Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2004, 06:58 PM   #126
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Originally Posted by Lurikeen
I don't need to do that. You have accomplished that all on your own. You had advocated killing the women and children of villages (now you are back peddling on that) where you personally couldn't put the bullet to their heads.

I would say that makes you not only look cowardly, but also calloused to what our men and women in arms really go through.
You Lurikeen, are the Coward here. How dare you even try to dictate how
this war must be won. You Lurikeen, opposed to the draft, opposed to war,
opposed to death, opposed to our American President.

Who in the Fuck do you think you are? I know,
You lurikeen are a nobody. A Simpleton of nothing. Every day you see yourself
in a mirror and seeth with hate at how pathetic you are to humanity.

Even you Lurikeen, know you are worthless to society. and your hate has
taken over your life. How sad indeed.

Lurikeen,
It's ok to cry. Go ahead and cry. You have hated for so long. Hate Hate HAte!
Cry it out Lurikeen. You fucking pussy.



Z..
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:02 PM   #127
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Originally Posted by Lurikeen
Zaniel pwned Alauradana!
Are you still in Cool School Lurikeen?
Can I join your Cool school Lurikeen?


Proof of the ignorance from the left. They are cracking up.



Z..
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:15 PM   #128
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Zolmaz
opposed to death
I'm not opposed to death. There is yet one more life I wouldn't mind seeing lost.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:24 PM   #129
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Originally Posted by Lurikeen
I'm not opposed to death. There is yet one more life I wouldn't mind seeing lost.
Whose death would that be?
Luri the INTERNET TROLL?

ANSWER if you have any integrity left in you.



Z..
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:27 PM   #130
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Zolmaz Zo'Boto
ANSWER if you have any integrity left in you.
Barney the Purple Dinosaur, of course! Who did you think I was thinking of?
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:36 PM   #131
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
Ever been shot Bumble?
I have been shot at twice. Both when I was drunk and doing shit I should not have been doing. I had an uncle shot before and he almost died. By a off-duty drunk cop no less.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:41 PM   #132
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Originally Posted by Lurikeen
Barney the Purple Dinosaur, of course! Who did you think I was thinking of?
Figures you wouldn't know the answer to your own question.
Worthless liberal scum.



Z.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:42 PM   #133
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Originally Posted by bumbleroot
I have been shot at twice. Both when I was drunk and doing shit I should not have been doing. I had an uncle shot before and he almost died. By a off-duty drunk cop no less.
Tell us about your UFO encounter again.
I like your UFO story the bestest.





Z..
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:14 PM   #134
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
"We are a nation of pussy gun-fuckers who hide behind their guns in fear of unforeseen criminals jumping madly from behind a tree. We fantasize about the term "Go ahead, make my day" yet when it comes time to be involved in some real action we haven't got a clue what we really are getting ourselves into.
We are a nation of Napoleonic idiots.

If you are honest, ask yourself this question....
How many of us expected the enemies to be cutting off our heads and videotaping it?"

Bumble

No wonder you are so pissed off at Bush, he is the leader of a country you have no respect for.

I will answer your question ( though its been answered before in this thread). I expected to see heads being cut off. I havent forgot Daniel Pearl.
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:10 PM   #135
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,897
So I watched the video, out of some idea that it was something I should force myself to see. I have seen some pretty intense things in my time, but the last 60 seconds of that video is easily the most fucked up thing I've ever watched- even moreso, for whatever reason, then watching the planes hit WTC.

One blogger wrote what is a sad truth IMO: "I just don't think that the kind of brain-washed psychosis that would allow a human to do this to another human can be cured by a taste of freedom and democracy."

I'll give you cons this: after seeing the video, my gut base instinct was to want to carpet bomb. Thankfully that sort of blind rage passes quickly for me, but for anyone who posted here immediately after actually viewing the footage, I can't now blame you for your initial anger.

Sleep's going to be hard to come by tonight I fear.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:47 PM   #136
Deadscale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,140
I saw it almost an hour or so after Zolmaz's post saying that it was at site. Had to d/l the file twice, as much impact as it had seeing it, it could have had a longer lasting one should the video had been clearer and sound not muffled.

Instead of anger, I felt more...I dunno, I just sat their slouched in my chair thinking. I couldn't even see the headlines on yahoo or cnn, or pictures with Berg. Normally, I fall asleep at 9am-ish, I didn't fall asleep till 4pm-ish, after hours of trying to erase that thought from my head (and it totally didn't help that I was taking notes/reading on decapitations/sacrifices in ancient Peru...). Gladly, I heard from a friend whom I hadn't heard from in a few months, so that cheered me up some.
__________________
I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.
Deadscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:02 PM   #137
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
I wont watch something like that intentionally. Its sickening enough to know it happened.

Truthfully, I want to smack every American civilian who goes to Iraq and tell them no pay check is worth putting yourself in that kind of danger. I also want to smack the people in the Government who decided that contracting out jobs in a war zone is a good idea. Its not. Its stupid and reckless and irresponsible.

Contracting out work in warzones is not a recent developement, but its one that should have been stopped long ago.
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 04:12 AM   #138
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Chiteng, I only pull your chain when I have nothing better to do. This was not one of those times. I was clearly not referring to anything you posted in my post.
Originally Posted by bumbleroot
That all being said, the way to win this is to be brutal. We need to go into the terrorists homes and start kidnapping their wives and kids and killing them off one by one and force them to either defend their homes or turn themselves in.
No matter what we do, we will not strike fear in the hearts of terrorists. You kill their families, you strengthen their resolve. You cannot intimidate someone who is more than willing to die for their cause.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 04:39 AM   #139
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
No matter what we do, we will not strike fear in the hearts of terrorists.
Its not about striking fear into their hearts. Its about shifting their focus off of us onto their families. We need to have them on the defensive. That is a prime tactical rule of battle. And this is a battle which we are not fighting right.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 04:54 AM   #140
Chiteng
Supporter
 
Chiteng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,240
That is not quite true. The Romans and the British both have proven quite clearly, that if you are just as ruthless as the enemy, you CAN win.
__________________
It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:20 AM   #141
Inmountains
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,501
I agree with Trith on the first page. It's been a full day now since I read the news, we need more troops in Iraq, but a different goal, annihilate the bad guys. Time to stop 'walking on egg shells' in Iraq and let war be war. We started this thing, THIS TIME, now we need to finish it.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:59 AM   #142
Alauradana
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,460
You had advocated killing the women and children of villages (now you are back peddling on that) where you personally couldn't put the bullet to their heads. Quote Lurikeen

Ok Lurikeen, prove to the board that you have some knowledge, post here where I said that. I didn't and you won't be able to back it up. I am not back peddaling on anything, how can I back pedal something I haven't said? How clueless are you? You do this on every thread. You take what someone says, read useless crap into and then accuse them of all sorts. I never said that and you know it. Go play with little kindergarteners--they are probably the only group that would believe your nonsense. I explained myself CFC--not once did I say what you claim I did, not once did I even imply it. Thank god you weren't around during the revolution, WWI and WWII. We would have lost why you tried talking to everyone with your convoluted nonsense.

I wasn't "pwned" by Zaniel, we do have accurate missiles that can take out a specific building, I have witnessed it on military videos, hell they even plaster it on tv. Zaniel apparently doesn't have knowledge of this so how can he "pwned" me with inaccurate, dimwitted knowledge? He even made himself look like an idiot--the minute he starts posting stuff that isn't true. Here you go so you don't start screaming about the facts:

"American forces put a remarkable 97% of ordinance dropped on target"

http://www.georgetown.edu/sfs/progra...03/mok_pgm.htm

That is accurate enough for war, remember we are not over there for a social tea party. The press only harps on about the few that fail, they don't tell about the ones that hit they targets successfully. I stand by what I have said, in Fallujah they used missiles to target the buildings they knew insurgents were in. That is not running around shooting women and children in the head as you keep trying to miscontrue. The only reason I feel you resort to these childish tactics is because you don't have a logical argument to go against someone so you try accusing them of things that aren't so. Grow up Lurikeen, you also need some new meds, apparently your new ones have worn off already.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 07:14 AM   #143
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Alauradana
Ok Lurikeen, prove to the board that you have some knowledge, post here where I said that. I didn't and you won't be able to back it up.
OK, ready?

Originally Posted by Alauradana
If we go in and take out a village for one beheading, those guys will think twice before they try it again. If they do, another village. If we do not win this war, then you may as well pull out your prayer rug and start praying to Allah--because that is where this country is headed. What do you think this is about? Whether you want to agree that terrorists were in Iraq or not, they are now and that is what we need to deal with.
I don't think you were advocating "taking a village out" for a hot meal and drinks, right? By "take out a village" you did mean destroy the village, and since you didn't qualify "village" with "man village" or "village of men only", or "evacuate women and children from village, then destroy it", a good assumption is that you did mean, kill everyone in the village including women and children. Wouldn't that be the natural meaning of your statement, given it's context?

Now is the time you respond with a "I didn't mean that" or some other nonsense.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 07:54 AM   #144
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,897
Lurikeen>>>Alauradana

That's all I got...
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:41 AM   #145
Vespay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Arizona
Posts: 330
Doesnt matter if they are Al Queda or not, the point is if we dont stay can you imagine what they will do to the populace without US troops there ? Think there will be any chance of having free elections ? Think there will be any chance of it getting better there ? I dont.
Think that even if we stay in their country, getting more and more troops killed every day, and keep pushing for them to sign some sort of peace treaty that things would get better? I don't.

I've about had enough of their bullshit. It's time to take some sort of serious action. America needs to stop playing Mr. Nice Guy and blow a goddamned crater in that side of the world already. If our "alliance" that involves other countries don't like our decisions, then too bad. Because after those people are done with us, what makes anyone think they won't go after France, Russia, etc etc .. anyone we're allianced with?
__________________
Vespay Twilightkicker
I only troll the boards every other night.
Vespay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:44 AM   #146
Chiteng
Supporter
 
Chiteng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,240
Welcome to the Chiteng Bandwagon. Sadly however, we still have a wishy-washy Prez.
__________________
It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:02 AM   #147
Vulpes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Big Wonderful Wyoming
Posts: 140
I wont watch something like that intentionally. Its sickening enough to know it happened.
Kiebler, you are one of the few on this board who usually says what they mean, with minimal bashing, and I respect that. I also respectfully ask that you reconsider not watching the video. I think every single American, in every walk of life or political affiliation should watch it.

No matter what we do, we will not strike fear in the hearts of terrorists. You kill their families, you strengthen their resolve. You cannot intimidate someone who is more than willing to die for their cause.
That is 100% correct Wild, you don't intimidate them, you kill them. Eventually either 1)their cause dies to lack of followers OR 2)they win
Not many other choices.

This is what we are up against folks. People of the US, and all countries need to understand this, and do it fast. Like it or not, pacifist or not, you will be next, it's these animals only goal.

Vulpes
Vulpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:16 AM   #148
Vulpes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Big Wonderful Wyoming
Posts: 140
Bah forgot you Horma.

I'll give you cons this
Therein lies our biggest problem. This is not a war of libs vs. cons, or black vs. white, or gay vs. straight or anything like that. It really is a war of survival.

These abherrations of 'human kind' must be wiped from the face of the earth. There should be no compromise, no truce, no political gains or losses. Either they will continue to destroy human advancement and cultural advancement, or they will be destroyed. There is no middle ground, no neutrality.

I used to be pro-Bush just because I believe in many of the things he says he believes in. Now, I'm pro-Bush because somehow, somewhere deep inside, he truly understands what is at stake. He doesn't seem to care enough about political gains/losses over his actions, he is doing what seems right.

This wasn't meant to be a 'religion' tirade or anything. At this moment, I can't really even explain it, I just 'feel' very strongly that we must back him.
I'm not really sure he ever wanted to 'win' in Iraq, ie give them government. I am wondering now if he didn't want the war to drag on, to get those terrorists, would-be terrorists, and possible terrorists to come out. Yes, it's at great cost, both dollar wise and human life, but think, watch the video again and think, what is the cost of losing?

I also would love to live in a Utopian society as many of you seem to think about. At this time in mankind's evolution, it is not possible. Far in the future, maybe, but now, at this moment in time, violence is still the tool to ensure survival, period.

I know I seem to be spouting forth apocalyptic visions of doom, but I think now I am starting to see the 'bigger picture'. It's not about political boundaries, or WMD, or Islam. It really is about cleaning a cancer from the body of mankind before it grows too large and destroys us.

Vulpes
Vulpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:42 AM   #149
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,897
What is the cancer though Vulpes?

If you say "actively militant Islamist terrorists" then I agree they need to be dealt with. If you say, as Inmountains has said, the religion of Islam and its practitioners, then I will fight your genocide tooth and nail.

I've become more and more of an isolationist as this conflict has dragged on and on. Let that area of the world rot for all I care. Honestly, what's to be gained out of this conflict? What can we win? I don't see a feasible goal in mind.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:13 AM   #150
Thodwyn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Norrath
Posts: 653
Re: fanaticism, I'm afraid I must agree. We're not going to scare them, no matter what we do.

Look, sorry to bring up another social issue, but the parallel fits.

Capital punishment is not justice. Not in the slightest. You cannot bring back the dead, you cannot be certain to give measure for measure of pain to the killer for what they took from you. There is nothing morally correct about killing another human being for the crime of having killed. Not in my opinion.

You kill them to keep them from doing it again, because you cannot be certain that they would not do it again given half the chance. And because, for whatever reason, you cannot isolate them any other way (let's not talk about prison overcrowding, shall we? or the appeals process or any of that shit). Make no mistake, the bottom-line usefulness of capital punishment is that is a pre-emptive strike to prevent a repeat offense. The rest of it, in my opinion, is poor reason to execute someone.

So, in the case of a fanatic extremist terrorist who is completely devoted to their cause and will not change.....

Yeah, you kill them. Not because it's "right". But because it's the only way to make them stop. You do it because you have to, to protect yourself, your family, your countrymen, your global community.

No, not because it will win us glory in heaven, or because we are the Chosen, or any of that subjective stuff. But because they are sworn and committed to our death and destruction, and will pursue that aim to every end; and the only way to make ourselves safe is to kill them.

That's the whole stomach for violence that I mentioned earlier. It's easy to kill in a fit of rage and claim temporary insanity afterward. We claim lots of excuses for the stupid shit we do here in the U.S. It's another thing altogether to soberly accept responsibility for taking another human's life, driven by a sense of real need and commitment.




Regarding the fight-fire-with-fire argument.....

No, bombing villages is poor solution to this, in my opinion. Our hand must be heavy, certainly, but not indiscriminate.

I personally am in favour of every Al-Qaeda suspect being arrested, tried (with expediency and decisiveness), and if convicted, executed by firing squad soberly, honourably, and with the level of dignity which befits a "civilized" society. None of this crowds cheering at the gates mob bullshit.

You don't fight a snuff film beheading with the same animal glee, not if you want to keep your head and maintain your belief in being "civilized" (good question, are we "civilized"?). Be bigger than that.

It's a matter of the message it sends.

Bombing villages is like saying "You made me mad, I'm gonna fuck you up."

Executing war criminals is like saying "Don't do this. It won't further your goal."

Bombing a village to extract a harboured war criminal is collateral damage.
Bombing a village to make their people afraid is terrorism.

The fine line between those points does not seem all that unclear to me.
Thodwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.