Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2004, 05:53 AM   #26
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Originally Posted by Nosfy
I think that in USA, you have absolutley no idea how you are perceived outside of your country. And I dont speak about Canada or Mexico
I don't give a fuck how I as an American is perceived outside of my country. See, I am that big mouthed, loud, rude American that Europeans hate. I can't wait to go over to Europe and prove it.

Originally Posted by Nosfy
Moore a liar? I dont think so. Just someone that want to criticise and do it quite vocaly. And with a bit of luck he will won the "palme d'or" at Cannes this year.
Here is great link detailing lies and misleading facts:

Truth About Bowling for Columbine

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:57 AM   #27
Nosfy

Originally Posted by crimsonedge
A decade ago, terrorists controlled by Tehran laid siege to Paris in a months-long bombing campaign that culminated in a rush-hour blast that killed seven people and wounded 60 others in front of the Tati department store. Today, the terrorists strike at virtually identical targets: Paris commuters aboard an express train to the suburbs, tourists near the Arc de Triomphe, and Sunday shoppers at open air markets. Passengers traveling on France's Paris-Lyon TGV rain line escaped death when when one bomb failed to explode. Fate intervened again when a delayed school dismissal bell saved pupils at a Jewish school from death or mutilation. A car bomb timed to coincide with the children's dismissal injured 14 passersby and waiting parents.

Callers from the "GIA-General Command," representing Algeria's most violent extremist faction, the Armed Islamic Group, claim to be planting the bombs to protest France's support for Algeria's government. More likely, the callers speak for Iran, which makes little secret of its plans to install an "Islamic government" in Algiers

There is clear evidence they want Islamic control of the world and will use whatever means necessary to achieve it. What are you going to do ? We plan on fighting it, hope we have time to save your ass too.

Eep.. missed that part. Terrorist are wrong. Integrist of all faction/movement are wrong. I think we will all agree on that. Fighting terrorsit by invading a country, by killing innocent, by bombing civilian area is NOT the answer, sorry. Yes, you will have results. You have take Saddam. Osama is still running. Terrorists are more and more everyday. They hate USA and Western world more and more everyday.

You tried to fight terrorism with the brutal force. Didnt worked. Time to maybe use anoter way, no?

BTW: The bomb that failed to explode on the railroad wasnt from Muslims Integrist. It was from a terrorist group called AZF. From all source, that group is just interested in money and nothing politic/religious seems to be behind.
Nosfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:00 AM   #28
Flub Man

Because he is an idot Nosfy. He rails against corporate America but doesn't mind taking their money. In other words, he is like most liberals. He talks with 3 or 4 mouths. Depending on the audience he is talking too.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 05-07-2004, 06:02 AM   #29
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Flub
In other words, he is like most liberals. He talks with 3 or 4 mouths. Depending on the audience he is talking too.
As opposed to conservatives who talk out of their ass no matter whom they're talking to.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:08 AM   #30
Zaniel

Originally Posted by Caelie123
and please tell me why we here in America give a crap how we are perceived outside of our country.
Because that sort of attitude eventually contributes to 9/11s?? I'm sure the Greeks, Romans, Ottoman Empire, Mongols and British all felt the same way when they were living it large.

Any retard who wanders through life telling themselves they need no friends eventually learns that they needs them.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:13 AM   #31
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Any retard who wanders through life telling themselves they need no friends eventually learns that they needs them.
A friend is not someone who bends you over, fucks you in the ass, then runs away and hides at the first sign of trouble. If that's European frienship then..no thanks..

And not to mention that they don't have a problem at all taking any money they can from the US..and then turn around and shit on us afterward.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:13 AM   #32
Flub Man

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
As opposed to conservatives who talk out of their ass no matter whom they're talking to.
Why do you think all speeches are made from the standing position?

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 05-07-2004, 06:19 AM   #33
Zaniel

The first time your buddy says to you "I don't think we should do this its a bad idea, lets try something else" do you turn on him, call him a worthless cocksucker and erase him from your list of friends just because he's disagreed with you?

That's what the US has done to many of its otherwise long term allies. You can whine and moan and preach hate about Europe all you want but they aren't your enemies. Of course, y'all seem to be trying real hard though.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:30 AM   #34
Flub Man

When that 'buddy' is taking billions of dollars from an illegal source and doesn't want that sourse taken out even though they know what that illegal source is doing. Yeah, I am going to call him a cocksucker.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 05-07-2004, 07:03 AM   #35
Sakkath

Originally Posted by Flub Man
Here is great link detailing lies and misleading facts:

Truth About Bowling for Columbine
Not Found
The requested URL /Truth_About_Bowling.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Sakkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:06 AM   #36
Flub Man

Works for me? You didn't load that anti-liberal web site filter did you?

This one has some good info too:

Moore alters "Bowling" DVD in response to criticism (9/2)

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 05-07-2004, 07:27 AM   #37
Sakkath

that one works, thanks
Old 05-07-2004, 07:36 AM   #38
Usna

..:: Quoting Caelie123 ::..
and please tell me why we here in America give a crap how we are perceived outside of our country.
..:: End Quote ::..

I have absolutely no problem with this in theory. However if America wants to act internationally as the world superpower, then surely it follows that how you are percieved outside of your borders is important. Otherwise you are acting just like a schoolground bully. I am not criticising or judging, I just don't see how the two stances can mesh from an outside perspective.
Usna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:46 AM   #39
Xanthaar
Toon Army

Michael Moore also claimed to support Manchester United in a recent TV interview. Hang the scumbag, I say!
Xanthaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:53 AM   #40
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Trith
A GOOD friend is not someone who bends you over, fucks you in the ass...
I edited your remark for you. I've seen people who are supposed to be "friends" fuck one another over for job positions and money.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:37 AM   #41
Trith

The first time your buddy says to you "I don't think we should do this its a bad idea, lets try something else" do you turn on him, call him a worthless cocksucker and erase him from your list of friends just because he's disagreed with you?
Put it in perspective Zaniel and yes you do.

Let's say you and your buddy are standing in your front yard talking and both of you observe a man in the window of your home stabbing one of your children to death and then moving towards your wife...

You turn to your buddy and say "Help me stop him before he kills more of my family"

And your buddy tells you "no...I don't think we should..let's just hang out here for a while..he may stop..he may not..I didn't really see the knife too well..maybe the child just slipped..those screams we heard could have been from the TV...that blood on the window could just be red paint...why don't we just not do anything and he might go away eh?" And to make it worse..your buddy tries to stop you physically from going into the house and even tries to get a few of his chicken shit pals to hold you down as well...

Yes...I'm afraid I would have to call my buddy a cocksucker and he would be lucky if I didn't kill him after I got through protecting my family..

You can whine and moan and preach hate about Europe all you want but they aren't your enemies. Of course, y'all seem to be trying real hard though.
With friends like some in Europe..who really needs enemies. I don't think we have made anyone an enemy...they have been that way for a long long time..it's just now beginning to surface. Jealousy is a horrible thing..
Old 05-07-2004, 12:19 PM   #42
Sakkath

Let's say you and your buddy are standing in your front yard talking and both of you observe a man in the window of your home stabbing one of your children to death and then moving towards your wife...

You turn to your buddy and say "Help me stop him before he kills more of my family"
Maybe you could use a more realistic example; or are you suggesting that Iraq was killing women and children in the US, when arguably it was (and is) the other way around?

Time and time again; 99% of countries in the world want to get rid of terrorism, they just have differing opinions about how to do it. Many will argue that going into Iraq increased terrorism and made winning any 'war' on terrorism harder. You may disagree. Fine. That's called a difference of opinion - something that happens. It doesn't mean you spit your dummy out of the pram.

And to make it worse..your buddy tries to stop you physically from going into the house
how long is this story going on for?

With friends like some in Europe..who really needs enemies. I don't think we have made anyone an enemy...they have been that way for a long long time..it's just now beginning to surface.
No I don't think you've made any 'enemies' in Europs; but a lot of friendships have been weakened.

Jealousy is a horrible thing..
lol, /sigh
Old 05-07-2004, 12:31 PM   #43
Xanthaar
Toon Army

How is it that whenever anyone criticises the US, it's down to jealousy?

It's been argued elsewhere on the board that Europeans are jealous because the US are such a super-power yada yada yada and we're all so jealous of that.

That's a pretty broad assumption and it's wrong.

I'll try and simplify it as best as I can:

If you had a neighbour that bragged to the world all day about how cool his backyard was and how you must wish that yours was cool and how he is the coolest guy in the neighbourhood and if you don't agree it makes you a 'pinko fag' blah blah blah, you'd get a bit tired of it wouldn't you?

We don't hate the US in Europe. Like any other country the US has it's good points and bad points. But unlike most other countries, the US seems to want to shove it into everyones face all the time.

And if we don't like it, we're jealous? Yeah, sure....
Xanthaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:41 PM   #44
Trith

We don't hate the US in Europe. Like any other country the US has it's good points and bad points. But unlike most other countries, the US seems to want to shove it into everyones face all the time.
Absolutely false. I and many other Americans could give a fuck less what you think. In other words..I'm not even remotely interested in telling you anything about my backyard...nor am I interested in seeing or hearing about yours.

In fact I prefer if I stay in my backyard and you in yours..because my yard has a different set of rules than yours. This is why I despise the UN..because it's trying to make everyone's backyard the same boring restrictive thing.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:54 PM   #45
Lurikeen
Freaky

I and many other Americans could give a fuck less what you think. In other words..I'm not even remotely interested in telling you anything about my backyard...nor am I interested in seeing or hearing about yours.
You have to forgive Ambassador Trith. He got a bad bottle of Miller in France when visiting and is a tad upset about it is all.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:06 PM   #46
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

/Agree Trith.

Z..
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:23 PM   #47
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Xenophobia is like, sooo last century

Thilly boyth
Old 05-12-2004, 08:35 PM   #48
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,119794,00.html

Miramax to Buy Back Moore's 9/11 Movie

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

LOS ANGELES Miramax Films (search) chiefs Bob and Harvey Weinstein plan to buy back Michael Moore's (search) "Fahrenheit 9-11" which Walt Disney Co. (DIS) blocked Miramax from releasing and distribute it themselves.

Under the deal, the brothers, who have a thorny relationship with parent company Disney, would not be able to distribute the movie through Miramax. They would have to find a third-party company.

Moore's film criticizes President Bush's (search) handling of the Sept. 11 (search) terrorist attacks and connects the Bush family with Usama bin Laden's.

Disney chief executive Michael Eisner (search) said last week that the company "did not want a film in the middle of the political process" because he believed that theme park and entertainment consumers "do not look for us to take sides."

Miramax co-founder Harvey Weinstein (search) spent about $6 million on the film. He and his brother would have to repay Disney for the investment, and would likely insist on a deal that cuts Disney out of any future profits.

A similar deal was worked out in 1999 when Disney forced Miramax to give up filmmaker Kevin Smith's "Dogma," which took an irreverent approach to Catholicism with modern prophets, angels and apostles in a bid to stop the end of the world. Lions Gate Films eventually picked up "Dogma."

"We're very happy that Disney has agreed to sell `Fahrenheit 9-11' to Bob and Harvey," Miramax said in a statement. "Bob and Harvey look forward to promptly completing this transaction."

Eisner confirmed the planned deal Wednesday afternoon in a conference call with financial analysts. He also lamented the negative press he and Disney received by refusing the film. "There's not much that we can do with Miramax that's not carried in the press," he said.

In France, "Fahrenheit 9-11" was making its world premiere Wednesday as one of 18 films in competition at the Cannes Film Festival, where many new movies find business partners for distribution.

Moore did not immediately return a call for comment.

The confrontational director won an Academy Award for his 2002 documentary "Bowling for Columbine," about the Columbine High School shooting and U.S. gun control policy. The film earned $21.5 million at the box office, making it the highest-grossing documentary ever.
The hype has been generated, now lets turn this sucker loose and make a profit. gogo phoney morals.