Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2004, 04:45 AM   #1
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Default Kerry not likeable...can anyone say "unelectable"..

ROFLMAO..Nice job you guys on the left..you picked a corpse to run for president.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,117012,00.html
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:01 AM   #2
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
I personally think this will be a repeat of Dole/Clinton. I think there is a power vacuum in the Democratic party right now and Kerry has been thrown forth by default. Kinda like the reverse situation in 96 when Dole ran against Clinton. I'm pretty sure that the Dems will fill the vacuum by the 2008 election. Hillary anyone?
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:08 AM   #3
Inmountains

Hillary VS. Condoleza, that would be a great race!!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:43 AM   #4
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Those of us who live in this part of the country have long known Kerry to be a bit cold. Unelectable though? Not if you believe the poll numbers. Howard Dean was unelectable- John Kerry is no Bill Clinton, but he most certainly is not unelectable.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:43 AM   #5
pukagok

Kerry appeals to the left liberal plain and simple. What they want him to do is work on his appearance to the middle of the road or the regan democrats they want him to present more of moral facade.

Face it in the left catagory those that compromise a small minority but the most vocal majority of democrats kerry wins 100% of the vote, but when you get down to the common person, kerry has about as much appeal as broccili and maple syrup.
pukagok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:59 AM   #6
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Kerry is not a left-liberal by any stretch. Just see his voting record on trade issues and you'll see his left-liberal membership revoked in real time. He is a centrist Democrat. Left-liberals generally fell into the Dennis Kucinich camp- not the Kerry one.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:10 AM   #7
bumbleroot

ROFLMAO..Nice job you guys on the left..you picked a corpse to run for president.
Well W. is very likable and still behind in the polls. What does that tell you about the job he is doing?
Oh, and since you are speaking of likability of a candidate. Have you ever heard of Richard Nixon? Just about everyone hated him. That didn't keep him from winning the election though. And if I recall correctly he won a landslide against some guy in 1972.
Trith, get it through your head. The presidency is not a popularity contest. It is not a high school prom. It is a job. One picks the best person for the job, not the person who they like to drink beer with. Because if they did we would have an awfully drunk president right now.
But of course your whole reason for picking a president is on surface values and not on ability to do the job.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:26 AM   #8
Lith Ahntalon

Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Horm, Kerry not left of center, ROFLMAO, you are kidding right?
Old 04-14-2004, 08:39 AM   #9
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

While it makes a big different to the masses if they 'like' the elected officials, i much rather go for the prick who runs a tight ship has a strict competant set of plans and carries them out to the letter. Kerry's image is cold and seemingly devoid of any emotion, yes id say he has the appearance of a corpse, but this wont kill him in the polls, its his waffling on key issues. The Bush team is exploiting the hell out of this right now. On the other hand i dont really care for the Bush " im your buddy who likes baseball, nascar and tipping back a few on the weekend" personae. I dont want some yokel in charge of this nation. Vladimir Putin is more my idea as of what kind of politician i want in office than John Kerry or George Bush.

I dont think Kerry is a lefty liberal that much, for him to be a lefty liberal he actually needs to stand by their beliefs, he changes his opinion so much they ought to create a special third party for him . How does the Eggo Party sound?
Old 04-14-2004, 08:50 AM   #10
crimsonedge

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Kerry is not a left-liberal by any stretch. Just see his voting record on trade issues and you'll see his left-liberal membership revoked in real time. He is a centrist Democrat. Left-liberals generally fell into the Dennis Kucinich camp- not the Kerry one.
Wrong bucko:

"As the archest of the Senate's arch-liberals, Kerry voted last year to the left of fellow Democrats John Edwards of North Carolina (No. 2), Barbara Boxer of California (No. 5) and Tom Harkin of Iowa (No. 10). Kerry's ayes and nays were significantly to the left of the two liberals who most conservatives would nominate for a one-way fact-finding mission to Mars: New York's Hillary Clinton (No. 7) and Massachusetts' Edward Moore Kennedy (No. 12).

At the other end of the spectrum, 14 Republican senators tied for least liberal with scores of 14 out of 100. Top Senate conservatives include Virginia's George Allen, Tennessee's Bill Frist, and Indiana's Richard Lugar.

The source for this news is not some right-wing, anti-Kerry front group, but the independent and well-regarded National Journal. This non-partisan, Washington weekly reports even-handedly on politicians and their behavior. It examined 62 Senate votes from 2003. Of these, Kerry missed 37 votes while campaigning for the White House. Kerry's blue-ribbon was based on the 25 votes he managed to cast. Among those, he took the liberal line often enough to garner a score of 97 out of 100."

http://www.nationalreview.com/murdoc...0403080845.asp

Edited to add link.
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 09:00 AM   #11
crimsonedge

Another source:

Mr. Kerry's publicly announced position was identical to the vote cast by Mr. Kennedy on 14 of those occasions, or 88 percent of the time. It should also be noted that during 10 years of Mr. Kerry's Senate career, including 2002, not a single senator was ranked more liberal than Mr. Kerry on social-issue votes. In addition, regarding CQ's separate survey of "key votes" in 2003 on which Mr. Kerry either cast a vote or publicly announced his position, it was identical to Mr. Kennedy's vote 100 percent of the time.
When questioned at Sunday's Democratic debate in New York City about reclaiming his distinction as the most liberal U.S. senator in 2003, Mr. Kerry called it "a laughable characterization" and "the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life." He asserted that "labels are so silly in American politics." But Mr. Kerry often indulges in ascribing "right-wing" or "far-right" labels to President Bush. For example, on what would have been Martin Luther King Jr.'s 75th birthday, Mr. Kerry accused the president of "threatening civil rights on behalf of right-wing ideologues." Apparently, Mr. Kerry doesn't have anything against labels. He just doesn't like the "liberal" label.
In fact, the recent analyses of 2003 votes by National Journal and CQ Weekly clearly confirm what Mr. Kerry has spent two decades doing in the Senate and that is establishing himself as one of that body's most liberal members. If Mr. Kerry doesn't like the votes selected by National Journal and CQ Weekly, perhaps he should look at the vote ratings compiled by Americans for Democratic Action (ADA), the premier, self-styled liberal organization in America. Based on the 20 votes each year that it considers to be the most important to liberals, ADA assigns a "liberal quotient" to each member of Congress. Mr. Kerry's career "liberal quotient" is a solid 92 percent. That ranks him higher than Mr. Kennedy (90 percent), establishing Mr. Kerry irrefutably as the "liberal senator from Massachusetts." No wonder Mr. Kerry is running as fast as he can from the liberal record he has spent 20 years compiling. It is a record this page will be meticulously reviewing as the campaign moves forward.

http://washingtontimes.com/op-ed/200...5725-5267r.htm

You should note that both of these sources come from the conservative viewpoint. However, both of them use a non-biased source for the votes and in fact the second one uses a democratic and very liberal source for Kerry's lifetime liberal ranking.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:03 AM   #12
bumbleroot

Liberal means progressive. In other words moving forward. Conservative means to stay put. In other words not growing.
There is nothing wrong with being liberal. Its just that Lee Atwater chose to make it a bad word and painted liberals as some fictional loser two decades ago. He focused on the extreme element in the spectrum and then tried to paint the entire belief structure as extremists. The Democrats missed their chance to define the conservatives, however the conservatives had previously defined themselves from the 1930s to the 1960s in a negative manner. This was mainly because FDR came in and kicked ass as a President after the Republican administrations before him had majorly fucked up. Lets not forget that from 1932 until 1968 there was only one Republican president and the Dems practically ruled over both houses.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:11 AM   #13
crimsonedge

Here is another definition of Liberal:

Free to excess; regardless of law or moral restraint;
licentious.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:17 AM   #14
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Liberal means progressive. In other words moving forward. Conservative means to stay put. In other words not growing.
Did that definition come from the Dictionary By Nincompoops and Belly Slappers?
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 09:24 AM   #15
bumbleroot

Here is another definition of Liberal:
EXACTLY-
That is ANOTHER definition of liberal. However it is not the political definition of liberal. It is the one that conservatives like to believe it is to demonize their competition. But it is not what a political liberal is. It is generally used in the following type sentence-
I had a liberal portion of mashed potatoes at dinner last night.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:25 AM   #16
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Feh- he ain't liberal enough for me but I can't argue with those numbers. Point acknowledged.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:27 AM   #17
crimsonedge

Well if you get to pick and choose your definitions of Liberal and Conservative, I see no reason why I can't do the same.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:36 AM   #18
kanibaal
korpse

The nation we have been changing into sucks. So I guess we can blame that on the liberals? Well going by Bumbler's definition we can.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:16 AM   #19
Chiteng
Supporter

It doesnt matter if Kerry is likeable.
All that matters is that enough people DONT like BUSH.

Try addressing the reality, rather than the wishfull thiniking. People in the US
dont vote for people they 'like'. They vote AGAINST people they DONT like.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:24 AM   #20
Caelie123

You do have a point Chiteng. I just don't think there's enough Americans out there that don't like Bush to pull this one off for you guys. If you go by the polls Bush and Kerry are neck. If you look at the numbers that think Bush is doing a good job, his numbers aren't as high as I would like to see them. On the other hand if you look at the numbers when asked who do you think would do a better job Bush or Kerry, Bush is pretty far ahead.

This election will be based on those like me that already have their mind made up and those that aren't crazy about either candidate but will go with who they think can do the most for this Country. So far I haven't heard any democrats (except for on this board) that are happy with Kerry simply because all he does is criticise but doesn't say what he would do about the war, the economy, education or anything.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:45 AM   #21
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Caelie- that's what you get for only watching Faux News. I'm hardly Kerry's biggest fan, but he most certainly has talked about what he would do differently. You might not like it- but he has done more than complain.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:48 AM   #22
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
They vote AGAINST people they DONT like.
Not true at all. The only reason Bill Clinton got elected to two terms in the first palce was because he was seen as likeable in a goofy way. The female vote put him over the top because of his "youthful virility and manliness" according to Cosmo magazine (/vomit). So if that's the case, and women do vote with their vaginas instead of their brains like their magazines seem to claim they do then John Kerry is doomed...I mean cmon...how can a woman vote for a man who looks like he's been dead 10 years already.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:50 AM   #23
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Caelie- that's what you get for only watching Faux News.
Name one story which Fox News reported that turned out to be faked by them?
Old 04-14-2004, 10:52 AM   #24
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

I mean cmon...how can a woman vote for a man who looks like he's been dead 10 years already.
When there is $$ in it for them?
Old 04-14-2004, 11:38 AM   #25
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Chukzombie
Name one story which Fox News reported that turned out to be faked by them?
It's a cute euphamism Chuk- sorta like Communist News Network. It's a play on their name.

Why am I even explaining this?