Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2004, 07:43 PM   #26
Deadscale

Turn the kids away, send them off. Depending on the age of the children, younger will think it's just another Hollywood thing. Even if not, my parents would always explain to me should I have seen something explicit on the news or on television. If they see, educate them about it.

But yes, the children, I hope they never see something that horrid early in life.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:55 PM   #27
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
Deadscale, I hope you can appreciate the fact that children watch the news programs with their parents. Blurred photos of naked Iraqis is not even in the same ball park of watching, or viewing, blurred photos of a man being decapitated.
These guys can be reasoned with. We have to ask ourselves if the answers they want are the ones we are willing to provide. From my experience, Muslims aren't kicking down my front door and taking my loved ones off to a prison. You have to remember, George W. Bush chose to invade Iraq and our people on the ground there will now suffer because of his decision.
We aren't necessarily talking about homicidal maniacs that kill because they couldn't shoot their wad one evening when pleasantly masturbating over a Playboy!
The terrorists in question are fighting a holy war for a political agenda. Nick Berg wasn't murdered willy nilly, just out of some act of psychosis!

Z..
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:09 PM   #28
Lurikeen
Freaky

Hiya Zolmaz! Yes, I see your postings. I just wanted to validate you as a person.

Carry on.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:36 PM   #29
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Hiya Zolmaz! Yes, I see your postings. I just wanted to validate you as a person.

Carry on.
I don't understand the logic in this reply post.
And no, my ears are not pointy.

God Bless America
Zolmaz Zo'Boto (Once I was fat, and the world was my apple)
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:31 AM   #30
Fyrsong

If the Berg video was played on CNN in its entirety, I'd be stomping down there with a torch in hand and wouldn't leave until the building was lit. Period.

There's no purpose served in showing the public the atrocities committed, I don't care to what extent they are carried out. I don't need to see men degraded and have their dignity stripped away any more than I need to have someone's beheading shown on the public airwaves.

The reason these things are as a previous person said. So they could have their name attached to the story.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:37 AM   #31
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I agree- showing the Berg video over the airwaves would be irresponsible. I watched it, but really wish I hadn't since those images will be with me for a long time.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:48 AM   #32
Inmountains

I understand Horm, reality is NASTY beyond belief. The world is just not the sterile, happy place all Liberals aspire to!!!! It's full of hatred, violence, fraud, all sorts of evil things. In all '12 step programs', the first step is to admit what is reality, and then deal with it from there!!! And yes, I have TAUGHT 12 step programs!!! Never took one though!!!! (Just thought I would add that in there, since I know you Libs would jump all over that one. You probably still will, since you have no original or interesting ideas!)

The US Military has to deal with the reality of there still be BAD guys in the world!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:52 AM   #33
Vireil
Disturbing the force

There is a purpose in showing the public the images of the prison atrocities and the Berg murder video. We have a right to know exactly what is going on. Americans are desensitized to violence. Words describing the actions like these just don't cut it these days. We've got a serious 'need to see it to believe it' condition here. No one really cared about what was going on in that prison until the visuals were broadcast. Where was the outcry over Daniel Pearl's beheading? Nobody saw the video... it made the story less tangible, more ethereal and people reacted in much more mild fashion, almost shrugging it off.

We need to see what we're up against. Media outlets should broadcast these things, offer warnings and disclaimers about the nature of the content and instruct people to change the channel or *gasp* turn off the television for a minute or two while the footage is shown.
Vireil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:25 AM   #34
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

IM- can you and Zolmaz duel each other in game or something to determine who the biggest retard is? The past week or so of you trying to oust him from his position as "Most Ridiculous Person on SV" has been excrutiatingly painful.

Originally Posted by IM
The US Military has to deal with the reality of there still be BAD guys in the world!!
Yep, there sho' be
Old 05-15-2004, 04:55 PM   #35
Fawnii

I just got out of the navy. And i am one patriotic mother fucker.

These fucktards in Iraq should all be hung. Don't say oh bush this bush that. When 9-11 happened all you treehugging cock smokers were ready to slice Osama's throat yourselves. But now that people are dying, you can't handle the blood. Stop being bitches, you all know this needed to be done. Weather or not they were beaten...who gives a fuck? They torture americans, italians, canadiens, the brits, the list goes on and on. But we kcik the shit out of a few dudes and they get mad? FUCK THAT. I say burn the country to the ground and then steal their oil. I'm sick of paying 2.50 a gallon for gas.

To conclude,

I really wish all you fuckheads out there whining and crying about war is bad, blah blah this oww my pussy hurts that, i really hope yall served your country, otherwise STFU. Your opinion means shit. When you put your life on the line for the liberties you enjoy now, then you can say something. In the Navy i saw something civilians dont see. I saw me putting my life on the line, to grant some useless fucks whining about war enjoy freedom, liberty and a life of ease, while i had NONE of that. When your in the military you dont have freedom. You live FOR the military, not because of it. So when you say yea, for 4 years i gave to my country, then you can come post here about war not being the answer, until then i say all the fucks responsible for 9-11, and their families too should burn.
Old 05-15-2004, 04:56 PM   #36
Fawnii

wow, i feel a lot better after writing that. Like 15 pounds lighter.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:03 PM   #37
Lurikeen
Freaky

Fawnii, OBL = Iraq? Even Bush says there was no connection between 9/11 and Saddam. You know something that Bush doesn't know about 9/11 and Saddam?

BTW, most liberals I know still want to kill OBL. Just thought you should know.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:52 PM   #38
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Fawnii, I assume you suffered serious head trauma while serving our nation? I want to thank you for volunteering to protect our nation but ask that you leave the talking to people who know shit about shit, because you are one clueless motherfucker. You show about as much perspective about what being a patriot means as Zolmaz does. And the sad fact is you probably think that's a compliment.

Originally Posted by Fawnii
I saw me putting my life on the line, to grant some useless fucks whining about war enjoy freedom, liberty and a life of ease, while i had NONE of that. When your in the military you dont have freedom.
Bullfuckingshit. You signed up for that gig you pussy. Don't come whining here about not having freedom. Pompous self-righteous rim licker. And you can take your "I was in the military and therefore am superior" attitude and stuff it as far up your ass as possible- you'll need to move your head out of the way first I'd imagine though.

I'm glad your home/out of the service now though. Not because I give a rat's ass about your own personal safety, but because trigger happy shitbags like you are the ones that fuck it up and create problems for true professionals. I respect the men and women who serve with honor- I don't respect people like you.

Originally Posted by Fawnii
all the fucks responsible for 9-11, and their families too should burn.
Their families? Nice ethics.

Refreshing, isn't it? When reality reaches around and palpatates your colon
Old 05-15-2004, 08:14 PM   #39
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

You signed up for that gig you pussy.
Now that's funny. They signed up and they're a pussy. You never signed up, Horm, what's that make you? Those who can't do, teach. Those who don't do, judge.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:54 PM   #40
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Wildane
Now that's funny. They signed up and they're a pussy. You never signed up, Horm, what's that make you? Those who can't do, teach. Those who don't do, judge.
Are you military in Iraq now, Wildane? What's your rank and branch of the service?
Old 05-15-2004, 09:08 PM   #41
korast

think of the bright side... getting your head cut off though extremely graphic is one of the better ways to die. You arent in pain very long and blood leaves the head fast causing you too almost instantly black out. They could of done much worse to him, and I've seen that first hand.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:26 PM   #42
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Wildane
Ah, I see- so joining the military is the sole mark of a man? Being a soldier does not exlude one from being a pussy Wildane- hasn't this week taught you this? And not being a soldier certainly doesn't make one a pussy. Fawnii's a pussy for whining about lack of freedoms that he/she willingly signed up for.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:05 AM   #43
Felessan

13+ years of service:
Ex-USA E-5 (11B)
AD USAF E-6 (3P0X1)

Now that my credentials are out of the way...

Being in the military doesnt make you a man. That is something you learn later...

Horma is correct, it is not a measure of your manhood. The only thing hearing a shot fired at me ever did, was scare the shit out of me, and make me do things I wish I could forget about. Be cool, Bro.

Fawnii, tone down the rhetoric some, lol. Be proud you served but bad-mouthing others, for not, will not help you out, hehee. /salute

IMO, the greater measure of a man is...

Does he live up to his obligations?

Does he take care of the folks who depend on him?

Is he a good father?

Can he look himself in the mirror?

If you can say yes to these...IMO, you're well on your way.

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote