Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2004, 11:09 PM   #126
Deadscale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,140
Everclear is evil!

it's mah b-day, don't I deserve some little "fun" with Airie, courtesy of momma? =o

Speaking of evil...last semester, for 50pts on an exam I needed to describe in 2 pages the differences between Genesis 1 and 2. Err...
__________________
I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.

Last edited by Deadscale; 04-28-2004 at 11:14 PM.
Deadscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:41 AM   #127
Kerryn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Keren, Naboo
Posts: 1,030
Originally Posted by Antilles
One of the biggest misconceptions about rape is that it happens to women dressed in skimpy outfits, and is enacted by horny men.
Originally Posted by Antilles
1. Myth: The primary motive for rape is sexual.
The primary motive may not be sexual but that isn't mutually exclusive.

Try this. Although the primary motive for rape is not sexual it frequently does happen to women dressed in skimpy outfits by horny men.

Originally Posted by Inmountains
Kerryn used name calling on me BECAUSE I GOT A DIVORCE.
You are correct. I did. I did not however start the name calling, you did. You started by calling Hormadrune immoral and anyone who supports abortion a murderer. If you can't take it, don't give it. Now shut the fuck up little boy because I'm getting tired of your capital letters everytime you get het up.

Originally Posted by Trith
It's shows he compromised his beliefs. If he's a true atheist then he would not marry in a church under any circumstances. I'm just amazed by how he can criticize religion as a sham, then turn around and bow before it and lie about it to appease someone else.
It shows no such thing. When I went though my crisis of faith I spoke to the local Reverend because the church was booked and paid for, the invitations had all gone out and I too was uncomfortable with the situation.

He said he was sorry I'd lost my faith and would speak to the bishop regarding my situation. The Bishop came back and the Reverend passed this on. "It's not an ideal situation but if you don't believe then it would be wrong to swear before God. Your fiancee however is a believer and we support that she should still be able to make those vows as she wants."

We then sat down and devised a ceremony in which my fiancee could be blessed and I would make a solemn oath to love and to cherish her. The difference is I believe in the vows I have written and intend to stand by them, which shows a damn sight more character then anyone who vows before a god that they will love, honour yada yada and then get divorced.

I won't lie in church because I believe it's a sacred place to others if not me and I respect that. Did you lie in church though?

Originally Posted by Trith
A true Christian would not marry an atheist under any circumstances, and vice-versa...it's a match made for failure.
You of all people would not know what a christian was if one came up and bit your ass. A "true christian" tolerates others and does not force their belief system on others.

Like I said I couldn't really care less about your pathetic views because "your" religion, yours personally, is a crock of shit used only to belittle others. The day I get your acceptance and agreement is a day I'l start worrying.

Now...on to something with substance.

Originally Posted by Lukaria
I do however also have to note Kerryn, that you bascially state here (and throughout the other posts) that you are an atheist and in general - you think Christians are bigots and hypocrites etc.

Is this true? Because if it is, I have to point out to you that it might be YOUR problem, not the Christians you come into contact with.
I don't think Christians are bigots and hypocrites but I do think there is a great deal present on these boards.

My Grandmother, a god fearing woman of 70+ years is what I'd define as a true christian. She accepts everyone as she meets them and never judges them despite how much she disagrees with their stance on things. She thinks gay people are "a bit weird" and "misguided" but she doesn't think they are going to burn in hell and she doesn't believe they need to denounce their sins. She doesn't approve of abortion but understands there is a need for it. She thinks that people who have had abortions might have made a mistake, but not one that makes her better then they. She gives without thought, and she believes in the sanctity of love and human life.

She certainly doesn't use her religion to do...this.

Originally Posted by Catcen
Your fiancee doesn't believe anything, if she did then she wouldn't be pregnant and living with someone she isn't married to. Both of you are a mockery of what you claim to believe.

If she believed in God enough to care about salvation she wouldn't marry someone who didn't. No one would force themselves to know their spouse wasn't saved every day they lived with them. Likewise they wouldn't want the increased risk of watching their child grow up watching one saved parent and one unsaved. Your marriage will mean as much as the paper its on and the blessing that you receive.
What he does here is probably one of the most un-christian thing you can do. He's using his religion to state that the love my partner and I have for each other is wrong. She believes one thing that makes her a better person then Catcen...she believes in tolerance of those who are different.

Catcen clearly believes that every person that believes in god thinks like he does, that the rest of us need saving, and that we should be kept apart. My fiancee has her belief system and it doesn't include judgement, she believes it's private to her, and doesn't go to Church. In fact most of the world is like her in that 85% of the population believes in a higher power yet only 35% engage in organised religion.

The thing is that religion is turning people away from God, because every year less and less people go. It is people like Catcen that cause this because they sit there in judgement of others. Laughable for that last quote to be followed by
Originally Posted by Catcen
I don't look down on you. I don't value myself above you.
You are entitled to your religion Lukaria and I respect you for the decision you make to believe in that but I don't respect Catcen because he's merely chosen religion to equip himself with a weapon to carry him through life. Do a search on his name and see how often he uses religion in an argument that people shouldn't do what they choose to do because his way is the right way.

I didn't get up one day and suddenly decide that I was going to disbelieve. I was asked the question and I had to answer honestly "I don't think I do". The thing is that scared me. I'd like to believe that there's someone looking down on us and helping us, but with all thats wrong with the world I can't say this is true. I'd like to believe we all go to a better place when we die. I can't.

Now we have people telling me that my fiancee and I shouldn't be married and shouldn't have kids. Well fuck them and fuck any religion that believes that two people that love each other shouldn't be together. That's a religion that turns its back on love and supports only conformity.

If you go about your life believing in God then I hope he exists and I hope you have his blessing. But when I believed he existed, I believed he was charitable and kind and would look down upon any who used his faith for evil means with furious anger. But then I believed in the end he would forgive them all and accept them because they used the independant thought he gave them.

Their is always hypocrisy in religion Lukaria. Be mindful of it because it will be it's undoing. Hypocrisy is thinking that we need to be saved by God from a world they believe he created.

Originally Posted by Catcen
I believe you are calling me an egotist for having faith.
I am calling you an egotist because you have faith that only those who follow the bible are ever right. To me your religion is like a gun. There's nothing inherently wrong with it other then the people that use it for evil, and I believe that you, and people like you misguidedly do exactly that.

If I felt the need to be accepted into your religion then you and the thoughts of people like you would upset me.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:38 AM   #128
Kerryn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Keren, Naboo
Posts: 1,030
Here is your christianity. Enjoy it.

Pay particular attention to the bits about "new law" and "old law".
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:45 AM   #129
Zelgadis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,693
Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Is this thread about women getting raped and want to get an abortion? Has there ever been any chatter or debates about guys getting raped? O.o
__________________
Chamzel's Site
PSN Name - Cham-Zel

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:51 AM   #130
Kerryn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Keren, Naboo
Posts: 1,030
Yes by men. It rarely leads to arguments about abortion though.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:57 AM   #131
Zelgadis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,693
Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I dunno, when gays' rights go into full share effect in the future and science improves to the point of implanting opposite sex organs into different bodies one way or another, guys running around getting pregnant from rape... it's bound to happen one of these days!
__________________
Chamzel's Site
PSN Name - Cham-Zel

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 07:04 AM   #132
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by Lukaria
Btw, Horm, God IS love, I'll leave it at that. Your comments are so off imo. I know you're pretty young, but I pray you get some insight before some real damange occurs in your relationships. Good books to read regarding this issue - all from a Christian persepctive (so that you can actually understand the viewpointas it is opposed to what you are saying here) are Intimate Issue by L. Dillow, Toward a Growing Marriage by G. Chapman has great stuff, Spiritual Relationships that Last by G. Delashumett, The Marriage Builder is heavy but good by L.Crabbe I think.
I actually think I'm getting pretty old- 26 tomorrow in fact (/shameless birthday plug). I'm certainly old enough to roll my eyes at the condescension implicit in your statement.

Regarding Christian perspectives, I was raised Catholic and considered myself one until the end of college really. My parents were both born and raised in that religion and so me and my sisters were. My parents have been married for 35 years now. My father, before being an editor, was the religion writer for the newspaper he works for. Trust me- I have plenty of Christian perspective.

What amazes me is how pompous it is insinuate that love does not exist outside of religion- that those of us who don't practice Christianity are less worthy of love in some way? That is what has baffled me in this thread. In fact, I would argue that I give more to my fiance in part because I have so little need for religion. She is the one I hold myself most accountable to- not "Him."

And you need to complete your thought: God IS love to you. To me he's a question mark.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 07:17 AM   #133
Aelain
Stop that rhyming!
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 253
Send a message via AIM to Aelain
Originally Posted by Kerryn
Here is your christianity. Enjoy it.

Pay particular attention to the bits about "new law" and "old law".
This link is dead.
__________________
Aelain, wizard
<Triune>
Aelain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 07:25 AM   #134
Inmountains
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,501
Horm, you sure read a lot more in that post than I did. Of course non believers can love just as much as believers, and I don't think I see where anyone is disagreeing with that. If I believe that God is Love, why does that bother you? If I believe that my faith is my compass in life, to show me my own short comings, why does that bother you? We are all the product of our up bringing, our education, our 'street lessons', all the experiences we have in life help to shape us and to make us who we are today. Our beliefs, mores, morals, ethics, etc... are developed over time. Personally, I believe that traditional morals, bordering upon Puritan morals, lead to the most fulfilling life. This has been developed over 44 years of experience in life, love, tragedy, triumph, etc... And NO, I am not saying that this is the ONLY way to a fulfilling life, there are millions of other ways. But for me, and from my experiences, this is what is BEST FOR ME!! If someone else is interested in learning about my beliefs, I love to share it. If they want to talk about last night's Lakers/Rockets game, I can do that too! Because, when it all comes down to it, it's family and friends that make life fulfilling. I have good friends who are Liberals, or atheists, or gay, or whatever, makes no difference to me. I may not agree with them on certain issues, but that does not hinder the friendship. As the Bible says, "as iron sharpens iron", that is what friendships are all about.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 07:42 AM   #135
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
But it's this prohibition on marriage between Christian and non-Christian that Catcen seems to be touting that I take offense from. Perhaps I'm wrong to lump Lukaria in with Catcen, but it seemed to me she was backing him up on that issue.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 07:45 AM   #136
Kerryn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Keren, Naboo
Posts: 1,030
Yeah...worked for the first few times. It's simply an advanced forumwide search, username cnjmorris, containing the word bible.

It's used in arguments to persecute those who;

engage in homosexuality
have sex outside marriage
smoke marijuana
smoke, full stop
and I got bored at page 3 deep of links.

there was something about the economy in there and tipping...and there are dozens of posts from people saying he uses the bible only for persecution. There's even a post entitle CNJ, too far which is almost entirely about that subject.

In fact not one of the posts he used with the word could be considered positive. He's a joke to your religion.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:00 AM   #137
Antilles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 565
Originally Posted by Kerryn
Try this. Although the primary motive for rape is not sexual it frequently does happen to women dressed in skimpy outfits by horny men.
Yet the concession that the primary motive does not bring with it factual proof of it frequently happening to scantily clad women. Face it, popular opinion (and really, a misconception that I keep pointing out) is that dress plays a huge role. It doesn't, get over it. If you want to keep your kid limited as far as dress goes, by all means go for it (there are other reasons to do so, no big deal). But you can't pin it on skimpy outfits and horny men, thats just not true.
__________________
Formerly:
Antilles the Fire Caller - [60 Warlord]
Qenelar Darklighter - [53 Reaver]
Forever Afflicted
Antilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:09 AM   #138
Kerryn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Keren, Naboo
Posts: 1,030
I'm not trying to pin it solely on that Antilles, just to say that it is one of the motives.

I'm not of the opinion that women ask for it and they cannot protect themselves from the man that just likes to enforce his power. But you can protect yourself as a woman by not prick-teasing some guy then backing off. It's not an excuse for the man, but it's a fact that women need to understand.

Once again with the child thing it's completely different again and rarely to do with exerting power.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:20 AM   #139
Antilles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 565
Originally Posted by Kerryn
I'm not trying to pin it solely on that Antilles, just to say that it is one of the motives.

I'm not of the opinion that women ask for it and they cannot protect themselves from the man that just likes to enforce his power. But you can protect yourself as a woman by not prick-teasing some guy then backing off. It's not an excuse for the man, but it's a fact that women need to understand.

Once again with the child thing it's completely different again and rarely to do with exerting power.
As long as you understand you're addressing a small minority of rape cases, then I agree with that.
__________________
Formerly:
Antilles the Fire Caller - [60 Warlord]
Qenelar Darklighter - [53 Reaver]
Forever Afflicted
Antilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 11:27 AM   #140
cnjmorris
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 925
In fact most of the world is like her in that 85% of the population believes in a higher power yet only 35% engage in organised religion.
Narrow is the road to life.

You say that I am negative but in reality I teach very positive things. It is you who chooses to see them as negative.

Do you think somehow that some search you do on my posting habits is going to deter me form sharing God's word when others bring it or a moral issue up? To me that search result purely shows that I am doing my best to share God's word.

You calling it hate won't effect me either. Of course you are going to call it hate. That is the popular response to intollerance. I don't tollerate sin, and God doesn't tollerate sin.

You will continue to only hear what you want to hear. I have explained that I don't hate people or look down on them. I was once lost too. If I gave in to daily temptations I could once again be lost also (you love searches so make sure to search on the topic of living in sin vs sinning). Because of that I have no right to hate others. My salvation was a gift. Your lack of reasoning brings you to the conclusion that I either accept everything people do or I hate them and that just isn't the case. I am capable of loving others and still desiring for them to change their ways and be saved.

It is not judging to say that someone isn't following God's will. He gave us His will so that we would know. If there is one way to heaven and you aren't going that way then I don't need to judge to know.
__________________

Catcen, Level 65 Beastlord.

Newbie for life.
cnjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 11:45 AM   #141
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Catcen-
You, who professes to live a life based on your dubious interpretation of a 2000 year old book filled with the writings of people we today would call madmen, questioning other's powers of reason is easily the funniest thing I've seen this week. You are saved only in your own eyes. But I would say you are very, and quite possibly, irrevocably lost.

Tolerance? Please learn the definition of this word before profaning the concept by claiming to follow it.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:18 PM   #142
Deadscale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,140
"True Believers" make God seem to be such a prick. I'm pretty sure God is happy just knowing we do "good" in general without living word by word by the book. Someone may be "saved" but it doesn't mean crap right now cause everyone is living in hell brought out by your fellow "brothers" till the day you die.

Can't forget that people commit sin in the name of God. Extremists bombing abortion clinics, hanging "witches", killing natives trying to spread his "word", and some looney ones beating their kids to death.
__________________
I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.
Deadscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:24 PM   #143
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
I agree Deadscale. If there is a God, I'm fairly sure he'll have no major complaints about my life thus far. Who knows what sort of mischief I can get into between now and the day I kick the proverbial bucket, but as things stand at the moment, my soul's in pretty good shape and I'm enjoying my worldly existence.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:36 PM   #144
Zelgadis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,693
Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
The teaching of religion will one day destroy my family, separating us all because the figure we imagine in our prayers (yes, it is said that to preform proper prayer you must imagine God in your mind) tells the extremists that different various simple things are horrible cursed sins.
__________________
Chamzel's Site
PSN Name - Cham-Zel

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:42 PM   #145
Lurikeen
Freaky
 
Lurikeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 17,873
I don't know what the fuss is all about when it comes to religion. If it weren't for religion then there wouldn't be porn, prostitution, heavy metal, alcohol and drug abuse.
__________________
"All I said was... that bit of halibut is good enough for Jehovah." Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurikeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:07 PM   #146
Luky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 287
Hmm ok Horm, I see what you are saying about God and love but that isn't actually what I wanted to get across. Perhaps I was unclear. Let me clarify myself then.

I do believe that love exists outside of religion. I believe God created us in
His image, and as I stated God is love, therefore, we also love. Therefore, you also can love - outside of having a relationship with God. (more on this later).

What I really had an issue with was a combination of things - foremost that you said it was basically weak and sad if you needed God in order to love *(unless I misconstrued that??? if so, please correct it). Secondly, throughout the thread you posted several times about love and sex being separate and sex is an animal instinct etc. etc. etc.

I GUARANTEE your mate does NOT feel this way, even if she seems to agree with you to some degree. If that were the case, she wouldn't care if you "spread" that instinct around to other females....

My point, is that you do yourself and any future marriage you have, a very very grave disservice if you continue to hold to this viewpoint. While I am sure you'll go reading some marriage books (secular), do pick up at least one of the books I mentioned. Toward a Growing Marriage is probably the best one - or attend a seminar by the author - fabulous, practical and only like $60. I can promise you, you will not regret reading them, even if you do not agree with Christianity.
__________________
Luky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:25 PM   #147
Luky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 287
Kerry said:
I don't think Christians are bigots and hypocrites but I do think there is a great deal present on these boards.
Ok gotcha I wasn't sure if you had this attitude all the time or if it was specific. I have now been enlightened by the fact that its specific.

Like I said, there are chrsitians and there are christians and there are Christians....... and different views seem as prevelant among the church-going as among the non-believer.

As for any doubts you hold - I am a believer and I still ask myself questions like "what if I'm wrong and there is nothing after death?" ""What is there really is no God?" But then I go back and I remind myself why I choose to put my faith in a God whom I cannot see and whom the "world" disdains, and I look at the track record I have with God, and the answered prayers, and I know that He exists despite my doubt. I think I probably have faith the size of a grain of sand, but I do trust that is enough. Don't let doubts unhinge your beliefs, instead investigate the doubts. Work them out. /shrug maybe you already did and thats why you're an atheist now... if so, I am sorry you didn't find the answers you seek. Let me know if I can ever guide you toard getting a question answered.

As for the link you provided - sorry it did not work for me!

But if talking about OT and NT law - well being too legalistic is never a good thing. It goes against grace. I can tell you that without even looking at a link...

As for your fiancee and the whole Catcen thing - I am not touching that with a ten foot pole. Do I believe your life together would be better if both of you believed - yes. However, I also think you will now have someone you care about very much probably praying for your eternal soul - how is that bad? it'll be harder on her than on you to be honest, imo, but not impossible or terrible. Paul even mentions a similar instance in the NT (although the people were already married).

Anyhoo I forget what my point was now.....

Good luck on your new marriage. Btw, pick up one of those books I recomended to Horm. They really are extremely good ones.

I think I mentioned I would write more on love later but I am getting tired, and I've written it before. Suffice it to say that I believe that with God as a foundation, your love can be ever flowing, and you can choose to be the right kind of spouse because all of your needs have already been met by God. You will always be perfectly loved by him, accepted, held up, never alone... I could go on and on...... With that as your foundation, its harder to mess things up so completely that divorce is the only option. JUst as many American Christians get divprced as non-believers, so it isn't going to church that qualifies you, its the relationship with God. That's my belief.

Do I think others are crazy and stupid not to believe this? No. I know it takes time and each person has their own journey to acceptance or rejection of belief in God. It does sadden me though when I see a hard heart.

So anyhoo, GL. I pray that things do go well for you and your fiancee.
__________________
Luky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:26 PM   #148
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
My issue on sex was it's being put up on a pedestal as some sort of holy act, rather than calling it what it is: an incredibly enjoyable physical activity that, if desired, can result in reproduction. Sex != love.

However, as I said earlier in this thread, don't take that to mean I endorse promiscuity. As a general practice, it is usually far better to limit your sexual activities to those you love, or at least have inclinations in that direction, if for no other reasons than the consequences.

Sex is an animal instinct. So is violence. I keep both of those more primal forces of human nature under control except where appropriate. I'm sure most of us here do the same.

As to marriage/love- I believe I may have wrongfully tied you to Catcen's views due to post sequence- I thought you were supporting his idea that a Christian should not marry a non-Christian. I maintain that idea is total bullshit grounded only in the bigotry of fundamentalism.

If I wrongfully lumped you in with the likes of Catcen, then my apologies. If you support him on that issue, then no apologies whatsoever
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:32 PM   #149
Luky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 287
Tolerance? Please learn the definition of this word before profaning the concept by claiming to follow it.
Not to get off topic...and I know this wasn;t for me but...

Tolerance is not acceptance, Horm.

I can tolerate and love and serve others and not like or agree with what they are doing.

I honestly think that despite what everyone seems to say - if you don't agree with what is accepted and PC, then you am not tolerant.

Off of what you and Cat were discussing, whats your response to teh difference between those two concepts and their relationship?
__________________
Luky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:51 AM   #150
Kerryn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Keren, Naboo
Posts: 1,030
Narrow is the road to life.
Only when you believe your couse is right and refuse to question it. See, I think Lukaria has it right. She has faith but questions when that faith is challenged and she continues to believe because the questions have been given answers she can live with. I lived my life that way too but eventually I decided I wasn't getting the correct answers.

In all my dealings with you, and my review of your dealings with others, you don't do this. You blindly accept what you are told and when your faith is challenged by others, you have no notion whatsoever of how to respond. You don't question that you are wrong and instead announce proudly that those people that questioned you are lost and you are saved, and how the Bible looks upon those people. That's why Lukaria is a Christian and you are just a zealot.

What you completely fail to understand is that using the bible to educate those who don't believe is like me proving dragons exist by quoting parts of a Katherine Kerr novel. You cant use them because the other side sees the evidence as a work of fiction.

And thats what I believe. I think once upon a time a few men got together and seeing the various problems in the world created a book of rules by which men should live their life. They bolstered this with magic tricks and cons but in the end it was all done out of good will. What they could never have understood is that not everybody believes that the rules they lived by were good. What they also could not have understood is that 2000 years later their book would be outdated but looked upon with reverence. Reverence so strong that people like you will think badly of those who don't follow their antiquated rules.

You say that I am negative but in reality I teach very positive things.
You don't teach anyone anything. You preach. If you were teaching people positive things then you wouldnt have dozens of people telling you that your bible-bashing goes too far.

Do you think somehow that some search you do on my posting habits is going to deter me form sharing God's word when others bring it or a moral issue up?
No I don't. I think you have a superiority complex and you enjoy telling others that their choices are wrong. If they uncovered a tomb with a dozen bibles in all with a first page that read "The characters in this book are fictional and any resemblance to any person living or dead is entirely co-incidental" you'd still go around telling others that their way of life was frowned upon by god, or a sham. As to your idea that you should spread the word when people bring a moral issue up the problem their entirely is that what you believe to be a moral issue does not encompass others thoughts.

We have a post about smoking and people are arguing about health and safety and respect of others, and ventilation systems and you're arguing with the bible!!! Smoking is not a moral issue. Blowing smoke in peoples face whilst they're eating only just falls into a moral issue because it's governed by lack fo respect to your fellow me.

Even when I did believe in God I didn't think his word involved telling people that they are wrong, immoral, and looking down on them.

I have explained that I don't hate people or look down on them. I was once lost too.
Prime example matey. You might have been lost but I'm not now nor was I ever. Just because you were lost doesnt mean we all are. You believe that your way of life is the correct one and that every other way is wrong. I cannot comprehend that believing your way of life is right, and others is wrong is anything but looking down on them.

I'm not saying that living life by the bible is wrong. The bible is full of a lot of very positive things by which people can and should live life. Don't commit adultery, don't steal or murder, don't let hate into your heart, show charity, kindness and forgiveness. All these things are good things. To this extent your life mirrors mine. The only point it stops is that you take it one step further.

My fiancee loves me, I love her, we love our kids, and not one being on this planet other then the 4 of us and our cat are effected negatively by this in any way.

You talk about "saved" and "salvation" Tell me what I need saving from! If I'm to be saved from happiness then I'll pass thanks.

I hesitate to mention your last "victims" since I have no wish to refresh your memory so you can continue your crusade but in every case, even when I personally would not have made their life choices, I failed to see how it effected anyone but them.

Your lack of reasoning brings you to the conclusion that I either accept everything people do or I hate them and that just isn't the case. I am capable of loving others and still desiring for them to change their ways and be saved.
Theirs that patronisation once again. I love the people that I do because of the way they act. You love them in spite of the way they act.

It is not judging to say that someone isn't following God's will.
It is judging someone when you tell them their love is wrong, as you have in this post.

I'm pretty much done with you Catcen since I think I'm arguing with an extremist but if one thing can get through to you, it might be this. Your actions on this board have directly contributed to my lack of belief in god and my dislike of religion. I wonder if we'll both burn in hell for that.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.