Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2004, 04:41 AM   #1
Nuzum

Default Need information

Okay, the election is coming up in november and well

I know what nader stands for and what his platform will consist of.

I know what the liberatarians platform is and what it will consist of.

I know bush's platform and what it will consist of.

All i know about kerry's platform is that he married some slut that married for money, he is a vietnam veteran that denounced his service in the 70's and now wants to prove he never did that. Other than that where the hell does this guy stand on issues, i heard about his 10 million jobs in 4 years but that is some serious crack smoking going on. You democratic types should help me here, I can not pin down one issue this guy has resolved to fix with a solid policy just some blank theories.

"Kitties are the Dion warwicks of the shaman world"
Nuzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 06:22 AM   #2
Caelie123

Wait until Bush and Kerry start having one on one debates Nuzum. That's when you'll find out what Kerry stands for. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Bush will rip him apart and I can't wait.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:37 AM   #3
Inmountains

Here is Kerry's platform.

It doesn't matter who wins as long as Bush doesn't win!!!

Nice, solid, intellectual foundation on which to run. That has been the mantra of nearly every lefty louie and louise on this board.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 06:41 AM   #4
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

If you seriously think MonkeyBoy will stand up to Kerry in a debate you are sorely mistaken Caelie. Thinking on his feet is not something Bush is well known for.

I would be shocked if Bush would agree to a 1 on 1 debate at all really. Have they scheduled any yet?

As to Kerry's platform, go to his website- his ideas are at least as concrete as Bush's platform, though you may disagree in the wisdom of his choices or the feasability of his solutions.

Honestly though Nuzum, why does it matter? You're among the least malleable of the repugs on this board- you're not really interested in what Kerry has to say since there's about as much chance of you voting for Kerry as there is of me voting for Bush on the way home from clubbing baby seals, bombing an abortion clinic, and berating some gay guy for his lifestyle choices. If you're going to criticize Kerry's platform go right ahead, but do your own homework.

Again, for the millionth time, I'm really not a big fan of Kerry's and I'm not going to sit here and be a cheerleader for him. However, I find him infinitely preferable to the shitstain that currently holds the office.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:10 AM   #5
Inmountains

Horm
I am trying to find a baby seal coat for my girlfriend, know where I can get one? It will go great with her leather belt, snake skin boots, tight Calvin Klein denims and lamb skin gloves. We are going out for steak and lobster, with shrimp appetizer and chicken salad.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:35 AM   #6
Caelie123

We'll just have to wait and see won't we Hormadrune.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:38 AM   #7
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Why doesn't Kerry debate himself? After all he has taken both sides of most issues.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:17 AM   #8
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Kerry cannot possibly win in a debate against Bush. You have to have a pulse to debate in the first place so this is over before it even began.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:19 AM   #9
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I'll take Kerry without a pulse over Bush without a brain any day of the week
Old 04-20-2004, 08:28 AM   #10
crimsonedge

Went to Kerrys website and the thing that struck me first was how many times he leads his points with due to Bush's bla bla bla . Its a big mistake in my opinion. He should be leading with things like I strongly support lowering taxes for the middle class, improving schools programs to build the strongest society in the world etc. Instead every point he makes is Bush does this I will do this to counter the evil he is leading us into...
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:35 PM   #11
Alauradana

The only thing Kerry does is bash Bush. Look in the papers, everyday you see, "Kerry blasts Bush on Iraq", "Kerry blames economy on Bush" you never see "Kerry plans to do this" or "Kerry plans to do that". The sad thing is that after all this time he hasn't noticed that all his bashing is losing him support. Who wants someone to run the country who is so pathetic that all they do is point fingers and whine? He is so blinded by hatred that he can't see how he looks to the public. He is going to make Bush a shoo-in in November. I can't wait
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 06:18 PM   #12
Caelie123

Alauradana and Crimsonedge that's what liberals do. They are fault finders and not problem solvers. I don't think I've ever noticed it quite like I have with Howard Dean and John Kerry though. I'm not talking about the moderate democrats. I'm talking about left wing liberals like Kerry and Dean.

My only hope is Kerry keeps on bashing Bush on a regular basis and self destructs like Howard Dean did. He hasn't figured out yet that most Americans could care less about finger pointing. Americans want to hear concrete and obtainable changes to the issues that effect them.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:39 PM   #13
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

/yawn

Same bullshit repug rhetoric you always spew Alauradana, Caelie & Co. You enjoy this portrayal of the left as people without ideas, only complaints, but you choose constantly to ignore the solutions we on the left do provide. /shrug

Old 04-20-2004, 06:42 PM   #14
Flub Man

Was watching Hannity and Colmes tonite and they had a guy who worked in the Sec. of State office during the Clinton administration. He said that when the voters get to know Kerry they will see what he is made of.

Now how long has Kerry been in the Senate? And how long has he been running for the Presidency? How come the people haven't seen what Kerry is made of?

I guess with all the differant John Kerrys it has to be hard for the people to see what he is made of.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-20-2004, 06:47 PM   #15
crimsonedge

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
/yawn

Same bullshit repug rhetoric you always spew Alauradana, Caelie & Co. You enjoy this portrayal of the left as people without ideas, only complaints, but you choose constantly to ignore the solutions we on the left do provide. /shrug

Front page of Kerrys website 2nd line:

No matter where you live, George Bushs all-out assault on our environment

First line of economy platform:

George W Bush has chosen tax cuts for the wealthy and special favors for the special interests over our economic future

Second sentence for education platform:

Geroge Bush.....He stands next to children and teachers for a picture, but he doesnt stand with them when it comes to improving our public schools

First sentence of College affordability:

While George Bush gives tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans, students are struggling to find the support they need to succeed

First sentence of second paragraph on health care:

George Bush has chosen to lavish tax cuts upon the wealthiest among us while working Americans struggle to afford health care for their families

Want me to go on ?
Old 04-20-2004, 06:49 PM   #16
Maximus Faticus

Vote for Kerry if you want someone who will stand up for whatever you believe in. Kerry's unemployment plan is pretty sound too.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:08 PM   #17
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

i think kerry would be a great president in spain. i would prefer that my second grade
teacheer would be better thogh in america.

kerry is a mean mean man. my mom want told me.

Z..
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 12:04 AM   #18
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
When campaigning against an incumbent, it's more about what you can offer as an improvement, than what you can offer as an original platform.

People inherently resist change. The best way to get someone to switch, whether it be the brand of toothpaste they use, the clothes they wear, the cars they drive, or the politicians they vote for, is not just to offer a superior alternative. There is still a laziness factor, a "Why should I change my ways?" to be answered. So you have to show why their ways are flawed.

This is why incumbents are difficult to defeat, because of inherent human inertia.

If Kerry explicitly avoided any reference to Bush in his platform you would be complaining that he isn't giving you a reason to not vote for Bush. Now, that he's railing on Bush you're complaining that he isn't giving you a reason to vote for Kerry.

Hypocrisy ahoy!
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:32 AM   #19
crimsonedge

Fine Ares, offer improvement bash some point out differences. The point I am making is all he does is bash. In speaches and in his platform. Horm said go look at his platform on his website because he couldnt be bothered to point out what Kerry stood for. I did, and constantly found more scare tactics and bashing than anything positive that he could promote of himself.

I see you failed to read the whole thread so you could understand what I was pointing out. Guess you and Kerry are peas in a pod, bash first promote ideas second.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:30 AM   #20
Nuzum

Wow horm,

I'm flattered that you think i'm so great, I really appreciate it.

What I was trying to infer is that why are you democrats and liberals so all hot and spicy over kerry, I can see voting for a candidate on his issues or stance on a subject, but the anti-bush platform is all I could come up with and to me that is the most pathetic platform to be on.

As for the debate, kerry will lose, call bush a no brain moron all you like but who is presisdent right now? and no he didn't get the election tossed to him by the supreme court, follow florida elections since then, they have had 2 and one ws for janet (jackbooted thug) reno for senate and you know what they fucked that up even worse, 1/3 the polls never opened etc.... so go tell you fairy tale somewhere else.

Bush learned from his dad about getting re-elected or how not to get re-elected. He is doing everything his dad didn't.

And finally, NRA voters are a huge block more of them are willing to go out and vote than some crack smoking welfare mom which the democrats are after, at least the republicans are after more intelligent voters than bubba and his baby breeding crack whore.

"Kitties are the Dion warwicks of the shaman world"
Nuzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 04:46 AM   #21
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Nuzum
And finally, NRA voters are a huge block more of them are willing to go out and vote than some crack smoking welfare mom which the democrats are after, at least the republicans are after more intelligent voters than bubba and his baby breeding crack whore.
And this is why I decided not to waste any effort whatsoever digging up links for you. Your "insight" into the democratic platform and campaign strategy shows you're either ignorant, braindead, or malicious. But I say, why pick when you can be all three!!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:47 AM   #22
Flub Man

Then he is the perfect Democratic candidate!!

/flee

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble