Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2004, 01:25 PM   #51
Veo

Any vehicle owner could fill up once a month if they had the extra-capacity gas tank, such as your Suburban. You can't assume every SUV has the extra-capacity tank. If my old Toyota Corolla had a 42 gallon tank, I'd average filling up once every 5 weeks or so as well.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:26 PM   #52
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

We sure can. And until it is proven one way or they other. It is a choice.

Sure they are Horm. You are trying to justify your anti-choice views by saying 'my reasons are better than yours!!' That's all. Fact is you pick and choose what you want to restrict just like conservatives. It's ok. Everyone does. Because everyone thinks their way is the right way.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:33 PM   #53
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Or even worse..what if a gay jumps out in front of him!!

ICK!!
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:14 PM   #54
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
And I lived about 1500 feet higher than Denver. It gets bone chilling cold. No, there aren't many dirt roads (it's a fairly well developed place), but I understand how bad drivers in that state are.

You fill up once a month? Good for you. Apparently, your SUV does not waste gas abhorrently. Either that of you don't drive very far at all, but in any case, that's great. I just wish more SUVs could be like that (and a 42 gallon tank? Holy overkill, Batman! I don't think I could bear spending $60 or more to fill it up from empty... just seems wrong somehow).

My point is against SUVs that get much worse gas mileage than yours. You'll note that I did not say all trucks and all SUVs should be restricted, anywhere in my posts. It's just that SUVs tend to be the ones that have horrible gas mileages.

I also knew people who got in wrecks with deer, horses, and even cattle. That guy was driving a '96 Subaru (don't remember the exact model, Forester I think?), and it was pretty banged up but not totaled. He said he was going 45 (the speed limit) at the time.

I still contend you don't need an SUV for anything. It's a want, which doesn't necessarily invalidate it's existence, but it doesn't justify it either. It certainly doesn't validate their inefficiency.

And the fact that your older-model SUV uses gas with relative efficiency tells me that the manufacturers these days are intentionally building them with bad gas mileages. It might just make construction cheaper but I still think it has something to do with involvement in oil companies, ala the Xerox effect.

But see a company does have the choice to dump chemicals in the wilderness. They just, wisely I must add, not to because of the repercussions.
Do you have any idea what you're talking about Flub? It's against the law to dump toxics chemicals in preserved areas. They do not have the choice to, by law. Yeah, the physical universe will not prohibit them from doing so, but luckily we don't live in a society where you're allowed to do anything physically possible.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:19 AM   #55
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Hazardous - SUVs are very top-heavy, making them more likely to turn over than cars. They are way to fucking big, making it impossible to see anything but the SUV if I'm behind one, greatly reducing my reaction time. I can't see what's going on in front of the vehicle. Blind spots are much larger. If you have a negligent person behind the wheel, any vehicle is dangerous, but an SUV will cause much more damage to other vehicles and people. Sure, you may be safer while hitting a deer, but exactly what percentage of drivers actually have to dodge wildlife?

Wasteful - they burn up large amounts of fuel. I don't care how big a gas tank your vehicle has, that doesn't make it any more fuel efficient. You fill up once a month, but how much does that cost you, $70? That's a lot more than I spend in a month on gas.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:41 PM   #56
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

I drive a Big-Yellow-Tonka-truck that gets me 1-mile per gallon. It's my American privilage.
Unlike you bi-sikoLe riders, I own the road. Get out of my way! It's my gas.

Z..
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:27 AM   #57
Caelie123

Wildane regardless of the hazards or non hazards people should have the right to drive what they want to drive.

If I had my way there would be no 18 wheelers on the road. I know that's unrealistic because they transport goods all over the country. 18 wheelers scare the crap out of me when it comes to pulling up beside one going 70 miles an hour, but thats not a very good reason to take them off the road.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:39 AM   #58
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Flub
And until it is proven one way or they other. It is a choice.
Ah, I see- your simply staking the claim leaves the burden of proof on the other side of the argument?

Then in the spirit of conservative argumentation I declare: It is not a choice and until it is proven one way or the other that is the way it is!

/boggle
Old 04-16-2004, 07:40 AM   #59
Flub Man

You say it isn't, prove your case. Prove there is a 'gay' gene. You can't and won't so it must be a choice.

Why must the law be changed because of someon's choice?

/boggle

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-16-2004, 10:48 AM   #60
Inmountains

You are correct on one thing Ares, people here do NOT know how to drive, it is a nightmare at times. After living in the LA area for 38 years, 22 of it driving, I thought I had seen bad driving, but I feel safer on an LA freeway than I do on a Colorado Highway. Then again, on an LA freeway, I am only moving at 2 MPH. People here do NOT know how to drive safely or defensively. All the more reason to have a BIG vehicle, so I can run their asses off the road!!!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:56 AM   #61
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Flub, don't be so simplistic- there are countless facets of human biology and psychology for which no gene has been found. I can't prove that there definitely *is* a gay gene- however, nor can you say there definitely isn't.

Of course for me, even if it is shown that there is no genetic basis for homosexuality, it wouldn't matter. I see no wrong in allowing gay people to marry regardless of the nature of their sexuality- much as I see no wrong in allowing straight people to do the same. I've never been in the business of maliciously creating or maintaining a second class citizenry. Again- another difference between the right-wing and the right. Get it?
Old 04-16-2004, 12:48 PM   #62
Flub Man

How dare we be simplistic. After all with you lefties there is no right or wrong. Almost anything can be explained away.

Who is creating a second class citizenry? A choice was made. Instead of living with that choice and accepting what comes along with it. They want to make laws to suit their needs. Do you think we should make laws to suit every group's wants?

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-16-2004, 09:26 PM   #63
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
For once I'll agree with you. People say California drivers suck, but at least they don't slow to a crawl to gawk at an accident on the other lane of the freeway. On I-25 you'd frequently have 2-mile backup caused by someone on the side of the road changing their tire.

No wonder the insurance rates there are so fucking ridiculous.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 03:15 PM   #64
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

The future cannot come quickly enough- this is cool
Old 04-18-2004, 11:21 PM   #65
Misty
Do Not Disturb

What's the probability there's Oil interests behind the occupation of Iraq anyway. Remember, oil companies are not beneath interferring in governments there's that African that got hung some time ago - known for his views on foreign control (insert something about BP here).

Hormadrune said: "I can't prove that there definitely *is* a gay gene- however, nor can you say there definitely isn't."
I'll tell you now that genes express the absolute traits of our physical biology. If the functional gender is 'male' and that subject is gay this is not presented through some kind of homomorphous gene biology. There's only 1 reproductive function either gender type corresponds with and that is determined by our chromosomes - XX or XY pairs - not genes. This 'functionality' is hardwired code it doesn't translate into later notions about sexuality being overlayed on teh schema.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)

Last edited by Misty; 04-18-2004 at 11:54 PM.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote