Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2004, 09:21 PM   #1
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Default Louisiana, what the fuck!

Haha- your state sucks
http://www.boston.com/news/odd/artic...w_slung_pants/
Old 04-24-2004, 09:27 PM   #2
Azraelwrath

Puritan laws.

The only time I see g-strings is when people are sitting down or something hunched over.

The only people that wear their pants really low and show their butt cracks are old men. I've seen quite a few getting off the bus and it wasn't the prettiest of sights.
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.

Last edited by Azraelwrath; 04-24-2004 at 09:36 PM.
Azraelwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 09:29 PM   #3
Deadscale

Damn...

And they blame it on the parents haha. Most of the time I see it are on college students or out of high schoolish type people. I can assure you that not one girl in my old high school had her thong showing. If they did, she was sent to the office and asked to go home change or don't come back (same with guys).
----
I first thought that some mutated gator was found there after seeing the Hulk advertised on banners on that site
Old 04-25-2004, 04:11 AM   #4
Caelie123

It wouldn't bother me. Nothing worse than some guy "saggin" with his pants buttoned below his ass. We battled with our 2 boys with this all thru high school. For some reason they felt the need for the crotch of their pants to hang around their knees. With enough threatening from my husband to go to school with them dressed in some bazaar wear and walk them from class to class, we compromised with what they called "slouchy prep" meaning they could sag a little with the shirt tucked in and a belt worn.

Now you have the girls wearing low cut jeans with their thong showing and a short top.

I too believe it's the place of the parents and not the Government to control this, but you got too many parents that go to work before their kids leave for school and you got too many liberal parents that see nothing wrong with the distraction.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:19 AM   #5
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
Or parents who understand the fact that there's nothing unusually distracting about it and it's just a bunch of uptight old people who are afraid of their own underwear.

Guys are going to look at girls. Girls are going to look at guys. Life goes on.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:21 AM   #6
Felessan

What is the problem?

School is for learning information from teachers and books. That is why it is called learning. It is not a meat market, nor a place to show off the latest fashion. Distractions abound in school, without having this one too.

Im not real big on the government regulating stupid shit, but in this case...school...knock yourself out. An easier way would be just to have a uniform dress code. Fixes this problem.

Was this an attempt to dig at myself, Flub, and Trech? Not really your style if it was, Horma. Better luck next time.

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:41 AM   #7
Maximus Faticus

You are a sorry SOB if you can't learn anything because someone is wearing some sort of obscene clothing.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:54 AM   #8
Felessan

I agree, Max...but then why have it there in the first place. School is for learning. Making the learning environment, more conducive to learning is what is important, IMO.

Old 04-25-2004, 07:18 AM   #9
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Felessan
Was this an attempt to dig at myself, Flub, and Trech?
I didn't know you were from LA also Felessan (or I'd forgotten if you'd ever said here). But yes, this was a lighthearted jab at Flub, Trith and Trech

However, Felessan and a few of you failed to read the story. This is not a regulation set to go in effect purely at the schools- this would affect the entire population. 23 year old girls going out to the clubs would not be allowed to show a little thong over their low-slung hip-huggers. This is a law for the general public, not just public schoolchildren.

It means, as the rep from the ACLU was quoted about, that plumbers will no longer be allowed to let the waistband of their BVDs show when working under the sink.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:22 AM   #10
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

A more informative article about this from the Times-Picayune: http://www.nola.com/search/index.ssf...41180.xml?nola

And the bozo sponsoring the bill is a Democrat, just fyi.

Edit: PRICELESS quote hehe

Originally Posted by Derrick Shepard, professional retard
"Hopefully, if we pull up their pants, we can lift their minds while we're at it."
Old 04-25-2004, 07:29 AM   #11
Felessan

Lol, Horma...it's cool. LA can be such a backwater, sometimes. I love it though.

You're correct, I misread it as being for school's and such. Gov't had no right to stick their nose into the pants of adults. Just my $.02

Ill be writing my representative. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 04-25-2004, 07:53 AM   #12
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
I just can't believe that the state that produced Britney Spears is now going to turn on her like that. What's a 22 (?) year old pop star to do if she can't show off her underpants?

I can see having it written into the school dress code, but making it law seems a bit harsh. If they insist on having a law, it should be enforced, at the most, in public areas. For instance, "no thongs on any public roadway, walkway, park, sidewalk, etc." would work. Let Wal-Mart and the bank and the local diner set their own "no shirt, no shoes, no shirt"-type policy for their customers.

Having the state mandate what a consenting adult can wear or do to their bodies is just a bit too stringent. Much like the body piercing thread from a month-or-so back, I don't feel like it should be within the government's control. It's a personal integrity issue, or a control issue that should be addressed by individual businesses, municipalities, etc.

Doesn't the state legislature have better things to do than regulating underwear?
Old 04-25-2004, 07:58 AM   #13
Maximus Faticus

I agree, Max...but then why have it there in the first place.
Freedom of expression. Why regulate and take away civil liberties when it isn't warranted? I pretty sure this has to do with religion.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:01 AM   #14
Maximus Faticus

I just can't believe that the state that produced Britney Spears is now going to turn on her like that.
Not to mention Mardi Gras!
Old 04-25-2004, 08:03 AM   #15
korast

Id say its extremely likely a court will uphold this law. Difining obsenity has always been a tricky point for courts, so they usually defer for local people to make the call on what is "obsene".
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:34 AM   #16
Felessan

Originally Posted by Maximus Faticus
Freedom of expression. Why regulate and take away civil liberties when it isn't warranted? I pretty sure this has to do with religion.
Strictly confined to school aged children...yes children. The exposure of ass or thong, has no place in a learning environment. Call me old fashioned, but I think school is for getting an education, not for hooking up or advertising your sex.

Old 04-25-2004, 09:45 AM   #17
Lolanae

Being from Louisiana myself (same city as Trith and company), I have to say this does not surprise me, ONE bit. I mean hell, we still have Napoleanonic (sp?) code on the law books.
Lolanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 09:47 AM   #18
Deadscale

Originally Posted by Felessan
Call me old fashioned, but I think school is for getting an education, not for hooking up or advertising your sex.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:34 AM   #19
Maximus Faticus

The exposure of ass or thong, has no place in a learning environment.
Why?
Old 04-25-2004, 11:36 AM   #20
Felessan

Because it is a school, not a nightclub. Because theyre "children", not adults. Because you can do a thing...doesn't mean you should.

Old 04-25-2004, 12:04 PM   #21
Maximus Faticus

You can go to a mall and see a little ass exposer and thongs, does that constitute malls as nightclubs too?

Your just because I don't like it is a pretty poor answer.

Honestly I think there are only 2 reasons to be against this.

1. For religious people it is a sin to think impure thoughts of another woman when your married. So you want to eliminate the chance of that happening by imposing your selfish will on other individuals.

2. You are embarrassed because you don't like the chance of getting a little wood from seeing a 16 year old girl with her thong showing. So you want to eliminate the chance of that happening by imposing your selfish will on other individuals.

Since kids have little rights and little say it makes it easier.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:18 PM   #22
Felessan

Max...

I stand by my initial statement. For SCHOOLS ONLY! Hear me that time?!? I never said the mall.

Low ride jeans/exposed thongs have no place in the classroom. Simple as that. There is no way you could justify that to me...or any sensible person, I would say. Schools are centers for learning.

I did not say just because...I stated it is not conducive to a school/learning environment. Just because is a bastion for the simple minded and your 16 yr olds.

What is this little rights/say bullshit? They're children/kids. They have the rights given to them by their parents. If the parents are not being "parents" then someone has to. Parents who let their daughters wear crap like that to school need some help.

I dont know about you but I'm able to control my Libido...16yr olds dont get my wood to shiver. Unless your under 18, prolly shouldnt do it to you either.

Old 04-25-2004, 12:39 PM   #23
Maximus Faticus

I stand by my initial statement. For SCHOOLS ONLY! Hear me that time?!? I never said the mall.
You said that a little ass exposer and thongs makes schools like a nightclub. I pointed out that malls are aready like that and no one considers them nightclubs. Therefore no one will consider schools as nightclubs.
Low ride jeans/exposed thongs have no place in the classroom. Simple as that. There is no way you could justify that to me...or any sensible person, I would say. Schools are centers for learning.
You said that obsene clothing wouldn't distract you. (unless you consider yourself a sorry SOB) So I don't see how letting kids wear what they want would change schools from something other then a place of learning. So how exactly would it change?
Old 04-25-2004, 12:55 PM   #24
Deadscale

Originally Posted by Maximus
You said that obsene clothing wouldn't distract you. (unless you consider yourself a sorry SOB) So I don't see how letting kids wear what they want would change schools from something other then a place of learning. So how exactly would it change?
The guys (should it be girls breaking the dress code) would be with some hard on for the 8hours they are at school. It might lead to unwanted comments and gestures towards these girls. A portion of these girls just do it to get the attention and are teasing the guys.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:12 PM   #25
Felessan

Originally Posted by Maximus Faticus
You said that a little ass exposer and thongs makes schools like a nightclub. I pointed out that malls are aready like that and no one considers them nightclubs. Therefore no one will consider schools as nightclubs.

Ok...for the simple-minded...

Your logic is faulty, lol. What goes in malls, is by no means acceptable in any classroom I ever heard of.

Obscene does not distract me from learning. I am a 35 year old ADULT male. I have learned focus and discipline. These are qualities not learned/obtained by 99% of children who attend school. Any simpleton, I would think, should be able to see this.

I disagree, and more importantly, so have 1000's of schoolboards, across America. Kids should not be allowed to wear just ANYTHING they want to wear. They are kids and are still learning. Conveniently they're already in school for this...the whole learning bit.

I still feel these articles have zero place in school. College, rock and roll...send me pictures if you like. The Mall? Knock yourself out. The nighclub...hell Im there, and will show my appreciation in my own way.

School...nope.