Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2004, 11:46 AM   #1
Alauradana

Default Kerry--what a joke! He is doing the same thing he criticized Bush for!

"He said it would not be made available to the public because Kerry considers it a private medical record."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

Give me a break, they can't find all his medical records, some he won't make public because he considers it private, but it sure was ok to attack Bush for the same thing. My god what a hypocrite this guy is. His former commanding officer is disputing his first Purple Heart because he said he had a wound the size of a fingernail scrape and now conveniently the paperwork is missing? This is pathetic. I am glad the the public can see his true colors. Guess it is different when the shoe is on the other foot.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:57 AM   #2
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

How unsurprising that the same salad tossing lot of conservatives who questioned Max Cleland's duty to country- despite losing 3 limbs in Vietnam- would be attacking veterans again this year.

Warmed my heart to see a big Cadillac today on the way to work with a Veteran's license plate and 2 great big Kerry stickers
Old 04-21-2004, 12:10 PM   #3
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

How surprising the same spitting on soldiers lot of liberals who showed zero respect for the military now all of a sudden respect a confessed war criminal who lied to a Senate commitee, wanted a nuclear freeze during the Cold War and voted down appropriating money to the troops.

Warmed my heart to see a Vietnam Veterans for Bush bumper sticker on a vehicle with Purple Heart license plate on my way to work today.

And for the record. Talking about Cleland's voting recard is not attacking him.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 12:12 PM   #4
Alauradana

Excuse me, it was Kerry's camp who started this--not the GOP. He just doesn't like it now he is in the spotlight. OMG, I just got a hangnail, shouldn't someone be giving me a medal???? He knew how the system worked, I promise you he made sure he got those medals so he could get out. I promise you there were alot more enlisted men who got hurt worse who didn't even get one Purple Heart.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:16 PM   #5
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
As usual..Horm gets PWNED.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 12:40 PM   #6
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

L337spe4k does not become you Trith. Not to mention the fact that I fail to see where I got owned.

The Karl Rove war machine is just now getting up to speed. Surely they wouldn't stoop so low to conduct a survey asking if John Kerry had an illegitimate mixed race child how that would affect the interviewee's opinion of him?

I just hope you bozos can come up with something really good- like that Kerry fought in Vietnam, but gunned down whole platoons of US soldiers, lived on a diet of coat-hanger-aborted Cambodian fetuses, and participated in nightly orgies with Hanoi Jane and half a dozen 10 year old Vietnamese girls. Be creative!

And who spit on soldiers Flub? Surely not me. I wasn't even a twinkle in my parents' eyes during Vietnam.

Alauradana- are you trying to contest Zolmaz' title of "Conservative most afraid of black helicopters"? You honestly think Kerry took shrapnel 3 times in order to get out of the service? You guys really will stoop to anything.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:46 PM   #7
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

As I was just a twinkle in my father's eye, I don't believe I can name everyone of them. But it did happen. Watch some old protest footage. Or ask Vietnam Veterans what it was like for them when they returned. No ticker tape parades for them.

And who questioned Cleland's duty to country? As a proud supporter of the military it was not I.

And if you can generalize, why can't I?

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:11 PM   #8
Alauradana

Alauradana- are you trying to contest Zolmaz' title of "Conservative most afraid of black helicopters"? You honestly think Kerry took shrapnel 3 times in order to get out of the service? You guys really will stoop to anything.

I think Kerry played up his wounds to get the purple hearts, that's what I think. His own commander said his first wound was like a fingernail scrape. If you review the documents posted that are linked on the site above, you will see on the second one, they treated him with bacitracin!! OMG that must have been one hell of a horrific wound, bacitracin no less!!

What is even funnier is a few months back, someone who posted here said he was in Iraq and the cons on this board told him that he was wrong for thinking that because he was in the military that his opinion meant more than anyone elses. That being the case, why do the cons now think that Kerry is a hero for Vietnam? He spent 16 weeks there so he is now an authority on the world? That means there are thousands of authoritative figures in the US, they are in the Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:14 AM   #9
Kerryn

Look, maybe I've misunderstood it but isn't the Purple Heart a medal given for valour and not for getting shot and wounded.

If this guy wasn't a politician for the "other side" not one of you would dare question his efforts. I think it's fucking pathetic that you'd stoop that low.

The same goes for the Kerry supporters who are waffling about how many sorties Bush did or didn't fly. They both served their country, whether they supported the war or not.

Now shut the fuck up, and stop talking like some hardened battle veteran, who knows what they're on about.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 06:24 AM   #10
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Purple Heart is for being wounded in action.

Kerry was awarded a Silver Star, a Bronze Star, and 3 Purple Hearts.

I like snopes.com
Old 04-22-2004, 06:27 AM   #11
bumbleroot

The purple heart is for being wounded in combat.
Regardless of whether Kerry was seriously injured or not, he was injured. That means he put himself in harm's way. People can not distinguish whether a piece of shrapnel is going to do minimal harm or mortal harm when it is flying in the air.
The fact that these wounds were minor means nothing. Many purple hearts are for minor wounds. My father tells me of a roommate of his in Nam who received one because a bomb blasted and he flew out of his bed knocking a glass over and stepping on it.
The fact that Kerry received shrapnel wounds is unchanged. The severity of these wounds doesn't change the fact that he was in harm's way. Once you received 3 purple hearts, you went home. That was the rule. Soldiers when given the chance would jump at the chance of receiving purple hearts, but not many would put themselves in harms way just to receive them. This was not Kerry's making, although he didn't condemn receiving the medals.

I think Kerry played up his wounds to get the purple hearts, that's what I think. His own commander said his first wound was like a fingernail scrape. If you review the documents posted that are linked on the site above, you will see on the second one, they treated him with bacitracin!! OMG that must have been one hell of a horrific wound, bacitracin no less!!
As I stated, shrapnel is shrapnel. Getting hit by it pretty much guaranteed you a purple heart, regardless of the severity of the wound. Kerry was lucky his wounds were minor and not mortal. It really makes no difference whether he played up his wounds or not, they were still received in the same way as others who had died from it. In other words, Kerry stood up to the blasts and the fire.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 06:32 AM   #12
Kerryn

Ok so the guy qualifies then.

One thing that neither of these candidates can be criticised for is the work they have done for their country in military service.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:37 AM   #13
Alauradana

Kerryn, where were you when the cons were running Bush down to the ground? Chastise me for doing what they started? This is all part of their game. I live in an area where there is a lot of retired military. There was quite a stink in our paper from the guys who were in the National Guard during Vietnam when the Dems claimed that they were trying to evade Iraq. The guys who had lost friends over there took it quite hard. It disgusted me then but I didn't see you telling the cons off for that crap so please don't preach to me about knocking Kerry's military past. Obviously you are not aware of how the US military works. Alot of the times whether a soldier gets a medal just depends on if someone puts him in for it. Apparently Kerry was very proactive in making sure he got his medals. His own commanding officer has raised questions of one of his Purple Hearts.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:39 AM   #14
Chiteng
Supporter

I dont think he got owned Trith =) Not even scratched.
According to the Papers here Kerry HAS released his navy records.
So either the papers are wrong, or Ala is wrong.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 06:42 AM   #15
Kerryn

I have no idea where I was when the conservatives were running Bush into the ground, but either way I think it's a bad thing. I suspect however that I was involving myself in a very busy time in my own personal life.

Now if you agree that running Bush into the ground is a bad thing why are you trying the same for John Kerry?

You've gone from being pathetic, to hypocritical and pathetic.