Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2004, 10:24 AM   #1
Deadscale

Default Moms are just...

...too much!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/04/18/co....ap/index.html

Sum it up, her son (19yrs) died after drinking at a party and he drove home dead.
Now momma's sueing Coors (what he was drinking at the party) along with his g/f (who's car he drove) and her mom (she bought the car).

Let her son take responsibility! He was drinking and took the risk of driving back drunk, endangering not only himself but others as well. Hell, the mom should pay expenses for the light pole he hit since she is picking off everything.

If a drunk s.o.b. hit me while drunk, I'd beat his ass, worse if I had a passenger(s) with me.

(something else other than Bush/Kerry/WMD/so on )
Old 04-18-2004, 10:57 AM   #2
kanibaal
korpse

I blame Bush, sue him. He planned for that kid to die back in 1995.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:44 AM   #3
Maximus Faticus

Yeah it was Bush's fault for sure. His daughters are setting a bad example when they were caught with a fake ID while trying to buy alcohol. It's promoting underage drinking.

If only Bush would have raised his daughters better this kid wouldn't have wrapped his car around a pole while going 90 mph.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:55 AM   #4
Felessan

All joking aside...Drunk Driving is a horrible crime. It shows a complete disregard for others, a notable selfishness, and lack of self control.

With the amount of programs, both proffessional and social, to prevent drunk driving there is no excuse.

If you know you're going to drink...give the keys to someone else or take a fucking taxi.

As far as this incident is concerned, looks like we were able to strengthen the gene pool, a bit. Luckily he was the only one killed...this time.

Mom is just distraught...confused, but distraught.

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 02:06 PM   #5
raaggee
Banned User

Sounds like she has become a money hungry cunt who wants someone to pay for her stupid fucking sons actions...sorry lady, but it's not anyone's fault but your sons and you are left behind to pay for it in the loss of that son.
raaggee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:00 PM   #6
bumbleroot

Sounds like she has become a money hungry cunt who wants someone to pay for her stupid fucking sons actions
This is utterly ignorant.
This woman has rationalized her son's death in this manner. That is for her to do and not for idiots like you telling her how to deal with the death of her son. Quite frankly, people politicking stuff like this is the problem, not the stuff like this. Whatever happens in this case is none of your fucking business nor is it mine. This is between the two parties.
I personally think this is a lame lawsuit, but she has a right to sue according to the Constitution. If she wins, then Coors must have been someowhat negligent in some manner and she may have been right. If she loses (and I think she will) then she didn't have a case to begin with. Apparently you think she doesn't.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:31 PM   #7
Deadscale

I spend hours a day reading journals online with my laptop, so when the day comes that I need glasses/contacts, I can sue Hewlett-Packard for causing it?

How about some guy shoots me in the stomach, I live, but owe the hospital thousands and thousands of $$$. Can I sue the govt., the Constitution allows us to own guns?

Cases like those should just be thrown out.

People just cannot accept blame for their own actions.

Now if the woman's son was killed by having a stoplight fall ontop of her son's vehicle while driving causing him to ram into the light pole...funeral services won't be cheap. (I think)
Old 04-18-2004, 07:20 PM   #8
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
I'm suing Oreo cookie company for making my ass fat..
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 08:02 PM   #9
Evelle

I don't think she is distraut. In the report he died in 2002. I know grief is a terrible ordeal but it has been 2 years more then enough time to stop blaming anyone other then the 19 year old that made a terrible choice. Walk home, get a taxi, call mommy, call a friend or ask to sleep over there are many many options to driving drunk.

She is just lucky he didn't run down some family in a minivan. He would likely have lived then so he could spend the rest of his life in jail. The story doesn't go into how he got the keys from his girlfriend but if she gave him the keys while he was drunk I can almost see her being sued rightfully. But Coors and the mother that bought the car is a bit much.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:54 PM   #10
ShardmoonVer.1

Court reform.... its not just for breakfast any more. The court system shouldnt be a place where people work through grief via litigation or the current lottery system its turned in to.

See who the Trial Lawyers Association is backing if you want a real eye opener.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:55 PM   #11
bumbleroot

I know grief is a terrible ordeal but it has been 2 years more then enough time to stop blaming anyone other then the 19 year old that made a terrible choice.
Two years is not a long time when grieving. Each person grieves separately and in their own way. Who made you a God and gave you the ability to know what's in this ladies heart? As I said before, its a stupid lawsuit, but its not really an issue that requires public opinion. It is between the two parties and only them.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:07 PM   #12
korast

Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1
Court reform.... its not just for breakfast any more. The court system shouldnt be a place where people work through grief via litigation or the current lottery system its turned in to.

See who the Trial Lawyers Association is backing if you want a real eye opener.
link
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:05 AM   #13
Evelle

Sheesh Bumble it isn't as if that woman is going to come find this board.

This is an opinion based board I posted my opinion. The right to post my opinion was given to me by Oggie when I joined the board, as long as I follow the board rules, not the moral rules that you dictate, I am free to post my opinions...just like you are.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:32 AM   #14
Caelie123

I'm just guessing that this woman has protected her son his whole life. I would be willing to bet that anytime her son got it trouble it was somebody else's fault.
If he got in trouble at school, I am guessing she stormed the principals office demanding to know why her innocent little child was in trouble when it had to be the teacher or some other kids fault.
There are alot of parents out there like that. Their child can do no wrong and most parents that act like this are lacking in the parent department so they blame somebody else.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:36 AM   #15
Deadscale

I killed a man once...but my momma said it was ok, 'cause she could rez him!

Old 04-19-2004, 09:36 AM   #16
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

but its not really an issue that requires public opinion.
Thank you Bumble for letting us know what we can and can't give our opinions on And yes, the matter is so private, that it's on CNN's web site, and we ALL know that whatever they report is none of our fucking business.

Get a grip, fucktard.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:19 PM   #17
kanibaal
korpse

Bumbler, shut up.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:46 PM   #18
Guitarista

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
Quite frankly, people politicking stuff like this is the problem, not the stuff like this. Whatever happens in this case is none of your fucking business nor is it mine. This is between the two parties.
Well, actually it is our "fucking business" (and yours too) - assuming you live in the US as well - and here's why:

1) Court costs and backlogs: Even if the parties involved (sounds like 4 total - Mom, Coors, girlfriend, girlfriend's mother) pay *all* the costs associated with this case, should it ever come to trial, it still represents time taken away from other, possibly more valid litigation, perhaps even impinging on our rights to a speedy trial (though given the civil nature of the suit, this doesn't really come into play).

2) Precedent: This is the real basis of the entire judicial system. What has gone before, what has been ruled before, what has been decided in the past...precedent carries as much weight, if not more in some instances, than statutes. Anything but an absolute dismissal of this case opens the door for yet more of the "He can't be responsible, he died!" cases and cash-grabs.

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
I personally think this is a lame lawsuit, but she has a right to sue according to the Constitution. If she wins, then Coors must have been someowhat negligent in some manner and she may have been right. If she loses (and I think she will) then she didn't have a case to begin with. Apparently you think she doesn't.
Which part of the Bill of Rights covers this sort of lawsuit? The seldom-mentioned "Lawyers are entitled to 33% of any crap they can dream up" rider to the "It's gotta be someone else's fault" Amendment? :-)

- G
Guitarista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:59 PM   #19
raaggee
Banned User

I'm going to sue bumble's mom for giving birth to a fucking retard...see you in court

Raaggee
raaggee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:33 PM   #20
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Drinking is a responsibity for each person. I lost my Brother in law to
DUI and he left 3 children behind. He was 23 and nobody could tell
him anything. He hit a tree with his best friend in the car.
A branch came through the window into his head.
The car had only a scratch. I was 14.

Since then,
I've have a personal rule about Drinking and Driving,
never drive even if I only have a sip. No exceptions.
Cab's take CC's now. Use them both.

It's not myself, it's others who could be hurt. With that,
this little pissant deserved what he got. Death. It's obvious that his mother
thinks her son was the perfect little man. I'll guess he DUI'd alot and his
mother blamed someone for that.

The good news is he didn't take a family of 4 with him.

God Bless America
God Bless our Troops
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:09 PM   #21
Azraelwrath

raaggee hit it on the mark.
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.
Azraelwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:00 AM   #22
Inmountains

Hey Bumbling Idiot, tell you what, I will keep my opinions to myself IF you keep yours to yourself. I believe court reform is LONG over due in this country and should be debated.

What you seem to NOT understand is that when a company is sued, it costs LOTS of money to defend it. The last lawsuit against my company cost me $17,000 for the judge to say "no case, case dismissed". Guess who ends up paying in the long run? That's right, the customer, you and I.

No wonder the kid got drunk and killed himself, he is just as stupid as his mother. It's like the lady who burned herself with McDonald's coffee. Guess what stupid bitch, coffee is served HOT, as if you didn't know. But the jury had to penalize the big, bad, evil corporation, for serving coffee hot. If I were McDonalds, I would start serving ONLY cold coffee, and tell the courts to shove it. But they had to pay the lady as their legal costs to defend that stupid case were already over 1,000,000 dollars.

So Bumble, if you do NOT want to discuss this, don't. But STFU about telling us what we can and cannot discuss here.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:18 PM   #23
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Actually Inmountains, the premise for the hot coffee case was that the coffee was knowingly served by McDonalds at temperatures much higher than they were supposed to; other fast food places did this too. I'm sure that if it had been splashed in a small child's face (by accident) you'd be singing a different tune.

That one, I can reasonably see a grounds for. Not the one in this thread.

The knee-jerk reaction to sue everything that moves is really pathetic. Responsibility doesn't exist anymore; it's "pass the buck" everywhere. The courts, obligated to allow citizens the right to sue, really can't do anything other than make a mockery of the civil judiciary system.

As much as I'd like to see reform I'm not sure how you could do it without hurting the people that have real cases to address.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:44 PM   #24
Hungarr

I think Inmountains was referring to a case where a lady sued McDonald's because the coffee did not have a warning saying the coffee was hot. Think I remember hearing something about that a long time ago. Not sure on the overheating of coffee, but perhaps they are two different cases.
Hungarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 03:09 PM   #25
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
No, it was the same case. I'll look it up if I feel like it, and provide a link.

The lawsuit was filed on grounds that she was burned by unreasonably hot coffee that McDonalds knew was being served at temperatures considerably higher than permitted (by whoever decides that kind of thing). She wouldn't have had a case if McD's didn't do that.

Many people ignore what really happened and just think every stupid-sounding lawsuit is entirely baseless. Often, they aren't. And in fact, a ton of the ones you hear about are urban legends, or hideously exaggerated.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote