Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2004, 11:01 AM   #51
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
On Chiteng's assertion about income tax:

There are very good reasons for it. Unless you are a strict Constitutional Literalist, there is no reason not to have it.

For one, property taxation was (and still is) a problem, because not everyone owns property.

For two, you can't tax people without a job. Where do they get the money?

For three, income is usually a relaible indicator of how much a person is utilizing infrastructure.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:49 PM   #52
Chiteng
Supporter

Trith you keep ignoring what I actually DID claim. IE that Bush has NOT helped the people that he is now asking for votes from.

You conjecture/fantasies/whatever dont impact me.

Yes I stated she was unemployed. So what?
NOT ONCE did I ever say 'Its all Bush's fault'
Not once =) That would have been foolish.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:51 PM   #53
Chiteng
Supporter

I dont like Income tax because.......

Once you open the tap to unlimited money, you will never get it closed again.
THAT is why I dont like it. The country did FINE until WW1 w/o it.

Heinlein predicted the end, and sadly I cant refute him.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Old 04-05-2004, 01:55 PM   #54
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Kerry: Fat-Cats Pad Payrolls to Boost Bush

Those 300k jobs are just to get Bush elected anyways!!

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:28 PM   #55
Caelie123

Oh my Flub....Those sneaky rich Republicans.

Hey! Whatever it takes to see Bush in 2004
Old 04-05-2004, 02:42 PM   #56
Maximus Faticus

something special in their personality that just clicks and works to make them successful.
Motivation.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:46 PM   #57
Caelie123

On a side thought...Do you think the Democratic Business Owners are firing people to make Bush look bad? Ya never know, it could happen.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:21 PM   #58
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Chiteng
You see Kanibal, YOU may be stupid enough to eat swill at the trough,
and then thank the man for the opportunity. But 'I' resent his assumption
that we are all stupid enough to buy his bullshit. I am not.
Nah, you're smart. You'll vote for the opposition just to spite the incumbent. That's how every American should vote. I think I'll run off and vote for Bush just to spite you. It makes every bit as much sense as your stance, right?

If you plan to lose the income tax, exactly how do you plan to pay for the government services and projects that are being funded by those taxes? Should we have federal bake sales and car washes like high school kids do to raise money? Yes! Let's support the US government on fundraisers alone. I like this plan! Then I can receive government benefits and services and only pay for them if I want to, and I'll get cookies in the process!

No, you might not specifically blame Bush for your wife being unemployed. You've all but implied that that might be her own doing. You have blamed him for failing to fix the problem. If I have a car and I go run it into a tree or sell it off, why is someone else responsible for replacing it for me? I had the car; I chose to get rid of the car. Whose problem is that? Mine. Not my neighbors, not my cousin's, and certainly not my president's.

The fact is that if your wife wants to maintain gainful employment, she might have to do something she doesn't want to for awhile. There are jobs out there. It's not the president's job to make sure that she gets the job that she wants. That's her job.

I think that you expect the US government provide you with the things you don't have and make life hunky-dory for you, and yet you don't want to have to pay a cent to help them out. Exactly how is that fair, or even reasonable?
Old 04-05-2004, 03:59 PM   #59
Chiteng
Supporter

Your confusing ideaism with pragmatism.
The genie is out of the bottle. We have as much chance of getting rid
of the income tax, as we do having females re-embrace abstinence before marriage.

I can 'say' anything I want.

You ignore the foolishness of asking people that you have done NOTHING
to helpm for votes.

Expend your vote as you see fit =) I certainly will =)

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 04-05-2004, 10:06 PM   #60
Everclear

But I would have YOU audited, just because I dont like you =)

Come and get me baby, I graduate in December with a degree in fiinance and accounting, after which I will begin an internship with the SEC for 6 months then be going to law school. I will be on one side of an audit, one way or the other =P
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:10 PM   #61
Everclear

For two, you can't tax people without a job. Where do they get the money?

On this point, people without jobs are taxed, also. Income is taxed.. income is considered "income from whatever source derived"... you can even pay income tax on social security (it's a total bitch figuring, tho... hated that crap), but anyone who has "income" (very broadly defined") is subject to taxation.
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:19 PM   #62
Deadscale

Will you do my taxes Everclear?
<3
Old 04-05-2004, 11:00 PM   #63
Brigiid

You ignore the foolishness of asking people that you have done NOTHING
to helpm for votes.
You're kidding, right? Out of the current 290 million people living in the United States, you're condemning him for not going out of his way to do something special for you as an individual? Has he tried to make improvements for the country? I believe he has.

Let's elect you for President. Let's let you sit in office for a few months then have someone attack your country. Let's let you spend the rest of your term in office trying to fix the problem of national security and handle the cause of war, while trying to fix the damage done to the US economy by those attacks. Let's see if you can take time out of your busy schedule to reach out to Joe Blow citizen and make his day.

My God, you aren't looking for a president, you're looking for a superhero. You delude yourself into believing he is all-knowing, all-seeing, and capable of anything, then condemn, abandon, and despise him when you realize he's not Superman? Who's fault is it that you're deluded? His or yours?

When November rolls around, I'll be voting for the candidate that I believe is going to help my country, not me individually. I'm not selfish enough to believe that it's "all about me" and what I want. With as much patriotism as you spout on a regular basis, you'd figure you for a true-blue, all-about-my-country American. No, you're an all-about-Chiteng American.

Sure, you can say whatever you want. Just quit trying to dress it up and call it what it is: good old-fashioned selfishness.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:28 PM   #64
Chiteng
Supporter

Sure, you can say whatever you want. Just quit trying to dress it up and call it what it is: good old-fashioned selfishness

No, I will continue to do just as I always do =)
I dont share your opinion =) I thinks the Prez, should get his favors,
from those who he gives his too.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 04-05-2004, 11:46 PM   #65
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

A CEO makes money directly in relation to the success of his employees. Yet, they maintain a fixed salary.
Yeah, but your average CEO has a fuckton more responsibility than your average desk jockey. Jerry in the mail room doesn't have to make decisions that could make or break the company, nor does he have to kiss the stockholders' collective ass.
"With great power comes great responsibility"; in America, money = power.
The inverse is also true, in this case: with great responsibility comes great power.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:20 AM   #66
Gerick

We cant all run a company, you have your employers, your sell outs(fransisers) your workers and your unemployed, there just isnt a job for everyone if the rich are hording their cash, but that burns them later on because the consumer has nothing to buy with, and then the pendulum swings, it goes around and around and no one is to blame except bad practices such as outsourcing, if the money is going elsewere it wont be long before you cant make much money in the USA and you have to move your headquarters, and since they are doing poorly, shut down your USA stores.

i predict that india will become a world super power, and our nation will shrink and borderline on 3rd world if we keep sending our wealth elsewhere, unless someone can point out how we are getting money back to the common person in the united states (besides selling plat to korean teenagers )
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:33 AM   #67
Brigiid

I thinks the Prez, should get his favors,
from those who he gives his too.
Then by your logic, he might just be waiting for you to do him a favor before he bothers to return it. What have you done for your president lately?
Old 04-06-2004, 01:01 AM   #68
Chiteng
Supporter

I am not asking the Prez to vote for me =)
So I owe him nothing =)

I dont like elitest punks. I really hate National Guard officers.

He is BOTH.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 04-06-2004, 01:03 AM   #69
ShardmoonVer.1

I have another scenerio for you, Gerick. The US farms out as much of the grunt work as we can and we end up having way too much influence in India and other emerging countries due to the threat of pulling those jobs if they dont cooperate.

Lets say a crucial vote comes up in the U.N. (heh, it could happen) and we need the votes to impose our will. Which way do you think these countries that are becoming completely dependant on servicing US business are going to vote? Talk about having them by the shorthairs.

Our military, while impressive, is nothing compared to the economic hammer we already wield.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:09 AM   #70
Brigiid

I am not asking the Prez to vote for me =)
So I owe him nothing =)
This is absolutely true. On the other hand, you're expecting favors from him, so it stands to reason that he could expect favors from you first. That is your philosophy, after all. I'd think you'd appreciate it.

I dont like elitest punks. I really hate National Guard officers.

He is BOTH.
Is it possible to make you happy? Why don't you just say that you're terminally unhappy, regardless of what happens to you, and quit trying to pass it off as someone else's fault or failure that made you feel this way?

Oh, I know, "because I can" and "because it's what I do" and "I don't care what you think" and "I can say what I want", and while we're at it, "We should elect Nuldar! I trust him!"
Old 04-06-2004, 03:01 AM   #71
Chiteng
Supporter

I will be quite happy the night Bush is defeated =)

I dont recall asking Bush for anything. I judge him by what he DOESNT do.
Not by what I asked him to do.

If he actually CARED about the hardships of the unemployed, he would have DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!

Logicly then we can infer, he doesnt give a rats ass.

Great, than they can return that sentiment, w/o a trace of guilt.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 04-06-2004, 03:48 AM   #72
Brigiid

I dont recall asking Bush for anything. I judge him by what he DOESNT do.
Not by what I asked him to do.
Do ya ever get dizzy reading your own posts? I only ask, because you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time chasing your own tail.

If he actually CARED about the hardships of the unemployed, he would have DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!
It's one thing not to care, and another thing entirely to care and not be able to do what you want him to do. Just because he doesn't achieve your personally desired result does not mean he's done nothing.

I can see how voting for Kerry will fix all of our nation's problems. Oh wait, you're not interested in what Kerry may or may not do in office. You're just interested in exacting your passive-aggressive form of revenge against Bush. Kerry could ultimately be more damaging to the United States than Bush ever considered, but you'd see him voted into office just to spite someone who didn't meet your demands. That's responsible voting there.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:55 AM   #73
Chiteng
Supporter

Not quite =)

There is more than one option.

If Bush wins...we get ore of the same or worse. I dont want that.

If Kerry wins...we MIGHT get more of the same, or worse. I 'MAY' not want that. BUT it might be....Kerry actually does something to make things better.

There is at least a CHANCE. There is none with this 'trickle-down-bonesman'.

But in any case, I dont reward people who piss me off, for pissing me off.
That is counter-productive.

If you feel that I am a marginalized minority, why not relax? Take it easy?

OR maybe you might wonder why so many people dont like Bush.
Just look at the polls.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 04-06-2004, 04:32 AM   #74
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
OR maybe you might wonder why so many people dont like Bush.
It's amazing how Democrats will swallow anything their party line tells them to. If you ask most of the rabid Bush haters why they feel the way they do..very few of them can give a truthful or coherant answer.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 05:35 AM   #75
Chiteng
Supporter

Well Trith 'I' dont like Bush because he is a poser.

Sure he TALKS like the fearsome war leader, but when the chips are down,
he shies away from the hard choice. Sure he will bankrupt the country
to get the men INTO Iraq, but once they are there, he doesnt have them
do the EFFECTIVE, things that would supress this resistance. He keeps
temporizing. Not unlike Johnson.

so we end up with neither an effective war leader, nor an effective domestic leader. All we have is a stooge for big money. I say screw big money, tax their asses off.

Voltaire

French Priest