Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2004, 06:24 AM   #1
Deadscale

Default The Alamo, remember it?

Anyone see this movie?

Saw it three times, Friday morning and night and then Saturday afternoon. Don't think Friday night counted, girl I was with never stfu

I'm easily entertained by movies, but I never go back and watch it more than once at the theater. Not even 10 John Wayne's could have made his movie surpass this one (and I watched the John Wayne one tons of times)

What I found kind of ironic in the movie is how Santa Ana brought up how if they didn't take the Alamo that their grandchildren and their grandchildren's grandchildren will be begging for crumbs from the Americans. Now I don't see them "begging" for crumbs, but illegal immigration and some harsh conditions they go through to try and cross the border.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:16 AM   #2
Valleycrest
Defrocked Irish priest

I saw the movie over the weekend. I was describing it to my coworkers this morning and one of them (of Mexican heritage) became extremely disturbed. He said that he would never endorse that movie and actually was resentful of the fact that I had seen and was talking about it. He then went on to describe how the Americans stole Texas from Mexico and that if Mexico had kept what was rightfully theirs that they would not be as poor of a nation. I was floored. I reminded him to check his facts, but he wouldn't hear anything I had to say. Funny, I thought the controversial movie was the Passion.

Anyway, I thought the movie was really good. I read a few critical columns stating that it was boring. But I know from prior experience that boring = historically accurate. On the most part it was. It showed the figures as they really were. The Davy Crockett ending was certainly different than any other depiction I've ever seen.
Valleycrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:41 PM   #3
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

I saw the movie over the weekend. I was describing it to my coworkers this morning and one of them (of Mexican heritage) became extremely disturbed. He said that he would never endorse that movie and actually was resentful of the fact that I had seen and was talking about it. He then went on to describe how the Americans stole Texas from Mexico and that if Mexico had kept what was rightfully theirs that they would not be as poor of a nation.
Uh first of all, you ask your mexican co worker why is all of non tourist mexico impoverished? Why does mexico who already has a major oil asset fail to improve the standards of living for its citizens and then finally ask your mexican co worker if he loves mexico so much, then wtf is he here?

PS
then tell him to stfu and inform him if we had taken all of mexico it would be in a much better shape than its in now
Old 04-12-2004, 01:15 PM   #4
Valleycrest
Defrocked Irish priest

Lmao chukzombie. I actually asked him where he was born. He told me Chicago.

He got so passionate about the first exchange that I think I just let the whole thing drop. I don't think he liked it too much that I was laughing through his entire rant. The one point I brought up to him was that there were Mexicans fighting on the Texian side. He told me they were forced to fight with them. I was laughing too hard to continue the discussion further. Apparently, some people are super sensitive to things they know absolutely nothing about.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:27 PM   #5
Everclear

Ddi you remind him that Texas was INDEPENDENT before the US annexed it, because we kicked thier butts ourselves?
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 02:36 PM   #6
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

You can remind him also that Mexico wasn't Mexico untill they
liberated themselves from the Spanish. Mexico was only in existance
for about 24 years beforehand.

In fact the mexicans were taking the land from the indians at the time
and we went in and took it from them both. HOO-RA..

God bless America
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:03 PM   #7
Valleycrest
Defrocked Irish priest

Uh first of all, you ask your mexican co worker why is all of non tourist mexico impoverished? Why does mexico who already has a major oil asset fail to improve the standards of living for its citizens and then finally ask your mexican co worker if he loves mexico so much, then wtf is he here?
Ok, I struck up the conversation again, because I thought the ignorance couldn't possibly continue. He told me that Mexico has suffered under the hand of the US. The US has supressed any advancement that Mexico has tried to accomplish or something like that. Another retarded response...

Ddi you remind him that Texas was INDEPENDENT before the US annexed it, because we kicked thier butts ourselves?
This was brought up in the previous discussion actually. He countered with the idea that the US orchestrated the rebellion.

In fact the mexicans were taking the land from the indians at the time
Get this...He tells me that all of the Mexicans ARE and WERE Indians so it was ok.

This guy's a lunatic!
Old 04-12-2004, 03:21 PM   #8
bumbleroot

I saw the movie and it really didn't do too much for me. I think the statements made by Santa Anna in the movie were simply hyperbole and for Hollywood only.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:34 PM   #9
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Bumbleroot, you should have loved the movie. The Americans lost the battle
while trying to kill innocent immigrants who were only armed to protect
themselves.

God Bless America
Zolmaz.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:45 PM   #10
bumbleroot

Z- you have a myopic view of liberals. We don't root against America as you would like to believe. Your comic book concept of good guys and bad guys is humorous. You need to really understand a little something called depth.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:52 PM   #11
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

By depth do you mean that Kerry will take care of the terrorist problem,
and bush has no clue?

God Bless America
Zolmaz
Old 04-12-2004, 04:06 PM   #12
bumbleroot

By depth do you mean that Kerry will take care of the terrorist problem,
and bush has no clue?
Zolmaz if you believed that we should have attacked South Africa after we were bombed in Pearl Harbor then I can understand your point. As far as fighting Iraq- I still haven't heard a reason why we are doing it. Get it through that thick head of yours- FIGHTING IRAQ IS NOT WINNING THE WAR ON TERRORISM!!!! Bush thinks terrorism is a state issue- IT IS NOT!!!! It is ideological and it is evident in groups like Al Qaeda which thrives on individual cells, not state sponsorship.
Iraq was and has never been the terrorist problem- period! Fighting a war against a known enemy does not fix the problem, it only gets vengeance out for those wanting to fight a war, any war, for any reason.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:12 PM   #13
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

So the truth is that you and your leftist agenda patrons have no want to
fix the problem. You only care about getting bush out of office.

Will Kerry fix the problem?? He's on the opposing side of Bush, you need to decide. Yes? No?

Your revolving propaganda is growing old. Get some new material Bumble.
And while your at it, sign up for the liberal talking points news letter.

Edit,
Originally Posted by bumbleroot
FIGHTING IRAQ IS NOT WINNING THE WAR ON TERRORISM!!!! Bush thinks terrorism is a state issue- IT IS NOT!!!! It is ideological
Ideological huh. Tell me what that means again?
You get it, you just refuse to admit it.

God Bless America
Zolmaz.

Last edited by Zolmaz Zo'Boto; 04-12-2004 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:37 PM   #14
bumbleroot

So the truth is that you and your leftist agenda patrons have no want to
fix the problem. You only care about getting bush out of office.
No, I'm going to tell you what the truth is. It is your truth also. You are too cowardice to admit this though because you are afraid to admit caring about anything lest it ruffle your vision of your masculinity.
You and other cons are connected to the conservative movement because of your anger. You don't give a shit whether this anger is properly channeled or not. As long as there is action you are happy with it. Any action. Kill someone and your thirst for blood and quenching your anger is fulfilled.
I will provide you with some of the conservative targets of anger....
Minorities
Iraq
Criminals
Feminists
Gays
Liberals
The Press
Lawyers
ACLU

The truth is that you guys thrive on anger and hatred towards others and the politicians exploit this. (Exactly the same tactics Hitler used- nationalism etc. And we all know how wrong he truly was.)
Hussein was a hated target for years. That doesn't mean it was complicit in terrorism though. It was a pre-ordained target and was shown to be by Wolfowitz's etc. doctrine in the late 90s. You cons wanted to finish the job from 1991 and kept the mantra alive throughout the 90s.
As long as you guy see action being committed you believe it was right. In your angry hearts you all wanted to have a reason to knock off Hussein. You got it because Bush made a proven to be false case about it. You guys still are hanging on to your anger and want to continue on the path of vengeance rather than the path of truth.
That doesn't mean this was the right path to win the war on terror though. It has only hurt the war. The object is to win the war on terror, not exact revenge or quench the need for vengeance.
The truth is that Iraq has never been shown or proven to be in any way complicit in terrorism. THERE IS NO PROOF!!!
As I said before, most of my best friends are conservatives. I am surprised when I talk with them how much their philosophies are built upon hatred as are yours Zolmaz. That is all they are built upon. There is no logic to their thoughts and repeatedly there has been no logic to the cons on these boards.
I pity people who choose to spend their lives hating others. They will die a miserable person.
I can accept that there are reasonable arguments on fiscal conservative matters, but as far as Iraq and this FAKE war on terror, you and your conservative cohorts are only fooling yourselves as we are further falling against the war on terror. That is the wrong goal.
This WAS the wrong war at the wrong time. It was done wrong. Us libs said it then, and our words have all come about as we said they would. That is because we use reason before acting on anger. That doesn't mean that we fail to act, it means we understand measured responses and you guys would rather shoot first then ask questions later. The truth doesn't work that way. There are times to act swiftly and times to act judiciously. The case against Iraq was not begging for swift action. It was begging for judicious action. That was not taken. The case against OBL demanded both swift and judicious action. That was taken and I applaud Bush for doing so. I have contempt at him for selling the true war on terror short simply to quench the hatred of conservatives. That is political and not judicious.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:42 PM   #15
Caelie123

So Bumbleroot are you swearing to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you Allah?

I mean after all, you are the only person in the world that knows the TRUTH!

You forgot to add Kerry and Richard Clarke to the list...
Old 04-12-2004, 06:56 PM   #16
bumbleroot

Caelie, go ahead and prove me wrong. I have listened to you and your conservatives hateful invective for years and there is a reason that Bush tried to call himself compassionate. Because he wanted to set himself apart from all the hatred in the conservative movement. After all, compassion and hatred are at opposite ends of the spectrum.
If you and your buddies choose to make me a target (as is your MOI) go ahead. But making me a target doesn't deal with any facts. It only avoids them. I am a big boy and I could give a shit what any of you hatemongers say. Your insistence on hating others is sickening and as I said before I can live with differing ideals, but when I see hatred being shown, I will never fail to point it out. So if you take offense to it, good. If you don't give a shit about it. then it is unfortunate for you. It only shows to me that you and your kind are unable to take constructive criticism.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:02 PM   #17
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Bumbleroot,
Everybody knows your wrong Bumble. Nobody has to prove anything.
Just because "you get lucky" and say one truth, does not make any
post you make full of honesty.

At least your entertaining, and a good little dedicated Liberal.

God Bless America
God Bless George W. Bush
God Bless our American Troops and their Families
Zolmaz.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:05 PM   #18
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
I am a big boy
Classic.

Z..
Old 04-12-2004, 10:58 PM   #19
Azraelwrath

Mexicans are stupid. Duh.
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.
Azraelwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 03:39 AM   #20
Chiteng
Supporter

It will be hard to beat Fess Parker swinging old Betsy, standing on top of
a mound of dead mexicans. That is true drama.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 07:38 AM   #21
Inmountains

Bumbleboof
Here is your list:
Criminals
Feminists
Gays
Liberals
The Press
Lawyers
ACLU

Let's see, I am a Conservative, and I married a minority. Some of my best friends at work are Liberals. When I owned a business, I hired gays because they were qualified ( I had NO quota's, business was too small). Actually, the only two I really hate in that group are criminals and lawyers, although there is little difference in the two. Feminists can rub me the wrong way, but I understand their core issues. Iraq is a great country, but have just been mislead, and use violence to settle disputes, not debate and compromise. The ACLU can be good or bad, just like Liberals. The Press is a broad category, some good, some bad. I guess I judge people on their character, their integrity, their intelligence, their class, not some broad thing like skin color, race, religion, etc.... Unlike the Liberals who pretend to care and then stab you in the back. Bunch of wishy, washy, check the wind before speaking type of people. Again, not all of them, and I will judge each one individually, but I see it so much in the libs who post here.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 07:47 AM   #22
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
I tried to read Bumble's whole rant earlier, but was laughing to hard to make it through. You get an "A" for effort though Bumble..but otherwise..it was your standard Bush and conservative hating mantra that you've been blindly spewing about since Bush won in 2000. Maybe if you would type it while wearing a pink dress or in the nude or something it might breathe some life back into your otherwise worthless posts...

Just..don't link any screenies ok?
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 07:59 AM   #23
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I disagree IM- there's no backstabbing here. In the figurative sense, I'd gladly stab any of you cons full in the chest with a smile on my face
Old 04-13-2004, 08:07 AM   #24
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
In the figurative sense
You disappoint me, Horm.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:09 AM   #25
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I get in enough trouble for being the angry liberal- I couldn't give them such obvious quote-bait