Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2004, 05:53 PM   #26
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Originally Posted by Chiteng
No Chuk, the country is NOT strong right now AND Bush isnt providing solutions either.

There are problems with no solutions.
Wrong.

The country is strong, and Bush is the solution.


Chiteng, Ignore all the history you want, but stop wanting everything now.
Now is not Now in world events. If you don't understand the concept "patient",
maybe you will when your 60. If there's an ounce of hope left in you.



God Bless America
God Bless our Troops
Zolmaz Zo'Boto (Once I was retarded, but now I'm um, an ass?)
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:40 PM   #27
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,932
Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
This really is an election that will be decided by the most centrist 10 percent or so of the voting population. Bush is so repulsive to anyone who leans to the Dem side- even a little- that they will vote Kerry. Likewise, Kerry is so repulsive to anyone who leans to the repug side- even a little- that they will vote Bush. It will be those weaklings in the middle who get to elect the president this time- not me, not Trith, not Ares, not Caelie.
Sad to say Horm, but I may not be voting this year. Not that I've really been given a reason to yet; I've stated before that I'd like one good reason other than "To get Bush out of office" to cast my vote. Sort of a matter of principle.

Just be glad very few people in this country actually care about principle, since it's so damned inconvenient. Yeah, I'm weird that way.

Doesn't actually have anything to do with why I may not be voting but... hell, who knows?
__________________
One of the wonders of the world is going down
It's going down I know
It's one of the blunders of the world that no-one cares
No-one cares enough


Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 04:22 AM   #28
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by AresProphet
I've stated before that I'd like one good reason other than "To get Bush out of office" to cast my vote.
Bravo. That is exactly the reason I am not voting. I believe that if you aren't going to vote FOR someone, your vote shouldn't count. We're talking about arguably the most powerful position in the world here; if you don't believe in who you're voting for, stay the fuck home.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:46 AM   #29
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
I'm sorry to hear that Ares (and even Wildane). I disagree strongly about your voting philosophy. I think it's important to vote, even if you're not thrilled about the idea. I've said numerous times that I'm not really big on Kerry: I often may seem to be his biggest backer here, but that's really because I have a compulsion to provide some opposition to the putrid masses of conservatives on these boards That and I'm repulsed by the repug spin machine both here and in other media. Rove & Co. wouldn't know the truth if it was tatooed on the inside of their asses...

I will be voting, and it will be for Kerry. Not voting really is voting for Bush- as is the case in most elections where there is an incumbent- I know you're being an idealist here, but step back and take a pragmatic look at the process and the particular dynamics of this year's election and please do reconsider Ares (not you Wildane- you stay home unless you're voting on my side ). Besides, I'm a firm believer in the idea that if you were eligible to vote and did not, then you have little right to complain about the election results
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:56 AM   #30
Kanjien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami
Posts: 509
Now that is something I agree with Horm...if you dont vote...you dont have a right to complain about what happens.
__________________
Kanjien Cheveyo
Knights of the Holy Storm
Kanjien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:57 AM   #31
Martigan
Supporter
 
Martigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Juan Bautista, CA
Posts: 4,459
Send a message via AIM to Martigan
I disagree strongly about your voting philosophy.
I do agree with that statement. I believe you should vote. If you don't vote, don't bitch.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:08 AM   #32
Chiteng
Supporter
 
Chiteng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,240
The country is strong, and Bush is the solution.


Chiteng, Ignore all the history you want, but stop wanting everything now.
Now is not Now in world events. If you don't understand the concept "patient",
maybe you will when your 60. If there's an ounce of hope left in you.
********************************************************

Zolmaz, the day I want your approval is when I am dead.

Yes the country is so strong that rumors of gas price hikes throw the market
into depression. So strong that they cant get enough voulanteers
into the armed forces (cant imagine why)
So strong that known criminals walk the land simply because they have enough money.

I am a historian Zolmaz, and there was a country just like this one.
It was called Rome.
It Fell.
__________________
It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:10 AM   #33
Chiteng
Supporter
 
Chiteng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,240
Bravo. That is exactly the reason I am not voting. I believe that if you aren't going to vote FOR someone, your vote shouldn't count. We're talking about arguably the most powerful position in the world here; if you don't believe in who you're voting for, stay the fuck home.
******************************************************

I believe that Bush is a great evil, and will harm the entire country.
I want to see him defeated.

That is more than good enough reason.
__________________
It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:12 AM   #34
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
I already know that if I don't vote, then I don't have any right to complain about the results. You'll notice you won't find me complaining about our current leader's policies, nor will you hear me whine about who wins in November. Neither candidate has impressed me, so why would I want to endorse their occupation of the White House?
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:22 AM   #35
Chiteng
Supporter
 
Chiteng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,240
Then dont =) We Live in a 'free' country. Even if it is 'freedom to starve'
as a certain Austrian once said.
__________________
It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:25 AM   #36
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!
 
Flub Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Geaux Tigers
Posts: 3,327
We don't live in a 'free country'. We live in a country that gives the illusions of rights and freedom. Just remember, we are always one vote away from losing a right and freedom.

That's why I hate the current 2 party system we have now.
__________________
Dirty Ol' Flub <retired>
My Sports Blog

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:34 AM   #37
Kerryn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Keren, Naboo
Posts: 1,030
You would think Hormadrune would be ok with inbreeding since it ranks right up there with gay lubbin
I've decided you're just too stupid to argue with.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 10:12 AM   #38
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Bah, I missed all the southern conservative histrionics after I dissed on the wasteland below the Mason-Dixon. Typical of all of you of course (and typical of me too for feeling compelled to provoke you- fair is fair ).

I will address Flub's point though- the Bruin's went down faster than a Bush daughter at a frat party, it's true. Glad I'm not a huge hockey fan (hate the neutral zone trap, dump and chase style of the NHL these days and I blame fucking New Jersey for winning so much with it in the early-mid nineties: it works but it's fucking boring) anymore.

And Zelgadis- I can't tell if you're retarded or just trying to antagonize me.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 10:28 AM   #39
Inmountains
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,501
OK, I admit it, in a way, I did vote "for" Clinton since I voted my conscious and voted for Ross Perot. What a concept, to have the big brass ones to vote for Perot instead of Bush and give Clinton the White House. So for you Loonies on the Left, if you agree with Nader more than Kerry, will you vote for who you believe in or will you just "follow the crowd" after some Pied Piper and drown in the river? That's what amazes me about you Horm, sometimes you show sparks of intellect, but then you fall back into the "follow the Pied Piper" syndrome!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 10:33 AM   #40
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Nader's an egotist- don't let his leftist stances get in the way of the real guiding principle of his politics- his noxious, irresponsible narcissism.

Voting on principal's? Sure- do that with local ballot questions. A national level election does not afford you your idealism. Maybe it let you sleep better at night knowing you voted your heart when you voted for Perot, but you did vote for Clinton, like it or not.

Politics and idealism do cross paths at certain points, but some of you are really kidding yourselves. You shouldn't approach the voting booth thinking only of who you'd most like to see in the White House- also think of who you'd *least* like to see there. Voting is a compromise most of the time. Take the rose-colored glasses off and you'd see this.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:44 AM   #41
Trith
The lesser of two weevils
 
Trith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 3,490
Send a message via MSN to Trith
It won't be a compromise at all this November. In fact it's pretty cut and dried. If I vote for Kerry I am dooming the United States to more terrorist attacks, turning over control of national defense to France and the UN, total moral degredation, the highest tax hikes in history, status quo on failing schools.

If I vote for Bush I vote for strong national defense, strong policies against terrorism, autonomous rights to self defense as a nation, lower taxes, and enforced moral responsibilities, and better education.

Where the fuck is the choice you guys are talking about??! There isn't one.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:32 PM   #42
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches
 
FanonFaythunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,874
Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
That's why I hate the current 2 party system we have now.
__________________
Fanon
Pinhead of Whit`s End

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 03:05 PM   #43
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,932
Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
This year my non-voting may be an issue of possibility rather than principle.

In any case there are still six months left for me to get my opinions solidified. To be honest I haven't been following politics the past few months all that closely, life being so busy and all ; mostly just what gets linked on these boards. And that certainly isn't something I feel I can make an informed decision from.
__________________
One of the wonders of the world is going down
It's going down I know
It's one of the blunders of the world that no-one cares
No-one cares enough


Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:13 PM   #44
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Trith, you need to stop huffing glue- it has really fucked up your mental faculties.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:34 PM   #45
Zolmaz Zo'Boto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,040
Originally Posted by Chiteng
Zolmaz, the day I want your approval is when I am dead.
I've never offered any approval for your un-critical thinking methods.
Go roll another one.

Originally Posted by Chiteng
(1) Yes the country is so strong that rumors of gas price hikes throw the
market into depression.

(2) So strong that they cant get enough voulanteers into the armed forces
(cant imagine why)

(3) So strong that known criminals walk the land simply because they have
enough money.
(1) You claim fuel prices rising, a Depression? There you go feeling again.

(2) Brave men are still volunteering for service. We protect our country first.

(3) Criminals? Now you've said Gas, depression, armed forces, to criminals having money
in one paragraph. What exactly is your point that melds these three together?

Originally Posted by Chiteng
I am a historian Zolmaz, and there was a country just like this one.
It was called Rome.
It Fell.
Ahh I see. And you've been reincarnated to warn us. Got it.
Try to make sense. Sense with truth, and not the playbook from the democratic
party brainwashing consortium.




God Bless America
God Bless our Brave American Troops
Zolmaz Zo'Boto (Liberals don't see the color of flowers, they only judge the green shade of the stem)(Tm)

Last edited by Zolmaz Zo'Boto; 04-21-2004 at 07:40 PM.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:19 PM   #46
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
What I do find interesting is the fence sitters that call in to these talk radio shows. I have heard many callers that usually vote democrat, but are scared of Kerry
Gee Caelie, I suppose these Hannity and Rush listeners are truly fence sitters eh? Hardly. Hannity and Rush don't have a lot of fence sitters listening to them. They are on the right end of the spectrum not the middle. Also, they screen their calls to fit their agenda. That is why you don't have a lot of negative fighting against them on their shows. They control the message. And believe me, there is a lot of people that could take them to town and would, but its funny, their shows simply aren't a balanced mix of callers.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 03:13 AM   #47
Kanjien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami
Posts: 509
I agree Bumble...their shows are about as balanced as your posts here are.

And Horm calling someone else egotistical...that one made me laugh...thank you.
__________________
Kanjien Cheveyo
Knights of the Holy Storm
Kanjien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 05:29 AM   #48
Caelie123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,027
I hear alot of non conservatives on those talk shows. Now I admit that Hannity or Rush don't let them do alot of talking, but they do call in and they do voice their opinions.
__________________
Caelie
65 Human Cleric
Caelie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 06:04 AM   #49
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Ah Kanjien, Mssr. Holier-Than-Thou-Messageboard-Pontificator, how, praytell, am I anymore egotistical than you, for instance? You who must have carpel-tunnel syndrome from all the "Tsk tsk" finger wagging you do on these boards.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 07:51 AM   #50
Kanjien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami
Posts: 509
See the difference with me and you Horm...is that I dont try to act as if I know all the answers...and I dont resort to attacks on people who may have a different opinion than I do. You on the other hand feel that anyone who doesn't share your opinions is ignorant. That makes you very egotistical as I see much intelligience in some of the posts on this board...from both sides of the issue. And I have never flamed you or CoI on this board for anything...although I have stated my opinion that most of your troubles here are brought about by the way you respond to the things posted...you are definately your worst enemies when it comes to this board.

And before you get your panties in a wad thinking I only critisize liberals here...I think Zolmaz is a lunatic...and Trith, well though I agree with a lot of things he says...he is just a little too far out there for me.

It always makes me laugh at the people who call me "holier than thou"...I guess that is because I can state my opinions without jumping in the namecalling trenches with you.
__________________
Kanjien Cheveyo
Knights of the Holy Storm
Kanjien is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.