Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2004, 11:39 AM   #26
Azraelwrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 3,102
The sad thing is that Kerryn may be right. Now I wouldn't want John Kerry, the anal licking gigalo to be the president.

On a separate note, I'm sure the baby boomers would want the draft because its, "good for the kids" since they went through it and whatnot.
__________________
SOE Applicant: Here is my resume.
SOE Interviewer: It's half finished.
SOE Applicant: So are your products.
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.
Azraelwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:41 AM   #27
Caelie123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,027
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
And this is yet another thing wrong with the republican party: you honestly don't see any people in need here in the US.
That's not exactly true. We do believe in helping the elderly, the disabled and innocent children born to useless parents.
__________________
Caelie
65 Human Cleric
Caelie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:48 AM   #28
Deadscale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,140
Some babyboomers would reconsider their decision after they find out that there will be less $$ for them in Social Security after the current generation dies The current generation is already outnumbered by the retiring babyboomers.
__________________
I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.
Deadscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 12:32 PM   #29
Gerick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 359
zolspaz get stuffed

not all of us beleave everything can be solved in blood, but its typical for our government(read: president) to throw more money and troops at something to try and make the problem go away.

if anything lets assassinate the leaders of the violence in the middle east, or hire isrial to do it.

im not eleigable for the draft, asma, flat feet caused by weak ankles, but i doesnt mean i fear for my friends and co-workers lives i know not one of them want to fight in a war THEY didnt support, all this fucktard is really saying is that we need to bitch slap america to make them see how bad it is over in iraq, he is just pissed off because everyone isnt doom and gloom and under his knuckle, he has a small penis i am sure.

upset people, people afraid(of the draft) and scared people(terrorist terrorist 9/11 9/11, every speech bush gives) are easy to control, they will except anything to avoid what they fear, such as loosing a rights to "stop terrorists"

its all about fear, control, and moving the sheep into poluted pastures

also notice the chargen here? "compulsory service" in the headlines to make it seem less important to the ignorant, you know if we called shell shock shell shock instead of post tramatic stress i bet a HELL of alot more of our V. vets would have gotten the medical attention they needed.

Last edited by Gerick; 04-21-2004 at 12:39 PM.
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:14 PM   #30
Felessan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,005
"Shell Shock" and PTSD are two entirely conditions.

I too am one of the BTDT (Been There, Done That crew)...Ive said before I agree with Compulsory Service. It doesnt matter the reason....it is my opinion.

The people who need to supply an explanation are the ones who will be tapdancing around the issue in the fall. We'll see.

Lastly...hiring Israel to do anything for us in the Middle East would completely destroy any chance of stability in the region, forever. Take a Pol Sci class.
__________________
Felessan Oakhallow
Ginsu Stalker of Anlah 'Shok
Retired

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"

Last edited by Felessan; 04-21-2004 at 02:43 PM.
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:22 PM   #31
Maximus Faticus
Registered User
 
Maximus Faticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,291
Horma,
I don't see a ton of honor in running oil for a corporation that price gouges the government of the nation you yourself said is so great.
Kuwait was price gouging Halliburton because they knew Halliburton was forced to buy our oil from them.


Flub Man,
And most, not all mind you, of out Founding Father were CHRISTIANS.
Sorry man but you are wrong, thank god.

http://www.dimensional.com/~randl/founders.htm
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:23 PM   #32
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches
 
FanonFaythunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,874
Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
PTSD was referred to as "Shell Shock" for quite a while, and sometimes still is.

There are other conditions that go by that name though, like the temporary loss of hearing and other head trauma resulting from being too close to an explosion, etc.
__________________
Fanon
Pinhead of Whit`s End

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:45 PM   #33
Felessan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,005
From the military standpoint..."Shell Shock" is the intial bone numbing fear that grips a troop new to combat, or one who has lived through a sustained engagement.

PTSD, is a debilitating mental/physical/emotional condition.
__________________
Felessan Oakhallow
Ginsu Stalker of Anlah 'Shok
Retired

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:51 PM   #34
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!
 
Flub Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Geaux Tigers
Posts: 3,327
Originally Posted by Maximus Faticus
Sorry man but you are wrong, thank god.

http://www.dimensional.com/~randl/founders.htm
Really?!?! Then how do you explain these quotes:

John Adams - 'The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were. . . . the general principles of Christianity. . . . I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God; and that those principles of liberty are as unalterable as human nature. '

'Jesus is benevolence personified, an example for all men The Christian religion, in its primitive purity and simplicity, I have entertained for more than sixty years. It is the religion of reason, equity, and love; it is the religion of the head and the heart (Letter to F.A. Van Der Kemp, December 27, 1816).'

In his 1772 work, The Rights of the Colonists, Adams wrote:


  • II. The Rights of the Colonists as Christians.

    The right to freedom being the gift of the Almighty...The rights of the colonists as Christians...may be best understood by reading and carefully studying the institutions of The Great Law Giver and Head of the Christian Church, which are to be found clearly written and promulgated in the New Testament.
From his, Samual Adams, will - 'Principally, and first of all, I resign my soul to the Almighty Being who gave it, and my body I commit to the dust, relying on the merits of Jesus Christ for the pardon of my sins.'

Could go on but there is much more:

Were the Founding Fathers Christians?
__________________
Dirty Ol' Flub <retired>
My Sports Blog

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 03:17 PM   #35
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,932
Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Deists, IM, deists. And firm believers in separation of church and state, hence, you know, that whole clause prohibiting the establishment of a state religion...

Take a few snippets of quotes from an uber-evangelical Christian website if you want, but you aren't going to rewrite history that easily.
__________________
One of the wonders of the world is going down
It's going down I know
It's one of the blunders of the world that no-one cares
No-one cares enough


Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 03:40 PM   #36
Maximus Faticus
Registered User
 
Maximus Faticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,291
John Adams, the country's second president, was drawn to the study of law but faced pressure from his father to become a clergyman. He wrote that he found among the lawyers 'noble and gallant achievments" but among the clergy, the "pretended sanctity of some absolute dunces". Late in life he wrote: "Twenty times in the course of my late reading, have I been upon the point of breaking out, "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it!"

It was during Adam's administration that the Senate ratified the Treaty of Peace and Friendship, which states in Article XI that "the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion."

Last edited by Maximus Faticus; 04-21-2004 at 03:52 PM.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:21 PM   #37
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
Pussy!
Hell i'm 40 and i'll sign up.
Do it then and quit flapping your jaw. And if you are too out of shape and old to serve, go to Iraq and drive a truck helping the war effort over there.

Instead of calling others pussy, why don't you put your money where your mouth is?
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:41 PM   #38
Gerick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 359
do it zol, id love to see someone that love war to go fight one, instead of drinking scotch in the arm chairs.

here is the thing, that fucking piggy on capital hill needs to be shot in the face, twice.

since when did it change from "uncle sam needs YOU" to "you owe us"

that guy is a pussy, he thinks his boy(president) wouldnt get bashed as much if the country thought we were at dire straights, and that a draft would scare the daylights out of people, im sorry if i seem like a coward but that is the worst way and worst reason to start a draft, you start a draft because you dont have enough troops avalible to go to a war (im sorry 3rd world country_01, you have to keep your own peace while we move our boys were they are needed more)

and "citzins need to bear some of the burden and pay a price" WHAT THE FUCK?! did i hear right? hey piggy, we already DID pay the price, its called taxes, it is what pays for your vacation, its what pays for the hot little secretary that sucks your cock(yet you like to go on about sancaty of a man and a woman, but you have stock in fox who runs things like merry a midget, merry the STRAIGHT guy out of the 5 gay ones, merry a man for money)

it just burns my ass that we are being treated like we owe them, when we already payed(and our grand kids will still be paying off the war debt in 2020 if america lasts that long)
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:48 PM   #39
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,932
Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Gerick. Listen.

I know you're "on my side" and all. That's great, good to see that.

But stop posting. Please. Or at least, stop toking up, graduate from whatever school you're in, straighten up the grammar, and act like an adult.

We don't need more idiocy around here; the right-wingers provide enough of that. Do us a favor, and break your keyboard over your knee.

By the time you figure out how to use the Symbol Map to type with your mouse, you should be sober and out buying a new one.
__________________
One of the wonders of the world is going down
It's going down I know
It's one of the blunders of the world that no-one cares
No-one cares enough


Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:58 PM   #40
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Originally Posted by bumbleroot
Do it then and quit flapping your jaw. And if you are too out of shape and old to serve, go to Iraq and drive a truck helping the war effort over there.

Instead of calling others pussy, why don't you put your money where your mouth is?
I'm 40 and cannot join. The min age is 38. Do numbers mean anything to you?

Out of shape. Heh thats a good one. Anytime you're ready bub.




God Bless America
God Bless our American Forces
Zolmaz Zo'Boto (They say, "A turd is worth a thousand words after it spin's through the liberal party)
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:53 PM   #41
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Zolmaz can't join because they don't take retarded hermaphrodites.

Zol, you wouldn't sign up even if you were my age. Hell, in 5 years when you're old enough (since I have never fully bought into the idea that you could possibly be an adult), you still won't join.

So easy to talk like a big man when you aren't eligible. Your sentiments on this subject are nearly as hollow as that tin can on your shoulders. Where was all this "patriotism" during the 20 years you were eligible for enlistment?
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 10:28 PM   #42
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
(1) Zolmaz can't join because they don't take retarded hermaphrodites.

(2) Zol, you wouldn't sign up even if you were my age. Hell, in 5 years when you're old enough (since I have never fully bought into the idea that you could possibly be an adult), you still won't join.

(3) So easy to talk like a big man when you aren't eligible. Your sentiments on this subject are nearly as hollow as that tin can on your shoulders. Where was all this "patriotism" during the 20 years you were eligible for enlistment?
(1) Yes. In fact I am a freek of nature with penis' for fingers, and I ejaculate constantly
from my fingers while serving hamburgers at Mcd's.

(2) You obviously don't understand what you read. Or you just ignore
what you don't understand because you're superior to all humans on earth
and should be selected majority council of the universe. (Psst, see SiFi channel)
They may have job for you.
(btw)-I do what I want because I can afford too. Punk fuck.

(3) Do you own a business? I would suppose that you hate anybody who owns
their own business. Aside from that. You constantly hound me on why i'm not
in the service. Whats holding you back from being in the service>? I know you've
made excuses and talked alot of crap. But When will you understand that I am to old?

My actual point was that if they brought the draft back>, they might accept me.

Why won't you join? Not an American?
If you are an American Hormosexual, I want you to prove it.
And I don't care how. Just prove it!




Z..
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 10:52 PM   #43
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!
 
Flub Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Geaux Tigers
Posts: 3,327
You forgot the last part of the paragraph Max:

Some view this as "a smoking gun" that America was not founded as a Christian nation, while others argue that it was simply a concession to the Muslim nation (when the treaty was renegotiated eight years later, Article XI was dropped).
Ares - You can keep saying they were deists all you want but it is not true. It is a fact that for the most part they were Christians and believed in God. If they were so for the seperation of church and state, why has Congress started every day with a prayer? Why did Washington use a Bible at his Inauguration?
__________________
Dirty Ol' Flub <retired>
My Sports Blog

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:14 PM   #44
Gerick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 359
I am not on anyones side ares, and if the best you can come up with is shitty insults because you think im a bad reflection on you "because im on YOUR side"(how is it yours?) then you need to go get fucked, cause frankly i will say and do as i please.

(maybe getting some action will loosen you up, your as anal as zol and that can not be healthy, take some blood pressure meds and cool it down a little)
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:53 PM   #45
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Originally Posted by Gerick
I am not on anyones side ares, and if the best you can come up with is shitty insults because you think im a bad reflection on you "because im on YOUR side"(how is it yours?) then you need to go get fucked, cause frankly i will say and do as i please.

(maybe getting some action will loosen you up, your as anal as zol and that can not be healthy, take some blood pressure meds and cool it down a little)
Oh look. Another insult from a liberal. Shivver. Despots all over the world
are reading your liberal post. Soon they will ask you to be a dictator of
their animal farm. Gerick.



God Bless America
God Bless our American Forces
GOD BLESS THE FEARFULL MIGHT OF OUR ARMED FORCES
Zolmaz Zo'Boto (Amen)
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 01:06 AM   #46
Gerick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 359
what is a liberal anyhow? some boogy man you repubs use to scare you snotty children?

Billy if you dont brush your teeth the liberals will get ya!

I dont see why you use clasifaction as an insult, its more of a reflection on you and your biased mind set, or does giving labels help you to make sense of your house of cards?
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 01:23 AM   #47
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
Gerick defies political classification. Unless the Conspiracy Theorist have formed their own party.

P.S. I hope the Dolphins pick up a few offensive linemen in the upcoming draft.
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 02:34 AM   #48
Gerick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 359
we will never form a party, we cant trust each other! ah hahah
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:36 AM   #49
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
I'm 40 and cannot join. The min age is 38.
Do like others that are too old to join that want to help the cause. Sign up to help the reconstruction efforts over there.
Z, you have no right to call anyone a pussy if you yourself are unwilling to go there. Either you should apologize or brave up and go there. It can't be that its too hard to go there because of the money situation, because they pay awfully good over there. So what is your excuse? Oh yeah I forgot, you are a Republican. Those are the people that like to talk tough but stand behind the others that actually do the work. You know, the people like Cheney, Bush and Wolfowitz.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 05:55 AM   #50
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Zolmaz, the difference is I have never mouthed off about how much I'd love to sign up. Another difference is I'm not like some of you repugs who try to prop up your own flaccid cocks by ordering better men than you to go die for dubious causes. You constantly talk the talk with no remote chance of walking the walk. That's the difference Zolmaz.

As for owning my own business- no I don't Zol. My fiance does however and I take care of her financial reporting in addition to working my own (albeit crappy) full-time job. I'm hardly an enemy of the American entrepreneur. I don't really see what that has to do with anything though.

It's got nothing to do with you being too old and everything to do with you being a craven blowhard.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.