Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2004, 01:13 PM   #26
Felessan

So instead of looking for the solution that will benefit us, we seek the solution that will damage them. This is fighting war for war's sake, and something I can't condone under any circumstances. I don't care how much you think they deserve it, if there is no benefit for you to take someone out, it is not worth it to kill them for spite. Revenge is no excuse either, though it's very appealing. History is history, and a few heads on a platter aren't going to change it.
I dont know any soldier who enjoys war...much less fights a war for war's sake. In the end, we go where we're told regardless of what we feel about the idea. Right, wrong, or indifferent...

And a few more heads on a platter...at key points in history....would have mattered a great deal.

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:21 PM   #27
bumbleroot

The point is that fighting terrorists as the only means of beating them is not beating them but creating more terrorists. For the sake of not giving in or in other words "Pride" we decide to create war with them. Well look at their tactics. Their intent is to have us create war with them. Being that we are now engaged in an endless situation in a Middle Eastern country, then how have we defeated them?
The approach of Democratization is not a poor approach. However, it has to be self attained, not from military makings. Freedom of the airwaves is one manner to fight terrorism. Discussion with religious and world leaders is another. Another is to fix Israel. All of these could be done to help curb terrorism. We have done none of these and in fact have only fanned the flames in the heart of potential terrorists.

I for one feel the need to win a war if we are in it. The manner which we are fighting feels good because we can physically see a cause and effect. However, terrorism by itself is more of a notion rather than a physical enemy. To make it physical doesn't end it, only prolongs it.
In other words, it is a war of ideas moreso than just a physical war. We are making way too many crucial mistakes in fighting this war.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 02:15 PM   #28
Felessan

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
I for one feel the need to win a war if we are in it. The manner which we are fighting feels good because we can physically see a cause and effect. However, terrorism by itself is more of a notion rather than a physical enemy. To make it physical doesn't end it, only prolongs it.
In other words, it is a war of ideas moreso than just a physical war. We are making way too many crucial mistakes in fighting this war.

I really liked this one, Bumbleroot. I agree.

Old 04-04-2004, 09:03 PM   #29
Misty
Do Not Disturb

ABC Radio news just this morning posted a disturbing report, it emphasised how the general mood of Iraqis sounds more hostile. The air over there has hotted up. Something about the possible post-ponement of general elections towards self-goverment. The report mentioned %$#! (much love, not) for the Coalition member states. Feelings are running high.

!
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 09:45 PM   #30
kanibaal
korpse

The all knowing board warriors here know exactly all the dialog that took place thru the chain of command during the time when the contractors were burnt and being strung up. Im glad we have you guys here! We are all sooo blessed!
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:48 AM   #31
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Nobody here claims to be all-knowing, Kanibaal. We have to go off what we are told. Our jedgements may not accurately reflect the true situation, but neither does the information we have.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:19 AM   #32
Felessan

Actually, Kanibaal...I would say that is precisely what several folks were saying...DAYS ago.

Old 04-05-2004, 05:58 AM   #33
kanibaal
korpse

Then why claim to know what truely happened when all we know is fragments? Do we storm in flailing like an upset kid on the playground or do we review all of what happened and figure out where to hit to reduces the number of innocent deaths? Do we charge in and mow 12 year olds down?

If I was one of the contractors I personally wouldnt care what you did because... ummm I would be dead. Throw me in a ditch and count me as a casualty. It doesnt mean my life or anyone else's life meant nothing, it is just that my burnt corpse isnt gonna do anything, so let it rot.

War sucks and to have every nation reviewing our actions non-stop to find fault sucks worse. Maybe if we didnt have pansies who sit back and throw every slip up in our nation's face to show why we shouldnt be there then we could go about things in a more thorough manner.

Who knows but it is getting old having certain people on this board regurgitate every so called USA blunder. If you think it can be better, then get off your ass and become a politician or a military leader.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:04 AM   #34
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
If you think it can be better, then get off your ass and become a politician
I'm working on that.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote