Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2004, 02:01 PM   #26
Chiteng
Supporter

Hmm, just got my concealed weapon certification. Would be much happier if I didnt need it.

An armed society, is a polite society(w bodies)

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 02:56 PM   #27
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Zolmaz
No liberal in the world owns a gun.
I am a liberal and I own a Ruger P97, .45 caliber semi-automatic hand gun. It is a pretty fun gun to shoot. I am thinking of selling it though to buy a Glock 21 which is also a nice .45 and better than the Ruger in that it doesn't jam when it gets hot.

Oh, and on the topic... I am a firm believer that people kill with whatever tool suits them best. I suppose if the story was about an arborist demonstrating how to dig out a tree and accidentally stuck himself in the foot with the spade of his shovel, would we question if it were shovels that kill?
Old 05-02-2004, 02:59 PM   #28
Chiteng
Supporter

Too Big Lurikeen.
I go w REAL 9mm not POS .380

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Old 05-02-2004, 03:57 PM   #29
Lurikeen
Freaky

I have found with the bigger calibler weapons my shooting is more accurate, I tend to overcompensate with smaller calibers. .45s are meant for knock down anyway. 9mm just poke holes.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:16 PM   #30
Chiteng
Supporter

Well I am not trying to kill anyone. I just want them to go away =)

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 05-02-2004, 04:27 PM   #31
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
My family owns a 12 guage, a .22 rifle, and a few revolvers, though I don't recall what exactly. The revolvers were handed down from my grandfather more recently than the last time we went shooting so I haven't seen them yet.

Every voting-age member of my immediate family is a registered democrat, and every one of us has fired a gun more than once in our lifetimes.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:37 PM   #32
bumbleroot

I refuse to ever own a gun. If we were under invasion by a foreign power in my homeland, I would own one. Besides that, too many crazy things can happen with guns.
Just a sidenote. I also refuse to ride on motorcycles. Pretty much the same reasons why I don't own a gun. Its too easy to be irresponsible on them.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:53 PM   #33
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
It's all about education. Stupid people do stupid shit. No amount of litigation will ever eliminate common ignorance.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 05:18 PM   #34
Vulpes

In other words, you cons pretty much believe anything out of ideology rather than thinking things through or basing it on fact or research or anything substantial. This means that you believe simply out of blind faith, and not out of anything but. Perhaps that is why you don't ever back up anything you say and perhaps that is why you try to pass opinion as fact so often.
Hey Bumbletard,

I see an awful lot of us 'cons' posted facts, don't see any from you though. Let me guess, the FBI lied about its statistics, criminals and law-abiding citizens alike were all on the take from Bush's big-oil monies.

I tell every single democrat I meet the same thing. "If you are a democrat, and you own a gun, you are a hypocrite." One of the major platforms of the democratic party for years has been gun control.

Vulpes
Vulpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 05:22 PM   #35
Vulpes

I find it utter ignorance that people continue to ignore the problems of guns going off.
Forgot to address this. Let me just say.....hell, what can I even say. I am dumbfounded. Guns going off isn't a problem, in fact, it's exactly what they are supposed to do.

Vulpes
Old 05-02-2004, 05:33 PM   #36
bumbleroot

I see an awful lot of us 'cons' posted facts, don't see any from you though.
What dimension are you living on. You and your other con friends never post FACTS. You post and state opinions and that only. Us libs post links consistenly to support ourselves. So simply lieing that you guys are posting links is pure bullshit. I suppose you plan on taking the course the Bush regime takes. Repeat a lie enough times so people start to believe it.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:39 PM   #37
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

http://www.forestapps.com/accident.html

An Accident?

By Tim Ard

President

Forest Applications Training, Inc.

Is it an accident? I guess we should look at a definition to begin. What is an accident?

The American Pulpwood Association has given an accident prevention, domino formula, presentation for years to loggers and risk managers of all types. One of the most embedded statements from this presentation in my mind is that, "an accident is an unplanned event!" If this is true, then planning is truly the best thing we can do to prevent accidents (at least those with injury), from happening. I believe this is true! I have asked loggers across the nation (who told me of injuries they or a member of their crew have sustained), "did you plan the injury?" To date, they have all said, "NO!" I guess this gives a substantiated truth to the statement.

Statistics show that operators of chain saws in the logging industry rank high in accidents. They’re tops in numbers of accidents and can be in volume of dollars expended in repair of them. Considering the above paragraph, we should look at the planning process of chain saw operation. Information should be taken and experience referenced before going further. Safe and productive techniques are no accident! They are results of planning.
Chainsaws dont kill people.....or do they?
Old 05-02-2004, 06:15 PM   #38
Vulpes

Did you even read my first post? Reading comprehension beyond you? or are your glazed over bloodshot eyes not focusing through the spittle as you rave at your keyboard. Read the newspaper article Bumble, it's based on FBI STATISTICS. I sure don't see any 'links' from you libs saying how great gun control is.

http://www.largo.org/Lott.html

Here is another study Bumble, just for you. It's fact, or at least the best facts that research by a liberal democrat can do.
http://www.largo.org/klecksum.html

Saying that guns kill people is just another stupid spouting coming from your mouth that makes about as much sense as most of the stuff you post.

Vulpes
Old 05-02-2004, 06:26 PM   #39
bumbleroot

Vulpes you don't seem to get it. Nobody is calling for guns to be eliminated or even asking for control. I don't see why you think that spouting off editorials on the subject makes any difference since I never was making that argument.
I am agnostic on the issue of gun control. For the same reason I am agnostic on abortion rights. I am not qualified to make a decision on either one. I've stated why I won't own a gun. I've stated that there is a problem with guns and gun owners. Did I advocate eliminating those guns? No I didn't. I haven't offered any solutions. Don't assign a solution to me just because it you can only comprehend those solutions that you are aware of. To assume that gun elimination is the only solution proves further how black and white you cons see the world. All I did was state that there is a problem.
Your second link shows 1.5% of all gun deaths as being accidental. That implies that some people died because of gun accidents. If one gun goes off accidentally, then that is one gun too many.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:38 PM   #40
Vulpes

If one gun goes off accidentally, then that is one gun too many.
Yeah, in your world it rains lollipops and rainbows really do have a pot of gold at the end. Here, in reality, we have come to accept the fact that accidents happen. You better rant on about ball point pens next, you have any idea how many people choke to death on ball point pens every year!

I simply posted my last post because of your insistence that 'us cons' post opinions and not facts. As usual, that means that you completely ignore it.

I am agnostic on the issue of gun control. For the same reason I am agnostic on abortion rights. I am not qualified to make a decision on either one.
But you are qualified, in post after post, to make decisions on what the president knew or didn't know and what he based his decisions on??? And you obviously are qualified to know every single geopolitical implication of every single action the US makes. Oh yeah, and you must be qualified to make decisions on exactly what Kerry is up to.

Gnight Bumble, and keep in mind...dont bring up retarded shit on the boards if you don't want to argue. It is steam vent still.

Vulpes
Old 05-02-2004, 07:21 PM   #41
crimsonedge

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
Cut the bullshit. If you say there are contradictions- start pointing them out instead of merely teethless rhetoric.

Where to start, ok you say you aren't trying to force gun control down anyones throats yet you bring this article up. Does that mean you just want to see accidents stop? Or does it mean you dont want to see gun control but your party does as shown here:

The perception that Democrats are hostile to the rights of gun owners has damaged the party in the last two elections and will do so again in 2004 unless they change their ways, the Democratic Leadership Council said yesterday.

So do you actually have a point or does your party do your talking ?

Or are you pointing at Iraq? Saying if the US didnt have guns at all even for military use the world would be better off ? Well I know for a fact we wouldnt be even Americans, we would most likely be speaking French or German Spanish (getting close anyway on this one) as a national language and sending cash to whichever country won us.

The fact or research or anything substantial quote is quite humorous. (bumble says "you cons pretty much believe anything out of ideology rather than thinking things through or basing it on fact or research or anything substantial.") I constantly look up (reasearch if you didnt know what that is) articles and facts to support my positions and many more that refute yours. Yet, I never see you responding with facts....EVER. You never have any convincing arguements Bumble, face it, you go with your emotion and lose every time. There are others on this board that agree with your political and social views but at least they support most of what they say with facts or critical opinion, with that they can earn grudging respect. With you, there is no respect because you never push forward anything but your party mantras that are based on feeling rather than fact.
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 05:03 AM   #42
Gerick

I refuse to ever own a gun. If we were under invasion by a foreign power in my homeland, I would own one. Besides that, too many crazy things can happen with guns.
Just a sidenote. I also refuse to ride on motorcycles. Pretty much the same reasons why I don't own a gun. Its too easy to be irresponsible on them.

fucking retard, that is the worst idea ever, if you wait to get a gun untill we are under invation you are hurting the war effort, at war time the government needs all the bullets and guns it can get, when alot of our ties to other countrys may no longer be there, or reachable.

get a gun when we are not needing the meterals and ammo, burry it in a waterproof box if you think you will use it on accident, and then it will be there when you need it
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 05:44 AM   #43
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
In my home I have a ruger p40 .45 8 hydra shocks in the clip and 1 chambered sitting right next to my bed. Theres also a walther 9mm in the kitchen. My roommate keeps a .44 mag revolver, a chinese sks and a romanian ak47 with about 1500 rounds of ammo in his room. Montana militias here I come!!!
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 06:14 AM   #44
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I have no need to own a gun right now. I don't hunt and don't shoot at range for sport. I have no problem with citizens owning reasonable weapons under license. And for my home protection purposes I see far more risk involved with gun ownership than is worth any feelings of protection. But that's just me. I have renter's insurance, a 36 inch Louisville Slugger under the bed, and 2 fists that I learned how to use long ago and haven't had much need for since. I don't expect ever needing even that much, let alone more.

Part of why I don't own a gun is I am far too tempted in daily life to use one
Old 05-03-2004, 08:09 AM   #45
bumbleroot

Where to start,
Perhaps something called links might help. You still are providing YOUR OPINION and nothing else.

But you are qualified, in post after post, to make decisions on what the president knew or didn't know and what he based his decisions on??? And you obviously are qualified to know every single geopolitical implication of every single action the US makes.
Something called common sense. I didn't complain about Afghanistan because we did that right. We did Iraq wrong. I complained from day one that it was the wrong war at the wrong time. Look up my posts and "wrong war". And while you are at it look up where I said that the ethnic squabbling in Iraq is going to cause guerilla conflicts that won't go away. That is common sense based upon the history of Iraq. Shit, you don't even need to be a genius to know this all you need to do is rent "Lawrence of Arabia" and you will see that we have and are making the EXACT same mistakes that the English made in the early part of last century. I am pissed mostly because we did this wrong. I could give a shit whether we went to war with Iraq or not. Saddam was bad and he needed to be taken out, but it didn't have to be done hastily. Because of the hasty manner, we have lost extra lives, have greatly burdened our budgets and have divided our country into two parts. That is not a cost that was necessary to do this. And it was done only so Bush can say he didn't sit on his ass and do nothing. He didn't need to attack to take actions. The Spanish government has already resolved their terrorist attack. We haven't still. Shit, we don't or haven't ever had proof that OBL did ours. We blamed him 50 minutes after it and he denied it even though he would have wanted to take credit for something that big. Almost three years after 9/11 we have zero arrests for it and haven't even started investigating who actually did it. That is sad if you ask me.

Last edited by bumbleroot; 05-03-2004 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:03 AM   #46
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
What dimension are you living on. You and your other con friends never post FACTS. You post and state opinions and that only. Us libs post links consistenly to support ourselves. So simply lieing that you guys are posting links is pure bullshit. I suppose you plan on taking the course the Bush regime takes. Repeat a lie enough times so people start to believe it.
ROFLMFAO!!
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:42 AM   #47
bumbleroot

What's the matter Trithee-boy. Cat got your tongue. Seems to me all you can do is try to demonize me, but when it comes to ever supporting yourself or when me or one of the other libs on these boards PROVE exactly how ignorant your posts are you resort to that little sheepish laugh. Instead of laughing because someone opposes you, why not try making a valid argument. When you can do that come back to these boards. In fact, I was hoping to at least have someone that can comprehend things on a normal level of intelligence. You must be getting tired of getting owned and be getting tired of us libs always being right.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:35 AM   #48
crimsonedge

What's the matter Trithee-boy. Cat got your tongue. Seems to me all you can do is try to demonize me, but when it comes to ever supporting yourself or when me or one of the other libs on these boards PROVE exactly how ignorant your posts are you resort to that little sheepish laugh. Instead of laughing because someone opposes you, why not try making a valid argument. When you can do that come back to these boards. In fact, I was hoping to at least have someone that can comprehend things on a normal level of intelligence. You must be getting tired of getting owned and be getting tired of us libs always being right.

Could you please point out where you are "owning" anyone, and "always being right" ? I must be missing these threads.
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 12:25 PM   #49
ShardmoonVer.1

Soooo.... your original post seems to question whether its guns or people that shoot people. And in the very same post you took part of a paragraph to support you "point". Your point of course being.........

Beuller....

Beuller....

Beuller....

Any one?

Is your point that people accidently shoot themselves? Or is that guns gain free will and randomly shoot people? Or maybe its that a kid in the audience used his Firestarter type psychic ability and willed the agents gun to go off and blast him in the pecker?

My hat is off to the other "liberals" in the thread who recognize the individuals rights to make up their minds. A gun in itself isnt "evil". Its purpose and use is up to the guns owner.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:30 PM   #50
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
I have plenty to say, I just find it waste of my time to respond to someone in obvious denial about reality. I encourage you to keep going though because you show me how important it is to stay off drugs and keep a clear mind. I'm thinking about using some of your posts to do a seminar on the evils of long term LSD use though...
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote