Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2004, 02:05 PM   #1
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Default Kerry: "Jon Bon Jovi and I have a lot in common,"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,117338,00.html

Well it looks like Kerry is trying to impress college kids on how 'hip' he is by bringing 'rockers' Bon-Jovi and blink 182 along. Maybe someone should have informed Kerry that Bon Jovi was 'hip' back when Reagan was in office

some humourous Kerry quotes

"Jon Bon Jovi and I have a lot in common," the Democrat said. "He was one of the 50 most beautiful people in People magazine. I read People magazine."

"I fought under that flag and I saw that flag draped over the coffins of friends," Kerry said. "I'm tired of Karl Rove and Dick Cheney and a bunch of people who went out of their way to avoid the chance to serve when they had the chance."
from americas future leaders!
[quote]"The thing about this generation is, we're not stupid, we're just lazy," said Greg Heller-LaBelle, 21, the editor in chief of The Pitt News at the University of Pittsburgh.

"I think they want to be courted," Hickson said. "You can't court an 18- to 25-year-old in the same way you court a 30-year-old or a 40-year-old.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:08 PM   #2
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Jon Bon Jovi and I have a lot in common
Yeah...they both suck!
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:35 PM   #3
bumbleroot

Maybe someone should have informed Kerry that Bon Jovi was 'hip' back when Reagan was in office
Bush and NASCAR isn't political?
I suppose you expect Kerry to wear his baseball hat sidewards and listen to hip-hop?
Why is this even posted here. It has nothing to do with policy or anything real. Image is only important to you cons. Us libs deal with substance. If you plan on making these boards about trivial shit, why not post something on fashion boards or something like that?
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 09:01 PM   #4
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Let me see if i can guess what they have in common....is it..washed up careers?
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 09:53 PM   #5
kanibaal
korpse

boohoo bumbler doesnt like this thread.

it just shows you the type of person Kerry is. he will say and do anything to get your vote.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:07 PM   #6
bumbleroot

Kanibal-
Kerry doesn't say anything to get votes. He doesn't seem to be getting too many of you cons does he?
He is a politician as is Bush. And we all know about how many campaign promises Bush kept.
I think, this thread is stupid because for some reason you idiots think Kerry equates today's kids to Jon Bon Jovi. And for some reason you think this is pertinent to fixing America.
Some people vote based upon who can do the job.
I told my neighbor he wasn't getting my vote for school board because he was void of ideas. Its not about giving people jobs, its about them earning it.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:40 PM   #7
cnjmorris

Not a Kerry supporter, and Bon Jovi was hip way back if at all... but haven't they sold out concerts recently?

Catcen, Level 65 Beastlord.

Newbie for life.
cnjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:52 PM   #8
ShardmoonVer.1

I know alot of women in the mid 30s who are snapping up Bon Jovi tickets. Just because the 16-25 set isnt buying an album doesnt mean the act has lost its popularity.

And in closing, Bon Jovi always sucked.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:33 AM   #9
Maximus Faticus

Bon Jovi has a much hotter wife then Kerry
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 10:12 AM   #10
kanibaal
korpse

Bumbler, you are forgetting that your man(kerry) is the one doing this. We didnt ask him to be a fool and get Bon Jovi to help him win some votes from people who obviously would vote on how 'cool' they feel a candidate is. So back off and look at it or just goto another thread.

Kerry will say and do anything for a vote and it seems his supporters(you) will do the same.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:42 PM   #11
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

I know alot of women in the mid 30s who are snapping up Bon Jovi tickets. Just because the 16-25 set isnt buying an album doesnt mean the act has lost its popularity.
Thats true Shardmoon, but uh how many 30+ women do you think are still students at the University of Pittsburgh?
Old 04-17-2004, 12:53 PM   #12
Ulujain

Originally Posted by kanibaal
boohoo bumbler doesnt like this thread.

it just shows you the type of person Kerry is. he will say and do anything to get your vote.
Kanibaal, show me a politician that doesn't? Exclude all dictators, please.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:14 PM   #13
ShardmoonVer.1

I attend concerts at the Universty of North Florida all the time. Its about 5 miles from my house and on the same street. I am not a woman in my 30s though.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:01 AM   #14
Caoilfhionn
Erotic, exotic & a little psychotic

Send a message via ICQ to Caoilfhionn Send a message via MSN to Caoilfhionn
I'm not a Bon Jovi fan, but they retain their popularity.

They are one of the few remaining...so called 80's bands that continue to sell out no matter where they play. They have somehow managed, where many others failed to shift just enough that they get new fans, and retain their old fans. I'd have to think on it a bit, but AC/DC is another band that comes to mind that continues to play sold out arenas. Well, KISS, but they're more 70's, and KISS fans are deluded. Ozzy, but he's barely more than a corpse propped up for the publicity machine that Sharon runs with an iron fist. (I'm talking America here...overseas, it changes dramatically. There are several bands that are mostly forgotten here that do very well overseas)

Bon Jovi albums do amazingly well. The last one was a piece of complete and utter shit, but they have had top 10 hits in the last few years...It's my life for one, can't think of any others, but I know that one did extremely well. Looked it up Crush went multiplatinum in 2000/2001 and Bounce debuted at #2 in 2002. They still sell.

The scary thing about this is whether or not his fans are 18 or 30 or 45, some of them are RABID. It continues to frighten me that someone would vote based on what their favorite rocker said, regardless of what they personally believed, and personally knowing some of their fans...this is all it will take.

Regardless of who you vote for, I think it's a shame that folks vote without having the slightest bit of knowledge about a candidate except...Jon likes him, for example. Bleh.
Caoilfhionn is offline   Reply With Quote