Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2004, 11:08 AM   #1
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Default Florida Democrats Place Newspaper Ad Calling For Rumsfeld Hit

Wgt Dems. Thats one way to get votes.

Campaign 2004 turns extreme in Florida with the placement of a
newspaper ad calling for physical retribution against Secretary of Defense
Donald Rumsfeld!

"We should put this S.O.B. up against a wall and say 'This is one of our bad
days,' and pull the trigger," the ad reads.

Club Vice President Edna McCall told the DRUDGE REPORT Tuesday
morning: "We want to get our country back. In Iraq, we're in deep trouble. If
we don't try to get this situation cleared up, we are finished."
Now your all going nuts. American politics? no, try a 3rd world
nation like haiti or Venezuela.

"We are getting raped, and they are planning to steal the election
again." McCall said her club is in direct contact with John Kerry campaign.
Well of course we are. Thats the only way we can win besides killing your
leaders. Idiots.

And now the big lie,
The publisher of the GABBER says running the ad with the passage
"pull the trigger" was a mistake that "slipped through" during the editing of this
week's edition.
This election is so much going to be a land-slide.

God Bless America
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:22 AM   #2
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
This is typical. Scary thing is I think most of them are stupid and crazed enough to probably try it if given the chance. Ahh the wonders of the official American party of Hypocracy...the Dems...
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:25 AM   #3
Codsan
The Codfather

Now explain the justification for the second amendment then if we can't take up arms against a corrupt and totalitarian regime in the United States, if it did indeed exist?
Codsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:30 AM   #4
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

You do realize that "The GABBER" is a low-budget produced, free, community newspaper right Zol? The sort you'd see in boxes near bus-stops and subway stations next to the want-ads and real estate listings. This isn't the St. Petersburg Times here. I don't think The GABBER is a part of the vast left-wing media cabal. Nor do I think an oddball ad, in an oddball newspaper, is indicative of the Kerry campaign's push to have Donald Rumsfeld knocked off.

What's amazing is that you people really do open wide and gag on the cock of disinformation that self-proclaimed wunderkinds like Matt Drudge shove down your throats with such frequency. You folks must rock at poker because you can say anything with a straight face
Old 04-13-2004, 11:45 AM   #5
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
disinformation
So Drudge is lying?
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:54 AM   #6
crimsonedge

Obviously someone let their anger get the better of them when they published this. Oh yeah wait only republicans can have anger I forgot. In any case, I would love to see the looks on the publishers face when the FBI shows up to discuss the situation with them. Watch the piss run down their leg and laugh.

Other point was Codsans comment about the Second Amendement. Can you please show me where it talks about corrupt governments ?

Second Amendment states:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

We have checks and balances to take care of issues like corrupt government. Like voting. Thats one thing that makes us great and helps keep powermongers in check. Do shit we dont like and we vote you out. No need to take up arms against the government.
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:58 AM   #7
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Was Drudge lieing that the ad was published? No- or at least I have no good reason to think even a bottom feeder like him would blatantly make something up like that to the point of even creating an image of the ad.

Disinformation=spinning like only a pig like Drudge can. Taking an obscure and irrelevant news item and trying to dress it up like it should be closely tied to Kerry.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:26 PM   #8
Trith

Taking an obscure and irrelevant news item and trying to dress it up like it should be closely tied to Kerry.
You mean like you and Bumble do?
Old 04-13-2004, 12:27 PM   #9
Codsan
The Codfather

Originally Posted by crimsonedge
Other point was Codsans comment about the Second Amendement. Can you please show me where it talks about corrupt governments ?
Yes I know, it doesn't. It doesn't mention anything about irony either.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:40 PM   #10
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Trith
You mean like you and Bumble do?
When have I done this? When have I ever dug so deep and reached so far as to pull a tattered ad out of an obscure free community newspaper and attempted to pin the negative aspects on Bush? By all means Trith- show me a single example of me doing anything along these lines and to this extreme.

Or you could slink off, tail tucked between your legs, because for the 10 millionth time I've called on you to back your shit up with links and you can't. Bye bye Bayou Boy
Old 04-13-2004, 12:42 PM   #11
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

I bet if a conservative group had run an ad saying to lynch Jesse Jackson then you libs would be screaming at the top of your lungs about it being racist and uncalled for begging for an apology.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:47 PM   #12
crimsonedge

Originally Posted by Codsan
Yes I know, it doesn't. It doesn't mention anything about irony either.
So it's Ironic we are trying to set up a system of free elections that will allow for peaceable transitions in government and not allow for murderous dictators to rule the country with an iron fist never giving up power unless they are beaten in a war. Hmm, guess you got me there Codsan its so ironic...
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:08 PM   #13
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Flub
I bet if a conservative group had run an ad saying to lynch Jesse Jackson then you libs would be screaming at the top of your lungs about it being racist and uncalled for begging for an apology.
An apology from that particular group absolutely- and we wouldn't beg, we would demand.

However, we wouldn't try to pin extremist thoughts of completely unrelated conservatives on George Bush. That's the difference between unscrupulous attention whores like Matt Drudge and normal people.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:22 PM   #14
Flub Man

So why aren't you demanding an apology from this group? Are you saying that it is ok to want to put Rummy up against a wall and pull the trigger?

Who is Matt Drudge trying to pin this on?

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-13-2004, 01:31 PM   #15
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Because Flub, I don't see this as an actual call to violence against Rumsfeld, rather a misguided rant of frustration.

And yes- it's ok to want to put Rumsfeld against the wall and pull the trigger. It's ok to want to hang Jesse Jackson too. It's NOT ok to do either one of those things or to seriously advocate that others do it. That's not at all what the ad did though.

It is typical Drudge spin to place this as close to the Kerry campaign as possible by overstating the connection. And it's typical Zolmaz fashion to post this and overstate things even further.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:43 PM   #16
Flub Man

So if there was an ad that said something along the lines of it's time to take Jesse Jackson out and find a long tree and a short rope you would not think of it as a call to violence?

What spin did he put on it? You see spin that is not there. Why I am not surprised at that, I just wonder why you must see spin when it's not there.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-13-2004, 02:10 PM   #17
Codsan
The Codfather

Originally Posted by crimsonedge
So it's Ironic we are trying to set up a system of free elections that will allow for peaceable transitions in government and not allow for murderous dictators to rule the country with an iron fist never giving up power unless they are beaten in a war. Hmm, guess you got me there Codsan its so ironic...
I see you understand sarcasm.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:30 PM   #18
bumbleroot

So if there was an ad that said something along the lines of it's time to take Jesse Jackson out and find a long tree and a short rope you would not think of it as a call to violence?
Slight difference there. Rumsfeld's thing is anarchic, the Jackson case is racist. Neither is acceptable. For some reason you tend to think that us libs feel that was acceptable to say. It is acceptable to say. It is however, in my opinion, classless and tasteless. I would not associate politically with the people who said it. They are extremists. That is obvious. They have a right to say it, but it treads the line.
Now if it is your contention to equate all Democrats with extremists, I think you are missing the point.
I don't, nor do other libs equate all Republicans with their extremists. so let's have a little intellectual honesty here instead of trying to paint all Dems as these extremists are.

I think if it had been a mainstream group they would have tried to place their ad in a major publication. I can tell you that I hail from Florida, about 40 miles from St. Pete. and having worked in the newspapers there for 7 years, I can assure you I never heard of the Gabber.

And if there had been a paper advocating stringing up Jesse Jackson that is also deplorable. However, advocating racism is something I would speak up against. I will always support someone who wishes to speak up against their government because that is exactly what the Constitution allows. "A Redress of grievances". I also think someone advocating shooting elected officials is deplorable. These officials, no matter how dreadful, are public servants. They may suck at what they do, but that is why we hold elections.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 03:03 PM   #19
Flub Man

Why is the Jackson case racist? Because he is black? If he was white and I said the same thing would that be racist also?

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-13-2004, 03:39 PM   #20
bumbleroot

Why is the Jackson case racist? Because he is black?
No, because lynching is a racist act. It is not the same as simply murdering him. Lynching is done and has been done with racist intent.
If you had said they wanted to line him up on a wall and kill him that would be different. However, you said lynching him, hence that is racist.

Here you go... a little history of lynching in America
http://www.umass.edu/complit/aclanet...t/USLynch.html
Old 04-13-2004, 03:50 PM   #21
Azraelwrath

Isn't that thing kinda illegal? Or may you get in trouble for it after he's dead?
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.

Last edited by Azraelwrath; 04-13-2004 at 08:32 PM.
Azraelwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 04:39 PM   #22
Flub Man

bumble, you do know that lynchings happened to Tories during the Revolutionary war. Also lynchings were apart of the Old West.

lynch ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lnch)
tr.v. lynched, lynching, lynches
To execute without due process of law, especially to hang, as by a mob.
[notice no regards to race]

Lynching does not mean for a white man to hang a black man.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-13-2004, 05:47 PM   #23
Trith

It's inexcusable under any circumstances. Freedom of speech is a right all people in this nation have. Freedom of speech however does not allow for hate speech and the advocation of violence against anyone. That is illegal, and this should be as well.

I don't like John Kerry, or Ted Kennedy, but I would never be fanatical enough, stupid enough, or careless enough to put out a publication calling for their murder..which this clearly did. This was just plain wrong..sick, and the individual who printed it should have charges brought against him for publishing this in a public medium where his statements could easily incite those with weak self controll to attempt to carry them out.

Several charges I could think that might stick here: Inciting the public to riot, conspiracy to commit murder, reckless endangerment..just to name a few.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:53 PM   #24
bumbleroot

Several charges I could think that might stick here: Inciting the public to riot, conspiracy to commit murder, reckless endangerment..just to name a few.
Trith I agree with you up to a point. There is nothing in there to prosecute someone on. To say you would like to kill someone is not inciting a riot, it isn't conspiracy and it isn't endangerment. There is no conspiracy in any means in those words. It is foolish, but it isn't illegal.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:08 PM   #25
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

When a newspaper allows ads to call for the execution of US politicians just becuase they disagree with their party.. its time for the paper to go bye bye and the person who paid for the ad to get picked up and dropped in gitmo