Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2004, 09:08 PM   #1
Deadscale

Default The insurgents of the U.S.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/04/2....ap/index.html

I may not want to be drafted for the military, but this something I would fight for (and plan to do so), crime within the U.S. whether it be drugs, gangs, white-collar crimes, etc.

You'd think there would be a sort of authority (don't think that's even the word) when a kid goes to court for their traffic violations, but no...

A 16-year-old boy was charged Friday with murdering CHP Officer Thomas J. Steiner, 35, of Long Beach, who was shot Wednesday in front of the Pomona South Courthouse where he was to testify in traffic cases.
Raid these s.o.b. gangs.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:57 AM   #2
Felessan

The only thing this will accomplish will be for the fuzz to call "open season" on suspected gang members, during routine traffic stops.

I agree, burn 'em down...

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:31 AM   #3
cnjmorris

Start giving anyone who kills a cop the electric chair... not enough to kill them... just enough that they soil themselves every time they try to go to sleep.

Seriously though, they need to station national guard on street corners and take back the streets. What kind of a system are we in if the law can't operate with a semblance of safety?

Catcen, Level 65 Beastlord.

Newbie for life.
cnjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:30 AM   #4
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I'm not going to defend cop-killing of course, but I'm always perplexed by people's reactions when they realize that- WHOA- being a cop is a dangerous job.

This is why I wouldn't make a good cop though- I'd be way too quick on the trigger due to shit like this. I'd be kicked out or arrested myself within the first month of duty
Old 04-25-2004, 01:29 PM   #5
Deadscale

And when cops do their jobs people are outraged...

My hometown is rather small, cops and people are corrupted, lots of drugs there. This one cop would always do his job, whether it be turning in a 17yr old with drugs, traffic tickets (when these guys really are actually speeding).
I'd always when my friends would be complaining how they were pulled over by this guy when they were going around 70mph in the backstreets. Parents would be complaining about this cop just for doing his job. He is now working 50miles up in the next city.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:14 PM   #6
Gerick

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
I'm not going to defend cop-killing of course, but I'm always perplexed by people's reactions when they realize that- WHOA- being a cop is a dangerous job.

This is why I wouldn't make a good cop though- I'd be way too quick on the trigger due to shit like this. I'd be kicked out or arrested myself within the first month of duty

100% right, i dont care if its a cop, killing is bad to start with, most of these fuckers are illegal aliens anyhow, damn mexican mofia.
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:30 PM   #7
Alauradana

Thought you would enjoy this read. One of our Premiere Civil Rights Activists in Arizona--caught with her pants down smuggling illegal gang members BACK into the US: Also note the quote, "she's not a smuggler, she just takes her job seriously" -- Give me a break!!

http://www.azcentral.com/specials/sp...rrested17.html

Activist accused of smuggling 2 into U.S.
Brothers deported after Phoenix bust

Yvonne Wingett and Daniel Gonzalez
The Arizona Republic
Apr. 17, 2004 12:00 AM

A high-profile Latina activist upset over a series of deportations involving young, undocumented Phoenix residents was caught Thursday trying to smuggle two of them back into the United States from Mexico in the trunk of her car, officials said.

Related
Complete border coverage

Ana Lizabeth Roman de Harvey, 40, of Phoenix, was charged Friday with felony alien smuggling and a misdemeanor charge of conspiracy to make illegal entry, according to Roger Mair, a spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of Customs and Border Protection in Tucson.

She faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine on the felony charge.

"My client has been an upstanding and well-known activist and member of the Phoenix community for many years," Tucson attorney Michael Harwin said in a prepared statement. "My client is confident that the United States District Court and the United States Attorney will treat her fairly."

Ramon de Harvey was upset after a tense meeting with Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon, city officials and other Latino leaders Monday about a March 28 incident in which at least eight juveniles were sent back to Mexico because they could not prove they were living in the United States legally. The students were dropped at the border in Nogales and sent across to Mexico after they were questioned by immigration agents outside a party in the Palomino neighborhood, a largely Mexican immigrant enclave in northeast Phoenix.

Since then, 19 youths, including 14 minors, have been sent back to Mexico after they were found living in Phoenix without papers, said Russell Ahr, a spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Ahr said all of the youths had gang ties and were removed as part of ongoing efforts to deport undocumented gang members.

At Monday's meeting, Roman de Harvey and members of the Hispanic community accused the government of engaging in racial profiling.

"She was highly upset about the continuance of these young men being picked up and deported," said Samuel Esquivel, an acquaintance who attended the meeting. "She asked me if somehow our national LULAC League of United Latin American Citizens) could intervene."

Apparently, he said, she tried to go at it alone.

Mair said Roman de Harvey appeared nervous when she pulled up to the Grand Avenue Port of Entry in Nogales so U.S. Customs officials asked her to pull over so they could inspect her car. When they opened the trunk, they found two brothers, a 20-year-old and a juvenile, Mair said.

The 20-year-old was identified in court papers as Carlos Morales-Vera. He is being held as a material witness. The juvenile was turned over to officials from the Mexican Consulate to be returned to Mexico, Mair said.

Morales-Vera told authorities that he and his brother had been living in Phoenix illegally and had been removed to Mexico on April 10 after being apprehended by immigration agents, according to court papers.

He said Roman de Harvey agreed to let him and his brother hide in the trunk of her car to help them cross into the United States after she brought them clothes in Nogales, according to court papers filed in U.S. District Court in Tucson.

Ramon de Harvey came to the United States illegally in her late teens and became a citizen in 1993. Her work with LULAC and the Phoenix Police Department's Hispanic advisory board has made the native of El Salvador a well-known face in the immigrant community and on the political scene. She has worked to solicit input from the Latino community on public safety issues and to tear down cultural barriers, friends said.

As a former parent liaison for Palomino Elementary, Ramon de Harvey oversaw after-school programs, coordinated volunteers and ensured that kids got home safely. And she taught English to the parents of Palomino students.

"She's not a smuggler," said Salvador Reza, who worked with Ramon on Palomino's day labor center. "She's an activist that takes her job so serious that she's willing to risk it. She gets something into her head, thinks it's for the 'good of the cause' and doesn't care what the consequences are. She follows her heart but just doesn't use her brain."

But Reza believes immigration officials are using gang activity "as a pretext . . . to do raids in the barrio," he said.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:53 PM   #8
Deadscale

I'd so lock that woman up
Old 04-25-2004, 08:00 PM   #9
Gerick

wooooot now if they would do it to peta
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:44 AM   #10
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Anyone that sets out to kill a cop, or anybody for that matter, for no other reason than to kill them, should be publicly hanged. As far as I'm concerned, once you willfully take someone else's life, you've lost any right to be treated as a human being. I guarantee some of those punks would think twice about it, but as a whole, we're too PC to fuckin do it.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:02 AM   #11
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
I guarantee some of those punks would think twice about it, but as a whole, we're too PC to fuckin do it.
What the hell does political correctness have to do with this? Is it suddenly a buzzword, a scapegoat you can pass off the evils of the world on and beat as your straw man?

Not that I necessarily disagree with your point, with a few minor exceptions. You have to prove beyond a shred of doubt the crime was committed (thus, the whole trial-by-jury thing), you have to prove the death was the intended consequence of the actions. If we could be assured of the guilt or innocence of every singtle person beyond any doubt immediately, wouldn't the world be so much easier?

But even one false conviction is too many in my opinion, to abandon the judicial process because you want some sort of brutal vigilante justice.

On a side note, cops do have to know the risk. I won't exonerate cop-killers over any other murderer, of course, but the sheer outrage when a cop is killed stuns me. You don't hear this when it's some homeless guy caught in the crossfire of a gang fight.

It's rather paradoxical if you think about it.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:14 AM   #12
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Everyone knows that being a cop is a hazardous position. I believe the outrage is because criminals are targeting cops. There is a differance between someone dying in crossfire, which is also a terrible thing, and a policeman being shot because some thug wanted to gain a reputation.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:20 AM   #13
Wildane

Well, for the sake of argument, the homeless guy isn't out there every day trying to make your world a safer place to live, either.

I am not suggesting we do away with due process, I just believe the penalty for these crimes should be extremely harsh. Those people need to know that if you commit such a crime and are caught, you are going to fucking pay.
What the hell does political correctness have to do with this? Is it suddenly a buzzword, a scapegoat you can pass off the evils of the world on and beat as your straw man?
Let's try not to get our panties so bunched up over semantics, k? PC, uptight, same fucking thing.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-26-2004, 06:55 AM   #14
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Are people really claiming the penalty isn't harsh for 1st degree murder? Most people found guilty of 1st degree murder get sentences ranging from 50+ years prison to life without possibility of parole to death by execution. Unless you want to turn this into a death penalty discussion, I'd say the penalties are a non-issue.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:03 AM   #15
Flub Man

In most states killing a police officer is an automatic trip to Death Row. I would think Death is a pretty good punishment. Not the on I would give, an hour alone in a jail cell with some of the fallen's brethren, but death does work for me.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-26-2004, 07:03 AM   #16
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
Well, I'm not trying to turn it into a Death penalty discussion..BUT..anyone convicted of first degree murder who is still alive two years later didn't get a harsh enough sentence....
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:04 AM   #17
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Previous post by me...not trech..

/sigh...

ASSHAT!
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:24 AM   #18
Trech

WTF man. Are you sitting in my cubical or what?
Old 04-26-2004, 07:27 AM   #19
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Trith and Trech, I assume you'll be up to my home-state for your nuptials soon?
Old 04-26-2004, 07:30 AM   #20
Flub Man

They prefer to just shack up and live in sin!!

Blankie wants to fly!!! That's Ignorant!!

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-26-2004, 07:32 AM   #21
Trech

Shum On! Oooooh!
Old 04-26-2004, 08:15 AM   #22
Kerryn

Previous post by me...not trech..

/sigh...

ASSHAT!
It was inevitable we were going to agree at least once.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:02 AM   #23
Wildane

Are people really claiming the penalty isn't harsh for 1st degree murder?
Not harsh enough, no. 50 years in jail is exactly 49 years too many. They should be executed, and in view of those who would follow in their footsteps. Spending 50 years with 3 hots and a cot, watching cable TV, most likely celebrated by his inmates for having offed a cop, with fellow gang members who can both protect him and get him pretty much anything he wants, livin' on MY motherfuckin' money is nowhere near harsh enough. Nope, kill him and televise it. Ever hear the phrase "out of sight, out of mind"? Well, when that punk was murdering that officer, chances are he wasn't thinking of the consequences. Well, if he'd seen his boy fry in the chair the night before, you think he'd stll pull that trigger?

Old 04-26-2004, 09:48 AM   #24
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

As far as I'm aware Wildane, capital punishment has never worked effectively as a deterrant. You could certainly argue that death is the best punishment for murder- not saying I agree with it fully, but you could easily go that route. However I don't think the death penalty would deter someone from killing a cop- or anyone for that matter.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:58 AM   #25
Deadscale

I agree it may not deter them from killing cops, but they sure as hell can't enjoy the spotlight when they get out of jail or in jail for killing them if they are executed.