Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2004, 06:58 AM   #1
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Default Bush up in latest polls

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...oll/index.html

Some updated numbers. Kerry needs to step it up.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:39 AM   #2
Caelie123

I heard that on the radio this morning as well. Bush 50%, Kerry 44% and Nadar 6%.
I'm not a big fan of polls, but what surprises me is the 6% or 4% as the article suggest for Nadar.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:45 AM   #3
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Horm, Kerry is boring...and it is sad to say that a lot of people in this country make their decisions based off these type of shallow perceptions. Only if they would think a little deeper and rationalize the things of this generation, Bush's numbers would be much higher.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:55 AM   #4
Caelie123

I know this won't mean much to some of you, but I listen to Rush at work and Hannity on my way home. Like Hormadrune told Nuzum hard core Republicans will vote for Bush and hard core Democrats will vote for Kerry. Sad, but true our minds are made up and there is no changing it.

What I do find interesting is the fence sitters that call in to these talk radio shows. I have heard many callers that usually vote democrat, but are scared of Kerry. I don't pay alot of attention to what hard core liberals or conservatives have to say, but it's interesting to hear what these peoples concerns are.

One thing several fence sitters agreed on the other day was that Ted Kennedy is not doing Kerry any favors.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:17 AM   #5
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

This really is an election that will be decided by the most centrist 10 percent or so of the voting population. Bush is so repulsive to anyone who leans to the Dem side- even a little- that they will vote Kerry. Likewise, Kerry is so repulsive to anyone who leans to the repug side- even a little- that they will vote Bush. It will be those weaklings in the middle who get to elect the president this time- not me, not Trith, not Ares, not Caelie.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:28 AM   #6
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

You dont need a poll to tell you what you can see for yourself. Kerry is not providing solutions to Bush's problems, he has said he still would have waged war in Iraq which doesnt give him an inch with the peaceniks. Bush's ads hammering nonstop that Kerry is for raising the rates of gas, OPEC stating recently they will price oil any way they please. Then you have the fact Kerry is spending very little money on his campaign right now compared to Bush. You have a highly visible incumbent on one hand and a candidate who is barely seen and doesnt really show hes a better choice than the incumbent on the other hand.

The economy is strong right now. cant use that. Kerry agreed on war in Iraq (and still does but in a "different way", whatever that means) cant use that. Hes probably waiting for the late summer when some more "Bush is the devil" spin has built up, then hell crank out the 'i am cool you are not' ads again. and im sure we will see more Heinz On.org err i mean Move On.org ads.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:43 AM   #7
Deadscale

A small portion of voters (can't back it up with facts) when they can't decide who to vote for and aren't really into political things will vote for the better looking. I'm no Brad Pitt, but Kerry just scares me.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:45 AM   #8
Kanjien

I think Kerry has two very large problems he will be hard pressed to overcome. First he is trying to pass himself off as the candidate of the "little man" but all anyone sees is how rich he himself is. Second he has almost zero chance of gaining any support in the southern states. We will see if his campaign advisors can fix either of these problems because I dont think that just bashing Bush is going to win it for him.

just my 2cp
Old 04-20-2004, 08:46 AM   #9
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

The better looking guy (edwards) got blown out by the frankenstein monster(kerry). Looks dont always matter.
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:54 AM   #10
Chiteng
Supporter

No Chuk, the country is NOT strong right now AND Bush isnt providing solutions either.

There are problems with no solutions.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:59 AM   #11
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
There are problems with no solutions.
Welcome to the planet.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:06 AM   #12
Caelie123

I'm just curious as to how Kerry is looking in Florida. I know Gore was running on Clintons following, but I'm not sure how Kerry is fairing in Florida this time around.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:09 AM   #13
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Wait... I thought people on Hormadrune's side of the fence were saying that polls didn't mean anything.

The alchohol is killing me again!

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:15 AM   #14
Lith Ahntalon

Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
As Caelie said, if Kerry want to get a leg up he really has to get rid of Teddy. Ted Kennedy may have a cult of personality up in the north east to help Kerry up there but, having lived in the mid-west and south most of my life good ole Ted is seen as a drunken, priviledged, blow-hard who managed to weasel his way out of the responsibilty for someone else's death, by most people outside of the northeast. Granted, Kerry is most likely to lose the mid-west and south anyway but, Ted's presence secures that loss and if it is a tight race a win in one of these states may very well be the difference. Don't get me wrong, while I disagree with Bush on some issues I like his determination and I hope that drunken ass Ted Kennedy keeps his presence with Kerry, It KILLS A LOT of votes for Kerry.

Ya know, I just had a thought, does good ole Ted want a Vice Presidential running mate slot form Kerry? All this support from Ted seems to suggest this might be the case. Damn I hope he does that would surely kill Kerry's chances of being elected. Just another thought for those interested where have the presidents been from for the past 40 years? A majority of them hailed form the south.

Last edited by Lith Ahntalon; 04-20-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Lith Ahntalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:07 AM   #15
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I like Ted Kennedy- as a politician. But then again, I'm a shameless liberal. However, I'm sure Kerry sees just as clearly as you and I that Uncle Ted would be a horrible choice as Veep- a death sentence for Democratic hopes in this election cycle. Too many people think Chappaquidick first before all the good he has done. I'm not defending the Kopechne case, but I see more to Ted Kennedy than landlocked, soul-less midwesterners and inbred hillbillies see (Don't get me started on regional bias- I'm too good at that game and it brings out a really ugly parochialism in me )

And Zelgadis- you seem to be making a habit of misquoting me. I don't believe I've ever said polls don't matter. In fact, I've argued *for* their relevance. By all means, correct me if I'm wrong

Originally Posted by Zelgadis
I thought people on Hormadrune's side of the fence were saying that polls didn't mean anything.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:46 AM   #16
Caelie123

I could care less about Chappaquidick. It's the sound of Teddy announcing Kerry at the convention, fundraiser or what ever it was that keeps ringing in my ears. He sounded like he should be working for WWF as the announcer. Did you guys see any clips from that? Sounded like a drunk, out of shape wrestling announcer.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:15 AM   #17
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Sounded like a drunk
Because he is 90% of the time.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:25 AM   #18
gojirra monk

Ahh. Good old Ted
gojirra monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:40 AM   #19
Kanjien

You know Horm...sometimes you seem like a fairly intelligent, reasonable person...then you go spouting your arrogant drivel...and I wake up to reality again.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:41 AM   #20
Inmountains

Horm, what do you have against in-breeding? Have you ever tried it?

Oh, and "all the good Teddy Kennedy" has done, hmmm, nothing comes to mind. Just like all the rest of the ruthless Kennedy's who will step on anyone who get's in their way. I guess that is why Old Man Joe sided with Hitler back in the 30's and 40's, documented with film, which I saw on The History Channel. I may not have the quote exact, but it went something like this, "Hitler is right, Democracy as we know it is dead". He believed that the Proletariat should be ruled by the Aristocracy.

Last edited by Inmountains; 04-20-2004 at 12:26 PM.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:41 AM   #21
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Indeed I will correct you as you are wrong, Hormadrune! I never quoted you in this thread regarding the subject of polls!

By all means, correct me if I'm wrong
There, I properly quoted you!

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:01 PM   #22
ShardmoonVer.1

The polls are going to show a steady seperation between Bush and Kerry as long as Iraq and Terrorism are the issues.

If the Democrats want the White House, they need to redefine the debate and bring up other issues.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:01 PM   #23
Lith Ahntalon

Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Come on Horm, we all know you secretly have a frig fully stocked with Bubba Burger and PBR.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:13 PM   #24
Caelie123

You would think Hormadrune would be ok with inbreeding since it ranks right up there with gay lubbin To each his own right Hormadrune? According to you, there's nothing wrong with what two consenting adults find enjoyable. I would have thought you of all people would support inbreeding.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:32 PM   #25
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Ya'll stop picking on Horm. He is probably still upset over the Bruins blowing a 3-1 series lead and being shut out at home in the game 7.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote