Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2004, 11:31 AM   #51
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
Sending troops to Afghanistan to find Osama was a good thing to do. Sending troops to Iraq based on heresay information about Saddam supposedly having weapons of mass destruction was not.
Exactly how I feel.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:57 AM   #52
Usna

Default I get it now

Ahh ok Trith I get it now. All that stuff about going to Iraq to enforce (with a mandate apparently) UN resolution 1441 and get rid of them damn WMDs was a ruse. Bush really wanted to go after terrorists. Well why the fuck didnt he say so at the time because I would have fully backed any move in that direction.

Oh wait I remember now, there was no link at any time between Saddam (at least no more of a link than there was with Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Jordan etc etc) and terrorism. Talk about moving the goalposts, Bush carries the whole fucking pitch around in his backpocket. Of course there are terrorists (or insurgents or freedom fighters or whatever you want to label them) in Iraq now. They have been created out of the fucked up situation there now.
Usna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:05 PM   #53
Inmountains

Fanon
We agree to disagree. Iraq showed they would attack a soverign nation, so anything we do to them is "fair play!"

Oh I get it, OBL attack us on our soil, so let's 'get em'. But SH/Iraq attacked Kuwait, so we just push them back out of Kuwait and go home? Oh, and wait for them to attack someone else, go there, push them back out, and go home again? Not this Patriot!!!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:18 PM   #54
Usna

"But SH/Iraq attacked Kuwait, so we just push them back out of Kuwait and go home? Oh, and wait for them to attack someone else, go there, push them back out, and go home again? Not this Patriot!!!!"

There are at least 2 fucked up statements in here. Iraq invaded Kuwait almost 14 years ago so what the blue jesus does that have to do with anything? And I am all for patriotism but it fits in exactly where here? Iraq did what to America?
Old 04-28-2004, 12:33 PM   #55
Chiteng
Supporter

I luv the flag waving, makes me feel like grade school.

Servicemen would not be dying in Iraq, if GWB had not sent them there.
I blame HIM.

If he would pull them out, they would stop dying.
I mean really....if your ginna fight then FIGHT. Level that damn
city and kill the bad guys. But he pussed out on that even.

Where does the BS finally stop?

The enemy will NOT stop fighting until we kill them. WAKE UP.
Kill Them or give it up!

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 03:07 PM   #56
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Servicemen would not be dying in Iraq, if GWB had not sent them there.
And if servicemen had not been sent to Iraq and Afghanistan innocent US citizens would be dieing from chem/bio/dirty bombs here...

Which one is a prettier choice for your Chiteng?
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 03:09 PM   #57
Trith

Oh wait I remember now, there was no link at any time between Saddam (at least no more of a link than there was with Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Jordan etc etc) and terrorism
Have you even bothered to check out the news once and a while? Do you have any clue about what is going on in Iraq right now..any idea who we are fighting? You think they showed up overnight.....? You think that's air you are breathing?
Old 04-28-2004, 03:30 PM   #58
Usna

Trith, let me spell it out in simple words (I will try and keep it down to as few of those nasty long words as possible for you). They did not show up overnight because they LIVE there. They were not terrorists before the coalition went into Iraq. The terrorists that you went after are all over the place and there may be some in Iraq. There may be some in Germany, in England, in Italy, in Saudi Arabia. You get the picture I am sure.

Now back to the main point. The war in Iraq was about WMDs as we were told, as the UN was told and as the world was told. Changing it to suit your needs does not make it all of a sudden the same thing. The war in Afghanistan was indeed a, justifiable, war to root out terrorists and their main supporting base.

As for watching the news, I tend to trust real news sources who follow an unbiased reporting ethic. As for the cartoon networks run by Murdoch and his ilk I am sure they suit your limited powers of self-thought and feed you just the base diet you require to keep spouting your crap. Gobshite
Old 04-28-2004, 04:40 PM   #59
Trith

They did not show up overnight because they LIVE there.
Thanks for making my point for me. Sometimes this is too easy.

They were not terrorists before the coalition went into Iraq
Spontaneous terrorism...what a hilarious freakin idea...nice try though.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:53 PM   #60
Foust Farseer

Default hahaha

Arguing with Trith is like arguing the existence of God with a born-again Christian.

Everything you say makes me laugh myself to tears and then I cry because you are perhaps the most misguided delusional fool that has ever attempted to discuss politics..

And if servicemen had not been sent to Iraq and Afghanistan innocent US citizens would be dieing from chem/bio/dirty bombs here...
You are so close to being accurate in this, but then you say Iraq. IRAQ DID NOT FLY PLANES INTO US. THEY DIDNT TRY AND BOMB THE TRADE CENTER IN 93 (think it was 93 =p).

You honestly believe that if we did not send our troops to Iraq that they would have attacked us? Did Iraq express any form of hostility toward us before we invaded? Any threats of military action? Any of that?

You believe all of the heresay that Iraq was stockpiling chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction to be used in a major offensive against the United States of America, thereby incurring the wrath of the UN and 30 some odd other countrys?

I do not doubt that there are/were Al Qaeda cells in Iraq. Furthermore, I do not doubt there are Al Qaeda cells in England, America, Spain, Germany, China, Japan, Hungary, France, etc. You think we should just invade all of them under threat of military force and tell them to stop hiding terrorists?
Old 04-28-2004, 05:41 PM   #61
Chiteng
Supporter

You dont know that Trith. That is merely your opinion. You asking men to DIE
for your opinion.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 06:03 PM   #62
Trith

You believe all of the heresay that Iraq was stockpiling chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction to be used in a major offensive against the United States of America,
I think everyone here was smart to enough to know a direct assault by Iraq was not going to happen...BUT what you, in your infinite lack of wisdom do not realize is that Saddam Hussein lacked any form of moral fiber whatsoever. The weapons he did (and we know this for a fact from documented UN sources and his murder of the Kurds with them) would have been made readily available to Al Qaeda, Hamas, and any other group of militant nutjobs with a little pocket cash.

I never feared a Iraqi missle with Bio-weapons hitting Boston for example...I feared a suitcase bomb filled with Bio-weapons MADE by Iraq and planted by your freindly neighborhood Al Qaeda lunatic being detonated in Boston..

You should have too..unless you are totally out of touch with reality.

What better place to get your buffet of WMDS if you are a terrorist than from a mad dictator who: Funds terrorists, has built in the past and is building now illicit weapons, is not afraid to exthort the UN and had Kofi Annon's son plus numerous French, Russian, and German officials on the take from the gross misuse of the "Oil for Bribes..err food program", hates the US, is always looking for a way to help knock the US down a few pegs.

Again..it's cute and curious that your are able to dillude yourself into thinking that none of this was possible..when just last week we have a massive chem bomb turn up in Jordon..and everyone is standing around scratching their asses wondering "Gee...where did that thing come from"....I can answer that easily..the only problem is getting some people to come to grips with reality and stop playing politics with the lives of US citizens..like Usna, Fanon
and Foust seem willing to do.

Denial at all costs..right guys?
Old 04-28-2004, 06:33 PM   #63
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Not another BS thread. Ok here it goes again,
The 9/11 (attack) commission was set up to find out why BUSH and his cronies didn't
attack and find osama. And now that we've taken preemptive action against Iraq it's bad?
Fucking crybabies. And you wonder why the polls are going up for Bush,
and even your liberal media hates kerry. Keep it up and I may send
a donation to kerry. LMAO

Is that simple enough for you idiot liberal pacifists?

You weasil's will never be happy. Just be glad that Bush will win in november
and your pathetic little lives will stay safer.

God Bless America
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 06:38 PM   #64
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

You really raise the bar for "not getting it" Zolmaz. Kudos!
Old 04-28-2004, 06:53 PM   #65
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Oh yea. Your the smart one horm. Always ready with personal insults
to win an argument.

Say, what would you freeks be saying if Bush would have attacked the
afgan's 1 month after he took office because there was an imminent threat
from the terrorists??

Holy crap, people would have called for his head on a stake.

You wishfull idiots don't get it. You don't want to. Now go lay down
on the floor and start kicking and screeming like your party taught you.

Have a wonderful and Happy day.

God Bless America
Zolmaz.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:59 PM   #66
Veo

Default translated from English to conservativese

Treet, iff SH ves sooch a threet tu zee US, vhy deedn't he-a geefe-a el-Qeeda zee VMD thet yuoo cleeem he-a hed dooreeng zee 12 yeers seence-a zee furst Goolff Ver vhee he-a hed a reel reesun tu be-a peessed et us?

Iff Ireq ves sooch a threet, du yuoo reelly theenk zeey vuoold hefe-a veeeted 12 yeers tu du sumetheeng tu us? Ispeceeelly beck in 98 vhee SH keecked oooot zee inspecturs? Bork Bork Bork!

*translated so that Trith might have a chance of understanding (not likely to happen though)*
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:14 PM   #67
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Zoltard
from the terrorists??
You sir, are a retard without peer. You think that would have stopped 9/11? Please say yes- I could use a good laugh.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:38 PM   #68
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
You sir, are a retard without peer. You think that would have stopped 9/11? Please say yes- I could use a good laugh.
Thats what your side of the fence is trying to prove. All in an attempt
to cause bush to lose the 04 election. It's a failed attempt.
Haven't you been keeping up with "all the news?

Who's to say it wouldn't have stopped 9/11?. You sound almost happy that
9/11 did occur. Anarchist anyone?

God Bless America
Zolmaz.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:57 PM   #69
Foust Farseer

Default hm

I never feared a Iraqi missle with Bio-weapons hitting Boston for example...I feared a suitcase bomb filled with Bio-weapons MADE by Iraq and planted by your freindly neighborhood Al Qaeda lunatic being detonated in Boston..

You should have too..unless you are totally out of touch with reality.
Well you could always go to Russia for your nuclear supplies, or China even. Some of the northern African countries probably have some old weapon stockpiles they want to get rid of.

Ever hear of the black market? Secret buying and selling of various toys that catch the eye of dictator and religious militants alike. And Osama and his buddies could have easily made most of their arms themselves. It doesn't take much to make a bomb.

And why should I be afraid? I'm not gonna hide in fear of the big bad terrorists. Not much I can do if they decide to detonate themselves while I'm standing next to them. I'm not gonna live day to day in fear of what might happen. Fuck that.

hat better place to get your buffet of WMDS if you are a terrorist than from a mad dictator who: Funds terrorists, has built in the past and is building now illicit weapons, is not afraid to exthort the UN and had Kofi Annon's son plus numerous French, Russian, and German officials on the take from the gross misuse of the "Oil for Bribes..err food program", hates the US, is always looking for a way to help knock the US down a few pegs.
Funds terrorists? We're the ones that sold Iraq its technology in the first place.

Hates the US? Every country in the Middle East hates the US, aside from Israel of course.

The fact of the matter is this. There was never any proof outside of heresay. We had spies who knew this guy who talked to this one chick who knew this dude who worked in a secret Iraqi plant that made aluminum tubes.

OMG INVADE!
Old 04-29-2004, 12:17 AM   #70
Usna

"I can answer that easily..the only problem is getting some people to come to grips with reality and stop playing politics with the lives of US citizens..like Usna, Fanon
and Foust seem willing to do."

Trith, that is just fucking priceless. If anyone is playing politics with peoples lives (and not US lives alone, this war affects a lot of countries) it is your special needs President.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:04 AM   #71
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

from the terrorists??
You should know that. They'd be saying the same things that they're saying now about Iraq.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:06 AM   #72
Wildane

To elaborate, it really doesn't matter what the current administration does, it's wrong. Bush could find the cure for cancer and the dems would be screaming because he was holding out on them. It's really kinda pointless to argue about it, but we do it nonetheless. Guess it's better than arguing about who got voted off on Idol

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-29-2004, 04:10 AM   #73
Kerryn

Originally Posted by Wildane
In referrence to the war on terror: Please explain to me how I can be diplomatic towards someone who has such a seering hatred for me, just because of my country?
Wildane. They didn't have a meeting one day and decide who to hate and how to bomb. Inmountains is completely blind to the obvious in that he says diplomacy doesn't work. The fact is you can't make that assessment when it hasnt been tried in that area.

Diplomacy was tried in Libya and was a resounding success.

Originally Posted by Wildane
In referrence to the war in Iraq: For over ten years was Saddam given chances to comply with UN (not US) weapons inspectors, and for over ten years, he failed to give them the total access demanded of him. What would you have us do, ask him again?
That is exactly what they did Wild. They were given full access they found nothing and then...they asked again. In the end we found nothing.

Tell me how you would think Iraq would fair if they insisted that Iraqi weapons inspectors had full access to every document in the US.

Edit for fucked up quoting.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:21 AM   #74
Xanthaar
Toon Army

People in this thread speak of Iraq supporting terrorism as if this has never gone on in the USA (see NORAID). A curious double-standard...

As for the original subject of the thread "Are we winning?". Speaking from a British perspective, I would say we have "won" when we complete the task we went to Iraq for, which is finding the WMD. At the moment we are trying to put right / clear up the mess we've made along the way.
Xanthaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:26 AM   #75
Wildane

Diplomacy was tried in Libya and was a resounding success.
Well, I don't remember Libyans dancing in the streets after having murdered thousands of Americans either. I'm sorry, but if you think terrorists would agree to sit down and work out a peace agreement with us "infidels", you're fooling yourself. And, as I said, after having committed such an act of terror and hatred, they do not fucking deserve our diplomacy. What they deserve is a taste of their own medicine, but luckily, we aren't giving it to them. We do not intentionally target civillians to murder. We do not identify an enemy on the sole basis of where they were born. We do not negotiate with FUCKING ANIMALS!
Tell me how you would think Iraq would fair if they insisted that Iraqi weapons inspectors had full access to every document in the US.
Well, if we were under suspicion of producing weapons after having been ordered not to, I'd say it's up to us to cooperate. I'm betting your question was rhetorical, because you probably wouldn't expect the answer I gave, but it's the truth.