Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2004, 09:32 PM   #1
Ramesses Elliscer

Send a message via Yahoo to Ramesses Elliscer
Default Thank you

Thank you fellow Americans, gestures like this make me proud of serving you. Even though I have my doubts here and there, thigs like this washes them away. It brought tears to my eyes and I can't wait to be back home.

http://www.armedforcestribute.com/

I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity.
General Dwight D. Eisenhower
Ramesses Elliscer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:33 PM   #2
Lurikeen
Freaky

Damn! I wish all those who are in Iraq weren't there! I want all our troops home now, and safe.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:43 PM   #3
Lurikeen
Freaky

Ramesses, we are in Iraq fighting a war for people not even willing to uprise for their own independance. Why do you think we are there?

Why is a single American life worth that of an Iraqi who is not willing to liberate themselves?
Old 05-07-2004, 10:55 PM   #4
Ramesses Elliscer

Send a message via Yahoo to Ramesses Elliscer
Lurikeen:

I asked myself that same question almost every day, a few weeks ago I had a really really hard time. I was down about everything, I was filled with hate for the people that sent us here and for the people here, that instead of helping us to help them are killing us in the most cowardly way possible. All of this was brought on by the death of a few of my brothers, mortared in the night as they slept.

I still wrestle with the reason to come here, but I have come to terms that we are here to do a job now, and regardless of what happens it ultimately falls on us to do the right thing and try to make this a better country for the Iraqis to live in, I know a few bad apples are making it almost impossible but I do have faith that we will accomplish our mission... otherwise my brothers deaths will be in vain.

and a happy mothers day for the all the mothers out there, a day early but I will not be able to post tomorrow.

I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity.
General Dwight D. Eisenhower
Ramesses Elliscer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:12 PM   #5
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Ramesses
I have come to terms that we are here to do a job now, and regardless of what happens it ultimately falls on us to do the right thing and try to make this a better country for the Iraqis to live in
First of all, please do wish your mother well. Your being alive should be a gift enough this mother's day. Also, I want to wish you well and I truly hope that you return to your loved ones alive. I want to thank you for your service. I am sure you are doing a fine job.

I also want to express my deep regret that you are in Iraq at all. I fully believe that George Bush made the largest mistake this country has ever seen in choosing to start a war with Iraq.

However, you are there now and you have my prayers regardless of my political thoughts.

Please post your email address hear so we can send you emails. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:50 PM   #6
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
My name is Justin. I live in Shreveport Louisiana. Thank you for your sacrifice. Thank you for doing your duty to your country as outlined by your oath. I am but one, but I am thankful for your bravery and your sense of duty.
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote