Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2004, 09:35 AM   #26
Gerick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 359
cutting yourself up shouldnt be a valid sentance, that is what i ment.

i dont support this brainless wonder
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:51 AM   #27
cnjmorris
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 925
It isn't a sentence. He can choose.

Basically the judge is saying 'you get 30 days' and the guy deserves it. Then the judge says... 'if you want to prove to me that you want to solve the source of this problem then you can get on the chopping block.'

Someone else will correct me on this (and probably laugh) but is that called a 'commuted sentence' or something like that?
__________________

Catcen, Level 65 Beastlord.

Newbie for life.
cnjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:04 AM   #28
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Maybe someone can tell me how 30-days in jail helps any situation
where child support is concerned. Should the man lose his job
over not being able to pay a support payment set by a judge?

And on losing his job the debts will continue to rise. So where does it
end? When he's at 20k behind how much time then, 60 days 100 days?
And after that, what? Put the man in jail and he will never be able to pay.
After 6 more years he'll be at over 100k. What then, life in prison?

They call it debtors prison. Most people I know owe more then that
to their CC companies.



God Bless America
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:16 AM   #29
Maceblade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 79
Send a message via Yahoo to Maceblade
What a scum bag you would have to be to have 12 kids and not think of getting sterilization.... 4 kids for 3 mothers wtf are the mothers thinking? they gotta think something is weird..... "fucked up moms, fucked up dads, fucked up cops with a fucked up badge" limp bizkit
Maceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:19 AM   #30
cnjmorris
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 925
People who steal to pay bills shouldn't be put in jail, because then it will be even harder to get jobs and they will have to steal more.

Logical? No.

How do you propose making them pay? Oh well, you tried, that is what mattered. Cause that feeds babies.
__________________

Catcen, Level 65 Beastlord.

Newbie for life.
cnjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:42 AM   #31
Inmountains
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,501
CNJMORRIS STATES: "Does your girlfriend know you feel this way about her? "

The ONLY thing I stated was how much child support and alimony she gets each month. What "feeling" word did I use in the statement, "My current girlfriend gets nearly as much in alimony and child support as I take home each month." Wow you Liberals are STUPID!! The ONLY point I was making is that some single mothers do get decent support, there is nothing wrong with that.

The stupidity of you liberals never ceases to amaze me. You read into things that are not even there, you make up stories to fit your viewpoint, and you spin/twist the truth!!!

But to answer your question, my girlfriend and I talk a lot about how much money she makes and how much she receives, which is around $80,000 a year. Not bad for a "struggling" single mom!!!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:43 AM   #32
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by Zolmaz, King of Misogyny
Most people I know owe more then that to their CC companies.
The difference being that the CC companies aren't trying to feed children on that money.

When you go to bat for deadbeat dads Zolmaz, don't expect a lot of support. And what do you propose as a solution to deadbeat parents?
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:46 AM   #33
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Inmountains
Wow you Liberals are STUPID!!
...and you spin/twist the truth!!!
Not bad for a "struggling" single mom!!!!
Does "!!!!" mean something more than "!"? Just wondering.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:48 AM   #34
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Originally Posted by cnjmorris
People who steal to pay bills shouldn't be put in jail, because then it will be even harder to get jobs and they will have to steal more.
So having children is illegal, And punishable? You actually think having children
falls into the same ranks as stealing? Holy crap.

Nice logic there cj.



God Bless America
Zolmaz
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:55 AM   #35
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
The difference being that the CC companies aren't trying to feed children on that money.
Maybe the parents using them are.

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
When you go to bat for deadbeat dads Zolmaz, don't expect a lot of support.
And what do you propose as a solution to deadbeat parents?
I'm discussing the court system, not supporting dead beat dads, horm.
There are alternatives to jail and sterlization.



God Bless America
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:58 AM   #36
Caoilfhionn
Erotic, exotic & a little psychotic
 
Caoilfhionn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sweet home......
Posts: 686
Send a message via ICQ to Caoilfhionn Send a message via MSN to Caoilfhionn
Not every woman is a baby farm for money from the government.

I have 2 children. Child support was set at a whopping $50/month back in 1989...and you know what? He now owes me $7000. Do the math. That means over a 14 year period, he's paid about $1400 of total child support.

I could have taken him back to court and had it raised, but why? He doesn't pay what he owes now, and it's only $50 a month.

Yes, I'm living high on the hog on that $50 that I don't get.

I raised them both, alone. They consider their father to be my ex-husband (who is not their biological father.)

I worked to support them, I didn't get state aid or anything else, and I also had my tubes tied after the birth of my daughter.

So just because Spaz and IM had bad experiences with women does not make all women "baby farms".

Additionally, there are many fine men who regularly take on caring for others children, or always take care of their own.

Generalizations are bad, mmmkay?

And no, I don't see a problem with giving someone a choice to get a vasectomy.
Caoilfhionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:06 AM   #37
Caelie123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,027
Originally Posted by Zolmaz
Should the man lose his job
over not being able to pay a support payment set by a judge?
A responsible man will do whatever he needs to do in order to pay his child support.

Most reasonable women don't turn in their ex because he lost his job and can't pay for a few months. If child support is set up in the beginning to be paid thru the courts there is a reason. I don't know about how it works in every state, but in Georgia the judge grants a couple a divorce and the child support amount is in the divorce decree set up by the couple and their lawyer(s). If the women knows up front he is going to be a deadbeat dad she can have it in her divorce decree that the payments are to be paid thru the courts. Most of the time the man just pays the women each week or month without it being set up to be paid thru the court.

Inmountains, once again it might be a State thing, but in Georgia the wife doesn't get alimony if she's working or capable of working. If she has never worked and is capable of working, the man may be required to pay alimony for 6 months giving the woman time to find a job.
__________________
Caelie
65 Human Cleric
Caelie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:12 AM   #38
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Caelie,
What I meant to say was the full amount set by the judge.
My bad.


Z..
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:31 AM   #39
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by Zolmaz
There are alternatives to jail and sterlization.
Like what Zolmaz? Take the next step and propose a solution.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:32 AM   #40
Caelie123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,027
Amen Caoilfhionn. My divorce back in 1980 awarded me 60.00 a week for 2 kids, which he never paid. I divorced him because he had no ambition, so I never really expected the money. I coulnd't see throwing him in jail because he couldn't pay. My ex did get the kids every other weekend and sometimes during the week. He was a good man and good with the boys, he just had no ambition.

Some women say "if you can't pay, you're not going to see your kids". I never felt like that. Money or not, it was a break for me every other weekend and I wasn't going to cut my nose off to spite my face. There were times he picked them up on Friday and I would give him 40 dollars and say "make sure they eat." My ex loved his boys and I wasn't going to keep them from seeing their dad.

He eventually moved to Florida and moved in with his mom (who he still lives with 28 years later) and it was great. For years the boys would go to their dads the weekend school was out and not come back until a week before school started. I was comfortable with that because their grandma was a very responsible person and I knew she would make sure they were taken care of and disciplined. I had a whole summer to myself with no daycare bills. I guess that was worth more than $60.00 a week.

I remarried when they were 5 and 8 and the man I married has always treated them like his own. My boys are 20 and 23 now and never called their step dad "dad", but they have always looked up to him as a father figure and still do.

I have no regrets about how I handled things. I never bad mouthed their dad when they were little. I always taught them to respect him. It's funny how they are now old enough to understand and they can make jokes about "yeah, dad's a good guy and I love him and all, but you're right when you say he has no ambition".
They're still very close to their real dad but they don't get to see him like they used to. One's in college and one has a family, but they still talk to him about once a week.
I am so glad things turned out the way they did. I am glad I let them have a relationship with their dad even though he didn't pay his child support. Now that they're older, I'm not the bad guy who kept them from having a relationship with their dad. I know too many women that kept their kids away from the dad because he didn't pay and now the mom is the bad guy in the kids eyes for keeping them away from the man that fathered them.

Being a father isn't always linked to a dollar value.
__________________
Caelie
65 Human Cleric
Caelie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:39 AM   #41
Caelie123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,027
Originally Posted by Zolmaz
I'm discussing the court system, not supporting dead beat dads, horm.
There are alternatives to jail and sterlization.
I think it depends on the individual and the situation Zolmaz. I never expected child support from my ex because he could barely support himself. If he had made decent money, drove a nice car, lived in a nice house and remarried a woman with 2 or 3 kids in which he provided for, I probably wouldn't have let him off so easy.

Those are the men that piss me off and i have no pity for when the court slaps demands on them. Those are what I consider true dead beat dads.
__________________
Caelie
65 Human Cleric
Caelie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:11 PM   #42
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
And on losing his job the debts will continue to rise. So where does it
end?
You know what? That's his problem. He got himself in this situation, he can get himself out.
There are alternatives to jail and sterlization.
What the guy did was WRONG. The idea behind the judge's choices is that he deserves PUNISHMENT for his crimes. Either way he goes, he deserves what he gets. Neglecting the children you've sired should get you more than 30 days, in my opinion. What you do for your children determines how their LIFE will come out. You have a responsibility to put forth your best effort when it comes to caring for them. That goes for both father and mother.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:41 PM   #43
cnjmorris
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 925
The ONLY thing I stated was how much child support and alimony she gets each month. What "feeling" word did I use in the statement, "My current girlfriend gets nearly as much in alimony and child support as I take home each month." Wow you Liberals are STUPID!! The ONLY point I was making is that some single mothers do get decent support, there is nothing wrong with that.
My current girlfriend gets nearly as much in alimony and child support as I take home each month. Another lady I used to date gets over $60,000 a year in child support and alimony.

Everyone, including the media, talks about the dead beat dads, and the poor single mothers. While that does exist, there are also the vindictive bitches out there who put their ex husbands in the poor house.
With one paragraph after another it sounds a whole lot like you are using your girlfriend as an example.

Even if that isn't what you meant... there is no reason to get insulting and start calling me a liberal.

So having children is illegal, And punishable? You actually think having children falls into the same ranks as stealing? Holy crap.

Nice logic there cj.
I thought it was clear. Guess not. I am not saying that having children is illegal, but obviously not taking care of them is. Neglect is as bad as stealing.
__________________

Catcen, Level 65 Beastlord.

Newbie for life.
cnjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:28 PM   #44
Gerick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 359
what pissed me off is assholes that insist they get child support, spend in on getting a perm, a car, a computer, while their kids are on reduced lunch in public school, people buying top of the line watchs and shoes with the child support, those people piss me off

i think that to be fair there should be a required itemized bill and the cost split between the perents 60/40 the 60 going to the one without kids, this way no one gets milked.
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:54 PM   #45
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Another problem is that Women are (mostly) not held accountable on raising their own children. or, How they raise them.
Only the Male is accountable. And if living conditions for the child is bad,
then it's the father's fault because he isn't either, "Paying enough", or behind on payments.

Or the courts impose such a high payment that the father must live in poverty.
It's the poverty imposed by the courts that bother me. And no it does not
factor towards every case.


What happened to equal rights?, nothing. It's a double standard created by
equal gender rights.

More children are abused after the father is shunned out of their lives.
And not by the birth father.




Z..
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:58 PM   #46
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Another problem is that Women are (mostly) not held accountable on raising their own children. or, How they raise them.
Only the Male is accountable.
Zolmaz, your assertion is false and you are digging your hole deeper.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:12 PM   #47
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Originally Posted by Lurikeen
Zolmaz, your assertion is false and you are digging your hole deeper.
No worry,
I'm having a backhoe delivered in the morning.



God Bless America
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:21 PM   #48
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
That's a nasty picture, Zolmaz. Where did you take it? At a Korean massage parlor?
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:40 PM   #49
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
North Korean dirt bath party.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:55 PM   #50
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by Me
..:: Quoting Zolmaz ::..
There are alternatives to jail and sterlization.
..:: End Quote ::..

Like what Zolmaz? Take the next step and propose a solution.
Still waiting....
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.