Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2004, 05:50 PM   #51
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Alauradana,
The Democrats have become very timid when it comes to threats
from overseas. They must honestly believe that the ocean will
separate us from them. And 9/11 was a fluke we deserved for electing
a Republican to office. They are very confused as to why
they have lost power. Or even why 9/11 happened.

In fact the Liberals were pissed off that 9/11 didn't happen on their
"holier then thou" Clintons watch, because it would have bolstered their voting base.
They were 8-years behind the times then, and even more now. Do they give a shit
when Americans die? See for yourself on just this board.

Now if you really want to be shocked about the liberal way of thinking.
Do "I" have a Board for you. http://www.democraticunderground.com

Prepare yourself to either be Mad, Shocked, Discusted, or Humored.
That site is the real deal about Liberals. In fact I'll bet Luri and her cohorts
get much of their talking points from there.

Here's a line from their rulebook,
We ban conservative disruptors who are opposed to the broad goals
of this website. If you think overall that George W. Bush is doing a swell job,
or if you wish to see Republicans win, or if you are generally supportive of
conservative ideals, please do not register to post, as you will likely be banned.
You think liberal Democrats are fair and balanced?

Partisan politics in it's purest form.

Have a Wonderful and Happy day

God Bless America
Zolmaz Zo'Boto (Work is a staple in live, either do it or suffer)
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 06:09 PM   #52
Lurikeen
Freaky

A better site to get liberal talking points is at the Smirking Chimp.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:25 PM   #53
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
A better site to get liberal talking points is at the Smirking Chimp.
5$ to register is all they ask? You actually paid 5-bucks to read that rag?

Show me one Republican forum you must to pay to read.
There goes your allowance.
Message boards are temporarily available only to registered users.
God Bless America
Zolmaz Zo'Boto (The most patriotic American in the history of)
Old 05-11-2004, 06:36 PM   #54
Lurikeen
Freaky

Ummm... Zolmaz it is free to join and post. The $5 bucks is probably a suggested donation. I have been on that board for several months and haven't read such a requirement to participate.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:49 PM   #55
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Ummm... Zolmaz it is free to join and post. The $5 bucks is probably a suggested donation. I have been on that board for several months and haven't read such a requirement to participate.
Interesting. Very interesting. So did you give them 5-bucks?

Z..
Old 05-11-2004, 06:53 PM   #56
Lurikeen
Freaky

No, I didn't give them any cash.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:29 PM   #57
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
Partisan politics in it's purest form.
Oh my God, say it isn't so!!!

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 07:50 PM   #58
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Yes, imagine the nerve on those guys daring to run a privately owned web community however the fuck they want

I assume you have similar problems with Ogmuk making rules on these boards Zolmaz?
Old 05-11-2004, 08:19 PM   #59
Sandain

Why be concerned about the UN enforced Geneva convention, when you violated the UN and went to war anyway?

This was never meant to be a war against terrorism, it was because Saddam would not hand over weapons of mass destruction. He lied and kept saying he didn't have any.

Because you couldn't find any WoMD the emphasis shifted to 'Saddam is a bad man' and we must remove him from power. Then it shifted to a war on terrorism to trade on the 9/11 disaster.

If you want to go for War, then just say it and dont keep changing your reasons. And if you goto War remember what the sole purpose of War is - to remove your opponents ability to pose a threat in any way shape or form. Remove thier ability to wage war on you.

They shot one of my countrymen yesterday, he was a civilian contractor.

Bastards.

Egat - "I have to agree with Hormadrune"
Sandain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:22 PM   #60
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
I assume you have similar problems with Ogmuk making rules on these boards Zolmaz?
What problems? Are you associating your personal posts with Ogmuk?
Does Bringing up "Ogmuk" make you look somehow superior to everyone else?

Do you win because you bring up his name?
No. Sadly, the answer is No.

Eventhough I don't feel your shame Hormadrune, I have the ability to laugh
at it. HAAHahahaaAAAAhahaha/burp/AAahahhaa*breathe* BAAAhahahaaaahaha

God Bless America
Zolmaz.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:57 PM   #61
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Both the prisoner torture and the beheading are reprehensible, period.

I doubt that this was solely for payback purposes, as they had plenty of reason to hate/attack us before those pictures became public. I guess it makes them look justified to the international community, though.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:04 PM   #62
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Brgiid
I guess it makes them look justified to the international community, though.
I honestly don't see how you can reasonably support such a position. I think the international community is likely to view the beheading just as immoral as we Americans do. When will some of you (mostly cons) stop these gross, false, generalizations?
Old 05-11-2004, 09:34 PM   #63
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
I honestly don't see how you can reasonably support such a position. I think the international community is likely to view the beheading just as immoral as we Americans do. When will some of you (mostly cons) stop these gross, false, generalizations?
I said "I guess". It was a flippant, passing thought. It wasn't a statement of fact or even definite opinion. If I'd wanted to claim it as fact, I'd have said so quite clearly. I made no gross, false generalization. I proposed it as a possibility and nothing more.

I'll ignore your statement about making generalizations, given your apparent inability to contextualize and interpret sarcasm.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:08 AM   #64
VenomsLust

Send a message via Yahoo to VenomsLust
Default thoughts I had while reading some of the posts

Why does everything have to come down to... Democrats vs. Republicans or... Conservatives vs. Liberals?
Why do all these people take sides with them?
Why do people argue the point of a Dem/Rep/Lib/Con just for the fact of what label they fall under?
Why do we call ourselves Americans, yet we battle each other over these titles?
Why does this all look more like a gang mentality than a political stance?

What are the true, factual differences between Dems and Reps... or Cons and Libs?
What is your prospective reason for being a Dem/Rep/Con/Lib?
What differences do you have from the rest of your respectively labeled people?
What do you think it is to be an American, under one flag?
What's the difference between being a Blood/Crip/<insert whatever gang> to being an adamant Dem/Rep/Con/Lib?... and what are the similarities?
Old 05-12-2004, 12:24 AM   #65
VenomsLust

Send a message via Yahoo to VenomsLust
...oh, but for the original post...
I think we should start executing 10 of them for everyone of ours that they kill.

They had very little sympathy from me to begin with and it's been decreasing rapidly.

They don't fear us, they fear some violent god they dreamed for political power. Let's put the "fear of god" into them and lay down some carpet-bombs the next time they execute one of our guys.

As for the poor guy that was executed... he was there to help THEM rebuild what was destroyed. Still they brutally killed him.

They don't want our help? Fine, fuck 'em, we can pull out and let them kill eachother over who gets into office. We don't like who they pick, carpet-bomings incoming!

They want to execute some of the Foriegners? Fine, fuck 'em, carpet-bomings comin' 'round... who's next?

We got into this with a mean, bull-dog look... so to speak.
Now we look like a bunch of ass-kissing pansies who they have no fear of... Their most powerful weapon against us is the UN... cause they know if we "act up", we're on a leash... so they can get away with pissing us off, cause there isn't shit we're willing to do about it.

(btw, I'm normally not a hostile person...)
Old 05-12-2004, 01:20 AM   #66
ShardmoonVer.1

The guy that got his head whacked off was a war profiteer. He went to Iraq to suck up some government contracts and make the big, easy money. That being said, he was our war profiteer and he didnt deserve to die like that.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:40 AM   #67
crimsonedge

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
Kerry did not vote to go to war by ourselves. He voted to go to war with international support. Being that every other president sought that type of course he felt it would be similar, but alas W. Happens.
Powell was the lone voice speaking cautiously against going to war in the administration. At least in the upper administration.
So he wrote next to his Yes vote...but only if you get more support...? He did not, and he never said that at the time, he is only saying that after the fact. And the second line is full of shit because Bush clearly said he would go with or without UN support. You are pretty gullible Bumble.
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 03:46 AM   #68
bumbleroot

as they had plenty of reason to hate/attack us before those pictures became public. I guess it makes them look justified to the international community, though.
And how do you think the international community looks at us for attacking a sovereign nation?

I told you guys how to defeat the terrorists. What we are doing is only emboldening them. The object is to win the war, not satiate the blood thirst. We all know you can win every battle and lose the war. Likewise you can lose every battle and win the war. That is pretty much how America won the Revolutionary war. It was all about tenacity and public opinion. Winning wars has everything to do with controlling that opinion and not about military victory. A good military victory can go a long way in controlling the opinion though. But that is its only merit unless it is complete annihalation.
That all being said, the way to win this is to be brutal. We need to go into the terrorists homes and start kidnapping their wives and kids and killing them off one by one and force them to either defend their homes or turn themselves in. We need THEM on the defensive. The only other thing we need is to have FULL international support of all governments to achieve this. Unfortunately we can never get that now. Hence we have lost this war on terror already. And its only three years. Terrorism is not a state problem. The beheaders in this case don't answer to any governments. Attacking any state is the wrong direction since all it will do is create more terrorists. This whole war was a mistake and now its becoming obvious.
We are what I like to call "The Bull in a bullfight". We make the charges, we are the aggressor. We are always the stronger one. However, because we attack we slowly get defeated. If you know anything about Football the analogy is true with a zone defense. If you move out of your zone because of you are stronger, faster and more aggressive and even if you catch someone, somebody is going to exploit you. That is the catch-22 of this whole thing. The more aggressive actions we take, the further we are going to lose. This war on terror is not a conventional war. It never has been. They are not amassing armies to fight us. There are insurgents but those are not terrorists. Those are militias that are defending their homeland. The terrorists act as small cells. They are akin to the Mafia. If you believe we could have stopped organized crime with our military than you need to continue fighting this war. If you believe that we could stop organized crime on a more sub-military level, than we are fighting the wrong war.
Attacking Iraq may have seemed like the right "Feelgood" thing to do, but that doesn't mean that it is the right thing to do. The object is to win the war, not flex military strength or win a couple of battles. It doesn't matter how you win the war as long as it is won. This was lost on Bush so he can flex military muscle (remember the aircraft carrier?) We are going to continue trying to fight it this way because Bush doesn't realize that the object is to win the war, not the battles. It is going to bankrupt our country and demoralize it at least or beyond the level of Vietnam. For Christ's Sake we have only lost about 800 soldiers in a years time and look at how the country perceives this already. That is hardly close to the amount of Vietnam. However, the way and the methods the terrorists have used to help us lose them has driven our country's sentiment against this war. They will continue. Other nations have and will pull out. This was going to happen regardless because of the manner in which we went in. It has also driven terrorists' sentiment towards this war. They have the upper hand and we do not.

Last edited by bumbleroot; 05-12-2004 at 03:54 AM.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 03:54 AM   #69
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Then it shifted to a war on terrorism to trade on the 9/11 disaster.
Not say that the war in Iraq hasn't had more than one motive, but the war on terror predates our invasion of Iraq.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:15 AM   #70
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

IF Al Qaeda is following the US around to different global regions to take potshots at us, how is executing Iraqi citizens related to possible insurgents going to make them stop?

Im very pissed off at this incident and want to see those bastards fry, but killing people not involved with the incident 'just becuase' is not only an outrage, its just dumb. Killing them wont stop Al Qaeda, in fact, these atrocities are the type of thing that would just increase their membership.

Hey Bumbler, how would your hero John Kerry feel if he knew you were saying

That all being said, the way to win this is to be brutal. We need to go into the terrorists homes and start kidnapping their wives and kids and killing them off one by one and force them to either defend their homes or turn themselves in.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:42 AM   #71
bumbleroot

how is executing Iraqi citizens related to possible insurgents going to make them stop?
Can you show me where I said to go after Iraqis? I didn't. Perhaps when you can get that idea out of your head you may be able to think more clearly. I said go after terrorists. They are not hard to find. We work with their country's government to find out which 18-30 year old men are in absentia for a month or two at a time without formal work records. If they don't either get home or provide steady work details, then we go after their families.
Chuk, the insurgents aren't the terrorists. They are protectionists. Their homeland has been invaded. That is a new type of fighter we have created and unfortunately we can not win in Iraq now. It is impossible.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:48 AM   #72
Aamrie

I truly really want to post how I feel how the photos and all but not in the mood to get ripped apart for it.
That being said, I will say this.
It is one thing to take a picture of a PoW in one situation, it is totally something else when you behead someone.

Last time I checked our nukes are bigger than theirs and if we truly wanted to end this joke of a war we could.

Jack Thompson: Yes, put down the controller and get a life. Video gaming is an escapist activity and youíre being exploited by these companies. Itís not healthy; I worry about someone who would play Grand Theft Auto for ten hours a day. Itís a masturbatory activity, and it would be better if people put down the controller and went outside.
Aamrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 05:01 AM   #73
Wildane

I said go after terrorists.
No, you said go after the wives and children of terrorists. Now, if our war is doing nothing but creating more terrorists, how exactly is hitting them closer to home going to do anything but strengthen their determination to kill us? That makes no sense.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-12-2004, 05:03 AM   #74
Wildane

It is one thing to take a picture of a PoW in one situation, it is totally something else when you behead someone.
Actually, it's one thing to take a picture of a PoW in one situation, but it's totally different to PUT them in that situation and then photograph it. There is no justification for what the cowardly Al Qaeda has done, but we aren't exactly sparkling clean.

Old 05-12-2004, 05:11 AM   #75
Aamrie

Originally Posted by Wildane
Actually, it's one thing to take a picture of a PoW in one situation, but it's totally different to PUT them in that situation and then photograph it. There is no justification for what the cowardly Al Qaeda has done, but we aren't exactly sparkling clean.

very true..but I would have rather those people taken pictures of that man than behead him.

Jack Thompson: Yes, put down the controller and get a life. Video gaming is an escapist activity and youíre being exploited by these companies. Itís not healthy; I worry about someone who would play Grand Theft Auto for ten hours a day. Itís a masturbatory activity, and it would be better if people put down the controller and went outside.
Aamrie is offline   Reply With Quote