Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2004, 10:07 AM   #26
Caelie123

Bumbleroot there have been a ton of books written over the past 4 years from both sides with totally different views. This is another to add to the list written by somebody with their very on conspiracy theory.

We could throw up links to many conservative written books in support of Bush and the War on Terrorism, but we don't because it's a waste of time. It's nothing more than reading material and most people read what interest them.

I like the books by Shawn Hannity, Zell Miller and other conservative writers but that doesn't mean what they print is factual. It's their opinion on things, worded the way that suits their stance. The book you mentioned is no different.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:15 AM   #27
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
You seem to be suggesting here that you are upset because a reporter is uncovering something
As in making something up you mean?
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:16 AM   #28
bumbleroot

Al Franken is a comedian. Sean Hannity is a talk show jockey, same with Bill O'Reilly. Zell Miller is a politician. All of these types have something to gain by writing ideological books. That being readership.

A journalist has his entire career to lose if he tells a lie. If you don't believe me, ask Jason Blair. Woodward is not an ideologue and this isn't an opinion book such as Hannity's book. You are using any means to justify your position. If Woodward were to write this book then announce his immediate retirement then it might make some sense that it could be untruthful. However, since he hasn't done that, it appears that he plans on writing in the future. That would pretty much mean that he NEEDS to maintain his accuracy.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:19 AM   #29
Trith

NEEDS to maintain his accuracy.
Problem is his accuracy can't be tested, and with people like you waving his book like a Bible he doesn't have to be accurate to be accurate...
Old 04-16-2004, 10:23 AM   #30
Inmountains

Ahhh, come on Horm, you disappoint me. You KNOW you LOVE being the BULLY, just look at the guild you are in!!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:23 AM   #31
bumbleroot

As in making something up you mean?
OK wiseguy, Woodward uses Bush's interview as factual basis for what he writes about. In fact, Bush gave Woodward some of the minutes of National Security meetings for his book. Seems like even Bush doesn't trust Woodward. After all he let him interview him and gave him some of the minutes to their meetings.
Care to show me what lies he speaks of since you already know they are lies but haven't got the book yet? And I know this for a fact, because the book has not been released to the public yet.
In fact Trith, do you even realize how stupid you sound saying- "I know there are lies in that book, but I haven't seen them yet" Tell us what lies Trith! Tell us how you know these are lies Trith!
Old 04-16-2004, 11:08 AM   #32
Trith

Tell us how you know these are lies Trith!
I've been asking you the same thing for months now Bumble.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:24 AM   #33
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Inmountains
Ahhh, come on Horm, you disappoint me. You KNOW you LOVE being the BULLY, just look at the guild you are in!!!
Inmountains- what relevance does my guild have to this board and my activities here? One of the few message board "lines in the sand" I adhere pretty religiously to is that this board (AUA/SV) doesn't, in my mind, have anything to do with Everquest- and so I keep EQ issues off this board as much as humanly possible. You will also find that unless provoked, I keep RL politics and social issues out of my in-game discussion. It's one of those separation of church and state sort of things that lets me guild with so many disgusting amoral conservatives. Some of those animals are even from the South

I have plenty of thoughts on the subject of guild politics and dynamics, most of which I keep to myself, but this isn't the place for that.

As to bullying, it's not something I do in game or on these boards. I'm certainly an "aggressive" poster, but I don't know how you could construe what I do as bullying.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:26 AM   #34
bumbleroot

I've been asking you the same thing for months now Bumble.
And I have categorically provided documentation outlining these lies. I am not the only one to do this either. I also have used Government documentation showing you this.
Turning the tables towards me does not exclude you from answering my question- so ANSWER IT TRITH.
Do one of three things...
1) Tell us what lies you are speaking of here.
2) Admit you are assuming this and have nothing to base that upon
3) Shut the Fuck up

My guess is that you will choose the last course.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:31 PM   #35
Trith

And I have categorically provided documentation outlining these lies
You have categorically provided shit bumble....Op-ed's and opinion pieces and shit from liberal rags like the one you work for. Then you get pissed when people realize they are just that..shit articles from sources with a political agenda.

Until you can produce real proof to cover your wild ass conspiracy theories you either need to move out of your parents basement or take your own advice and:

5) Shut the Fuck up
My guess is that you will choose the last course.
How does it feel to be consistantly so fucking wrong? I'm wrong on occasion, but dude..you take it to a whole new level.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:08 PM   #36
Codsan
The Codfather

Actually Woodward isn't a liberal attack dog, in fact I've heard some Bush supporters use his *other* book, "Bush at War" to defend some of the administration's decisions and more recently in an effort to discredit Richard Clarke's book.

This book doesn't slam Bush, IMHO it actually vindicates him. Who it does villify is Cheney, who is a batshit whacko that Bush needs to replace as VP before he (Cheney) can do any more PR damage to the ticket.
Codsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:46 PM   #37
bumbleroot

Cod, I tend to agree with you from what I have heard about the book. However, it shows a VP that is practically running the country. In that regard it does slam Bush.
However, Trith has no idea who or what Bob Woodward is. He slams him only because he speaks of Bush. In his mind, Bush is absolutely flawless.
And Trith-
explain to me where the WMDs are.
explain to me where we are not into nation building.

I scarcely think that we KNEW where WMD were.
We all know that we ARE into nation building also.

I can leave the lies to fester in your heart there Trith. It is only quotes that are needed to prove that to you, and I don't think I need to provide you with Quotes for this do I?
Old 04-16-2004, 07:46 PM   #38
Luky

I dont care which side of the issues you are on...you can find someone to write something that you will believe. The truth is available...all you have to do is know what you want to believe and you can find it...and it will become your truth.
This is exactly what I have been saying for a very long time now.

Your last sentence especially applies to the way Americans think about God.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:03 PM   #39
raaggee
Banned User

Listen up all you fucking retards , the fact is we have not gone far enough in the middle east.
Until we get the balls to say fuck it and wage war and kill every muslim extremist possible , we are going to have nothing but problems with them, this is a holy war to them..they hate us and always will.

We have seen them fly jet planes into NY and Washington to kill us, we have seen them bomb countless targets oversea's to kill us and they will continue to do so...unless they are dead
They will strap a bomb to themselves and walk into your childrens school and blast your fucking babies into nothing more than a pool of blood on the floor.

They will take civilians beat them to death light them on fire and drag them thru the streets, they are out of thier minds with hate and can not be dealt with rationally.

look at the big picture if you think we shouldnt be in iraq or anywhere else over there.
If we dont do anything to stop this holy war it WILL come back here...and we will pay for not doing anything to stop it...and nothing short of all out war on all non friendly Muslims will be enough
raaggee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:17 PM   #40
Alauradana

So this is the third lame attempt to derail the Bush re-election. The American public didn't buy it the first two times and to be honest, as soon as I heard this on the news, I quit paying attention. For the same reasons the other two idiots were discredited, this guy is. You have to be pretty lame to NOT see what this is all about. POLITICS, politics, politics. And so anther day goes by, and Kerry will still lose--at least you Dems could try and come up with another tactic. So far with these "revealing" books, and Kerry continually whining as a campaign tactic, Bush can win this election without even trying.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote