Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2004, 07:59 AM   #51
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I think it's more than you run your mouth and wag your finger about shit that doesn't concern you Kanjien, and that you know very little about- not the case on this particular segment of the boards- but true elsewhere. I'll leave that alone for here though since it would break with my habit of keeping EQ stuff separate from this board.

I don't think people whose opinions differ from mine are ignorant by definition- I think they're wrong. However, if those opinions are based on ignorance, or are stated in an ignorant fashion, then yes, I damn will call them ignorant. It's a good word and gets under the skin of your average repug/conservative poster, so I use it liberally

Egotistical? I disagree. Absolutely convinced in the merits of my viewpoints? Fuck yeah.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:21 AM   #52
Caelie123

Hey I like that so much, I'll change it around as if you were talking to the conservatives here.

Ignorant? I disagree. Absolutely convinced in the merits of my viewpoints? Hell yeah! (I don't like to use the F word)
Old 04-22-2004, 08:25 AM   #53
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I know you don't Caelie- you're such a proper southern belle
Old 04-22-2004, 08:27 AM   #54
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I'll leave that alone for here though since it would break with my habit of keeping EQ stuff separate from this board.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Marshall Hormadrune Wolfensoul
Proud Lothario of <The Guild of Love>

Liberal Attack Dog
I agree with Hormadrune. His morals are superior to yours.- Kerryn
See! He lies!! Burn Hormadrune to the ground! Kill him!

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:07 AM   #55
Chiteng
Supporter

I am not a democrat Zolmaz. You calling me one, wont make it true.

Gas prices ARE rising. Go look at your nearest corner.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:12 AM   #56
Kanjien

I guess if posting responses to a rants and flames post that is put there for that very purpose is egotistical then you got me. But it is funny how I shouldnt be commenting on things I know very little about but your attack dog is ok doing it. And as for how much I know...you might be surprised...especially in reference to the last little gem in which people were even trying to give you guys the benefit of the doubt that maybe you didnt really know the whole story...but I am through with that thread anyway so we will leave it where it lies.

There is a big difference with being sure and confident in your views...and just discrediting everything that is said that may not fall into alignment with what you think. My views on everything including politics comes from the experiences of my life...something you know little to nothing about...but if I happen to express a view that differs from yours you will discount it as ignorance...which is in and of itself an ignorant action. My views have changed in many ways over my lifetime (Kind of like Kerry's have...but not on a daily basis like his)...some have become more conservative...but a larger majority of them have actually become more liberal as I age. The big thing is I wont discount someone's opinion just because it isnt in line with my current thinking...and I have even been known to adjust my thinking due to something said that I had not seen in that light before.

To resort to namecalling and insults just because your opinion is not shared is a weakness...and evidence of a closed mind...something that liberals have not been known for having.

Anyway...if you ever want to sit down rationally and find out what my opinions really are...you are more than welcome to...I will even buy the beer. Just leave the insults and namecalling for those who are too insecure to know what they really believe.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:25 AM   #57
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

However, if those opinions are based on ignorance, or are stated in an ignorant fashion, then yes, I damn will call them ignorant.
Your problem is that you think ignorance is a bad thing; it's not. Everybody's ignorant. We aren't born omniscient. When you come across someone displaying ignorance, you educate them. That is what an argument is for. It's for people of opposing viewpoints to discuss a topic to try and enlighten each other. If successful, both parties have learned something and have come to some sort of compromise, or they agree to disagree. There is no malice involved.

What breaks down a good argument are people like you. People who can't keep their cool or who confuse ignorance with stupidity and lash out at those he now feels are his inferiors. And what othe purpose do you insult others than to placate your ego? Pull the other one. You're either egotistical or you insult others to try and hurt them, in which case you're an asshole (which, if you're proud of being the latter, you need to grow up).

You know, I like to have arguments with people here, but with you, it's impossible. Your insufferably condescending manner prevents you from keep things civil and turns a good argument into some juvenile "smack" contest.

Now go ahead, tell me I'm a dull-witted clod or that I need to get back to sheep-fucking, or some other colorful jab. Go ahead, prove me right.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:31 AM   #58
Chiteng
Supporter

Actually Wildane, you do a fair share yourself. Just read your own posts.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:40 AM   #59
Wildane

I'll agree that I've had some heated discussions on this board and that I can be insulting, but I am not usually the antagonist, unless it's someone like Horm who, time and time again, has proven they are not deserving of civility.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-22-2004, 09:59 AM   #60
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
like Horm who, time and time again, has proven they are not deserving of civility.
Horm needs to meet Wayne Brady..
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 10:18 AM   #61
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Wildane, we've played this game already. You sit here and poopoo my heated posts when, as Chiteng rightly pointed out, you have done the same thing. This isn't the fucking debate club, cupcake, it's an internet message board. If my calling you an ignorant cum dumpster, or an emasculated shitstain, or other apt descriptive nom du jour makes you go fetal and tear up, I could care less. Despite what you may think, I really don't go out of my way to insult people- if I've insulted you it's because you deserved it.

Civility? Not for a worthless animal like yourself, no, not usually at least. I'll call you on your bullshit, and in colorful terms, whenever I please, much as I expect you should for me. When I deem you worthy of civility you'll get it, until then, eat a dick you pompous windbag and get over yourself. Fucking crybaby, Jesus...
Old 04-22-2004, 10:24 AM   #62
Trith

Did you orgasm as your were typing this Horm...or after?
Old 04-22-2004, 10:32 AM   #63
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I'm saving myself for you Trith
Old 04-22-2004, 10:47 AM   #64
Trith

/flee
Old 04-22-2004, 10:50 AM   #65
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Oh don't run away now after you got me all worked up
Old 04-22-2004, 10:51 AM   #66
Wildane

I love it when I'm right.
You sit here and poopoo my heated posts when, as Chiteng rightly pointed out, you have done the same thing.
Wrong. I don't insult people simply for disagreeing with me, I insult them when they deserve it (usually after they've insulted me or someone else). Why you still can't see the difference, I don't know.
This isn't the fucking debate club, cupcake, it's an internet message board.
Oh, I see, the environment dictates your actions. Because this is an internet message board, you don't feel it necessary to treat people with respect. Wow, how incredibly weak-willed. I choose to take responsibility for my own actions, not blame them on my surroundings.
Despite what you may think, I really don't go out of my way to insult people
Bullshit. What I think has nothing to do with it, it's what I, and everyone else, has seen.

You know, you're really the poster child for why parent's shouldn't spare the rod. Maybe if your parents had the balls to discipline you like they should, you wouldn't be such a spoiled, little brat. But you are right in one thing, you are perfectly free to be a complete asshole to everyone and everything. I'm sure your folks are proud, although if they had any sense they'd have given you up for the lost cause you are.

Old 04-22-2004, 11:20 AM   #67
Wildane

PS - if my wanting people to treat each other better makes me a cry-baby, then WAA, motherfucker.

Old 04-22-2004, 11:22 AM   #68
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

/sigh Post disection is such a tedious game. Alas...

Originally Posted by SadClown
I love it when I'm right.
When would that be?
Wrong. I don't insult people simply for disagreeing with me, I insult them when they deserve it (usually after they've insulted me or someone else). Why you still can't see the difference, I don't know.
Why can't you see that the drivel you post up here does insult me? The difference is I don't whine like a fucking 3 year old that "Soandso called me a buttface!" I maintain, if I am insulting you on these boards it's because you deserved it. Like in these posts for instance, you're being a retard and I am calling you on it. It's quite an easy concept to grasp- even for a simpleton like yourself.
Oh, I see, the environment dictates your actions. Because this is an internet message board, you don't feel it necessary to treat people with respect. Wow, how incredibly weak-willed. I choose to take responsibility for my own actions, not blame them on my surroundings.
What have I blamed on my surroundings? You take exception to my use of strong language and I tell you that the medium through which we're communicating is quite different from the form of communication that you seem to want here. Grow up Wildane. I know you have a pair of big boy pants somewhere- put them on.
Bullshit. What I think has nothing to do with it, it's what I, and everyone else, has seen.
Haven't we gone over this a few times already? Keep up- if I insulted you it's because you brought it on yourself. I'm not actively hunting you down to pick on you- I call you on your bullshit using the flowery prose for which you love me.
You know, you're really the poster child for why parent's shouldn't spare the rod. Maybe if your parents had the balls to discipline you like they should, you wouldn't be such a spoiled, little brat. But you are right in one thing, you are perfectly free to be a complete asshole to everyone and everything. I'm sure your folks are proud, although if they had any sense they'd have given you up for the lost cause you are.
Ah, you were a victim of child-abuse and thus you think that others should be subject to the same treatment. That makes me a sad panda Much as the thought of Mr. Wildane putting belt to your ass for being a useless little fuckup warms my heart, I hate to see any children get abused, even if it's you.

What's truly sad though, is that after all the physical and emotional abuse you have clearly been through, you have such feelings of worthlessness. I'm an asshole to you Wildane, not everyone and everything. You're one of the special ones. So chin up cupcake- you're gonna make it after all
Old 04-22-2004, 12:33 PM   #69
Wildane

Why can't you see that the drivel you post up here does insult me? The difference is I don't whine like a fucking 3 year old that "Soandso called me a buttface!" I maintain, if I am insulting you on these boards it's because you deserved it. Like in these posts for instance, you're being a retard and I am calling you on it.
What you don't seem to get is that I'm not talking about just me. Everyone that disagrees with you gets treated like dog shit. You can insult me all fucking day for all I care. I don't point it out because it bothers me to be insulted, I do it to point out your deficiencies. What bothers me is there are people in the world who get off on hurting others.
Much as the thought of Mr. Wildane putting belt to your ass for being a useless little fuckup warms my heart, I hate to see any children get abused, even if it's you.
Now that explains a LOT. No wonder you're such a fucking brat if you see spanking a child as abuse. I've seen six-year-olds telling teachers to fuck off. They know that the teacher can't do a damn thing about it. Children need to know that their actions can have serious consequences, and sitting in time out just don't cut it.

But, that's enough. Now I know why you're such a prick, and why you'll continue to be a prick, and why your children will be pricks. I feel sorry for you; you just don't know any better. Well, I'm done wasting my time with you, as you've shown no signs that you are capable of rational conversation.

Old 04-22-2004, 12:48 PM   #70
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I'm capable of rational conversations with rational human beings, not piles of offal who pretend to be the internet morality police.

And we segue to...

Funny that I'm the "asshole" yet you're the one who is such a shitbag that you openly advocate violence against children. "The rod" you talked of...what a big man you must be to call for taking the "the rod" to kids. Let me guess- you're in favor of husbands taking "the rod" to their wives when they get out of line too? After all, violence is such a good teaching tool

Anyway, I'm sorry you're done here. We have such a friendly repoire Wildane. I'll miss you
Old 04-22-2004, 02:21 PM   #71
Trith

Why don't you two kiss, make up, and take the "rod" to each other..

/shameless
Old 04-22-2004, 02:29 PM   #72
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Like I said, Trith, I'm saving my rod for you. Wildane can clean up the mess afterwards