve every thing done to them and MORE. The only thing those rag heads understand is beheading, so lets start today in the public square. "When in Rome, do as the Roman's do!" "Kill or be killed!" "Survival of the fittest!"
I disagree.

They were de facto POW's. They deserved a trial and punishment, sure. But this was uncalled for.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:24 AM   #9
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Then what was he saying Felessan? I don't think you have a lot of wiggle room here: clearly he doesn't think we should be outraged because they're just a bunch of criminals after all He may stop short of saying "And they deserved it too!" but that doesn't mean his intentions aren't clear as day.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:27 AM   #10
Inmountains

"Do I even need to respond to you? What an ignorant cumdumpster you are."

And this from the guy who calls "Cries of Insurrection" the "Guild of Love". I guess Hitler was the "Benevloent Dictator" and Pol Pot the Liberator and lover of his people.

Hey Horm, go back to your sheep and don't worry if they buck, you're so small, they will probably miss!
Old 05-12-2004, 06:31 AM   #11
Felessan

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Then what was he saying Felessan? I don't think you have a lot of wiggle room here: clearly he doesn't think we should be outraged because they're just a bunch of criminals after all He may stop short of saying "And they deserved it too!" but that doesn't mean his intentions aren't clear as day.
I think he was wrong in his tacit endorsement of their actions. He didnt come out and say so, but he implied that least they were lucky they weren't in Saddams prison system.

There should be a clear and definate line, across the board. The soldiers in question will be punished as deemed by a court of law. Let it be. Its over.

BTW, WTF do I need wiggle room for? They are criminals, and should be treated as criminals. I just dont think they should be brutalized. Imprisonment is enough.

This isnt my problem, these are my opinions.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:33 AM   #12
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

It's implied Chuk.

"Many of them probably have American blood on their hands. And here we're so concerned about the treatment of those individuals."
Hes implying these people are not innocent lambs , but nowhere does he say becuase they are not innocent lambs they deserve to be treated in that manner. That statement was also a heads up on who we are dealing with.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:48 AM   #13
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by IM
And this from the guy who calls "Cries of Insurrection" the "Guild of Love". I guess Hitler was the "Benevloent Dictator" and Pol Pot the Liberator and lover of his people.

Hey Horm, go back to your sheep and don't worry if they buck, you're so small, they will probably miss!
Inmountains- look at what you posted. Reread it over and over and over again. Then punch yourself in the face. Fucking racist.

Originally Posted by Felessan
They are criminals, and should be treated as criminals. I just dont think they should be brutalized. Imprisonment is enough.
I agree with this. I don't think the Senator does though.

Originally Posted by Chuk
Hes implying these people are not innocent lambs , but nowhere does he say becuase they are not innocent lambs they deserve to be treated in that manner.
He states that they are not innocent lambs- barring wrongful convictions, I would agree. He implies that because they are not innocent lambs we should not be outraged that they were so mistreated.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:09 AM   #14
bumbleroot

"You know, they're not there for traffic violations," he said. "If they're in cell block 1A or 1B, these prisoners -- they're murderers, they're terrorists, they're insurgents
Doesn't seem like he read the Red Cross report does it?
The Red Cross report mentions that there are numerous cases of wrongfully imprisoned and tortured Iraqis. Seems like Mr. (Not Senator- he isn't worthy of it) Inhoffe is out of line on this one.

Oh and for you conservatives that want to adopt this line of reasoning, it only is going to enflame the war on terror. It is not going to help anyone. You are losing your focus because of things like this. The object is to win. Period.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:19 AM   #15
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
He implies that because they are not innocent lambs we should not be outraged that they were so mistreated.
It could also mean that the level of outrage over this incident is ridiculous, to which I tend to agree. Yes, it is disgusting how those soldiers acted, but do we need to give it our full attention for so long? Let the military conduct its investigations and punish those responsible.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:29 AM   #16
Felessan

Originally Posted by Wildane
It could also mean that the level of outrage over this incident is ridiculous, to which I tend to agree. Yes, it is disgusting how those soldiers acted, but do we need to give it our full attention for so long? Let the military conduct its investigations and punish those responsible.
Ex-freaking-cactly!

Thanks Wild. Very well put.

Old 05-12-2004, 07:38 AM   #17
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Yes, by all means- handle it in a quiet military court and hush it all up.

Look- I understand what you are saying in a general sense. The media hype around this makes it seem as if we discovered that this is how all US military personnel are acting. I certainly don't think that that is the case. However, I don't think the pro-war faction here should expect this to go away so easily- if I'm not mistaken, raping prisoners is a war crime. In a controversial war like this you couldn't possibly think that in light of war crime allegations (or at least gross transgressions in the eye of US military law) would be treated like any old crime?
Old 05-12-2004, 07:42 AM   #18
Felessan

Nope but using it as a platform and as a political club for domestic politics is a bit over the top. It has been publicized, the wrongdoers identified, and the machine of justice set in motion.

I doubt any sane person feels they were justified. I just think it has reached the pinnacle of "newsworthyness", whatever that means, and it should just fade now. The next thing publicized should be the court when their punishment is announced.

Old 05-12-2004, 07:53 AM   #19
Inmountains

Horm, you make it sound like "racist" is a bad thing!?!?!? I will take it a step further, I think a religious belief who thinks it is BETTER/SUPERIOR is a bad thing!?!? Liberals think they are better than Republicans, and Republicans think they are better than Liberals!! Everyone has a "superior" attitude, only the naive and stupid say that they don't. I know I am better than you and you know you are better than me. Wow, that resolves a whole lot of issues, IDIOT!!!

Why is it if I use the term "nigger" it is a BAD thing, but if a black man calls another black man "nigger", it is ok??? Personally, I do NOT like that term, whether a white man or black man uses it. The MOST racist people I know are the so called "minorities" and Liberals!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 08:06 AM   #20
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I guess it's the shameless, oblivious hypocrisy of the right that's bothering me again. You (and I'm generalizing here of course) went all to pieces when you found out about Clinton getting head in the Oval Office and when he lied/misled you supported impeachment hearings despite it being a purely politically motivated action.

Then you want the left to just hush up about gross misconduct during a controversial war championed by the President? What world are you living on?
Old 05-12-2004, 08:08 AM   #21
bumbleroot

Nope but using it as a platform and as a political club for domestic politics is a bit over the top. It has been publicized,
The national politics are driven by the international politics on this one. Simply handling it with a military tribunal will not fix the results of it. There is not much that Bush can do to fix this internationally other than to step down and I think that is ridiculous. That being said, either we go forward and do our best to contain or we pull back and give up. Either way we still have to maintain allies before we become the terrorists.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:12 AM   #22
Felessan

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just hate the grandstanding. It is undignified.

For the most part they (generalizing) dont give a fuck about the prisoners except for how the incident itself will enable to further their agenda (politics).

Not trying to hush anyone. Just have "your" say and let it be, for christ's sake.

The guilty will be punished.

Way off topic, now...Clinton, I didnt care for him. As far as the BJ, more power to him. IMO, though, he should have just manned up and said yeah it happened. Big deal.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:13 AM   #23
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by IM
Horm, you make it sound like "racist" is a bad thing!?!?!? I will take it a step further, I think a religious belief who thinks it is BETTER/SUPERIOR is a bad thing!?!? Liberals think they are better than Republicans, and Republicans think they are better than Liberals!! Everyone has a "superior" attitude, only the naive and stupid say that they don't. I know I am better than you and you know you are better than me. Wow, that resolves a whole lot of issues, IDIOT!!!
The difference, tard, is I'm not calling for all Republicans to be wiped off the face of the planet, as you called for Islam to be wiped out. And hatred of another person based purely on their race is a bad thing. What fucking century are you living in?

Originally Posted by IM
Why is it if I use the term "nigger" it is a BAD thing, but if a black man calls another black man "nigger", it is ok??? Personally, I do NOT like that term, whether a white man or black man uses it. The MOST racist people I know are the so called "minorities" and Liberals!!!
So you don't like "nigger" but "rag head" seems to be ok with you based on your other postings today. Nice try douchebag. Here's a tip- you're embarrassing yourself. Do yourself a favor and just shut the fuck up before you cultivate anymore bad karma.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:15 AM   #24
Felessan

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
The national politics are driven by the international politics on this one. Simply handling it with a military tribunal will not fix the results of it. There is not much that Bush can do to fix this internationally other than to step down and I think that is ridiculous. That being said, either we go forward and do our best to contain or we pull back and give up. Either way we still have to maintain allies before we become the terrorists.
IMO, there no need to "handle it" internationally. They will be punished, that is all. Done deal.

I do agree we need to decide if we are at "war" and finish it. Or, just declare a victory at removing Saddam, send in a ton of Civilian Contractors/Military CE personnel fix the damage and move out. Either way will involve a much larger force than the one in place, atm.

Let them worry about their own country after that.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:22 AM   #25
cnjmorris

Yeah, cause if you were one of them you'd like a 3 second news brief to be the total coverage of your captors depravity.

The only thing those rag heads understand is beheading, so lets start today in the public square.
Now you need to clarify, do you mean those who actually wear head coverings or are you refering to a race?

Horm, you make it sound like "racist" is a bad thing!?!?!? I will take it a step further, I think a religious belief who thinks it is BETTER/SUPERIOR is a bad thing!?!?
Now I could have sworn you were 'religious', please correct me if I'm wrong. I suppose Jesus was white, right? No wonder He stood out so much, being the only white guy for miles.

By the way, He also thought His religion was BETTER/SUPERIOR , and that is a bad thing?

Catcen, Level 65 Beastlord.

Newbie for life.
cnjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote