Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2004, 04:09 AM   #1
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Default Kerry Was Lieing!!!

Sorry for the title; I just couldn't resist .

Fellow Vietnam veteran says John Kerry is unfit to be Commander-in-Chief.

I also saw on CNN this morning (OMG, Robin Meade so sexah!) that a former CO of Kerry questioned whether or not he should have received his first purple heart. In my personal opinion, if what O'Neil says is true, Kerry is indeed unfit to be President. He really turned his back on his fellow soldiers and then years later, only when called on it, did he say he was being "a bit excessive". Just more flip-flopping if you ask me. "I'm gonna watch your back, but when I get out, I'm gonna stab you in it!"

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 12:00 PM   #2
Medion Palemoon
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Medion Palemoon
This man tries to say that none of the atrocities Kerry described ever happened. Last time I checked, there was factual evidence of things such as rapes taking place in that time period.

He then asks why Kerry didn't do anything about it. Funny, he asks this ina debate where Kerry IS trying to do something about it.

We're human, and a lot of the military members overseas are just young men. A fellow Marine came back from Iraq a few months ago, and told me of the things he saw/did, including throwing D-sized batteries at children while riding in a HumVee, or blowing up camels with a 50 cal. So, just because I knew of these "atrocities" doesn't mean I could have done anything about it. It happened in IRAQ while I was HERE.

It's just political spin, which both parties are trying to use to their advantage. Both parties know that the smart minority of Americans can sort the BS and vote for their preferred candidate. They're currently targeting the idiot majority that eat this shit up, that's where they have to sway the votes in their favor.
Medion Palemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:37 PM   #3
Wildane

This man tries to say that none of the atrocities Kerry described ever happened.
No, what he is stating is that the atrocities Kerry described his own unit doing are false, not that they didn't happen anywhere in Vietnam.
So, just because I knew of these "atrocities" doesn't mean I could have done anything about it.
You couldn't have informed an officer? I'm not a big fan of being a snitch, but throwing batteries at kids from a moving vehicle is pretty fucked up.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-21-2004, 08:29 PM   #4
bumbleroot

This vet did not serve with Kerry. He came in to Kerry's unit after Kerry served.

John O'Neill, a Houston lawyer who joined the Navy's Coastal Division 11 two months after the future senator left Vietnam.
Kind of hard for him to speak of what Kerry saw since he wasn't there eh?

Got any defense for your propaganda?
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:37 PM   #5
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Your a liar bumbleroot. And you support the lies of your party. (Nambla)

Z..
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:32 AM   #6
Wildane

Got any defense for your propaganda?
Yes, we all know CNN to be nothing but a distributor of propaganda. I'm guessing O'Neil witnessed this same unit in action and saw for himself what they did. But, of course we all know the entire unit did a 180 degree turn after Kerry left

Old 04-22-2004, 04:43 AM   #7
bumbleroot

Yes, we all know CNN to be nothing but a distributor of propaganda.
Hi, my name is Wildane. I use a source to make a point. When someone refutes that source I say the source is bad, but my point remains. See how my argument falls apart as I have NOTHING TO SOURCE IT UPON. See how I start reaching for straws or start saying my argument is merely opinion instead. See how I follow any propaganda that is thrown out there. See how I listen to proven Republican pawns. (Let's not forget that Nixon hired this guy to speak against Kerry).
Remember Wil, you have joined the ranks of many other great conservatives who have YET to provide a source for any of their arguments. And its been over a year since the war started.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:48 AM   #8
Wildane

Hi, my name is bumbleroot. I have no source for my side of the argument, so I just pull it straight from my ass. I refute what I want all day long, but cannot back my position. Instead, I try to avert attention from by bumbling by attacking my opponent. i r smart.

Old 04-22-2004, 04:53 AM   #9
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Bumbleroot
Hi, my name is Wildane. I use a source to make a point. When someone refutes that source I say the source is bad, but my point remains. See how my argument falls apart as I have NOTHING TO SOURCE IT UPON. See how I start reaching for straws or start saying my argument is merely opinion instead. See how I follow any propaganda that is thrown out there. See how I listen to proven Republican pawns. (Let's not forget that Nixon hired this guy to speak against Kerry).
Remember Wil, you have joined the ranks of many other great conservatives who have YET to provide a source for any of their arguments. And its been over a year since the war started.
Muahaha! Pot, Kettle!
Old 04-22-2004, 05:17 AM   #10
Caelie123

That's one of my biggest complaints with this Steam Vent forum. Alot of how we view politics is opinion. Here in this forum opinion doesn't matter. You all want facts. When a link is provided from either side, that's not good enough either and actually it's not.
I have to say that links of quotes from various people thruout the administrations, media etc mean nothing to me and shouldn't mean anything to you all. Once again, what most all of us link as quote's are somebodys opinions and interpretations of how they viewed a particular issue. That doesn't make it a fact either.

I believe in God. I have no real proof that he exhist other than what I read and have been taught all my life. So what! Why should it matter to anybody else why I believe what I do. I'm not going to sit here and try to prove to you people that there is indeed a God.

I could read somewhere that Ron is a jerk. I can reply with "I work with the guy and I know for a fact he's not a jerk". Once again, it's not a fact one way or the other that this Ron guy is a jerk. Me saying he is a ok or bad person because I am around him all the time is still an opinion. It's not fact.

Moral to this story is just because he said or she said and it's in print doesn't make it a fact or proof. When it's all said and done it's still just an opinion.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:43 AM   #11
Veo

Moral to this story is just because he said or she said and it's in print doesn't make it a fact or proof. When it's all said and done it's still just an opinion
And opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one, and it usually stinks.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 07:21 AM   #12
Caelie123

Exactly Veo!