Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2004, 08:58 PM   #1
crimsonedge

Default Thought Democrats were the charitable ones

http://rope.wrko-am.fimc.net/kerry/0...harity_gap.jpg

I remember someone going on and on how in one of these threads about how Democrats are the leaders in charity and Republicans are tightfisted and heartless. Well here is the presumptive Democratic leader putting his best foot forward blowing up that theory.
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:03 PM   #2
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

William Weld was a pretty liberal Republican, if ever there was such a beast.

What's your point though Crimsonedge? Did Kerry recently claim he is more charitable than George Bush or is this simply another lame attempt to claim "victory" (over what I have no idea).

You get more and more boring and predictable as your posting history grows.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:45 AM   #3
crimsonedge

You get more and more boring and predictable as your posting history grows. [/QUOTE]

Dont have to claim it Horm, he proves that he isnt on his own. Shoot he proves that he quiet the opposite of what his party claims they are, compasionate.

Andl at least you dont change. You When you dont have an answer for your candidates actions, you try to distract fromthe point with some inane comment or more usually directly bash the poster. Wow im impressed.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:17 AM   #4
Nuzum

Horm,

You have just proven the mentality of the demokrauts. If kerry had stated how charitable he was and then this surfaced you would be screaming that this is a conspiracy against kerry and nothing but a petty argument.

But seeing as kerry has made no claim you say OH well he never stated that and it has no relevance and blah blah blah VOTE HITLER over bush.

Same typical demokraut shit.

"Kitties are the Dion warwicks of the shaman world"
Nuzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:07 AM   #5
Maximus Faticus

Liberals by definition are going to donate more then conservatives.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:44 AM   #6
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

What's really funny is this is what we'll get until November. The Bush Administration would be insane to wage an issue-based campaign since they'll get slaughtered. And so we're left with the Sycophant Collective (tm) out pushing "issues" like this. It's amusing or pathetic- I'm not sure which, maybe both.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:34 AM   #7
Nuzum

Horm,

you are one misguided fool. did the short bus stop too fast on the way to school this morning?

Name one issue kerry stands for, I can see no solid platform this guy presents other than I'm not bush.

Hell even the libertarians have more of a platform than this guy. The only thing I know si that he plans to magically create 10 million jobs in 4 years, wow he should really put down the crack pipe.

This election is coming down to the issues and Nader has more chance of winning on issues than kerry does. Nader may be a crackpot but at least he has a platform.

"Kitties are the Dion warwicks of the shaman world"
Nuzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 06:57 AM   #8
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
So basically Weld donates more to charity than Kerry does. Note that Weld also claims 5 dependents and makes more money than Kerry does.

Why does this really matter?

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 07:07 AM   #9
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Nuzum, you'll have to pardon me if I don't take criticism from the likes of you very seriously. I've pointed out places you can learn about Kerry's stance on issues before and you've not bothered to figure it out.

You and your ilk will bring up meaningless crap like this old tax return article from now until November because your boy is running on the "I cut taxes and blow shit up" platform and that doesn't always play well to the media.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:07 AM   #10
crimsonedge

It should matter. Considering hes been shown to be the farthest left of all the Democrats in the Senate, shouldnt he be a leading example of what the party stands for ? Yet, he doesnt he isnt a leader hes a fence sitter that tests the political wind before jumping on any issue. And of course jumps to the other side if the wind changes. But I would have thought the party of compassion and understanding would be a little more charitable that 0.7 percent over 5 years. Especially since its not like he needs to worry about his family starving or anything.

Last edited by crimsonedge; 04-27-2004 at 07:32 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:09 AM   #11
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
Yeah, we know politicians never change their stance on anything...

Wasn't it Bush that said (during the campaign) that "American troops should not be used for nation-building"?

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 07:17 AM   #12
bumbleroot

John Kerry lived in Washington DC and has to pay for his housing there. William Weld as governor had no housing costs. The state paid for them. He had no living expenses. Untrue case for John Kerry. Hence, who then would have more expendable cash?
I quite frankly don't see this as much of an issue. John Kerry is not going around claiming to give more to charities. His action is legislative. On one hand you cons claim him to be the most liberal of all Senators, but when it comes to helping the poor you cons say he doesn't do it? Make up your mind. You are waffling on your stance it appears. Either he helps the poor or he doesn't.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 07:54 AM   #13
crimsonedge

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
John Kerry lived in Washington DC and has to pay for his housing there. William Weld as governor had no housing costs. The state paid for them. He had no living expenses. Untrue case for John Kerry. Hence, who then would have more expendable cash?
I quite frankly don't see this as much of an issue. John Kerry is not going around claiming to give more to charities. His action is legislative. On one hand you cons claim him to be the most liberal of all Senators, but when it comes to helping the poor you cons say he doesn't do it? Make up your mind. You are waffling on your stance it appears. Either he helps the poor or he doesn't.
You are seriously going to offer up he had to have the money for his Washington housing ? Bumble thats beyond lame even for you.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:39 AM   #14
pukagok

pukagok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:21 AM   #15
bumbleroot

I have no idea what and how he spent his money. You have to remember that those years shown he was not married to Theresa Heinz. I can only assume his only salary was his Senatorial salary. This piece does not speak of any other.

I also think that comparing one person to another is not adequate in trying to make a case. There is always context and that is not ever shown. To blatantly make a case that someone gives more than another hence the other person is uncaring is ridiculous.
I make decent money. I live paycheck to paycheck. I give small amounts to charity. Others making less than I give much larger amounts. That doesn't mean I don't care or don't make the efforts. It means that they are in a different context. They may have less bills or none at all. As I said before Kerry was not married to Theresa Heinz back in the time they showed those figures. His disposable income was not as great as Welds would have been. He could not charge meals to the state or have all living and travel expenses paid by the state. Weld could.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 03:50 AM   #16
crimsonedge

You werent a Senator, in the public eye, vieing for elections based on your politics and the politics of your party where you Bumble ? Didnt think so, Kerry was. Nice of you to continue to make excuses for him though, at least you are charitable to him.......
Old 04-28-2004, 04:08 AM   #17
Nosfy

You are going to vote for the man who give the more to a charity organisation?

Damn, and I thought this was a political thing to elect someone at the head of a country!!
Nosfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:01 AM   #18
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
We won't know what money Kerry has given to charitable organizations, or what they were as long as his wife attempts to block her tax records. There can be only one reason for this..she has given money to some pretty seedy organizations and this could hurt Kerry in the election. Look for Ms. Ketchup to continue to block her records as long as she can.

And if this campaign continues to be run on issues like Bush is trying to do it, Kerry continues to lose hands down in all cases because he has ZERO stance on anything. He cannot, has not, and will not offer solutions of his own to anything because he doesn't have the abililty or capacity to do so..so for now all you will see Kerry do is continue to fly around the nation saying assenine things like "Bush is losing the war on terror!! I will win it!!" "How Senator Kerry?".."Ermmm..did I mention I was in Vietnam?"..
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:02 PM   #19
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

What's really funny is this is what we'll get until November.
Lol you think your boy will even be around in November? his balloon has already peaked and is now collapsing in on itself. Where is he going to build up excitement from? The ADD younger crowd will already have forgotten about John Kerry and the election by november. The older crowd wont touch him.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:47 PM   #20
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Chuk, one doesn't generally become the front-runner and spend millions of dollars campaigning to hang it up because some jerkoff on a video game message board thinks his balloon has peaked. How Kerry performs against the ApeMan is another, constantly developing story, but the odds of him not being on the ballot are slim to none.

Good try though. You're really sowing the seeds of hopelessness on the left. Maybe I'll just stay home on Election Day right? It's futile to resist....or something