Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2004, 12:40 PM   #26
Lurikeen
Freaky

Cue violin music...

Originally Posted by Trith
After listening to everything you have heard about the employee you do some investigative work and discover that everything bad being said about him is a lie. He did not in fact misappropriate funds, he managed the project forced upon him to the best of his ability and did a great job doing thankless work, which despite the lies beingtold by his coworkers..most of the customers served by this employee were extremely happy and proud of his work.
Cut
Old 05-06-2004, 12:45 PM   #27
bumbleroot

After listening to everything you have heard about the employee you do some investigative work and discover that everything bad being said about him is a lie. He did not in fact misappropriate funds, he managed the project forced upon him to the best of his ability and did a great job doing thankless work, which despite the lies beingtold by his coworkers..most of the customers served by this employee were extremely happy and proud of his work.
As CEO results are all that matters.
I asked you whether this employee should not be rehired. I didn't ask you to change the story of this employee. Either rehire or not.
Oh and Trith, perhaps you need to look at this thing called the deficit. That is the bottom line for our country. It doesn't matter one iota how we get to such a high deficit, merely the fact that we get there is a problem. It needs to be fixed and it ain't being fixed right now.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:53 PM   #28
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
I would fire the person explaining this scenario to me because he/she never read the project plan.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:55 PM   #29
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

This employee should start a new company with all his shameless "Yes!"men here.

I hear Greenland has lots of open office space.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:35 PM   #30
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Very clever, Bumble! If only we'd all said, "Oh, let's not rehire that loser!", then you could laugh at us all and say, "Oh, but you support Bush!" Man, wouldn't that have been funny!

Just another Bush-hate thread with no other purpose than to stir the proverbial shit. Man, we can just never get enough of those.

Seriously, though, my answer would be: I need more information. Even if it hadn't been Bush you were talking about, I've been around long enough to know there's always more than one side to the story, and you aren't noted for your unbiased or factual reporting.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:31 AM   #31
bumbleroot

Seriously, though, my answer would be: I need more information.
No, you don't need more info. I'd given plenty of info.
The fact that you draw the correlation between this employee and Bush shows that there is a problem with Bush in the same manner as this employee. The fact that you all continually look for excuses to excuse this employee's actions is funny, because you continually do the same with Bush.

Your replies have said enough if you ask me. Amongst them....
One person changed the story
One person sid the info was incomplete
One person tried to say there was another side of the story

The excuses keep coming and I'd shown exactly what the results are. This is cut and dry. I didn't ask to look at the means. I showed the ends. As a CEO, bottom line is my number one concern. How we get there is what I am paid to do. If someone takes my company away from it, then the company needs to not have that someone.

The cons dishonesty on these boards as a whole is appalling. The fact that you don't want to admit facts is apparent and you cons have given me a delightful chance to hurt you with brutal honesty. You have also given me an opportunity to exhibit exactly how you are continually making excuses. Perhaps rather than make excuses, you would realize that its not worth continually making excuses for something or someone. That was the same mistakes Liberals made with welfare recipients. You cons should be careful about the path you are treading.
You also have shown to me and many others on here that your connection with Bush is emotional and not practical. In other words, it is form but not function. It is Art for Art's sake. It lacks any backbone.
Us libs see our candidates as function. I can hardly say that Gore or Kerry had much form. Both were dryer than burnt toast. For that matter most of our connection with Clinton was over function. Most of us libs disliked the guy's curled lips and blow-dried hair. We were sickened by his blow job actions. It is you cons that really got bothered by that. However, his performance was the key to us. We saw those actions as irrelevant to his job duties.
To me, one of the reasons I thought Nixon was a good president was because he was function. He had very little form. In fact, it became obvious that once Reagan came into office, you cons went for form entirely over function.
I should remind you that it is more important what someone does than what they say or how they say it. Actions speak louder than words. Results are the key to performing a job. This employee talked a tough game but had shitty results. Had this employee talked crazy but delivered great results, they would be re-signed with no questions. In fact, how the employee talked is irrelevant. What the employee did is relevant entirely.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:02 AM   #32
Brigiid

Muaha, I do love reading your posts, Bumble. You can't buy better misguided fiction than the "truths" you spout on here. At least you make me smile.

I typed out a long, Brigiid-esque response to your post, then I sat there and said, "Hey, what's the point? I could have the truth, carved by lightning into stone, from God's own hand, and Bumble wouldn't believe it. He moved to his own little planet and Logical Thought didn't get his forwarding address."

So I guess I'll just sum it up to say, "It's nice that you think so, sweetie."

*pats you on the head*

Seriously, you do get so worked up, trying to make the whole world either a) agree with your opinion, or b) feel stupid for not agreeing with your opinion. Wouldn't someone like yourself...someone with all the answers...have something better to do with their time? You could be off curing cancer, or hey, running for president yourself! Then you could do it all the right way!
Old 05-07-2004, 04:07 AM   #33
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

The fact that you draw the correlation between this employee and Bush shows that there is a problem with Bush in the same manner as this employee.
Bullshit. Anyone that compares what you wrote with Bush does so because you fuckin wrote it. Your hatred for the guy isn't exactly a big secret ya know.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:36 PM   #34
bumbleroot

Bullshit. Anyone that compares what you wrote with Bush does so because you fuckin wrote it. Your hatred for the guy isn't exactly a big secret ya know.
The point is that you and your brethren's responses are based upon your admiration for Bush and not upon sensibility or even any thought. That is emotional, not thoughtful.

Brigiid, care to perhaps maybe reply to my response instead of demeaning me. Because I am just the messenger. Perhaps you can not deal with the answer.
As far as me having all the answers. I don't. I never said I did. I have been right so many times as opposed to you cons because you guys don't use your heads and think with your allegiance instead. That's a dangerous and fruitless way to think. If you don't believe me you can ask those idiots in 1930s Germany that acted the same way.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:56 PM   #35
Brigiid

Originally Posted by Bumbleroot
Brigiid, care to perhaps maybe reply to my response instead of demeaning me.
What reply would you like to hear?

You began this thread by asking for input. I posted with my opinion, and you basically told me it was wrong. You went on to imply that anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is stupid. If you're going to tell me what my opinion has to be, why give me the choice in the first place?

You're not actually interested in what I have to say; you're just looking for an opportunity to ridicule. When you decide you actually want to have a discussion, we'll talk. Until then, no, I don't have a reply for you.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:19 PM   #36
bumbleroot

You began this thread by asking for input. I posted with my opinion, and you basically told me it was wrong
Muaha, I do love reading your posts, Bumble. You can't buy better misguided fiction than the "truths" you spout on here.
Just another Bush-hate thread with no other purpose than to stir the proverbial shit. Man, we can just never get enough of those.
and you aren't noted for your unbiased or factual reporting.
Can you tell me how any of these replies of yours even deals with the question? You haven't even dealt with the matter at hand. Instead you looked for an excuse by claiming there isn't enough info.
Let me make this easier for you....
Based upon the info you have, would you re-hire or not?

Oh, while we are at it
and you aren't noted for your unbiased or factual reporting.
Care to show me what examples you speak of because I tend to try to use mainstream sources and if the source is dubious I usually mention that. One other thing, I am not noted for my reporting at all. I am not a reporter. How can I be biased or unbiased as a reporter if I'm not even attempting to be one. I use sources to support myself. If you are saying I use dubious sources, I challenge you to show me where.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:05 AM   #37
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
I dealt with the question...you just didn't like my answer..

/shrug

it's quite typical..when you don't like the answer you bitch and moan..someday you will realize that you really don't have a hotline to "Truth" Bumble..and that you have degraded your own credibility with your outrageous claims in the past to such a degree that no one takes you seriously anymore now.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 02:42 PM   #38
Brigiid

Can you tell me how any of these replies of yours even deals with the question? You haven't even dealt with the matter at hand. Instead you looked for an excuse by claiming there isn't enough info.
Sadly, no I can't tell you how any of those replies dealt with the question, because they didn't.

Originally Posted by Brigiid
Seriously, though, my answer would be: I need more information.
This, however, would be where I replied to your original thread topic. You do remember that, don't you? You quoted me later when you were telling me that my answer was wrong. I believe your exact words were:

No, you don't need more info. I'd given plenty of info.
Then you launched off into another tirade against conservatives, and most of what you said turned into "blah blah blah...blah blaaaaaaaaahblahblah".

Again, when you wanna have a discussion, you let me know and I'll play along. Or you can keep generalizing and insulting everyone based on their party affiliation, and I'll keep demeaning you in my responses.

I am not noted for my reporting at all. I am not a reporter. How can I be biased or unbiased as a reporter if I'm not even attempting to be one.
Reporter = one who reports. You don't have to be a professional journalist in order to be considered a reporter. You just have to take one piece of information or idea and convey it to another person to have committed the act of reporting. If you had the capability for multi-dimensional thought, you might have made that correllation yourself.

The fact that you don't want to admit facts is apparent and you cons have given me a delightful chance to hurt you with brutal honesty.
The funny thing is that you're not hurting me. I'm quite at peace with my political views. I don't care if you share them or not, nor do I feel like you're making me "look silly" with whatever facts you think you're presenting.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:16 PM   #39
bumbleroot

Reporter = one who reports. You don't have to be a professional journalist in order to be considered a reporter. You just have to take one piece of information or idea and convey it to another person to have committed the act of reporting.
You see, this is where you have it wrong. I am not a reporter but I have worked for years with them. I am a debater. I don't seek out and generate the stories. I only relay them.
The fact that I demean cons is done intentionally to piss you cons off. I have no reason to hide that fact. I do it because I find many conservatives hateful and angry people and I see it as a chance to let them wallow in their mire. As I listen to the anger and hatred spew forth from Rush and other conservative outlets I decided that it is only right to give you guys what you desire and that is anger and hate. You seem to thrive on it. You really should be thanking me for giving me what you want.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:43 PM   #40
Maximus Faticus

With the information given I would find another job for the guy (if I believed he could futher benifit the company), and put the project on hold until futher notice.

Will that work Bumble?
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:17 AM   #41
Brigiid

You seem to thrive on it. You really should be thanking me for giving me what you want.
And yet, in this thread (as with many others) you're the one getting all worked up and angry. Funny how that works out, isn't it?

BTW, I'm not buying your cool-guy "I'm just doing it to piss you off" routine. Nice cop-out though.

You have a lovely day, sir.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:22 AM   #42
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
I am not a reporter

but I have worked for years with them.

I am a debater.

I don't seek out and generate the stories.

I only relay them.

The fact that I demean cons is done intentionally to piss you cons off.

I have no reason to hide that fact.

I do it because I find many conservatives hateful and angry people and I see it as a chance to let them wallow in their mire.

As I listen to the anger and hatred spew forth from Rush and other conservative outlets I decided that it is only right to give you guys what you desire and that is anger and hate.

You seem to thrive on it. You really should be thanking me for giving me what you want.
It's us who should be thanking you Bumbleroot.

Your Priceless.

God Bless America
Zolmaz Zo'Boto (Life is good, when liberals are confused)
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 04:34 AM   #43
Qallaana

Well Bumble,
I guess if the project was so important that the possible survival of the company was at stake, I would probably give him all the fucking time he needed. Morale/profits etc dont mean jack-shit if the company fails.
Get it?

Vulpes
Qallaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 08:02 AM   #44
bumbleroot

With the information given I would find another job for the guy (if I believed he could futher benifit the company), and put the project on hold until futher notice.
Thank you for an honest answer.

Unfortunately I have posted this a long time ago when I started chiding cons. You can look for it. There are also some cons on these boards whom I have had online discussions with in which I stated the same things. So whether or not you believe it merely is because you believe only what you want to believe.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:15 AM   #45
Maximus Faticus

Actually I take that back. It would also depend on the project. If it was something major that would profit the company to no end, or save a lot of lives I would keep it going.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 07:42 PM   #46
VenomsLust

Send a message via Yahoo to VenomsLust
Suppose you were the CEO of a company.

-You had an employee that was hot and heavy on doing a project because he/she believed it was the right thing to do.
-You decided to let the employee go ahead with the project because he/she seemed trustworthy to you.
-This employee said that completing this project would be quick and could be done easily.
-This employee stated that the actions taken from this project would pay for the project.
-This employee proposed this project at the beginning of last year.
-The employee spent most of their time on this project and little time on other necessary projects
-This employee was due for a contract extension at the end of this year.

-The project this employee proposed kept taking on new obstacles
-The project was never completed and became more difficult after a year's time.
-The project went way over budget and in fact was causing your company to lose as much money as they had made the year previous to the project.
-The project didn't pay for itself
-The project had no clear plan of completion
-The weekly updates you heard from the employee and his/her subordinates spoke well of their own progress, but within the project that progress wasn't apparent.
-The people involved in the project were not happy with the way the project was going and some were quitting and some were openly complaining about the project.
-The project was causing morale problems within your company
-The premise on which the employee sold the idea for doing the project proved to be untrue

Would you renew this employee's contract?
From a corporate perspective, no, I would not resign his contract...

From a political perspective (since it is an obvious attempt to discredit Bush)... I would keep in mind that choosing our next president is like pissing in the wind.
A lot of people are firm backers of Bush, others are firmly against Bush. Neither, to me, are wrong or right, they have their opinions. And choosing to be pro-Bush or pro-Kerry is trying to pick the lesser of 2 evils. Considering "evil" is a matter of perspective, it all boils down to opinions.

Though, I do agree with outcome being more important than method... Clinton didn't bother me too much as a president, even if his moral standings were.... irritating.

As for Conservatives and whatnot... I have no clue which realm I fall under. I'm me, and that's all I really care about. I've never been concerned with labels... Well, not in any serious fashion.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:16 AM   #47
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

I am not a reporter
Well, duh.
The fact that I demean cons is done intentionally to piss you cons off.
Which is why they view you as a little man who rants and raves until you turn beet red and smoke starts pouring out of your ears. Funny how you intentionally try to piss others' off when you're the one that's always getting all worked up. Let me clue you in on a little secret: it's hard to make people angry when nobody takes you seriously.
I do it because I find many conservatives hateful and angry people
Bumble, I had no idea you were a conservative!
Thank you bumble! The main reason I visit this board is for the entertainment value, and your "bumbling" never fails to do so!
Originally Posted by VenomsLust
As for Conservatives and whatnot... I have no clue which realm I fall under. I'm me, and that's all I really care about. I've never been concerned with labels... Well, not in any serious fashion.
Amen, brother.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote