Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2004, 07:14 AM   #26
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

What's really amazing is your fear that your son will be gay Trith. Why is that?
Old 04-14-2004, 07:18 AM   #27
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Maybe he is afraid his son will be like his father.

/flee

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:32 AM   #28
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I thought I was being subtle
Old 04-14-2004, 07:38 AM   #29
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
What's really amazing is your fear that your son will be gay Trith. Why is that?
Thankfully I don't have to worry about that. I've already been called to the school twice this year to discipline him for his "amorous" excursions with girls in his class heh.

Why would I be upset if he went pillowbiter? Well, let's see...because it's living a lie. I don't like liars. He was born with a penis..not a vagina..hes not a woman. His rectum is not a female reproductive organ. He was born a man, he needs to act like a man. Homosexuals are posers..liars when it comes to their own sexuality. They emulate, pretend, attempt..whatever word you want to choose there, to be femenine in nature and desire to assume a femenine role in their sexual lives, by allowing themselves to be attracted to the same sex.

(All this works exactly the same if you plug lesbian into the equation as well..so don't think I'm down on just "male" homos..they both get a big WTF!!11 from me)

My issue with it is that I truly despise people who try to be something they are not.

Anyone remember Vanilla Ice....? get my point now?
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:39 AM   #30
Maximus Faticus

Nobody in their right mind needs a car that costs over $30,000. It's transportation, and trying to pass it off as a status symbol is just a euphemism for waving around your economic penis.
This is just like computers and EQ. No one in there right mind needs a computer that costs over $500. A p3 800 with a gf2 will play just about any game including EQ. People who want over 5 frames a second are just waving around thier economic penis.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:45 AM   #31
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Ah- I see Trith. All people must conform to your ideals of sexuality and gender roles. After all, we're just on this earth to procreate in the name of the Almighty God our Father right?

Oh, and for the record, anyone who doesn't dig lesbians is just gay ok!? WTF is wrong with you?
Old 04-14-2004, 07:47 AM   #32
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Apples and oranges. There are many cars to choose from under $30,000 that are reliable, comfortable, safe, efficient and even aesthetically pleasing. This is MORE than enough to get from point A to point B. If you spend much more than that on a car, 9 out of 10 people are buying a name. You can get OnStar in a Honda.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:51 AM   #33
Trith

Ah- I see Trith. All people must conform to your ideals of sexuality and gender roles. After all, we're just on this earth to procreate in the name of the Almighty God our Father right?
Not my idea of sexuality chief...Natures..Science..Evolution..Religion....pick one. Bringing religion into this (when I didn't) just shows you have no other method of debunking what I say..so you attempt to shift the topic to a different focal point because you lack any other place to argue from.

I got an idea..let's make it an evolutionary issue..how about that.

Now..what would Darwin say about a species that went around attempting to procreate all the time with the same sex...oh yeah I remember...EXTINCT..that's the term I was looking for.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:56 AM   #34
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Trith, need I really go to google to find links to the numerous examples of homosexual behavior in nature- in species that are not extinct nor in immediate danger of extinction? Don't be an ignorant fool- that's not an argumentative route you want to go down because you will be trounced.

It *is* a religious issue. Your anachronistic set of beliefs derived from whatever Christian cult you were raised in have given you a robust hatred for gay people.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:52 AM   #35
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Oh, and for the record, anyone who doesn't dig lesbians is just gay ok!? WTF is wrong with you?
You trying to say becuase if i think 2 attractive girls having sex (whether it be with eachother or male partners) is hot as liking homosexuality then i must ask you, how much do you 'dig' the image of Janet Reno and Rosey O Donnel carpet munching eachother?
Old 04-14-2004, 09:19 AM   #36
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Janet and Rosie...that could be hot right?
Old 04-14-2004, 09:33 AM   #37
Trith

/barf
Old 04-14-2004, 11:44 AM   #38
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Man, we've gone from environment to muff-divers already. Trith, just make sure you clean that up this time.

Originally Posted by Inmountains
Ares,
Obviously, you haven't seen all the Dodge Neons, Toyota Corolla's, Chevrolet Sprint's, etc.., either stuck in a ditch on a snowy day with a $500 towing bill, or after they have hit a 2000 pound steer here in Colorado. Sometimes there is a reason to drive a Dodge Ram 2500 or a Chevrolet Suburban, it's call "survival" and 'efficiency'. I thought about buying a 'fuel efficient' vehicle but all it would take is one accident and all my savings would be gone. And the fact that I have hit 4 deer here with my Suburban already, with the total damage being a bent license plate and small crack in the grill, I would say I am doing ok. If I were driving a small car, I would have totaled 4 cars in 4 years (two of the deer kills I was doing 65 mph), not to mention possible injury to my children or me.
Guess what? I lived in Colorado for 7 years. I also never spun out on an icy road (as bad a driver as I am). In those situations 4-wheel drive isn't going to keep you out of that ditch (though you might be able to get yourself out easier); you're just going to spin 4 wheels instead of 2 on the ice as you careen around in a metal box that's twice as heavy. You might be safer in it but what about the others who weren't stupid enough to be doing 65 mph on ice? For the record I drove a '95 Chevy Corsica, a death trap if there ever was one. So don't even try to justify your $35,000 luxury SUV for icy roads, because I've driven on them without it, as have my parents and family, without incident.

For the sake of argument, let's say you really do need a truck or SUV. Fine, go ahead, just buy for economy. Why wouldn't you, after all? It's inconvenient to have to fill up your tank every 100 miles, for one thing. And you can get some well built trucks for under $20,000.

I'm beginning to think there's a Xerox effect with car builders. Xerox builds all those expensive printers and copiers, but in reality they are just creating a market for ink and toner, which are the real reason they are in business. Is it possible that Ford, Chevy, Honda, and luxury car builders such as Lexus, BMW, Jaguar, are really just creating a market for gasoline? Is it possible they can build a 100 mpg car, but don't because the faster people use up gas, the higher the price rises? Getting into the realm of black helicopters but historically oil has been an extremely corrupt business. I wouldn't be surprised.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 12:05 PM   #39
Flub Man

Why can't people have the choice to buy a car or truck or SUV? Who are you to dictate what people can drive?

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-14-2004, 12:15 PM   #40
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Nobody said they can't, but for the same reason you aren't allowed to have the choice to spill toxic chemicals in wilderness areas, you shouldn't be allowed to have overly hazardous and wasteful vehicles. Although, I'm inclined to say that any regulation should be at the manufacturer's level, rather than the consumer's level.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 12:22 PM   #41
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Why can't people have the choice to buy a car or truck or SUV? Who are you to dictate what people can drive?
Why can't a woman have the choice to marry a man or a woman (and likewise for men)? Who are you to dictate who people can marry?

I love this game
Old 04-14-2004, 12:23 PM   #42
Flub Man

But see a company does have the choice to dump chemicals in the wilderness. They just, wisely I must add, not to because of the repercussions.

Now, back to cars/trucks/SUVs, how is an SUV overly hazardous and wasteful? Or is it just your opinion that they are. I have driven a truck most of my adult life. Have yet to find it hazardous and wasteful. Especially when someone has to move.

What about people who are claustrophobic as I am. And find cars to be too confining, which I do. Or how about big people? At 6'2'' 245, cars aren't exactly built for my frame. And what about those of us who are active and need a truck to haul around our equipment?

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-14-2004, 12:25 PM   #43
Flub Man

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Why can't a woman have the choice to marry a man or a woman (and likewise for men)? Who are you to dictate who people can marry?
The law.

Why can't parents have the choice to place their child in any school they want too using school vouchers?

I love this game too

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-14-2004, 12:33 PM   #44
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

The law- that's a copout Flub and you know it since the whole premise of the gay marriage debate is whether laws for/against it are wrong/unconstitutional.

I'm not doing this just to be a pain nor even just to further debate gay marriage- but because conservatives are so self-serving about which rights and choices they want to restrict. You're willing to legislate something as personal as marital choice, but God help the person who wants to introduce emissions or fuel economy regulations that would jeopardize your right to drive your gas guzzling ubertank.

As to vouchers I'm not necessarily against them although I think once you start handing out vouchers you've written off any hopes of improving the public school system and you might as well privatize the whole thing. But that's for another thread really.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:39 PM   #45
Everclear

I'm an equity derivatives trader for a top-tier investment bank; my grasp of finance and economics is pretty good.

Yes, and obviousely your reading abilities are somewhat limited. My comment was in reference to a specific statement, and it was not your statement. I didn't have a problem with your statement, except that I am not particularly fond of using the tax code as forms of social legislation. (In many cases it can make accounting more difficult, but hey that's part of the job =D)

If you desire to create a confrontational and snide remark, at least wait until someone disagrees with you. As it is, at least I can admit that I am not disagreeing with anything except your overwillingness to create rudeness.
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 12:42 PM   #46
Flub Man

Gay marriage is choice. It is not as if gay people didn't know that they could not marry their 'whatever'. Instead of choosing not to be gay. They want the law to suit them. Are we to change the law to suit every group?

You are not in favor of giving everyone choice on everything. So to say it is just conservatives is hypocritical.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-14-2004, 12:46 PM   #47
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Flub- it is still highly debatable that being gay is a choice.

But that's not the point- the choices I'm in favor of restricting are restricted for real reasons- not BS like religion or ick-factor.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:47 PM   #48
Everclear

I also think people should be able to drive whatever car they can afford and want. Gays should be able to get married. People should mind their own damn business. I like SUV's and not all of them are terrible polluters. I think gay people should be able to get married jsut like anyone else can get married. ..and IF I have the chance, I will DRIVE my SUV to a GAY WEDDING! buwahaha!
Old 04-14-2004, 12:51 PM   #49
Everclear

It is not as if gay people didn't know that they could not marry their 'whatever'. Instead of choosing not to be gay. They want the law to suit them

Give me a break. People know if they don't work, they won't get a paycheck, but they still want social programs to pay them. This is absurd.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:18 PM   #50
Inmountains

Hey Ares, I paid $16,500 for my 4 Wheel Drive Suburban, and $10,900 for my Dodge Ram 2500 4X4. My Suburban holds 42 gallons and my truck holds 35 gallons. Some months I only fill up ONCE.

So, here is your task, take your Corsica, go 65 mph down Highway 160 at dusk, and have a 200 pound deer jump out fight in front of you! I hate killing animals with my vehicle, but it happens!!

Oh, one more thing. I get a huge laugh out of people saying, "I used to live in Colorado, yada, yada, yada," Like they know all about where I live, how to drive where I live and how to survive where I live. There have been HUNDREDS of time that I started my vehicle, tried to more, and couldn't. I put it in four wheel drive, and drove right out. Places including even my driveway. And living in or around Denver does NOT mean living in the mountains. I am almost 3,000 feet higher elevation than Denver. For every mile of paved road in the county where I live, there are 10 miles of dirt roads. So, sometimes there is a NEED for the big 4x4's!!!

Last edited by Inmountains; 04-14-2004 at 02:41 PM.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote