Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2004, 05:58 PM   #51
Lith Ahntalon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: GA
Posts: 1,193
Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Hey Luri, get a Glock 21, damn fine weapon, it is what our dept issues and I carry one 40 hours a week
__________________
Right mind, right action.
Lith Ahntalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 06:14 PM   #52
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Bowels of Hell, A.K.A. New Jersey
Posts: 9,564
I feel kinda bad nobody backed Bumble up on this, left and right sort of slammed him. So ill be the one guy who says, yeah dude guns are evil. we would be playing harps and fucking like rabbits and world peace would be the only way of life.

Down with guns, up with love!
__________________
Chukzombi Astrocreep
Magister (re-united)
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:36 PM   #53
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Originally Posted by chukzombi
I feel kinda bad nobody backed Bumble up on this, left and right sort of slammed him. So ill be the one guy who says, yeah dude guns are evil. we would be playing harps and fucking like rabbits and world peace would be the only way of life.

Down with guns, up with love!
Since Bumbleroot is'n't here eye'll reply to Chucki-Thepizza-Zombee's ignorant post!

Actually I feel bad also. Say, You think his father is kicking his ass because
he is writing all this anti-Ameican jargan? BONUS!

Father kicks 43-year-old sons ass. News at 11.
God Bless Anarchy
God Bless No God
Bumbleroot I'm Idiot (Once I found a mushroom, and ended up like I am, I wish I'd been tormented
with anti-mushroom spam)
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:21 PM   #54
Maeri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 479
Blah.. blah.. blah..

Gun control. As I said in the post on Louisianna's proposed law to ban people flashing their underwear, I think the right to bare arse is far more useful (and less dangerous) than the right to bear arms.

My thoughts on gun control ... if anyone cares or couldn't already guess. Some stats there too if you're really bored.
__________________
Maeri (former [65 Maestro])
Maeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 04:18 AM   #55
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
You want contradictions? Ok
We are trying to show you that even responsible gun owners are not responsible.
perhaps you ought to realize that guns are not infallible
Please clarify: is it an irresponsible gun owner or a malfunctioning weapon? Come on, unlike your boy Kerry, take a stance one way or the other! For the record, I'll have to go with an obviously faulty gun. I mean, if it is a "FACT that guns are intended to kill" and the guy is still alive, then the gun was negligent in its duty!
they are a serious problem in this country
nobody is trying to control the guns
If they're that big a problem, why is noone trying to control it?

Apparently whoever he got to confirm the gun was unloaded can't tell the difference between a bullet and a big, gaping hole, although it was completely irresponsible to not make sure for himself there wasn't a round in the chamber. He didn't and he shot himself, but that still doesn't change the fact that it was an ACCIDENT! Maybe once we find a perfect human, we'll get some infallible machines, but until then, it ain't gonna happen. Best you can do is be careful when handling dangerous equipment.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:25 AM   #56
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Wildane
Come on, unlike your boy Kerry, take a stance one way or the other!
Kerry has taken a clear stance on this issue. He owns himself and is an avid hunter. He has stated that he doesn't want assault rifles on the streets. In other words, he is for gun control, not eliminating ownership.

If you think he hasn't a stand on the issue maybe you could share why?
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:55 AM   #57
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Oh, and before anyone jumps at my obvious slip... "Kerry owns himself", I meant to write "Kerry owns guns himself."
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 08:56 AM   #58
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
That comment was made slightly in jest and not meant to be specific to this issue. I was just thinking of that farcical slogan someone linked that said something to the effect: "John Kerry: Whatever you stand for, he does too!"
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:45 AM   #59
Felessan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,005
Firearms are a tool, nothing more.

They are used to kill people, sure...but, they are also used as a deterrent, to protect oneself in the wilds of the backwoods or the cities. To protect and serve. They are used to hunt with and to protect our borders, our foreign interests and sometimes for great evil.

Notice the key element in these statements? They are used. People are the ones, for better or worse, who use them. Focus on the people. Therein lies the problem.

To address this thread directly, firearms accidents happen. Same as Car, Farm Equipment, Workplace, etc. Training is at issue as is overconfidence and sheer stupidity. The same limiting factors apply to most accidents.

I own many firearms. I do not believe in anyones right/need/desire to control, nor regulate my lawful access to firearms. Period. Under whatever guise you place it...regulation/control of access to firearms for law-abiding citizens is wrong.

My $.02, but with inflation probably worth much less.
__________________
Felessan Oakhallow
Ginsu Stalker of Anlah 'Shok
Retired

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:14 AM   #60
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Felessan
I own many firearms. I do not believe in anyones right/need/desire to control, nor regulate my lawful access to firearms. Period. Under whatever guise you place it...regulation/control of access to firearms for law-abiding citizens is wrong.
How is regulation of access to firearms wrong? We have all sorts of regulations as to what law-abiding citizens can and can't do. We generally agree to these regulations in order to protect society. I see no reason why regulating access to firearms is wrong. The Constitution only guarantees the right to bear arms. It doesn't specify what sort of arms one can or can't posses.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:32 AM   #61
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by Felessan, my emphasis added
I do not believe in anyones right/need/desire to control, nor regulate my lawful access to firearms.
I'm all for your lawful access to firearms. I'm also all for sensical regulation of private gun ownership. Are you really arguing for total deregulation of firearms? I hope not, because that is irresponsible madness and I won't even insult your intelligence by explaining the multitudes of reasons why.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 12:24 PM   #62
Felessan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,005
Nope, but by the same token I dont believe any old knucklehead should be allowed to regulate a law-abidings citizen to access to firearms.

As long I as I am not a felon, nor a domestic violence offfender, with zero history of alcohol/narcotic abuse, and no history of pschiatric issues...its none of their damned business how many firearms I own or what type. There are enough checks and balances in place already...let it be.

Again...this is nothing but my opinion.
__________________
Felessan Oakhallow
Ginsu Stalker of Anlah 'Shok
Retired

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 12:32 PM   #63
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
So Felessan, you think that as long as you meet the criteria you listed, a citizen should be allowed to own a bazooka?

Either I'm misinterpretting you, or....?
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 12:40 PM   #64
Felessan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,005
Heheee...I think a bazooka would be a blast.

Note I mentioned Firearms. A bazooka is a Mass Explosive projectile weapon and not a firearm.

***EDIT***

You havent lived till you've used a shoulder fired AT-4 or its equivelant. Now that is a nice boom, hehe.
__________________
Felessan Oakhallow
Ginsu Stalker of Anlah 'Shok
Retired

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 12:49 PM   #65
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
OK, how 'bout an M-60? That surely is a firearm, yes?
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 01:06 PM   #66
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
Originally Posted by Felessan
Note I mentioned Firearms. A bazooka is a Mass Explosive projectile weapon and not a firearm.
Ok, but at some level you are now engaging in regulatory thinking. You say bazookas don't count as firearms. Congress has determined what firearms count as legal.

I am certain that there are some who think that the government shouldn't regulate any weapons at all. They argue that the Constitution guarantees the right to bear arms. Arms would even include SAM missles in the backyard. Such thinking is completely foreign to me. My point however is that you have drawn the line as to what sort of arms we can have. That is precisely what those who want gun control have done.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:01 PM   #67
Felessan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,005
The M60 is an outdated piece of crap. Still fun though.

I personally dont see any reason a civilian needs a MG but...I dont think it is my place to say they cannot. As long as they are not felons and meet the objective guidelines above, I dont see any reason why they cant own one.

/shrug

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I love how HW's and SLM's always enter these gun control debates. Ive never personally seen anyone wanting to own one of these...maybe because it takes a stiff bankroll to afford either.
__________________
Felessan Oakhallow
Ginsu Stalker of Anlah 'Shok
Retired

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.