Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2004, 02:18 PM   #26
Felessan

Originally Posted by Deadscale
The guys (should it be girls breaking the dress code) would be with some hard on for the 8hours they are at school. It might lead to unwanted comments and gestures towards these girls. A portion of these girls just do it to get the attention and are teasing the guys.
Exactly Deadscale...

This is another aspect of the same thing Ive been trying to say.

1) On the one hand you have the articles themselves, they have no place in the school environment.

2) The girls themselves wearing these items are finding out about how they can drive guys crazy and are more than likely striving for attention.

3) Last, but most definately not least...the guys. They will be so wrapped up in the GString or the low riders and their dicks, they wont be able to concentrate on their work.

The common theme here is the distraction brought about by certain items of clothing. These are by no means the only ones, but they represent a significant start.

There are more than enough obstacles these days for young people to get a quality education, I think we should minimize the ones we can.

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:12 PM   #27
Lolanae

This is a summation of the dress code from my Louisiana high school when graduated in 2001:

- Shorts/Skirts had to stop no higher than about 3-4 inches above your knee

- No tolerance for low riding pants

- No obscene shirts

- No spaghetti strap shirts

- No tank tops

And there were other things. The year after I graduated they were talking of expanding the dress code to include things such as no "unusual hair colors." (This would mean all the neon pinks/greens, ect.) They also started talk of uniforms.

I know that the short length rule is what kept MANY girls from even wearing them at all and wore jeans all year. There was only ONE day that you were allowed to break dress code, and that was senior picnic day (and seniors only).

Do I think kids should be allowed to dress the way they want? Yes. But think about it this way. If kids were uniforms, they would all look the same, right? That would cut away half the bullshit in highschools that involve picking on people just because of what they wear. And if you say that it doesn't happen in high school, get a reality check, because it does.
Lolanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:29 PM   #28
Deadscale

The "no unusal hair colors" was enforced in my high school , sent my cousin home after he went with blue hair. Our top scholar had dyed his hair neon/slime green back in jr. high.

I know the elementary schools have uniforms in my town, think even jr. high now.

When you think about it, high school flys by past, so all the restraining there isn't that bad. Now in college, I can wear my shirt that has "fuck" on it
Old 04-25-2004, 05:09 PM   #29
Maximus Faticus

Obscene does not distract me from learning. I am a 35 year old ADULT male. I have learned focus and discipline. These are qualities not learned/obtained by 99% of children who attend school. Any simpleton, I would think, should be able to see this.
Do you by chance have/had any kids in high school? If so do you think they would be distracted?

These are qualities not learned/obtained by 99% of children who attend school. Any simpleton, I would think, should be able to see this.
I'm guessing it's been a very, very long time since you've been to high school. I actually went to a high school with a very lax dress code, for the most part. The only time clothes were distracting was when teachers made a deal about someone breaking the dress code. The teachers made it distracting not the students. The students really didn't care.

You have to realize that if most of the guys sagged their jeans no one would care because it is common, which means it wouldn't be distracting. Same with girls showing a little under-wear.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 06:23 PM   #30
Caelie123

LOL I understand exactly what you're saying Felessan. School is not the place to wear clothes of a distracting nature. What you allow your child to wear to the mall, to the theatre or any other place is not the place of the Government. I don't understand why some of you people are having a hard time grasping his opinion.
Seeing how public school is run by the Government, they have the right to set the rules as they see fit. Don't like the rules, homeschool or private school is the answer for you.
As for people over 20 dressing like this. All I can say is I guess some people thrive on attention and it's not the Governments place to legislate that.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:27 PM   #31
Caelie123

Do you by chance have/had any kids in high school? If so do you think they would be distracted?
Yes, I had two boys in high school. One graduated in 1999 and the other graduated in 2002. Yes, they would be distracted by girls with low cut pants with their thong showing. Hell, my son is now 23 and still gets distracted when his wife wears low cut jeans with her thong showing. They got distracted by girls wearing tank tops. They're red blooded American boys with hormones raging. Aren't you Max?
Old 04-25-2004, 07:19 PM   #32
Felessan

My oldest started High School this year. This has zero bearing on anything, as far as Im concerned.

Old 04-25-2004, 07:47 PM   #33
Lolanae

/em thinks Fele is an ole fart!

/em runs and hides

All kidding aside, I have to agree with Fele, what does having kids in high school have to do with this? I agree that government trying to control mall/night club fashion is extreme, but controlling it in schools is perfectly viable. Coming from someone not far removed from high school, I can see the government's point on uniforms, ect.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:05 PM   #34
Felessan

/em grips Lola's exposed thong and gives her the patented Ginsu Atomic Wedgie

/em loves it when Lola moans that way...

/em runs and hides...

Old 04-25-2004, 10:20 PM   #35
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
One could play Devil's advocate here and claim that seeing thong underwear in high school is part of the learning environment. After all, you have to learn how to respond appropriately to a controversial situation, so that by the time you are 35 years old, you've had that experience to guide you. Just because something's available to you doesn't mean that you could or should take/react to it.

The above statement doesn't really change the fact that I think dress code restrictions are appropriate in public schools. I'm just being difficult for the sake of being difficult.

Shocking, huh?
Old 04-25-2004, 11:07 PM   #36
Deadscale

You mean we aren't supposed to jump on that hot piece of ass at 35?!
Old 04-25-2004, 11:31 PM   #37
MoggeTreestump

Default Hell yes it is/was distracting

I remember clearly being distracted by suggestive clothing. There was a girl I went to high school with(we're still good friends). She came into school one day wearing skin tight cotton top and bottom with no bra or panties(if she had them the lines were well hidden).

As you can imagine I didn't think of much else the rest of that day and possibly for days after(I had a big crush on her). It was a huge distraction.

I have a daughter, almost 6, and I hope there is some kind of dress code for her when she attends high school. There's no way in hell she'll be dressing like a hoochie and I really don't want her treated different because she's dressed to learn and not to distract.

On the other hand I was distracted by girls in big loose fitting sweaters when they leaned back. In the end a teenage boy is going to get distracted, but encouraging it in school(by allowing such underwear showing) isn't condusive to learning.
MoggeTreestump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:32 AM   #38
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Wow, Max, you're really reaching here. Were you never a teenager? I don't know about you, but when I was in high school, it didn't take much to distract me when it came to the opposite sex. The more skin shown, the bigger the distraction. Who knows, maybe your hormones were dormant, or maybe you didn't like girls?

I agree that this particular fashion statement has no place in schools. Other than that, I really don't see anything all that indecent about it. Never could stand the whole "pants hanging off the ass exposing boxers" kind of thing on guys, but that's just me.

I'll have to look for it when I get home, but I read an article about people having plastic surgery to "lower" their butt crack so they could wear the really low hip-huggers. Friggin unreal what people will do these days.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:50 AM   #39
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
I live in Louisiana and oddly enough I kinda support this. Let me give you a little anecdote, a true one, about why I support it.

About a year ago before I got divorced my wife and son and I were walking through a local mall, St. Vincents for those of you in the know..and I observed a group of you black men walking towards us..probably about mid to late teens..about 5 of them. Four of them were wearing their jeans so low they could honestly barely walk. All you could see was their boxers. One of the men was wearing his jeans literally around the middle of his thighs and you very easily see his penis moving around as he struggled to walk. It was flapping back and forth behind his peehole in his boxers plain as day. It was a fairly vulgar display that I don't think anyone should be forced to look at. If you cant control you clothes..and don't wish to hide your sexual organs in public..you should be arrested and fined.

I'm usually not one for limiting what people wear, but this went way over the line. I don't want to have to see another man's/boys Johnson in public where ever I go. Pretty simple actually.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:10 AM   #40
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Believe me, high schoolers don't need suggestive clothing to get obscene thoughts.

Unless you go with some sort of ultra-Puritan uniform (far more strict than any school uniform public schools use), this is going to affect nothing. Other than making kids feel mopre resentment for not being able to express themselves.

No matter that it's a moot point, since the girls are going to get attention, thong or not. No matter that, as far as "expression" goes it's pretty stupid. It still will foster an air of resentment, because it's a freedom kids once had that they are going to lose. Principle, you see. A waste of time that only will make high schoolers feel even more oppressed (even if they really aren't).

It's a lot of effort for ultimately no positive result.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:11 AM   #41
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

It still will foster an air of resentment, because it's a freedom kids once had that they are going to lose.
Well, while this is probably what most kids will perceive, I'd have to disagree with that statement. If it's considered a "freedom" to wear your clothes in ways other than they were intended (jeans were meant to be worn around the waist, not the ass), where do we draw the line? When they start wearing their shirts around their waist? Personally, I think the line should be drawn when underwear starts to become outerwear, at least where the schools and the workplace are concerned. Sure, boys will be distracted by girls, but the more you allow, the more fuel gets added to the fire.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:59 AM   #42
Maximus Faticus

Wow, Max, you're really reaching here. Were you never a teenager? I don't know about you, but when I was in high school, it didn't take much to distract me when it came to the opposite sex. The more skin shown, the bigger the distraction. Who knows, maybe your hormones were dormant, or maybe you didn't like girls?
As I said I came from a school with a lax dress code. You got used to seeing hip huggers, short shorts and tight shirts. If you're used to seeing something it no longer becomes a distraction.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:04 AM   #43
Valleycrest
Defrocked Irish priest

I don't want to have to see another man's/boys Johnson in public where ever I go.
Yeah, but for the chance to see a nice hot pink thong, you don't think it's worth it to have endure this? Just look away.
Valleycrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:15 AM   #44
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

/agree Valleycrest

Besides- why are you staring at other men's crotches? Personally my eyeballs don't generally aim at other men's packages very often. Different strokes for "different" folks I guess, eh?
Old 04-26-2004, 10:39 AM   #45
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Sorry if I don't take morality lessons from a man who gets his jollies looking at teenage girl's underwear.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:45 AM   #46
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

And remember we are the same state that gave teen queen hip hugger Britney Spears to the world. I guess the author wasn't able to get backstage at one of her concerts.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 01:34 PM   #47
Lolanae

And Burbon street mid Mardi Gras celebration lol. Silly thing, Jefferson Parish is home to New Orleans.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:48 PM   #48
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

LMAO this is to funny. I'll bet some mayor somewhere in the 50's went
nuts about "young people" wearing cigarette packs in their sleeves.
Or in the 20's when young women wore skirts up to the bottom
of their butt cheeks.

And the last thing you want to see is a refrigerator repairman with a
crack high enough that a flood could not reach.

I have hardly an opinion other then anybody "Lawmaker" in any legal position should
get over other peoples children and their coolness crap.

Lawmakers make law according to the people they serve. Not their own
screwed up opinion or agenda. Bah! This guy was probably unpopular in school.
Someone should send him a pair of bell-bottoms..

God Bless America
God Bless our Troops
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 02:55 PM   #49
Deadscale

Originally Posted by Zolmaz
young women wore skirts up to the bottom of their butt cheeks
Looking at that right now in the library
Old 04-26-2004, 03:08 PM   #50
Gaton

I'm 23. I'm a grad student. To this day i'm easily distracted by thongs. Granted it doesn't take much to distract me, but i have no doubts there's a direct relationship between the number of thongs in my classes and how much information i learn. Of course the idea of putting every girl around me in a catholic school girl skirt doesn't really help things either.

Gaton
Gaton is offline   Reply With Quote