Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2004, 07:25 AM   #1
Inmountains

Default XXXXXXXXXXXX Lied!!!!

I just don't understand any of you. You all act surprised that someone "on the hill" lied!?!?!? The last person on the Hill to NOT lie was when Senator X brought their 3 month old grandchild to the hill to show off, because the three month old couldn't talk yet. Because when a child starts to talk, one of the first things they learn to say after mama and dada is, "NOT ME"!!!

Everyone is lying, jockying for position, trying to prove their point. They're Lawyers for goodness sake!!! Let me put in a small nutshell for all of you.

NO ONE in the US Government KNEW FOR SURE that on 9/11/2001 terrorists would hi-jack 4 US Airliners and try to take out US Targets. Everyone in the US Government KNEW that terrorists wanted to attack the US on US soil. There had already been attacks on US targets outside the US, the USS Cole, embassies, etc...

I wish they would stop this Circus on the Hill called, "The 9/11 commission", and start dealing with the top three things in this country, The Economy, Foreign Policy, and Energy Policy (we need to start punching holes in Alaska NOW). This commission is a JOKE at best and a waste of our money at worst. Election year Politics!!! I HATE it!!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 07:30 AM   #2
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Inmountains wins!!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 07:39 AM   #3
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Inmountains LIED!!!!!

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 07:44 AM   #4
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Oh, for the record, despite my agreeing with the basic premise here, I don't want anyone saying I support drilling in Alaska (just noticed). I'm not religiously opposed to the idea either (I'm only like 80% enviro-nut), but I think there are alternatives.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:04 AM   #5
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Punching holes in Alaska would just be like a junkie finding a new dealer. The longer we remain dependent on oil the more it's going to hurt when it runs out, and it will run out. Save the money, spare the wilderness, and start converting to renewable sources sooner rather than later.

Or would you rather render the Earth uninhabitable before giving up a small fraction of your standard of living?
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:24 AM   #6
Flub Man

Have you been to ANWAR? There is nothing there!! And why should my standard of living have to suffer? There is a reason I am at the top of the food chain.

If I want to drive a truck or SUV and guzzle gas like it's water. Why shouldn't I? I thought you libs were all about choice. Or is that only when it comes to killing the unborn?

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-13-2004, 08:43 AM   #7
bumbleroot

I wish they would stop this Circus on the Hill called, "The 9/11 commission", and start dealing with the top three things in this country,
There would be NO politics to this if Bush had not made the claim- that he was completely on top of terrorism before 9/11. It is very incredulous. That lie right there pretty much has precipitated this being turned into a political game. Its funny that Bush is so involved in what is going on in this commission yet Kerry refuses to pretty much comment on it. Its clear who is culpable and who isn't on this one.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:49 AM   #8
Inmountains

Bumb, I would have to disagree. This is an election year, they would call a commission on how Dick Cheney buckles his belt if that were the top issue. OK, that is a bit of a stretch, but you get my point! It's called grandstanding and everyone is jockying for the election!!!

As for oil, how come we can advance nearly everything except the 'internal combustion engine'?
Old 04-13-2004, 09:01 AM   #9
Sakkath

hmm, we have advanced past it. Unfortunately there isn't yet the widespread political/corporate will for change.
Sakkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:10 AM   #10
Veo

hmm, we have advanced past it. Unfortunately there isn't yet the widespread political/corporate will for change.
That's because everyone has their fingers in the fossil fuel pots. As long as oil is *THE* fuel source, politicians will be reluctant to encourage change away from oil-based fuels. Hell, I've seen articles on vehicles fueled by vegetable oil. Not cost efficient enough to factory-line develop them. Even the hybrid cars are just barely making a name for themselves. The problem is that they still cost enough more than convential vehicles that the average joe/jane won't buy one. Once the cost for hybrids comes down, coupled with the discount for buying a hybrid (around $2k), then you'll see more of them on the road, and less worry on gasoline prices.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:00 AM   #11
Sakkath

I would advocate taxing gasoline to subsidise cleaner fuels. It's things like this that governments can actually do something useful by interfering.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:33 AM   #12
bumbleroot

they would call a commission on how Dick Cheney buckles his belt if that were the top issue.
Who is the THEY you refer to?
Old 04-13-2004, 05:49 PM   #13
Maximus Faticus

I would advocate taxing gasoline to subsidise cleaner fuels. It's things like this that governments can actually do something useful by interfering.
That would hurt the economy quite a bit.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 06:33 PM   #14
bumbleroot

That would hurt the economy quite a bit.
I totally disagree.
Moving money from one part of the economy to another doesn't help or hurt the economy.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:25 PM   #15
Everclear

Moving money from one part of the economy to another doesn't help or hurt the economy.

I am really staritng to wonder where some of you people get your economic/financial educations. This isn't moving from "One area to another" this is revenue legislation in the form of TAXES. Yes, taxes can very much adversly affect spending patterns, coporate earnings, stock performance, investment potential...all very much economic growth/performance indicators, and bases for determining hiring/layoff strategies. I won't bother going on until people at least attend basic economics classes before commenting on things like this.
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:46 PM   #16
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Yeah, so there's nothing in Alaska. Well, where else is there oil on this planet?

Face it, not until we've sucked every last goddamn drop out of this planet are we going to switch, because (especially when the supply gets tight) there is too much political investment in it. Read: money.

There is no reason other than money to not convert to something cleaner, and because humanity worships the almighty Dollar we're not going to see change. People will gladly sacrifice their lives for their country, and yet believe taxes to be the most evil thing ever invented by man. What the fuck?

Are your priorities so twisted that you'd sacrifice the ability to breathe clean air just so you can drive a gas-guzzling gallons per mile SUV? Never mind the fact that you could save yourself the money in the first place. Even if you're rich you should still understand the principle of thrift, because otherwise you're just a wasteful bastard. Nobody in their right mind needs a car that costs over $30,000. It's transportation, and trying to pass it off as a status symbol is just a euphemism for waving around your economic penis. We don't want to know how large your financial dick is, and you're an idiot if you think most people care that you drive a Jaguar. There still is a speed limit, there still is a weight limit, so you can't drive as fast as you want, and some SUVs cannot legally load up with their maximum payload. What gives?

You'll fuck over the planet and everyone on it just so you can have your ass-warming leather seats and vanity mirrors. Fuck you.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 12:47 AM   #17
Sakkath

I am really staritng to wonder where some of you people get your economic/financial educations. This isn't moving from "One area to another" this is revenue legislation in the form of TAXES. Yes, taxes can very much adversly affect spending patterns, coporate earnings, stock performance, investment potential...all very much economic growth/performance indicators, and bases for determining hiring/layoff strategies. I won't bother going on until people at least attend basic economics classes before commenting on things like this.
I'm an equity derivatives trader for a top-tier investment bank; my grasp of finance and economics is pretty good.

If you read what I wrote before spouting your ill-thought out diatribe, I advocated raising the duty on gasoline to subsidise cleaner fuels. That's encouraging specific behaviour and moving money around, not simply filling up government coffers as you imply.
Your argument seems reliant on getting an emotional response from the word tax (you even caps it). I won't bother going on until you attend a basic English class and learn to read.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:00 AM   #18
Misty
Do Not Disturb

Hocus Pocus...

Sakkath said - "I advocated raising the duty on gasoline to subsidise cleaner fuels. That's encouraging specific behaviour and moving money around, not simply filling up government coffers as you imply."
How's this 'encouraging' any behaviour but to install a petroleum economic regimen specifically overseeing the change to 'cleaner' fossil fuels, as against change to something else that ought be entirely better. It simply continues filling up government coffers.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)

Last edited by Misty; 04-14-2004 at 04:06 AM.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:04 AM   #19
Inmountains

Ares,
Obviously, you haven't seen all the Dodge Neons, Toyota Corolla's, Chevrolet Sprint's, etc.., either stuck in a ditch on a snowy day with a $500 towing bill, or after they have hit a 2000 pound steer here in Colorado. Sometimes there is a reason to drive a Dodge Ram 2500 or a Chevrolet Suburban, it's call "survival" and 'efficiency'. I thought about buying a 'fuel efficient' vehicle but all it would take is one accident and all my savings would be gone. And the fact that I have hit 4 deer here with my Suburban already, with the total damage being a bent license plate and small crack in the grill, I would say I am doing ok. If I were driving a small car, I would have totaled 4 cars in 4 years (two of the deer kills I was doing 65 mph), not to mention possible injury to my children or me.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:41 AM   #20
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

If we made fuel from Pot, I think the enviro wacko's would finally shut up.

Z..
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:56 AM   #21
Flub Man

Originally Posted by AresProphet
Are your priorities so twisted that you'd sacrifice the ability to breathe clean air just so you can drive a gas-guzzling gallons per mile SUV? Never mind the fact that you could save yourself the money in the first place. Even if you're rich you should still understand the principle of thrift, because otherwise you're just a wasteful bastard. Nobody in their right mind needs a car that costs over $30,000. It's transportation, and trying to pass it off as a status symbol is just a euphemism for waving around your economic penis. We don't want to know how large your financial dick is, and you're an idiot if you think most people care that you drive a Jaguar. There still is a speed limit, there still is a weight limit, so you can't drive as fast as you want, and some SUVs cannot legally load up with their maximum payload. What gives?
And who the fuck are you to tell people what they can and cannot drive? Once again, you have shown yourself as someone who wants to dictate over people because you don't like the choice they made. You are a very closed minded person. You only want people to make a decision based on what you want. Too bad, this is America where we like to choose what is best for us. Instead of having closed minded people like you make them for us.

Originally Posted by AresProphet
You'll fuck over the planet and everyone on it just so you can have your ass-warming leather seats and vanity mirrors. Fuck you.
Sure will, I'll even laugh while doing it. And Fuck You too. Don't like to have choices in what people can drive? Move to fucking China and buy a buy a bike you self righteous, closed minded assclown.

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-14-2004, 06:59 AM   #22
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
The only people who complain about others driving SUV's are those who are too poor to afford them.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:01 AM   #23
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Conservatives are so fucked up. You would stand up and die for someone's right to pump as much exhaust as they want into the ozone layer, but you don't want gay people to get married? Never fails to amaze me....
Old 04-14-2004, 07:04 AM   #24
Flub Man

Liberals are so fucked up. You will stand up and scream for gays to get married and are pro-choice when it comes to killing a baby, but you don't want people to have the choice to own/drive the car they want, and think school choice is a four letter word? Never fails to amaze me....

~ Skip Bertman

~bumble
Old 04-14-2004, 07:12 AM   #25
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
You would stand up and die for someone's right to pump as much exhaust as they want into the ozone layer, but you don't want gay people to get married?
I would rather teach my children it's ok to pump exhaust into the (now shrinking hole in the) ozone layer than teaching him it's ok to pump baby batter in another man's ass anyday.

Soooo...fuck off.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote