Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2004, 04:46 AM   #1
bumbleroot

Default Bush planned Iraq early

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4756962/
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:01 AM   #2
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Ahh yes..a fictional book from a liberal attack dog. Yes...I can smell the truth.

I'm writing a book right now that says he didn't plan it soooo...point disproved..

Move on.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:05 AM   #3
Caelie123

Once again Bumbleroot you cease to amaze me.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:14 AM   #4
Sakkath

Originally Posted by Caelie123
Once again Bumbleroot you cease to amaze me.
You can only cease being amazed once.
Sakkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:18 AM   #5
Kerryn

I think she meant "You never cease to amaze me".

Personally the one I don't understand is "I could care less" when surely it is "I couldn't care less"
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:19 AM   #6
Caelie123

You're correct Kerryn. Should have said "Bumbleroot, once again you never cease to amaze me".
Old 04-16-2004, 05:48 AM   #7
bumbleroot

Ahh yes..a fictional book from a liberal attack dog.
I was waiting for the standard response from one of you conservatives. Only problem is Woodward is considered one of the most respected journalists from both ends of the spectrum. He is, in a sense one of the most accomplished and fair journalists out there.
Nice try Trith, but your ignorance precedes you on this one.

Oh, and if my memory serves me right, Woodward doesn't seem to be the only one making this point.

Oh, and one last point.
If, as you say, we went to Iraq to rid them of a bad, bad man, then would not you want to be proud of the fact that we were planning on going to war early?
You are not consistent on this point Trith. Would you care to explain yourself?
Old 04-16-2004, 06:20 AM   #8
crimsonedge

So if this is true. And its a big if still. The President prudently asks the Secretary of Defense to update an existing plan on IRAQ because he has a list of countries he feels threatens the US. If you are surprised and stunned by this relevation you really have no clue about how the US or any major power works. Im quite sure that even Jimmy Carter had plans on how to go about winning a war in IRAN and he was about as non aggressive as you could get.
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 06:25 AM   #9
Inmountains

So!!! If Bush were to add to his Campaign, "If elected, I will attack North Korea and get Cuba as a US Territory", I would VOTE for him with even more conviction!!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 06:31 AM   #10
Kanjien

Again I dont know why I even bother to read this section at times...but...the problem with the internet age is that anyone who wishes to write a book or put out any info they want...becomes someone's expert. I dont care which side of the issues you are on...you can find someone to write something that you will believe. The truth is available...all you have to do is know what you want to believe and you can find it...and it will become your truth. I have to believe for myself that the truth lies somewhere in between the mad dogs on either end of the spectrum...Bumble and Trith...and I also (possibly naively) believe that the majority of Americans also lie in that middle ground with me. But please...keep spouting your "facts"...it is sooooo entertaining.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:31 AM   #11
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Yes Inmountains- vote for greatly destabilizing and endangering Asia (since you do know NK would blind launch nukes aimed at Tokyo and Seoul in all likelihood, right?) and imperially seizing control of another 3rd world country to drain our resources.

Great ideas both
Old 04-16-2004, 06:50 AM   #12
Trith

Only problem is Woodward is considered one of the most respected journalists from both ends of the spectrum. He is, in a sense one of the most accomplished and fair journalists out there.
And this excuses him from playing politics I suppose? Nice try, but no.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:00 AM   #13
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Trith- how is it playing politics? He wrote a book, presumably based on the facts he gathered as a reporter. That's his job. I know you guys hate seeing the soft, festering underbelly of the Bush administration exposed, but are you honestly going to fault the man- an author by trade- for writing a book?
Old 04-16-2004, 07:08 AM   #14
Trith

presumably based on the facts he gathered as a reporter
Because it's too much of a coincidence. He should have waited till after Bush won and finshed his 2008 term. Instead he chose to publish in a year when every left wing hack with a bone to pick has published a book about how Bush is evil, lied, fucked his sister, shot their dog, etc etc etc..and most of them are pure fictional lies..IE Clarke's book on the 9/11 issues for example.

The facts that this is an election year, the market is FLOODED with fictional "Hate Bush" books, and that Woodward is openly a Democrat supporter can lead to only one logical conclusion..he's on the take and doing this to forward the liberal agenda of 'Win '04 at any price'.

I'm not falling for it. It's pure politics.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:14 AM   #15
Maximus Faticus

Bumble has linked Rumsfield ordering for attack plans right after 9-11, before we knew who did it.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:28 AM   #16
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Ah- I see now Trith. It's fiction because it doesn't suit your political preferences. I thought maybe you would dispute the facts or something but I should have known it was typical neocon "If it ain't our "truth", it ain't the truth!"

Seriously- listen to yourself. He should have waited until after Bush finished his 2nd term (holy arrogance of presumption btw )? Why is that I wonder? The truth could hurt.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:10 AM   #17
Trith

Ah- I see now Trith. It's fiction because it doesn't suit your political preferences. I thought maybe you would dispute the facts or something but I should have known it was typical neocon "If it ain't our "truth", it ain't the truth!"
Let's play a fun little word game!

Ah- I see now Horm. It's non-fiction because it does suit your political preferences. I thought maybe you would approve of the facts or something and I should have known it was typical liberal "If it is our "truth", it is the truth!"

Seriously- listen to yourself. He should not have waited until after Bush finished his 1st term (I have a holy arrogance of presumption btw ) Why is that I wonder? The lies could hurt his election of course.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:18 AM   #18
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

So much witteh!~!

Really though- why should he have waited to publish? I understand why you would prefer him not to have released the book at this point in time, but you need to do better than that if you're really going to claim he shouldn't have published now.

Have you read the book yet btw? I haven't, but when a well-respected journalist published a book of this nature I'm inclined to think it's very well rooted in fact. You, however, have those standard issue repug-blinders on that render you inable of setting aside the party-line for even an instant.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:21 AM   #19
Trith

I understand why you would prefer him not to have released the book at this point in time, but you need to do better than that if you're really going to claim he shouldn't have published now.
Because it can't be backed up with any facts..yet it's going to somehow find it's way to the non-fiction shelf in an election year.

Piss poor journalism.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:25 AM   #20
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

It can't? From the article I gather he extensively uses interviews with top officials and quotes them directly. If Bush & Co start denying they said these things then you'll have a point of contention, but until then you sound like a desperate man trying to keep the inevitable from happening.

An upper tier journalist doesn't last long if he's in the habit of willfully misquoting the President of the United States in a high profile book.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:27 AM   #21
bumbleroot

Because it's too much of a coincidence. He should have waited till after Bush won and finshed his 2008 term.
Why should he have waited Trith, so Bush can play politics?
Should he have waited because THIS IS a political liability?
If it is a liability Bush created it. That being said, why blame the messenger?

If Bush made this bed, it is nobody's fault but his. The fact that it comes out in an election year in my opinion makes perfect sense.
When you consider that this is one of the questions surrounding this election. The question being- did we need to go to Iraq and was it necessary in the way and time we did it? Is relevent to whether Bush is deserving amongst the public to be elected. To suppress this during an election year serves as a dictatorship mentality. What you are suggesting Trith is that we don't raise pertinent questions only to re-elect your candidate.
And I will repeat this, If Bush created the problem, then he could and should expect it during his re-election campaign. Don't blame the messenger for doing their job.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:31 AM   #22
Trith

That being said, why blame the messenger?
I dunno..maybe because the messenger is LIEING to swing an election?

Woodward took down a Republican president almost single handedly..and rightly so..who is to say he isn't trying to do it again just for shits, giggles, and get a more media friendly Whitehouse.

He can write whatever he wants, disclose no sources, offer no sources, and the Whitehouse is powerless to discredit him. Meanwhile, his crap gets put on shelves and pushed as "godspell" by you morons when it can't even be verified in the first place.

Nice election year strategy..I have to hand you that much..you guys will stoop to new lows to win.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:43 AM   #23
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Wow- I can feel the fear in you emanating from the screen. You're worried about this bigtime. It's ok little guy, we're here for you

Calling someone a liar is a pretty serious accusation Trith- especially when you haven't even read his book yet
Old 04-16-2004, 08:48 AM   #24
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
He wrote a book, presumably based on the facts he gathered as a reporter.
Hormadrune, reporters are evil beings only set around to take things out of context and to make the truth look really bad. Didn't you watch Scooby Doo 2?

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:05 AM   #25
bumbleroot

Woodward took down a Republican president almost single handedly..and rightly so..who is to say he isn't trying to do it again just for shits, giggles, and get a more media friendly Whitehouse.
]
No, you are wrong Trith.
Woodward didn't take down Nixon. Nixon took down Nixon. Don't blame Woodward, he did his job and uncovered what Nixon was hiding. And it was true. He has an impeccable reputation for seeking and then writing the truth.

You seem to be suggesting here that you are upset because a reporter is uncovering something. Perhaps, Bush is hiding something (or lieing). You seem to be suggesting that it should not be reported. Oh I guess if a reporter DOES find anything on Bush they should not report it.
That's not the way it works Trith. A reporter finds something, then they go back supporting it and then they report it. It just so happened in this case that Woodward supports his stuff with an interview of Bush himself.

Woodward is not the first person suggesting this. There have been others. You seem to be suggesting that these others all have a reason to lie and that Bush (who seeks re-election) has no reason to lie. Wake up dumbass! Bush has lied before, it has been shown to you over and over again and you refuse to listen, instead blaming the source even when we have shown Bush's words contradicting himself.
Even liberals admit that Clinton lied. You are either naive, dense or so supremely gullible. I tend to believe you are all three.