Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2004, 12:46 PM   #126
Gerick

we can send all the aid we want, it doesnt get to the common man, the best we could do if we were responsible is go down there and hand out food and money ourselves
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:36 PM   #127
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
It doesn't get to the common man? Mexico has a fairly stable and surprisingly non-corrupt government. For a country that has a fuckload of citizens living on poverty they actually have been pretty honest about trying to fix their problems. With the sheer scale of it, though, they need help.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 02:22 PM   #128
Alauradana

Quote:
A three-year guest worker program is amnesty! What the hell do you think it means?

A three year guest worker program is that, a three year guest worker program. Amnesty is granting Citizenship. HELLLOOOOO!!!!! Now I know why Luri couldn't stand posting here. The studity has become overwhelming. I would have better luck explaining this to a three year old.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 03:13 PM   #129
Gerick

Ares, every dollar we send has a percentage taken out that is given to governmental types, i dont care how much they take, it wasnt ment for them, it was ment for the poverty stricken and the sick
Old 04-07-2004, 04:17 PM   #130
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Originally Posted by AresProphet
Mexico has a fairly stable and surprisingly non-corrupt government.
Heh. Really? How many times have you been to Mexico? I rented a car in Mexico city
in 98 and was pulled over 2 times for no reason. Each time I was pulled over
I was told to pay up or talk to the judge in about 2-weeks. Poof 200-bucks.

I actually left the car in town and hired a taxi, then called affordable and told them where
it was.

No corruption? Thats funny. Maybe you should research your comments
before you commit them to print Ares.

God Bless Our Troops
God Bless Freedom
God Bless America
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:05 PM   #131
Maximus Faticus

Amnesty is granting Citizenship.
Main Entry: amĚnesĚty
Pronunciation: 'am-n&-stE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
Etymology: Greek amnEstia forgetfulness, from amnEstos forgotten, from a- + mnasthai to remember -- more at MIND
: the act of an authority (as a government) by which pardon is granted to a large group of individuals- amnesty transitive verb

I don't see anything there about granting Citizenship. However I do see a pardon, which will to be granted for 3 years.
The studity has become overwhelming.
What the hell is studity?
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:33 PM   #132
crimsonedge

Originally Posted by AresProphet
Mexico has a fairly stable and surprisingly non-corrupt government. For a country that has a fuckload of citizens living on poverty they actually have been pretty honest about trying to fix their problems.
I need some of whatever you are smoking Ares. Here are some fun quotes and links:

Jan. 29 (2004) -- Thirteen Mexican state police officers are being questioned and four more are being sought in connection with the killings of 11 people found buried at a house used by drug traffickers in this border city, federal officials said Thursday.

The corruption allegations against the police are "not a surprise at all," said Lorenza Benavides, co-director of the Association of Relatives and Friends of Disappeared People, a Juarez group that represents the families of nearly 200 men said to have disappeared since 1993. Benavides said most of the men were last seen with police, who she suspects abducted and possibly killed them. She said the motives were unclear.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...&notFound=true

Associated Press
Mar. 12, 2004 12:00 AM

MEXICO CITY - Two federal police agents and five unofficial helpers have been arrested as they operated an illegal highway roadblock near the Arizona border, the federal Attorney General's Office said Thursday.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...co-police.html

Publicacion Date: 6/21/2002

Many of Mexico City┤s citizens think their biggest law enforcement problem is the police. Thousands of uniformed officers do double duty as criminals: petty thieves, armed robbers, extortionists and, on occasion, killers. "They were not made to serve society," Alejandro Gertz Manero, the federal public security chief, said in an interview. "The police are a force that the people fear."

http://support.casals.com/aaaflash1/...AAControl=7415

(ok even billy carter wasnt this bad)

Salinas's Brother Accused of Murder
By Tod Robberson
Washington Post Foreign Service
Wednesday, March 1, 1995; Page A01

MEXICO CITY, FEB. 28 -- Special prosecutor Pablo Chapa shocked the nation tonight with the announcement of Raul Salinas's arrest, identifying him as a key suspect in the daylight assassination of Jose Francisco Ruiz Massieu, secretary general of the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ies/950301.htm

The Swiss authorities say more than $100m of drugs money was deposited in Swiss banks by the brother of the former Mexican president, Carlos Salinas

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/197773.stm

You must have been nuanced about these possible links to corruption when you posted that there was a surprising lack of corruption in mexico....
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:22 AM   #133
Gerick

dont be upset, its just another person brainwased to think that everyone is a poor unwashed huddled mass and its our duty to save and police the world
Old 04-08-2004, 03:27 AM   #134
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
*removes foot from mouth*

Alright, I was wrong.

I have trouble believing we couldn't pressure them into reform, though. We have a lot of political leverage to use against Mexico.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote